We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Re: My question to all the transfers past and present

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post
    Getting "Zerged" is getting overrun? Out numbered? Rushed over by the enemy with numbers?
    Yes. Exactly.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    I can only speak for Champions. But from where I sit, there is not a single creep that has a better than 50/50 chance against me solo (IF I HAVE MY COOLDOWNS). In fact, there are likely VERY few, less than 5 that even get near that 50/50, all of them Wargs or Reavers.
    You're my favorite Champion to kill on my weaver.
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff8c00]Bully: ~To force one's way aggressively or by intimidation~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff8c00]I'm sorry if I intimidate you in an online game in an aggressive fashion.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff8c00]You can't fix stupid.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    ROFL...you totally did. Now that I reread the original post, I bet you were asking for something along the lines of "because the fighting here is better than x server" or because its hard to kill Luc when you play on Vilya.
    I can totally see Luc rolling on another server, and then like a week later the entire Landroval creepside transfering to airstrike him.
    ~Rigz designed my signature.

Yes. Exactly.
    OK, I just wanted to make sure that was exactly what you were saying.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Thieron View Post
    Actually when they transfer, ***** at people in OOC, and corpse jump someone after they kill them 5v1. I am not judging I'm stating what I see. Comparing a video game community to cultural diversity is almost insulting to those that have gone through hell to be here, and to think for an instant the 20's were a great time in American society you should revisit the history books.

Transfering high ranked creeps to the community and not helping advance the other side in any form doesn't have a positinve impact right now. If the numbers flip the other way maybe it will, but from what I have seen the spewers are the only group that stick around when the freeps are flooding the map. That doesnt mean it's the truth, but that is what I have seen.
    Yes but Alz was talking about the Freeps who Transferred, not the Creeps.

also, the 20s were a great time... if you were from America.

But I'm Irish, so no one likes me anyway.
    Last edited by Anarionadama; May 03 2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

People from Elendilmir, how does it feel to be blamed for the problems on a new server? An enlightening experience I hope.

Here's my take on it.

When a, lets say 5 person group, forms up and they head out into the moors.

>>Are they specifically setting themselves up to avoid all risky fights and only rolling smaller groups? I.e. burrowing/stealthing and waiting until solo's come by?

>Then yeah. I have a problem with that. It's no risk fighting.
    All I can say is we're looking for a fight, how it gets initiated doesn't really matter. Sure we set up ambushes, its what spiders do. Its no more no risk fighting than the hunter track and burg patrols that roam around... and I for one love seeing that! You never know what you'll run into where.

>>Are they joining a much larger group to combat en masse a smaller group? ie. mapping in to join a 30 creep mass to make it 35 vs 20 freeps?

>Then yeah. I have a problem with that.
    No not into that, but sometimes you have to go to where the food is and that means setting up shop outside the main area.

>>Are they "netting" out and spreading apart but working together seeking solos to tag and swarm with overwhelming numbers?

>Again, I see this as no risk play.
    This is/was an effective strategy for greenies but it only works so often and quite frankly is boring.

>>Are they mapping in on callouts of forces smaller than they are, i.e. solos, duos?

>Lame.
    This would be a waste of time and a waste of a map to chase solo and duo freeps.

>>Are they however, moving around the map looking for fights that may or may not be challenging killing when they can?

>That sounds great. We don't have enough of that. That sounds like Player VERSUS Monster Player.
    This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we'd like but you can't always get this so sometimes we're left to improvise.

I am done arguing this issue, not because of the point that the zergs existed before, not because there are ppl that corpse jump before the xfers..

Yet its a stupid point that someone is trying to start drama and cause issues for those that are new to the server . If u dont like the people, dont group w/ them.

Yet get to know ppl before u associate them w/ a tag and cause their life to be difficult. If u have decided after getting to know the ppl personally u dont like them fine.
    Yet i bet most of the ones judging the xfers havent even grouped w/ them, or strictly judged them based on one opinion on the forums or one action that they didnt know wasnt appropriate on this server, cause no one took the time to tell them politely.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by gubbee View Post
    This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we'd like but you can't always get this so sometimes we're left to improvise.
    The problem is BOTH sides have to be doing this, it can't be one side doing what it can to keep the other from QQing. We get waaay too much of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    I am done arguing this issue, not because of the point that the zergs existed before, not because there are ppl that corpse jump before the xfers..

Yet its a stupid point that someone is trying to start drama and cause issues for those that are new to the server . If u dont like the people, dont group w/ them.

Yet get to know ppl before u associate them w/ a tag and cause their life to be difficult. If u have decided after getting to know the ppl personally u dont like them fine.
    Yet i bet most of the ones judging the xfers havent even grouped w/ them, or strictly judged them based on one opinion on the forums or one action that they didnt know wasnt appropriate on this server, cause no one took the time to tell them politely.
    What the ... ?
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by romoen View Post
    What the ... ?
    ^ that. Totally
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post

QFT. I admit I did the forum thing, but moved on.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Annunlos View Post
    The problem is BOTH sides have to be doing this, it can't be one side doing what it can to keep the other from QQing. We get waaay too much of that.
    totally agree.. both sides are guilty of the same things.. its a part of the moors in my opinion and always has been.. two choices here.. stop going to the moors or get used to it in my opinion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001b7ae2/signature.png]Gahroul[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    People from Elendilmir, how does it feel to be blamed for the problems on a new server? An enlightening experience I hope.

LOL vapor. In this case the minority is concerned. In comparison, we are very small fraction of the xfers that took place and are still taking place on E.

To answer your question, it feels fine because I know we fight the good fight and don't contribute to the giant zerg balls standing 200 meters apart staring at eachother, each not wanting to commit until they have superior numbers because they might wipe. Or like you, standing at the rez circle or GV for hours each day to farm....and then when the firedot was curable - poof switches to a burg...

Believe me, the complaints would skyrocket if we showed up to every big fight, or just ran along side the established CRaid. It would be exactly as described, we would be bolstering every fight that took place in the moors and probably causing a rout in most of them.

Even YOU with your vaporisgreat goggles on, must see that on E the playstyle has changed from small group/respect (for the most part) to massive amounts of creeps just facerolling and zerging all over. Do you honestly think that it's mostly creep vets changing their playstyle, or is it transfers and new players in the moors with that playstyle?

Do you really lend any credibility to that one player without the sig who feels we're bolstering the zerg at every chance and corpse jumping people we killed 5v1? I hope not because both are untrue.

People were saying that PvMP and Zerging was **** long before any of the new transfers arrived.

We had our own creep/freep zergers and keep huggers and gankers and gold taggers and leechers and whiners and runners and warg/burg packers long before enyone from E or B got here.

So seriously... give it a rest.

[edit] and the "give it a rest" is directed at people who want to say that some how the new additions to our server are the ones to blame. How about the little open raid freep zerglings we got running around? They arent transfers. What about them. I was leeching off a raid near stab last night with only one person over rank 4 in it. They barely moved out of the door of EC until they saw other freeps roll in.

Funny what you notice when you are stealthed up watching
    Last edited by PF-Grumpy; May 03 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gubbee View Post
    All I can say is we're looking for a fight, how it gets initiated doesn't really matter.
    All respect. Honest.

But yes it DOES matter.

Bigtime.

And the smaller the group, the more it matters.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    e other veteran players, like you Swifteye for example, that have been decidedly absent for the majority of this time. The time for Freeps to step up is now. Pointing fingers at strange Creeps, or other perceived "strangers," really accomplishes nothing.

i in no way pointed fingers and my absence from the moors? yeah you work 3 jobs and tell me how often you can play

Quote Originally Posted by PF-Grumpy View Post
    I was leeching off a raid near stab last night with only one person over rank 4 in it. They barely moved out of the door of EC until they saw other freeps roll in.
    I would imagine their lack of confidence may have had something to do with the absense of the veteran Freeps that roam in closed groups? *shrugs*

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying they aren't to blame. I'm an equal opportunity blamer. I blame everyone.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by iceknight493 View Post
    i in no way pointed fingers and my absence from the moors? yeah you work 3 jobs and tell me how often you can play
    I agree so much it's not even funny.

NO problem in a game can be blamed on people not playing.

The game needs to be healthy no matter how many are playing and on what side.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I transfered here from E before Alz was even here... Does this mean I'm safe..?
    Haha, honestly, I transfered here for reasons unrelated to the moors, (Yes, I know I'm late to this thread!). it was about the time when My.Lotro was getting hot and people from landy were posting constantly with very top quality blogs. (Ophy included. :P)

I do have to say, though, when I did jump into the PvMP on landy though, I loved the difference from Elendilmir. Don't get me wrong, E had its epic fights too, but Landy definitely had a different "feel" as far as the Moors went, even the mood of both sides, to me, seemed very optimistic. I still feel that same mood is apparent in the moors, in all honesty. Albeit a much larger community now, theres generally a large sense of comradery from both sides, and more often than not, raids are willing to work with raids still, players are still laughing with other players, ect. From personal expereience from pre moria zerging, Landroval hasn't even come to face the very wosrt of zerging like ELendilmir would get occasionally.

I'm not saying this to offend anyone, but I believe many of you are getting worked up over new transfers, who in my opinion, like Moof, are extraordinary players, and can only add to the community. While I do see the reason to evaluate them, I think this thread has been pushed too far into the negatives.

I know I'm not a Landy "Original", and my voice may not matter as much, but honestly, I know I wasn't judged like this when I came over. Even Alz wasn't, aside from the hubbub about her rank.

I understand the fear of more people = more zergs, but like Luc, I have never felt the Landroval zergs were ever an issue of population, rather an issue of the "Airstrike" mentality.

But, who listens to an elf champ in the first place?
    Î Arathlo Naurlang, Champion of Seregon Î
    Î 2007-2009 Elendilmir / 2009-Present Landroval Î

Quote Originally Posted by Arathlo View Post

No one; Right Leekae?
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    ROFL...you totally did. Now that I reread the original post, I bet you were asking for something along the lines of "because the fighting here is better than x server" or because its hard to kill Luc when you play on Vilya.

uh not really i asked a question i dont blame the transfers for the zerg I started here and im going to stay here till the day that i quit and uninstall the zerg has always been here

Seriously. No one.

[LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

24. May 03 2010, 03:51 PM

Well I'm glad you all took that one seriously. x]

I hope my point was made.
    Î Arathlo Naurlang, Champion of Seregon Î
    Î 2007-2009 Elendilmir / 2009-Present Landroval Î

I transfered here from E before Alz was even here... Does this mean I'm safe..?
    Haha, honestly, I transfered here for reasons unrelated to the moors, (Yes, I know I'm late to this thread!). it was about the time when My.Lotro was getting hot and people from landy were posting constantly with very top quality blogs. (Ophy included. :P)
    Shhhhhh!!!!! *gags you*

Hrm, what? I didn't do anything. >.<

Ummmmmmm.... other Elf Champs?

Elf Champ 1: Dude, I'm telling you. You need to shing before you shing shing.
    Elf Champ 2: What the hell do you know? You're an Elf.
    Elf Champ 3: How's my hair look?

No, probably not them either.
    Last edited by romoen; May 03 2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Moinuk, BA

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast