We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Kindred of the Inner Flame - Now Recruiting

Are you looking for a friendly kinship with no drama and no requirements? Kindred of the Inner Flame might be exactly what you are looking for. Our motto is that we are "The friendliest kinship around where everyone is welcome - all classes, all levels, all races, and all playing styles!"

Our founding members decided that one of the reasons we wanted to start a new kinship was to help newer players who are still learning about the game and to welcome other like-minded players who also like to help - and that probably includes just about anyone!

All playing styles are also welcome, whether you are hardcore or casual as long as you respect everyone else's style of playing as well. Some of us are hardcore crafters and might not level for weeks while we become Supreme Master crafters and others might raid for days and level a character from 0 to 65 in two months. And don't forget those of us who run around doing crazy things during festival times or spend hours at a time with a fishing pole! We welcome everyone!

If you think this kinship might be a good fit for you, feel free to leave your game name here and we'll try to find you in game or you can try to find us! You can send a mail or tell to myself or one of my officers for a kinship invitation.

Our only requirement is friendliness.

Amethrayne (Leader) - Florida, US
    Ranathir (Co-Founder/Successor) - Australia
    Rileey (Officer) - Texas, US
    Seolan (Officer)
    Amethryel (Officer)* - Florida, US
    Hexxon (Officer) - North Carolina, US
    Riliph (Officer)* - Texas, US
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Rotlik (Officer) - North Carolina, US
    Terieleth (Officer) - Massachusetts, US
    Doff (Officer) - New Jersey, US
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Updated Officer List

Re: Kindred of the Inner Flame - Now Recruiting

Hi! I sent you a Private Message a couple of days ago, not sure if your box is full or if you didnt get it? Please send me a PM if you're still recruiting, your kinship sounds like what my husband and I are looking for.

Thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Telenia View Post
    Hi! I sent you a Private Message a couple of days ago, not sure if your box is full or if you didnt get it? Please send me a PM if you're still recruiting, your kinship sounds like what my husband and I are looking for.

Thanks =)
    My apologies! I don't get very many PMs on the forums here and I didn't notice my notifications. I've replied to your message now, and I'll add your characters to my friends list in-game.

Kindred of the Inner Flame - Recruiting Update

Kindred of the Inner Flame was founded on April 1, 2010. So if you would like to get in on the building phase of a kinship, this is a good time to join! We are now a Rank 5 kinship. We have an awesome group of core members now with a current total of 30 members (including alternates) with levels ranging from 7 to 55.

We are still welcoming all classes, all levels, all races, and all playing styles! Alternates are also welcome! You can join our kinship with one, some, or all of your characters. Our only rule is just be friendly and helpful!
    Last edited by Amethrayne; May 06 2010 at 12:14 AM.

Hi, I am interested in checking out the guild. I will be on tonight and tomorrow night! Thank you

Char. is Brewkick

Hi.I just started 3 days ago.I just upgraded to a full account and was looking on the forums for a friendly guild to join.I belive your guild would be a good place to start my lotro experience.First toon on gladden will prob be zaneros so just send me a mail or contact me on the forums ill check back so just let me know if I can join.Hope I can your guild sounds just what I was looking for.

Hi,

I'm new to MMOs and have only been playing for a couple weeks (so much fun!). Currently my main character (Rileey) is a hobbit hunter lvl19. I'm looking for a kinship to enhance game experience and speed up the process of learning gameplay. I generally am on 9-12am (central) most nights. Right now I'm mostly trying to level (but I'm also interested in woodworking).

Cheers,

RR

Quote Originally Posted by Zaneros View Post
    Hi.I just started 3 days ago.I just upgraded to a full account and was looking on the forums for a friendly guild to join.I belive your guild would be a good place to start my lotro experience.First toon on gladden will prob be zaneros so just send me a mail or contact me on the forums ill check back so just let me know if I can join.Hope I can your guild sounds just what I was looking for.
    I had surgery on May 10th so didn't see this until now, but you would be more than welcome to join our growing kinship! I will look for Zaneros online and will let my other officers know to look out for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rileey View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to MMOs and have only been playing for a couple weeks (so much fun!). Currently my main character (Rileey) is a hobbit hunter lvl19. I'm looking for a kinship to enhance game experience and speed up the process of learning gameplay. I generally am on 9-12am (central) most nights. Right now I'm mostly trying to level (but I'm also interested in woodworking).

Cheers,

RR
    Welcome to the game and to Gladden! We have a number of hardcore crafters in our kinship who have a few crafting alts and a few people who don't craft at all too. I have one woodworking alt myself though she hasn't gotten too far in the crafting guild yet. The times you are on would probably match most of our group, though we have a bit of everything as far as time zones go. I'll keep an eye out for you!
    Last edited by Amethrayne; May 21 2010 at 08:30 PM.

Smile Re: Kindred of the Inner Flame - Now Recruiting

Today the kinship reaches Rank 6 and gets kinship auctions!!! Just one more month and we will have a kinship house. That should put our kinship house date right around July 1st.

We have an AMAZING group of members right now but are still welcoming more if there are people out there who are still looking for a friendly, casual kinship home on the Gladden server. I have never been so thrilled to be part of a group of people in a game before in my life. The people in this kinship are very kind and helpful.

We also now have a website: InnerFlame.GuildLaunch.com

Our members all level at different rates, so we accept members of all levels and all time zones. We have at least three members from Australia as well as at least two different time zones that I know of in the US. In addition, at least two of our members tend to be up all night long US time. So time zones really tend to be fairly irrelevant when it comes to our kinship.

If you are interested in giving us a try, feel free to PM me here, contact me through Guild Launch or mail me or one of my officers through the game.

Seolan (Officer)
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Kindred of the Inner Flame is now a Rank 7 kinship with a kinship house in the Shire, and we are looking to recruit another wave of members. We currently have 46 characters from all time zones (including US, Australia, and New Zealand that I know of) with levels ranging from 7 to 63.

Our goal is to try to help everyone have fun in the game - whatever fun means for that individual. We don't try to tell anyone what they should be doing to have fun but we may invite you to join us while WE have fun and you just may enjoy yourself.

Right now some of us are having a great time with Summer Festival activities but not everyone in the Kindred of the Inner Flame participates in festivals. We encourage everyone to play the game in whatever way brings them the most enjoyment but we all have friends to share that enjoyment with!

Feel free to PM me here, reply to this post, or contact me or one of my officers (listed in previous posts) in-game about getting a kinship invitation or with any questions you may have about the kinship.

Cool count me in!!!!

hey there, i just started a week ago and im loving lotro. i wanna do some fellowships and get to know the ins and outs of doing things besides quest.
    my character is a she-elf lvl 23
    name: Arzya
    im on just about every night.
    hopefully i get to be part of this awesome kinship....funs times in lotro....wooohoooo

Re: count me in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rarefenix View Post
    hey there, i just started a week ago and im loving lotro. i wanna do some fellowships and get to know the ins and outs of doing things besides quest.
    my character is a she-elf lvl 23
    name: Arzya
    im on just about every night.
    hopefully i get to be part of this awesome kinship....funs times in lotro....wooohoooo
    We have several characters in the low 20's right now including a new member who has been on a lot recently. We also have several higher level characters who are on almost every night always willing to help out. I'll keep an eye out for you in game and send you an invite. I hope to see you online tonight!

Kindred of the Inner Flame is recruiting a new round of players now. Our previous recruits have settled in and we are ready to help a new bunch get acquainted with us and with the game!

We are recruiting all levels. Here is a breakdown of our most needed classes:

Guardians: High
    Champions: High
    Burglars: High
    Captains: High
    Wardens: Medium
    Minstrels: Medium
    Lore-masters: Medium
    Rune-keepers: Low
    Hunters: Low

We welcome all classes, all levels and all playing styles! We play to have fun. We love to explore, quest, help each other out and even stop to smell the roses and do things like chase hobbits around picnic tables slapping them with fish if they don't run fast enough after stuffing their faces during the Summer Festival! We are a friendly, generous, and patient group willing to help as needed and we would love for you to come have fun with us.

We are a no drama kinship with no pressure on people to level at any certain rate. Some people like to level fast and others like to take their time and complete everything as they go or take time out for festivals and other side activities. This is a no pressure kinship for all levels!!! Have fun playing in a way that is fun for you and find others to share your interests.

We also have players from all time zones including US, Australia and NZ.

For an invitation or if you have any questions about the kinship, feel free to PM me here or contact myself or any of my officers in-game.

Seolan (Officer)
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:38 PM.

We have recently promoted some new members to Officer, so I have updated previous posts to include our current list of officers that you can contact in-game for a kinship invitation.

Many of our members have also reached Kindred in their respective crafting guilds. CONGRATULATIONS!!! They are now able to help our members with some of the most awesome equipment in the game as well as helping new members understand the ins and outs of crafting guilds and how to select the best profession and guild for your character if you aren't sure yet.

We are growing as a kinship and as a LOTRO family, and we would still like to add more members to our group. We have a lovely kinship house and enjoy questing together, though we also have members who enjoy solo play as well. We do not require our members to participate in any activities they don't want to, but we try to offer opportunities to play all of the LOTRO game content by forming groups when available.

We are not a raiding kinship, though we do have some members who raid. We are not a PvMP kinship, though we do have some members who PvMP (though not many). We are not a Role-Play kinship, but we welcome Role-Play in our midst. We are not a pure crafting kinship, but most of our members craft and have even joined crafting guilds and are working to reach kindred in their respective crafting guilds and Supreme Master in their primary crafts.

Alternate characters are welcome in the kinship, but it is okay if you have some characters in Kindred of the Inner Flame and some characters in another kinship. However, we are convinced that it won't be long before you will want all of your characters to join our awesome family!

We are casual, helpful, and fun! We respect each member and their own personal playing style.

If this sounds like what you are looking for, feel free to send me a PM here or contact me or any of our officers in-game for a kinship invitation. We currently have more active Rune-keepers and Hunters than any of the other classes, but all classes and levels are still welcome!

Seolan (Officer)
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:40 PM.

With free-to-play being available to Beta participants and previous subscribers who have let their subscriptions lapse coming soon (September 8th), I have heard some concern in various places about kinships and raiding groups that might not allow free-to-play or premium players join because of limitations placed on the characters.

I would like to state that all players will still be welcome in Kindred of the Inner Flame, including Free-to-Play and Premium players as well as VIP players. We will not discriminate against characters who may not have full trait sets because of account limitations. All we ask is for our members to maintain friendly, helpful attitudes firstly with your kinmates and also with others you encounter in Middle Earth. All playing styles, classes, and levels are always welcome!!!

Feel free to mail me here or contact any of our officers in-game for an invitation!

Seolan (Officer)
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Talking Re: Kindred of the Inner Flame - Now Recruiting

Hey! I'm Tarnanduil, and I'd like to join your Kinship if possible. My main character, Tarnanduil, is an Elf Level 27 Minstrel, while I'm in the process of training an alternate Rune-Keeper character, Taronduil. Anyway, hope to see y'all in-game soon!

Hello My name is Kelvhan. I am a casual player of Lotro for a long time. I would love some People to talk to while I level all my characters. I have all 8 Character slots currently trying to level. I am a very experianced MMO player that would love to join.

Kelvhan-60 champ
    Morinethar- 38 LM
    Glori- 27 Guardian
    Sorda-22 Warden
    Taselhoff- 28 Burg
    Kethvon- 22 RK
    Cathelon- 8 Captain

Can contact me at anytime im online
    Kelvhan Deathshade, Lord of Streams
    Champion lvl 50
    Ceaseless

First of all let me say what an AWESOME guild name you guys have. My name is Nyssa and I am just coming back to LOTRO after being away for over 2 yrs and right I feel VERY lost I am playing a level 47 Mini and LOVE to heal and would love a guild invite if you'll have me.

Quote Originally Posted by MalornGreenleaf View Post
    Hey! I'm Tarnanduil, and I'd like to join your Kinship if possible. My main character, Tarnanduil, is an Elf Level 27 Minstrel, while I'm in the process of training an alternate Rune-Keeper character, Taronduil. Anyway, hope to see y'all in-game soon!
    Welcome to the kinship! We are glad to have you aboard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kementiri View Post
    First of all let me say what an AWESOME guild name you guys have. My name is Nyssa and I am just coming back to LOTRO after being away for over 2 yrs and right I feel VERY lost I am playing a level 47 Mini and LOVE to heal and would love a guild invite if you'll have me.
    Welcome to Kindred of the Inner Flame! I was excited to see your post here and realize you had found us online before I even saw your post. I love healing as well! We welcome any questions you might have (after all, there have been many many changes to the game recently) and hope you enjoy our little family.

We have now reached 50 players including alternates. We have recently accepted new members from both USA and Australia so if you are in either of those time zones you may want to come join us!!! We have active players in pretty much all level ranges but are looking to fill out our ranks a bit more.
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Nov 04 2010 at 02:53 AM.

Heh, Welcome back Sorda.
    [B][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Gladden[/SIZE]
    <Cmdr. Dolcarak><Lt. Cojiro>
    ~Leader of SotWH~[/COLOR][COLOR=blk]
    [/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

[/B]

Cool Kindred of the Inner Flame - Still Welcoming New Members

Thanks to some new members as well as some new alts for some of our existing members, our roster now has 68 players! Most of the time when I login there are at least 4-6 of us online at any given time to help each other with our various explorations of Middle Earth.

Currently, we seem to be having a lot of fun running the classic instances at all levels in addition to grinding out some of those deeds for Turbine Points and needed traits. We also have a few players who have been playing in the Moors recently if you want to join in for some PvMP action. Everything is more fun with friends!

We are also now a Rank 8 kinship, and we have frequent low-price kinship auctions as well as sharing various consumables through our kinship house chests. Some of our members have even opened their personal houses to share various non-consumable items (like cosmetics and the fortunes from the last Spring Festival) with other kinship members.

All classes, races, levels and playing styles are always more than welcome to join us! We are a casual group of players who enjoy helping each other. We don't have any specific age requirements, but we do ask that our members behave in a friendly manner towards others. Free-to-play players are also welcome to join us. Friendliness and a helpful attitude are the only requirements!!!

If you are interested in joining, feel free to send me a PM here or contact any of our officers in-game. We have members from all over the globe including a good-sized contingent from Australia and New Zealand as well as many USA players (some of whom play late enough to meet up with our players across the globe).

Seolan (Officer)
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Lightbulb Lots of Excitement Now at KIF!!!

Exciting things are happening at KIF! Our roster now has more than 90 characters! And we also now have a Ventrilo server for hanging out and chatting with each other whether in fellowships/raids or not. It's much clearer and less problematic than in-game voice chat.

We are also working on coming up with an award scheme for our members to give out awards for various activities including things such as just being a member! Our forums have been popping with activity and our members have been taking the initiative to schedule events and get help for the quests/raids/traits they want to run. You can check out our website at: http://InnerFlame.GuildLaunch.com

We are still a casual kinship and how much or how little our members choose to participate is up to them, but the ones who take advantage of everything we have to offer have the most fun! All classes and levels are welcome! And we love to help those who are still learning the game. So if you are new or returning after a long break and trying to remember how to play your character, you are more than welcome to join us. Experienced players are also welcome. We try to offer something for everyone.

We have active players in all level ranges and some like to level quickly while others prefer to take their time and craft or participate in festivals as they go. We like to do it all! We also have some players who are free-to-play and Premium, so if you fit into that category you won't be alone in this group.

This weekend we are running a level 20+ event Friday night, a level 39+ event Saturday night, and a level 60+ event Sunday afternoon. And we are running a different 60+ instance every week. There is always something to do!

We also merged with the active members of the Freelancers kinship this week so got a new influx of active members of all levels looking to run instances, grind reputation for new steeds, and generally help out other members in whatever way they can. We had a huge crafting spree after our new members joined too with old and new members crafting for each other. It was great fun!

If you think Kindred of the Inner Flame might be the kinship for you, feel free to send me a PM or contact one of our officers in-game for an invite.

Seolan (Officer)
    Estelethor (Officer)
    Last edited by Amethrayne; Dec 12 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Name: Kanduri
    L30 Dwarf Hunter on Gladden

24 yo

Looking for casual Kinship, seeing as I can only play on weekends and a bit during the week. Sometimes I cant even get on for a week or two at a time. Just a warning. Though I plan on getting back into this game pretty seriously.

Interested in crafting (Woodworking and Forestry) and all quests. Open to light RP, but nothing so serious that I can't just ask "Do I need to have Acquaintance status to use the Sup. Workbench in Thorins Hall?"

I do, occaionally, after a tough battle, light up some pipeweed around a campfire.

Love to Skirm. No experience in raiding or PvP (but definitely open to it).

Besides that, I am pretty chatty and will chime in on Advice and help randoms if I can (once walked a kid from Bree to MDelving just because I was bored). I enjoy the chatter and atmosphere, and play the game not just for loot or XP but also just to wander around for a couple hours.

That being said, I am all about upping my DPS (i try to balance bow and melee) and gaining rep with Esteldin.

I am on XBL as C4PT41N F4LC0N (0 = zero) and PSN as the_good_captain.

I am also a pretty huge Tolkien fan. So yeah, there's that.
    Last edited by C4PT41N_F4LC0N; Jan 13 2011 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C4PT41N_F4LC0N View Post
    Name: Kanduri
    L30 Dwarf Hunter on Gladden

24 yo

Looking for casual Kinship, seeing as I can only play on weekends and a bit during the week. Sometimes I cant even get on for a week or two at a time. Just a warning. Though I plan on getting back into this game pretty seriously.

Interested in crafting (Woodworking and Forestry) and all quests. Open to light RP, but nothing so serious that I can't just ask "Do I need to have Acquaintance status to use the Sup. Workbench in Thorins Hall?"

I do, occaionally, after a tough battle, light up some pipeweed around a campfire.

Love to Skirm. No experience in raiding or PvP (but definitely open to it).

Besides that, I am pretty chatty and will chime in on Advice and help randoms if I can (once walked a kid from Bree to MDelving just because I was bored). I enjoy the chatter and atmosphere, and play the game not just for loot or XP but also just to wander around for a couple hours.

That being said, I am all about upping my DPS (i try to balance bow and melee) and gaining rep with Esteldin.

I am on XBL as C4PT41N F4LC0N (0 = zero) and PSN as the_good_captain.

I am also a pretty huge Tolkien fan. So yeah, there's that.
    You would be more than welcome in KIF. I have also let my officers know that you are interested so whichever of us sees you online first will send you an invite.

We are pretty casual and after our short probationary period while players remain at recruit status, they maintain their kinsman/kinswoman status as long as they login before they hit 180 days of absence. So even missing a week or two would not be a problem for us. We have a pretty good-sized active group now (now Rank 9 with over 120 members), so a few people taking time off from time to time doesn't make or break the kinship. I, myself, sometimes have to take time off due to health reasons. My officers do a great job of taking care of things when I'm out.

As for RP, we aren't majorly into RP. We might have some fun with it from time to time but you will find the majority of our conversation on kin chat is not RP.

We do have kinship (scheduled & spur of the moment) skirms, raids, and PvP but do not require any of our members participate if they do not want to but members are always invited. We always invite our members before inviting people outside the kinship. Our #1 rule is friendliness and that is only so everyone can follow rule #2 - having fun!

When we do group stuff, we are big into teaching our less-experienced members (regardless of level) how to better play their class for a particular group role as many players are just not used to playing in group content. If we die, we laugh, see what we can learn from the experience, and try again. No stress. If players can't afford their repair bills, those who can help out do.

We also have a "Kinnie Hunt" event coming up soon which is a fun non-combat event we are hosting for our kinship members with gold prizes. Date & exact details haven't yet been released but we expect it to be great fun!

Anyhow, I look forward to meeting up with you in the kinship!

Wow. Honestly, this sounds perfect for me. I will be on a bit late afternoon/tonight and tomorrow (east coast time, which looks like most of you are on).

I really look forward to playing with you all. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast