We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: How often do you enter the LOTRO Lotteries?

Voters
1015. You may not vote on this poll
  • I lose sleep waiting for lotteries to start. I'm addicted.

243 23.94%
  • I enter them often.

605 59.61%
  • I occasionally enter the lotteries.

90 8.87%
  • I rarely enter them.

26 2.56%
  • I have never entered a LOTRO Lottery.

23 2.27%
  • We have lotteries?

28 2.76%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

LOTRO Lottery Feedback

Think of this thread as a kind of Tell The Community Team for Lotteries. We're trying to gain a little insight into what you like, don't like, want to see added and want to see more of in the lotteries.

Please try to be concise with your answers, and don't forget to answer the poll question!

Question 1

If you could add any item to the lotteries, what would you add? List 3 items.

Question 2

Which lottery did you enjoy the most?

Question 3

What Holidays (real or lore based) do you think should have their own lotteries?

Re: LOTRO Lottery Feedback

Question 1
    1) Symbol of celebrimbor (Or add MORE of them)
    2) Legendary items based on the class of the participants
    3) Rare drops from dungeons like the Singed cloak from 2.6.8.

Question 2
    2) I don't think I Enjoy lotteries, but they are free stuff... But, I liked the Spring Horse the best.

Question 3
    What Holidays (real or lore based) do you think should have their own lotteries?
    *edit to remove grumpy response*
    Typical holidays would work: Bilbo's Birthday, The departing of the fellowship, and every Quarterly festival.
    Last edited by NuclearTonic; May 12 2010 at 10:55 AM.
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

Question 1

Scrolls (of Delving, Empowerment, Stats)
    PvP armour (since noone uses it for the stats but for the cosmetic appeal)
    Maybe random rep Horses?

Question 2

The Symbol of Celembrimbor one because i won it!

I hate it when i dont win

Question 3

Lore based holidays. Bilbo's Birthday and such
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Question 1

Titles, cosmetic/housing items, Moors specific items (for Freeps and Creeps).

Question 2

I loved winning the Spring Horse! The Welcome Wagon Lotto was a great help to win on my newbie characters, also. I love it every time I win!

Question 3

All of them! I think the lotteries are really fun and I'd love to see more. Maybe some more lore related lotteries, like character's birthdays, anniversaries of battles won, or even Tolkien's birthday.

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]*[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Cuiva/RK*[/COLOR][COLOR=Green]Tyv/Burg[/COLOR]*[COLOR=Yellow]Lyva/Hun[/COLOR]*[COLOR=DarkOrchid][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000cf3db/01006/signature.png]Cuiva[/charsig][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3]
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]**Ai! He is free!**[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Question 1

65 LIs according to class who entered
    Legacy Tier Upgrade Scrolls
    PvMP Items, Luminious Stones and the like

Question 2

I like them all, it is quick to enter, and fun to win

Question 3

I say just keep with Lore related and festival related 'special ones', and when new content will launch

Question 1
    Nanu's Hiding Place
    Symbol of Celebrimbor
    Lefnuilan Campaign Mark

Question 2
    Symbol of Celebrimbor

Question 3
    My birthday. I mean, you guys are paying me after all, so why not go all out?
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Question 1

1)new, unseen before cosmetic items
    2)Mirkwood gold stars
    3)new, unseen before mounts

Question 2

the symbol one...even if I didn't win

Question 3

Any, doesn't matter.
    [COLOR="Red"]Alayra 65 Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Larytha 65 Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Yellow"]Dustii 65 Hunter[/COLOR]

Question 1

1. IXP runes
    2. Warding/Damage Scrolls
    3. Crit Food

Question 2

Symbol of Celebrimbor

Question 3

More the merrier!

Question 1

Cosmetic items

(I love outfits!!)

Question 2

I loved getting the Spring Festival Horse. I also enjoyed getting the heal/power pots and food as I really needed them and it saved my husband the time and resources to make them!

Question 3

Any holiday on the calendar for any country that plays this game Also, I love the idea of lore-based holiday lotteries as others have mentioned. Character birthdays and significant events would be fun!
    [COLOR=White][URL="http://youtube.com/user/LunnaTheBurg"][COLOR=Sienna]**[/COLOR][COLOR=Wheat]LotRO Machinimas on YouTube[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://my.lotro.com/einarr"][COLOR=Sienna]**[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]My.Lotro Blog[/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna]**[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://ramblingsbylunna.blogspot.com/"][COLOR=Wheat]Ramblings By Lunna Blog[/COLOR][COLOR=Sienna]**[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000c4871/01008/signature.png]Lunna[/charsig]
    Visit [URL="http://www.etsy.com/shop/loveliesbylunna"]Lovelies By Lunna on Etsy[/URL] for handmade jewelry that has nothing to do with LotRO...but is still awesome :)

Question 1

Writ of Angmar
    Writ of Helegrod
    Writ of Annúminas

Question 2

The lottery for the anniversary tokens. It could be entered with lots of toons, and was repeated lots of times, with a chance of good rewards (hope tokens) and fluff rewards (cosmetics).

Question 3

Anything goes... from Pie Day to New Years

Question 1

Tokens for radiance gear
    Crit potions
    Crit rations

Question 2

Scroll of empowerment

Question 3

Sheesh, any holiday is a good day for a lottery.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    [SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=plum][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U][SIZE=2][B]Old Timers Guild[/B][/SIZE][/U] Gladden,[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue] Chapter Leader
    Etosha, Vildachaiya, Burtininke, Meshugener[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Question 1

1. More Symbol Lottos (relics and Empowement scrolls too!)
    2. Rare drops from instances (Cloak from 2.6.8, Wig-Feld, Amber Ring, Copper Sphere, Insidious Cuffs, etc.)
    3. Some of the rare cosmetic stuff you can't get anymore, like from the Amarthiel events.

Question 2

Any I win seriously though, any time I win a relic I feel like I hit the jackpot, that just saved me hours and hours of grinding. Also I feel like the Carrot Cake and Hope lotto was a great balance of rewards, useful stuff (tokens,) a cosmetic, food, cash and a funny joke to boot, what's not to like? Usually I don't get as excited for lottos that are just fluff, but if the fluff is balanced with something useful I'm much more likely to enter.

Question 3

Any excuse for a Lotto is a good one
    Tycho Gilcrist - 85 Man Hunter - The Noldor

Question 1

More rare ad hard to get items, more mounts: I want to see things I cannot obtain for myself easily as prizes.

1. Symbol of Celebrimbor
    2. Symbold and medallions (Moria, Dol Guldur)
    3. The combined Beleriand/Orc-slayer weapon scroll

Question 2

I like the ones that give out staples: Pots and mithril flakes.

Question 3

The seasonal festivals, Halloween.

More feedback: Please, please disable creeps being able to enter lottos, it is wasteful. Also sometimes I can't see loterries when I click on the button to enter, I have to go through my characters individually to get them in, and this is a bit of a pain.

Question 1

* Items that drop in old instances such as manuals of (X) instrument, mentoring (X) instrument, lore-master non-combat pets

* Recipes or items from Lothlorien that normally require reputation and barter items

* Reputation barter items (both to get reputation, such as Corcur signets for Rivendell, and that are given along with reputation, such as bronze leaves)

Question 2

I liked the ones where we were surprised (gift boxes, barter medallions to get gift boxes)

Question 3

Recognize racial holidays. We have quite a bit for hobbits, but what about elves, dwarves, Men? (Holidays for Men would probably be regional.)
    Alasse: lore-master 100 on Landroval, plus alts of every other class

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Question 1
    1. Moria Medallions (at least 10)
    2. Veteran Third Marks
    3. Roast of Heroes

Question 2

I enjoyed the Carrot Cake and Hope Lottery for number of reasons (timing, pure enjoyment, & not having to mine k-copper for a little while). The repeated Spring is Sprung with Skirmish Marks, Silver, & Housing items really got me following the Lottos.

Question 3

(assuming the major ones are covered)

• Bilbo/Frodo' Birthday
    • January 3rd for Tolkien's Birthday
    • Thanksgiving with different food items for hidden titles
    • Mother's/Father's Day - Notes of Affection, Cosmetics

and for fun:
    • 14 May - National Chicken Dance Day
    • 8 November - Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day (Any better day for the cheese?)
    Last edited by robnkarla; May 12 2010 at 11:32 AM.
    [size=2][u][url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328837-Sauron-vs.-Tom-Bombadil"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] ♪♫[/color][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A fun what-if video I hope lightens your day[/color][COLOR="Red"]♫♪[/color][/size]

Question 1

1- The level 61+ Legendary fragments used to make crafted LIs.
    2- Stacks of Master/Supreme-level ingots (or other T6 mats for other crafts)
    3- More 61+ IXP runes

Question 2

For pure entertainment value, I'd say the Carrot Cake and Hope lotto was pretty funny. For practicality, I love the lottos that give stacks of T6 potions or the Symbol of Celebrimbor (even I didn't win! /shakesfist).

Question 3

Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's/Father's Day, Independence Day (US, obviously), National Talk Like a Pirate Day (), Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve (which is also my daughter's birthday. )
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Question 1

More varieties of food
    Special housing furniture
    Critical success-increasing crafting items such as resin, fibers, and rock-salt

Question 2

I enjoyed winning crafting tools, festival horse, and food.

Question 3

That's tough ... I am much more aware of real life holidays and would be more likely to check the lottery boards for those. But if you could start announcing the lore holidays to clue us in to check the lotteries on those days, I think it would be preferable to have lore holiday based lotteries. What those would be, unfortunately, I can't help with.

Red face Re: LOTRO Lottery Feedback

Question 1

a. More symbols of Celebrimbor
    b. Mounts
    c. Ettenmoors items for their cosmetic appeal

Question 2

The ones I win...;-)...I have really liked the fact that there is now another way to get a symbol of Celebrimbor (even though I haven't won yet).

Question 3

Hrmmn...this is a bit tougher since if we go with all holidays real and/or Lore based there would be a lottery everyday, sure a lottery everday!! Special ones that I would like to see added: Bilbo's b-day, JRRT B-day, Aragorn's coronation day, others related to FREEP victories.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000c6ec5/01003/signature.png]Caraduintil[/charsig]

Smile Re: LOTRO Lottery Feedback

Think of this thread as a kind of Tell The Community Team for Lotteries. We're trying to gain a little insight into what you like, don't like, want to see added and want to see more of in the lotteries.

Please try to be concise with your answers, and don't forget to answer the poll question!

Question 1

1) Symbol of celebrimbor
    2) 2nd age 65 Legendary items based on the class of the participants
    3) Rare drops from dungeons like the Singed cloak from 2.6.8 or Nanu's Hiding Place.

Question 2

Spring horse lottery was great as It was offered so many times

Question 3

Character's birthdays, Anniversaries of battles won or New Raid releases, Tolkien's birthday and Dev Birthdays could all be fun. I really like the lotteris and would love to see many many more.

20. May 12 2010, 11:40 AM

Question 1
    Any rare world drop, rare dungeon drop, or prohibitively expensive item [eg symbol of celembror, scrolls of empowerment, etc]

Question 2
    The one I won! [5 scrolls of empowerment]

Question 3
    Both real and lore based. Fun lotos for real world holidays and perhaps more serious lotos for the lore lotteries.
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Silverlode: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Silverlode/Cohl"]Cohl[/URL] [COLOR=Black]- 75 Champion | [/COLOR][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/Silverlode/Bobwine"]Bobwine[/URL] [COLOR=Black]- 75 Captain | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1083548/145522562960766081/"]Biyts[/URL] - 66 Minstrel
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Question 1
    +1 Virtue consumable (for example: +1 Valour Scroll, BoA, grants +1 to Virtue:Valour)
    Titles are always fun
    More Cosmetics!

Question 2
    I liked all those fluff lotteries. I'm a sucker for fluff stuff to win. Although I did enjoy the springfest mount lotto and the Symbol of Celebrimbor lotto too

Question 3
    any and every US and Canadia non-religious holiday. Everything from the Super Bowl, Hot Dog Eating World Championship, St Patty's Day, National School Nurse Day (that's today)... from sillier holidays like that to more traditional holidays like Thanksgiving Day and Canadia Thanksgiving Day. The more lotteries the better! any excuse is fine, just gimme some lottos
    Westhalian-Firefoot, Vyspark-Crickhollow, I'm not quite 1337 but I'm close...1336
    Predict In-Game Time plugin
    "Community is all of us together. As the current community, we have a huge opportunity to <transform teh nuubs into our awesomeness>" - Clover (paraphrased)

Question 1

1. Major class items, like rune of winged dominance, putrid slime, etc - If they are bound, depending on the class of the character that wins it.

2. IXP Runes / Legendary items

3. Special crafting recipes

Question 2

Winning the spring festival horse was awesome, and the welcome wagon lotto ones are great for lowbie chars.

Question 3

What Holidays (real or lore based) do you think should have their own lotteries?[/QUOTE]

Earth's day, Tolkien's birthday or other favorite writers' birthday as well (Poe, Lovecraft), Sweden's midsummer festival, Halloween, Discovery of America.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000010f280/01006/signature.png]Nimliath[/charsig]

Question 1
    LI's, More Symbols, More SOE's

Question 2
    SoE's & Symbols

Question 3
    Presidents Day

Cool Re: LOTRO Lottery Feedback

1.If you could add any item to the lotteries, what would you add? List 3 items.

Deffinatly MORE Symbols of Celebrimbor please!! < we've had those but please more often to give casual players a shot! >
    MORE Scrolls of Empowerment < more often please for casual players>

1.Higher IXP Runes
    2. Unusual Cosmetic/Housing Items
    3. Lv 65 2nd Age Mainhand Weapons

< I SUGGEST add a Lv 65 only Lottery ! And have only Items like Empowement Scrolls, the Ever Popular Symbol of Celebrimbor or Higher IXP RUNES. !! More Casual players deserve a shot at the Symbol and for Scrolls, that do not have the time to Farm them, or the cash to purchase. I'd like to see the Higher IXP runes because aside of constantly running SG or SH for runes becomes a Drag and takes the enjoyment out of gaming. Or there should be other ways to get runes.. simular to Moria Bounties.>

2.Which lottery did you enjoy the most?

I did enjoy the Springhorse, but ONLY because the NPC wasn't there

I really did enjoy Surprise boxes with decent prices like unusual marks etc ... but please drop the everyday junk stuff

3. What Holidays (real or lore based) do you think should have their own lotteries?

Any Lorebased Holidays even smaller events, as well as the General real holiday should be acknowledged. But PLEASE!!!!!! Stop giving out those masses and masses of Fireworks!! They use up too much Space !!!! Either that or make them Stack to 100 !
    " I AM Q "

Qor, Qoraya, Qora, Qorya, Qoria ,Qory, Qoryana, Qoryna, Hardqor, Aowyna, Arwenya, Chantall

Question 1

1 - Cosmetic Lore-based Armour sets.
    2 - More frequent Symbols of Celebrimbor
    3 - Legacy Pool Swap - change one of your legacies for another in a different pool - keep it random to hang to the element of gambling.

Question 2

I would certainly have said the Symbol Lotto, but I didn't win so I'd have to say the Symbol Lottery.

Question 3

Important dates we've covered so far - Bilbo's birthday, Seasonal Holidays, Annual Weatherstock Festival.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Last edited by Grinn; May 12 2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: seplilng
    Grinthalion of Landroval, Grin of Treebeard

Author of useful Sindarin phrases for travellers in elf-lands:

"Aniron galenas" = "Would you have any pipeweed?"
    "Im innas úgar sen galenas ten rhibi!" = "I will not buy this pipeweed, it is scratched!"
    "Im na alanann gwaur" = "I am no longer infected"

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast