We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

What? No Illiteration?

Wow, was looking forward to chatting about what all happened yesterday in the 'moors

From my perspective it was a great day for both sides. I hope everyone had fun. I sure did. (pointless in the end, but fun nonetheless)

Re: What? No Illiteration?

Here is yesterday in a nutshell (and none of this is a criticism of either side)

1. Freeps turned an uncontested map blue *high five*
    2. Creeps turned a much less contested map red *high five*
    3. 82% of freeps log *sad panda*
    4. Had a lot of fun in HH fighting Mongers and then some others who showed up
    5. No open raid
    6. Butt kicked at SoP
    7. People start whining about no one talking in /OOC
    Last edited by PF-Grumpy; May 18 2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: I mispelled butt.

Quote Originally Posted by PF-Grumpy View Post
    Hey man, I wasn't even there.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    Hey man, I wasn't even there.
    Well at least then we would have had something to discuss. So thanks for nothing.

I logged in and saw the blue map.

I hate blue maps, so I chatted for a bit then logged out.
    Last edited by Radardog; May 18 2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Echlon - R11 Burglar, Landroval.
    Defeelher - R7 Defiler, Landroval.

Fun night, some good kills, some good deaths, hope to have more of both tonite.

Saw a blue map, thought maybe I could find some solo's, grouped up with Didnt on his Guard.

Lugz was being hit by a train, I got annoyed from dying over and over trying to get in, so I switched to Nav.

Started a raid to defend TA, it hurt. Alot of freeps didn't listen, had to dismiss alot. Rallyed up in TR, was able to defend it when NPC's respawned, hung up my leadership hat. I think most of the freeps logged, 8 freeps left to defend. Had a red map.

Went out later to hang out with nandir and company, had some fun on the lugz cross-roads only because I was surprised we lasted so long against so many. Then again, we did have Nandir.

I went to bed. The end!
    That,Rashka girl;
    My UI causes people to make vomit noises.
    I murder people's well thought out names. I always master loot.
    I go into robot voice, a lot. So much so that now my Kinship and raiding team call me Navbot, the robot overlord.
    I love rp.
    I pvp to techno.

Well at least then we would have had something to discuss. So thanks for nothing.
    I know right? That's at least 5+ pages this thread will never see.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian-moth View Post
    Saw a blue map, thought maybe I could find some solo's, grouped up with Didnt on his Guard.

Lugz was being hit by a train, I got annoyed from dying over and over trying to get in, so I switched to Nav.

Started a raid to defend TA, it hurt. Alot of freeps didn't listen, had to dismiss alot. Rallyed up in TR, was able to defend it when NPC's respawned, hung up my leadership hat. I think most of the freeps logged, 8 freeps left to defend. Had a red map.

Went out later to hang out with nandir and company, had some fun on the lugz cross-roads only because I was surprised we lasted so long against so many. Then again, we did have Nandir.

I went to bed. The end!

Oh don't mention me on my guard, taking time away from my champ.

I logged in and saw the blue map and I was excited to play my creep. Just then I get a calendar reminder on my phone about a meeting that the fiancee and I had to attend at church. Dang thing took two hours and by the time I was able to get back on it was D-E-A-D.

Maybe I'll get some play time tonight.
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

I didn't play in the Moors
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    I did, just not on Landy....
    Wolves couldn't care less what sheep think
    Sidheru R13 Elendilmir/Deathshryke R12 BA TWKSL Brandy

Map was red by the time I logged on late night. Rolled in a small group of three and had a lot of good fights.

@PostOffice...Sorry you got jacked in that 1v1 mang. I thought we were alone. Guess norbog ridge isn't the best place to do that kind of thing. /salute
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Well, Mongers did what we do every night. Fielded a full raid, sat in a red keep all night and mapped into zerg solo freep call outs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000159df3/signature.png]Charrk[/charsig] [color=red][size=3]PvMP meter:[/size] It is my opinion that NO game company has a clue what PvP is.[/color]
    [color=orange][size=3]Wisdom of the Sharkdog:[/size][/color][color=violet] Barter systems weren;t that cool when they first added them, so stop already with new barter items.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    Seconded. I havent been on in the moors since I Lee's rank raid. Been busy with the next phase of Project Destroy All Creeps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000141f75/signature.png]Beardryt[/charsig]
    Creeps :: Shrakuk-R6 / Bakrhut-R6 / Kragrat-R4 / Shapgrut-R4 / Saielreth-R4 / Glugluk-R3
    Freeps :: Bearbelly-R6 / Dworlic-R3 / Beardryt-R6 / Eluras-- / Glorgin-- / Bearpuncher-R2 / Beardio-R2

Here is yesterday in a nutshell (and none of this is a criticism of either side)

1. Freeps turned an uncontested map blue *high five*
    2. Creeps turned a much less contested map red *high five*
    3. 82% of freeps log *sad panda*
    4. Had a lot of fun in HH fighting Mongers and then some others who showed up
    5. No open raid
    6. Butt kicked at SoP
    I agree with this.

#3 Im asking a serious question here, why do Freeps leave the Moors. Do they have raids to join? Do the Creeps have anything to do with it? Is it a time on the clock thing? This is nothing new but there are times the Creeps are left with a *** moment when you guys dont show up again.

If its about not being able to win because you truely think you cant the I would agree with Uth that it is best to live to fight another day. If its because you havent tried some new approach then dont log out, just try it at least once. You know, we hear the comments that we should just let the Freeps have a keep, it quickly gets corrected that Creeps wont let the Freeps have anything and they will have to work for a keep. There was a heavy force of Freeps that flipped the map blue, Im not talking numbers necessarily just the right mix to flip the map with determination. We loved it.

#4 We had a few guests in our group last night and one of them had a small group of 3 tagging along with them for some reason, I think they must have known one of our guests and were just being friendly. I know that would bother alot of other players but we are all on the same side, win or loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Radardog View Post
    I logged in and saw the blue map.

I hate blue maps, so I chatted for a bit then logged out.
    Is this on your Freep or Creep? Why would you hate a blue map may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian-moth View Post

I went to bed. The end!
    Dont worry Nav you are a huge addition to that group also!

***Special note to thank Gahroul for leading his Creep group around the map to fight Freeps and turn the map red.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujae View Post
    Freep. It's just a matter of preference and a few annoyances.

When it's a blue map [generally],

1. There are less creeps running around.
    2. I don't like shuffles, be it from grams to lugz, or OC to Lugz Rez.
    3. All blue maps usually means some freeps come online that you rarely see.
    It's hard not to get a 'where were you when times were tough?!' attitude.

4. If I don't have a timer, usually I go creep.. but I had a moors timer.

Well, I would say that many of the Freeps who turned the map left because we were getting tired and needed a break. For myself, I only intended to go out there for 30 minutes and hand in some quests. Next thing I knew it was 5 hours later and we had captured both relics. It was my day off and I had some house-cleaning projects to work on, so I logged. By the time I came back on only a few hours later, the map was red.

I think a lot of times this is what happens, on both sides. It isn't some big conspiracy, and most people aren't running from fights or poor prospects. We just have other things to do. I did have a ton of fun yesterday though! Thanks to all the Freeps who stuck with me after the main raid leader (Nosforatoo) left so we could get the TA Hornblower up. Too bad he didn't seem to do much to slow the Creeps down, LOL.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000019c39c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sujae View Post
    I agree with this.

#3 Im asking a serious question here, why do Freeps leave the Moors. Do they have raids to join? Do the Creeps have anything to do with it? Is it a time on the clock thing? This is nothing new but there are times the Creeps are left with a *** moment when you guys dont show up again.

If its about not being able to win because you truely think you cant the I would agree with Uth that it is best to live to fight another day. If its because you havent tried some new approach then dont log out, just try it at least once. You know, we hear the comments that we should just let the Freeps have a keep, it quickly gets corrected that Creeps wont let the Freeps have anything and they will have to work for a keep. There was a heavy force of Freeps that flipped the map blue, Im not talking numbers necessarily just the right mix to flip the map with determination. We loved it.

#4 We had a few guests in our group last night and one of them had a small group of 3 tagging along with them for some reason, I think they must have known one of our guests and were just being friendly. I know that would bother alot of other players but we are all on the same side, win or loose.

Dont worry Nav you are a huge addition to that group also!

***Special note to thank Gahroul for leading his Creep group around the map to fight Freeps and turn the map red.

To sum this all up...

Because we can and I have a big red pencil box
    Ophelia- As a Creep I've never liked Burg packs and as a Freep I've thought they were a waste of Ettenmoors space.
    [color=#00CC99][b]Snowhawk - 65 Burglar, Dushtala R8 Reaver, Agonshiik R7 Warg, Zhivago R6 Defiler[/b][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Radardog View Post
    Freep. It's just a matter of preference and a few annoyances.

When it's a blue map [generally],

3. All blue maps usually means some freeps come online that you rarely see.
    It's hard not to get a 'where were you when times were tough?!' attitude.
    4. If I don't have a timer, usually I go creep.. but I had a moors timer.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the notion, that folks ~should~ go creeping on a blue map (and I know you arent strictly saying this). Last night was an example a daytime blueage of the map. When I came out there were few freeps, they were fragmented and we didnt have enough to defend.

In addition to that I don't agree that people choose to Freep on blue maps. I think the "fair weather" creeps see all that DP, and go creepside.

Played with the late nite crew. Had some ok smaller battles. Couldn't seem to get a even numbered fight though. Either we ganked them or they ganked us. Smaller groups are so much better than raids right now though.

Oh, and coward reavers that use their dying rage skill to run away and die are cowards. That's no better than a Hunter's DF and Turbine removed that for a reason.
    Darkrain / Ghostdog / Bettyford
    Pouncing Pwny - Landroval

I don't necessarily subscribe to the notion, that folks ~should~ go creeping on a blue map (and I know you arent strictly saying this). Last night was an example a daytime blueage of the map. When I came out there were few freeps, they were fragmented and we didnt have enough to defend.

In addition to that I don't agree that people choose to Freep on blue maps. I think the "fair weather" creeps see all that DP, and go creepside.
    Eh when I logged on the OOC chatter was about one group taking the relic, with enough numbers for another group to stay back in DG and just grab the second relic when they can. Might have been bad timing.

One of the most boring nights I've had in months.

I was off and on, probably logged a sum 3 hours or so of play. Got about 500 renown after a handful of fights.

The creeps were VERY clearly all zerged up and mapping in to anything called out.

It was crazy boring.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    One of the most boring nights I've had in months.

I was off and on, probably logged a sum 3 hours or so of play. Got about 500 renown after a handful of fights.

The creeps were VERY clearly all zerged up and mapping in to anything called out.

It was crazy boring.
    When life gives you lemons...
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    When life gives you lemons...
    Go to Bree and hit on hot elf chicks controlled by fat, bald men? Total.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast