We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

ATTENTION: Kinship Recruiters. This thread is NOT for your advertisements. This thread is for people who are looking. Respect this rule, please. PM those who may be of interest to you.

Use this thread if you are undecided on a kinship (guild) or are confused by how many there are and what server to choose.

I encourage you to post sufficient information about yourself so that recruiters will know if they are interested in you or not.

For example:

Your name, or character name and race (if known):
    Preferred server(s), if any. (This is not needed, just for kinship info.):
    Location. (Timezone preferences if any, state/country, etc.):
    Playstyle. (Solo, group, PvE, PvP, RAIDs, casual, hardcore, end-game, RP, no RP, time limited, crafter, “I don’t know, I’m new to this kind of game”, etc.):
    MMO games you’ve played:
    Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?:
    What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters):
    Last edited by jeffm; Apr 03 2007 at 02:08 PM.
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=goldenrod]Aphadrim uin Calad (Followers of Light) Kinship on Elendilmir[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [size=1][URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=249684]AuC Official LOTRO Forum Thread[/URL]
    [COLOR=#0ac92b]Gloriel Ingalad's Elven RP Poems & Stories [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/gloriel/journal/]Here[/url][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#e33638]Tester from SoA Alpha Phase 3 through Update 6 & Founder[/COLOR] ... [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?173114-Along-the-Paths-of-Middle-earth][color=#8deeee]Link to over [b]700[/b] of my quality screenshots[/color][/url][/SIZE]

Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Perhaps we can get this thread set up as a sticky to prevent it from falling down the line?
    in-game: Barahirr Arthad, guardian of Elendilmir and Lord of the Lost Dol Amrothians

3. Mar 29 2007, 12:03 PM

Reason
    I received too many PM's about my inquiry and have found a kinship through the process. I'm deleting the post so as to not re

4. Mar 29 2007, 02:31 PM

Reason
    found a kinship. many replies

How do you play

Quote Originally Posted by Barahir View Post
    Perhaps we can get this thread set up as a sticky to prevent it from falling down the line?
    how do you play this game

Good morning/afternoon/evening all!

Your name, or character name and race: Chudzilla, level 26 Captain

Preferred server: Crickhollow

Location. (Timezone preference: I'm in the UK, so GMT or BST or whatever we're using at the minute...but could be on any time of day or night! Because of my job I might not be on for weeks at a time but then on every day for a month, strange I know.

Playstyle: Loving the Epic questline, so currently just soloing but as more fellowship quests and skirmishes come up I'm finding the need for other players to team up with. I kind of have a habit of trying to complete every quest in an area (regardless of tedium factor) before moving on... OCD much? Might as well get the most out of a game! Up for anything really, except PvP and PvMP (unless they take my fancy at a later date).

MMO games you’ve played: First and only so far!

Why kinships should be interested in you: Well despite the fact I'm mainly soloing at the minute I see the potential my character has to play a support role so I'm looking to offer this out and develop it alongside others.
    I'm a sociable and outgoing person who can get on with anyone. Never any grief with me!

What kind of kinship you are looking for: I'm not a hardcore gamer so that sort of kinship wouldn't appeal to me much. Just keeping it casual, yet with still enough peeps to play with and chat with most of the time. I'd rather a kinship with more mature players as well because of my age.

Looking forward to hearing from ya! (Hopefully, ha)

CHD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000015f5c8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Server: Riddermark

Character: Kondo - Lv39 Hobbit Burglar - Explorer

Location: Vietnam. I know English good enough to communicate with people.

Playtime: As my time zone is +7 GMT, I often log in when it is morning at where server locates.

Other MMOs: I used to play Lineage 2 for about 3 years, then jumped from game to game until I stop at LOTRO 2 years ago. Now I play Grand Chase together with LOTRO

Playstyle:
    I'm what you called a casual grinder, as long as the grind is good enough to motivate me. I like to grind gears (as long as it doesn't not rely on luck), enjoy the lore, collect outfist and talk to people with sense of humour. However, my playstyle is being threatened as the grind becomes something tiresome and my old Vietnamese kin is inactive. Now I'm pretty much alone all time in the game

Why do I want to join a kinship?
    Because I want to have people to talk to and have fun with. I need to remind myself that I'm playing a MMORPG, not a solo game with some multiplayer.

What do I expect from a kinship?
    I want to join a light raiding kinship who often do group content together. However, I don't mind about a casual kin where I can chit chat and leisurely enjoy my time in game. I know that I'm a nighter in the server time, so it would be nice if I can join a nighter kin too.

===

My love for LOTRO is currently dying. I really need a good kinship environment in Riddermark to be my Beacon of Hope

Kinship, Maybe?

Character: Kynthia Lvl 45 Guardian Elf

Server: Brandywine

Playstyle: Solo preferably, unless fellowship is required or if people just need someone to tag along.

MMO Game History: Conan Unchained, Arcane Saga, Tera, League of Legends, Fiesta, Perfect World, ECT.. But trust me nothing compares to Lotro.

Why kinships should be interested in you? What do you offer kinships?: Well to be honest I am not gonna sit here and bull&&&& you or tell you that I'm some sort of "hot &&&&". Cause I'm really not all that different from any other average gamer. A few good traits though; I am friendly and I can be helpful to those in need. Almost 9 times out of 10 I would be willing to trade or give stuff I do not need away that someone else may find useful. I am an active player so I most likely will be on sometime of the day unless work prevents that. I maybe one of the few people online these days that enjoys the simple conversation of others. Also, I find that I can get along with pretty much anyone.

What kind of kinship you are looking for?: Personally I want an active kinship who is kind and friendly. One that doesn't mind just conversing, or isn't always worried about skirmishes and raids. A kinship that allows people to trade freely, help others, make friends and doesn't require you to join every fellowship asked of you. A mature kinship with a diverse range of player levels and classes. A group that has a sense of humor. Over all any group that would appreciate having someone new join their kin.

Also note: I have been invited to quite a few kinships but for some reason most of the ones people refer to me, die within a week if not the same day. So I really would like a kinship that as been active for quite sometime and people really enjoy being a part of, I don't care about the member count.
    I hope I don't sound to picky. :3

hi im 23 ive had experience playing many diffrent mmo's ive recentley been playing vanguard in the past ive played wow swg daoc i like to pvp pve and just have fun with a good group im looking for a guild that uses a voice chat system weather it be vent or ts looking foward to hear from a guild thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danielpelkey View Post
    hi im 23 ive had experience playing many diffrent mmo's ive recentley been playing vanguard in the past ive played wow swg daoc i like to pvp pve and just have fun with a good group im looking for a guild that uses a voice chat system weather it be vent or ts looking foward to hear from a guild thanks
    Lords of the Light is our knew kinship that we had made in the windfola server Callquinta is the leader and I'am second in command if you wish to try us please just ask

Smile looking for new kniship

Im a lvl 23 guard im on the silverlord server.. im looking for a kin witch is helps and gives advice to new players.. im on a full account and have lots of MMo time into many games.. im willing to help as needed and learn as much as i can from those who know.. Also looking for a mature kin low drama and such.. if interested my email is aaronserena@att.net and my in game name is SIVIN on the silverlord server. thank you for ur time reading this..
    o and im a drawf currently doing quest in the north lands and am fairly far in the epic line..
    Im a 29 year old married man played WoW 4 5 months FF11 4 5 years warhmmer 6 months..
    Last edited by stonedsobr; Sep 10 2009 at 07:55 AM.

Ello!

Name: Jeff

I'm a returning player looking for a kinship. Being a returning player, I remember how to play, and the interface.. but I forget a lot of the instances and such. But once I come across them, it shouldn't be to much of a problem.
    As of now, i'm only a level 9 guardian named "Gloimr" on the Firefoot server. But I tend to level quickly.. but i'm not an elitist by any means. I would really like to find an RP kinship, to me, it makes playing in Tolkiens realm so much more fun. Because of this, i'm willing to start fresh, again, on a different server if needed.

Looking forward to seeing you in Middle Earth!

Infamy is recruiting, we are a rank 10 kinship with a kinship house. we are accepting new players as well as experienced players to the kinship. we are also looking for high level players interested in being part of a raid group that will be doing weekly raids. pst for info
    we play on brandywine and my character is gelderock

Thumbs up looking for kinship

I like your style, I too am looking for this kind of kinship. I have several characters on many different levels of play and are in different places in the game. If you find what you are looking for, please let me know. fretz, 105 main character, landroval world.

Name: Feliborn level 101 Guardian Elf

Preferred server: Arkenstone

Playstyle: Just getting to end game so daily’s & raids. Nothing professional just playing casually.

MMO games I’ve played: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2,

Why kinships should be interested in you: Love the community of being in a kinship. More than willing to help people out. Will show up to raids on time. Play about 2-3 times a week. Love my guardian but have a handful of level 40-70 alts. Who’s ready for a tank and spank :P?

What kind of kinship you are looking for: Casual and friendly. Would prefer a larger kin.

Ps used to play before college. So coming back after a 4-5 year

Excellent thread idea!

Name or character name: Unknown at this time (can't make one until tomorrow )

Playstyle: Solo for when I can't find groups, but prefer to be in groups of similar level people. Eventually when I reach endgame, it would be nice to have enough people to do all the end game content with.

MMO games you’ve played: FFXI, WOW, SWG (Not currently playing them all, just have before)

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm an adult and I act like one. I don't swear every other word and I don't argue over pointless stuff for the sake of arguing. I'm open minded and will always be willing to take advice from others and follow directions in groups. I have experience in the MMO world, so I'll already know the bassics like aggro, pulling, main tank, off tank, etc.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): I'm looking for a kinship with mature people. To me, mature dosen't mean a certain age, it means people who don't act like children. What I don't want to see is people or kinships with names like "1c4Mp4lLd4y" or "$$havens$$" or anything else that uses numbers/symbols in place of words/letters or alternating upper and lower case letters. Casual is better to me than hardcore also. I don't want to feel forced into leveling instead of enjoying the game. A functional website is a must. A kinship that will help it's members is a must.

Well, hope that covers it
    You and the Capn make it happen :)

Hello,

I’m interested in joining a Kinship that is:
    o Organized, yet laid back. A casual atmosphere is nice and I have no interest in being part of a Hardcore Gaming Kinship for the simple reason of….I have a life. I have a job, a life, and a wife. I play for fun because it’s what I enjoy. This does not mean that a laid back Kinship can not be organized and helpful. You’ll find that if you actually PLAN events at least a week in advance, many more people can make your event. If someone misses an event, be willing to go back and help that person out. This all, of course, leads me to…
    o Team orientated, but value individual play. I surely don’t need or want the pressures of, “Dude…where were you….we needed to raid X site for X period of time”. F that…no thanks…go away. I’ll be there when I can and I will help when I can. Understand that I will not help every time I login as I may not have a certain quest, level, etc. to actually help or, just simply, I do not want to help. At the same time, understand that if I can help…I will.
    o Mature, but can still be free to tell a few naughty jokes. Don’t be offended by adult content & themes, but knows when too much is too much. Have a sense of humor and enjoy the game. I emphasize this…because it is a game not a life. Enjoy it!
    o Drama free is a must. This includes begging, players with the inability to be self-sufficient, getting offended because I make a joke about an actual woman that plays that I’ve know far longer or better then you…and you get offended and try to “defend her honor” when she and I both know we’re joking. Yeah…how sweet…go away.
    o Role-playing? I don’t mind a little ingame roleplay, but I’m not entirely sure I want a Kinship that is devoted to pure role-playing. I do, however, enjoy a little bit of RP in such simple things as Names. A kinship with a good name and good “background” is always intresting to me. Getting involved in the story of a Kinship, world, and people is always fun (^_^) (you know my character is gonna have a background (/^_^)/ )
    o Don’t be time zone specific. As I’ve said before, I play FFXI regularly and one of my favorite things is being in a Linkshell (guild) with people from Japan, Europe, Australia, and America. It truly is a fascinating and fun experience when you have some many different cultures sharing a common joy (^_^)
    o PvP. To be honest…I’ve never been big on PvP in MMO’s for the simple reason that 90% of the time…it’s not a match of skills, but a match of “Who’s got the best equipment”. If you PvP, don’t expect much interaction from me. If I can avoid it all together, so much the better.

You’ll notice that all of my comments ride a very thin line. It’s been my experience that some of the best Guilds are the ones who know how to ride that line juuuuust right.

As for me?
    30+ years old. Have a job that requires a lot of OT at times, so I will not be present for all events. I’m mostly a weekend warrior. If I play during the weekdays, I’ll only be on for about an hour… maybe 2, tops. I’m very laid back and I do like to have fun (hence all my funky smiley faces above). I have no problems with helping out on Missions, Quests, etc and I find that I do enjoy helping when I can. I can say that I will be a Hume Guardian as, going through beta, it was something that I did enjoy. I will also be an Armorsmith as I did find that Crafting chain to actually hold my interest as well. As far as MMO’s are concerned, I’m playing FFXI and have played SWG, Ragnarok, and a bit of WoW (didn’t like it that much at all). I enjoy the world of LotR and am an explorer at heart. I listen in events that leaders need to talk for and will lead in events that leaders are needed. All in all, I enjoy this world and this game and I would hope that I can find a kinship that feels the same.

Quick Update: I'm currently located on the Meneldor Server
    Update: Kinship found. Thank you everyone
    Last edited by Moondragon; Apr 06 2007 at 11:26 AM.

Name or character name: Unknown at this time (can't make one until tomorrow )

Playstyle: Solo for the most part, I have a lot of time on my hands presently, so I can hook up most anytime for groups though.

MMO games you’ve played: First one really, I played some UO, using a friends character years ago, and enjoyed it.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: Maturity, RPG experience, Lore knowledge, analytical thinker, above average intellect, and yet, I still like to have fun and laugh here and there! Did I mention I can be online just about anytime?

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): Well, being my first MMO, I am sure that this will vary from time to time. Probably would be best to be a part of a group close to my age to start. One with tabletop RPG experience would be nice, but not necessary. I would like to be a part of a group that would be respected by others and looked up to. A group that is not selfish or cold in regards to themselves and to other non Kinship players.

I plan to act as if I were really there in ME...i.e. Role Play once I get my feet wet. I hope to acquire voice when I and others feel I am ready for such a step. .

Now, I will admit that I am very strongly into Lore. I see much deviation, but can accept it and have even rationalized much of it. But I am not much for Hobbits acting as tank or Lore Masters that are more into casting Power spells rather than amplifying the rest of the group etc.

I wanted to make this shorter, but got carried away...sorry.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Kinda feels like going through Rush in the college fraternity days!

19. Sep 27 2010, 05:00 PM

Deschain, 15 Elven Hunter Brandywine

Name or character name: Deschain

Server: Brandywine

Playstyle: (KAE) I'm a hardcore casual if there is a such thing i.e. I play a lot when I want.

MMO games you’ve played: Asheron's Call 4+ years, DAoC 6 months, SWG 6 months, WoW 2+ years.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I take pride in every class I play. I can't stand being midocre. If im PvPing I want to be the best, if im in a raid I want to be the best at whatever it is im doing. I will play on a regular basis any where from 5 pm est to 12 pm est on weekdays and any time on the weekends. I am big into crafting as long as the crafting system is worthwhile. I'm willing to help those around me.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. I want a group of people that are ruthless in every way. When they are pvping i want them to be aggressive and full of rage destorying everyone and everything in their path. When they are on a raid on want it ran efficiently not kill a mob and take a 5 min break and dying isn't an awe man we can do better thing but expect success because everyone is working thier hardest to win. When they are questing, soloing, grinding, crafting do it like the others attempt to be the best and you will see that you really are better than most others around you. Also I want a kinship that wants to be the best.
    [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=red][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Deschain: Elven Hunter from the House of Elrond (Brandywine)[/FONT][/B] [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Cool Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Name or character name: Silverlode - Slamfist, Champion Dwarf Level 14 as of May 16

Location and Time: Vancouver BC, Canada, PST timezone. Usually evening and weekend, occassionaly very early morning.

Playstyle: Up to now, typically solo, with occassional casual fellowship (sheesh - this is beginning to sound like a bad lavalife ad!). But looking for a group of like minded persons for quest completion, crafting assistance, general hanging out. Ready to drop a craft to avert a war or whatever comes up - generally happy to help. I like to stop and look around. I smell the roses. I read the quests (every word). Don't mind pushing up character levels but not first priority.

MMO games you’ve played: COH/COV, but none currently.

Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm a mature professional (engineer), youth group leader, love to have fun, love to play this game, but will always maintain balance with real life. No elite speak here. Am willing to try new things - like voice chat, but may stumble over some things I've never tried before. Will sometimes be slow to respond to chat, cause I haven't figured out how to quick reply without typing the players name. I will act fairly and civily, expect and give respect to all I team with. Don't have any age restrictions, provided all team members are respectful. I don't swear and don't care to hear it. I like to hear constructive advice on how to be a better player.

What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters):

Looking for a Mature, fun, group. Perhaps a west coast group (because of time zone), perhaps an all Canadian group, perhaps a Christian group, or a combination or none of the above. Basically looking for folk who enjoy the game for the sake of playing. Who are playing LOTRO instead of WoW or some other MMO cause they love the Tolkien world and not because they want to powerlevel to 50 and look down on us Level 14 slobs. Willing to help new players as I'm pretty new myself. Want a group that understands this is a game and an escape from RL, but who understand that, when the kid scrapes his knee, or the wife puts dinner on the table that I'm going to say "bye" and log off and sometimes might not even have time to say "sorry, bye". Will always endeavour not to leave fellow kin members in the lurch - but sometimes life happens. Would love to make friends through this game.

It's the journey, not the endgame.

Hope to get some pm's from suitable kinships.

Oh yeah, although my current main is Silverlode, I'm open to starting anew on another server.
    Last edited by Elessar2007; May 16 2007 at 03:55 PM.

Red face Re: Looking for a Kinship? Post here.

Name or character name: Not sure yet - will know tommorrow for sure.

Playstyle: I like playing solo, but also enjoy group questing - depends on how I feel.

MMO games you’ve played: SWG, CoH/CoV, MxO, VG.

What do you offer kinships?: I work graveyards, and get home around noon, spend roughly 3-4 hours everyday, and on my weekends, good luck getting the keyboard outta my hands. Like playing support toons more than anything, and definitely crafters.

I had two PMs, before the old forum wipe, from an Aaron and one from a Mel... both were in the same guild (guild name started with an A) before I could reply to either of you, they had pulled the plug... would like to further discussions if you're still here.

What kind of kinship you are looking for.: Relaxed atmosphere, this is my fun time and when it gets to seem more like a 'job' than my real job it's time to quit.

yup, I am looking for some online friends to join up with. =)

Name or character name: not sure yet
    Playstyle: I really like to solo and take my time exploring (seems like a contradiction that I want a kinship, but read on...)
    MMO games you’ve played: EQ, EQ2
    Why kinships should be interested in you. In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: ummm, I am friendly, and my toon will be cute
    What kind of kinship you are looking for. (This one is very important for recruiters): I am looking for a casual kinship, I am RL female married with kids, so people in the same boat as me would be great, maybe kinships more couple oriented, in case I talk my hubby in to playing. I mainly want a kinship for the social aspect, with occasional grouping

Hi all. I've been trying to get in contact with the Riders of the Riddermark (to join up , but I haven't heard anything back after sending my application. I also can't post anything on their official web site, even though I've signed up.
    If anyone from that Kinship sees this, let me know!

cheers

Lfg

Name or character name:unknown
    Playstyle: PvE, RAIDs, casual & hardcore (depending on RL time constraints), light role playing
    MMO games you’ve played: DAoC (since day 1), WoW (beta and then lightly), Shadowbane (disappointment there).
    Why kinships should be interested in you?: I like to group, and don't confuse in-game money or items for having real value. The game is pretend: the players are real people.
    What kind of kinship you are looking for: I like to play the game for itself, I am willing to play to help someone, just to play to help someone. I have a strong sense of humor. I like to stick to one char on one server.
    I'm open to what server I will play on.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast