We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I suck at skirmishes - help me!

With my level 47 Warden. In Amon Sul, particularly, Tiers II and III. There is no problem all the way through until the Cargul shows up. At that point, I can A) focus on killing the Cargul and watch something else kill Candaith, B) aggro everything and die, or C) let Candaith tank the Cargul and watch him die. All three scenarios cause a failure in the skirmish.

My soldier is a sage, lvl 50 in everything, and pretty tough. And I cruise through Tier I easily. Its just...the Cargul part.

Any tips for a struggling Warden?
    [SIZE=1][I]I've paid my dues - [/I][/SIZE][I][SIZE=1]Time after time - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]I've done my sentence [/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=1]But committed no crime - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]And bad mistakes - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]I've made a few [/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=1]I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]But I've come through[/SIZE][/I]

Re: I suck at skirmishes - help me!

Tier 3 is supposed to be really hard and at 47 you don't have all of your best warden skills yet. I would steer clear of tier 3.

I don't know how you are going in to this traited. If you are spear, you are probably going to have a tough time. Try it shield traited, you can heal a lot better and should be able to outlast with your soldier and Candaith doing the damage mostly.

You can also try kiting everything with Exultation of Battle and war Cry for threat while Candaith and your soldier chase and kill. At the very least I would only let Candaith tank the smallest things. I know sometimes he pulls aggro due to dps but it is important to keep the heaviest hitters off him.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019d475/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Nightmares - 30 Hobbit Warden - Riddermark
    Endaa - 65 Man Warden - Brandywine
    Enda - 65 Hobbit Burglar - Brandywine
    Suvi - 65 Elf Hunter - Brandywine

I agree with Endaa (pardons if I spelled you name wrong, too lazy to check) you should enter into the battle shield traited. Shield is usually considered the strongest form the warden has, with spear coming in second.

As to your soldier: expirement.

I used to use the herbalist (healer) until my higher levels. now i find that i can pretty much keep my self alive and i use my soldier to kill things.

I have had excellent luck with a Bannergaurd in all skirmishes, he can save your bacon with his taunts if things start looking bad, he can help you stay healed... he can do almost everything the other soldiers can do to a lesser extent. Use him/her for a general boost to your stats.

You can also try kyting everything with war cry and leach skills and use an archer or warrior to kill everything. at level 47 this may be your best bet. I personaly dont do use this method because I am such a hardcore tank and i dont like anything getting attacked ever... unless its an annoying hunter that wont get out of strength stance... but i digress.

for this paticullar skirmish i wouldnt recomend the mage, they are just too squishy and need to be resummoned constantly.

you could also try using the gaurdian soldier to aggro the boss while you kill everything else. the only problem with this method is that your soldier will go down fast so you will need to really hit hard before your soldier dies and the boss goes after you.

In general though: avoid tier 3. at your level it is going to be very hard. I couldnt do tier 3's until about level 58, now i run them all the time.
    Last edited by Regero; Apr 05 2010 at 10:35 AM.

This is a tough skirmish period because it is crucial you keep the torches lit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Originally Posted by [B]Graalx2 [/B]-Directed at Wardens!
    You guys!!! There is such a thing as being too efficient.

Tier 3's are really meant to be done with maxed out gear for your level and a maxed out soldier. It's going to be really hard to do it them at anything but max level since you're constantly out leveling gear at lower levels and not wearing the best possible of everything.

I'll hold off on Tier IIIs for a bit.

Stuck with the Sage, but raised all of his levels. Also changed my class traits to be all shield. Still lost a few, but this time managed to win one of them, which was really awesome. I'll get the hang of this yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!

PS It is a tough skirmish due to the torches, and the constant waves, plus keeping Candaith alive. Thats why its fun, though.
    [SIZE=1][I]I've paid my dues - [/I][/SIZE][I][SIZE=1]Time after time - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]I've done my sentence [/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=1]But committed no crime - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]And bad mistakes - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]I've made a few [/SIZE][/I]
    [I][SIZE=1]I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]But I've come through[/SIZE][/I]

It becomes a lot easier if you skip encounters too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Originally Posted by [B]Graalx2 [/B]-Directed at Wardens!
    You guys!!! There is such a thing as being too efficient.