We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wonderfully Wacky and Willfully Wonky Wednesday Coffee

Morning Landroval!

WILSON! Get those 'chilas moving. It's time to open up. Coffee and breakfast spread stat. Start the tea kettle to boiling, get some of those sodas on ice, and make sure there is an extra gallon of chocolate milk out.

I woke up in time to get a solid 45 minute cardio workout in this morning. Tonight is arms and shoulders, which should make nice use of the new dumbbells.

My router testing continues today. The IT guy has decided that he is going to ride in the van to where we will conduct the test so that he can work on it in real time. I am falling behind on my project management classes, so I hope to get at least 1 or 2 of those done today.

I paid off the cruise, and even added some travel insurance. I read through the policy and it was pretty comprehensive (I also feel better knowing that I will be reimbursed if I have to work at the last minute).

Are there any experienced cruisers here? The website is encouraging me to prepay gratiuities, and they recommend $10 per day. That seems reasonable to me, but I have a general issue with tipping before I receive any service. Having worked for tips for many years I'm usually pretty generous, but I don't like the idea of tipping in advance. I have also heard that the ship employees expect the tips as part of the voyage, and may not perform their jobs to the best of their ability if they are not prepaid. Almost sounds like all of the fees from airlines........

Alright, Ill post this before the ninjas pop up and get myself into the shower. Take care of yourselves!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000423ea/01003/signature.png]Willburn[/charsig][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000009714e/signature.png]Grishmakluk[/charsig]

Re: Wonderfully Wacky and Willfully Wonky Wednesday Coffee

Good morning folks! Thanks for opening, BDR.

Hey did you get tickets to Stephen Strasburg's first MLB game? I wonder how good he'll be after a couple of years? Anyway, I'm happy for the Nationals, being .500 or so right now and having this prospect join the team.

So I'm contemplating riding over to NY for Pastor's B-day party...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]
    Anonymous is up for it though. Anonymous is legion. -PastorInsanity

I should be working on the dress I'm making for the trip, or working on the bed I'm building for the kiddo, or cleaning my crazy wreck of a house, or even making breakfast, but instead I'm posting this while I'm alt-tabbed, on a horse headed for Forochel, so I can work on rep to get the cute little LM polar bear pet!

I'll save the guilt for later, when I have time.
    Never try to teach a troll to sing. It frustrates you and annoys the troll.
    "If worlds are to collide,..let us do so together!"--Welby

Quote Originally Posted by GweannDarkslayer View Post
    I should be working on the dress I'm making for the trip, or working on the bed I'm building for the kiddo, or cleaning my crazy wreck of a house, or even making breakfast, but instead I'm posting this while I'm alt-tabbed, on a horse headed for Forochel, so I can work on rep to get the cute little LM polar bear pet!

I'll save the guilt for later, when I have time.
    What a coincidence, my evening last night was very similar.

I have something to inflict on y'all a little bit later... Off to the Batcave to prepare it! BWAHAHAH!

Quote Originally Posted by GweannDarkslayer View Post
    Sometimes you have to make time... because we all know that something will fill that time anyway!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000dc021/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Gloern[/COLOR][/B] -[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] L65 Guardian[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Tieranor[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Minstrel[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Swana[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L45 Hunter[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Thoern[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L65 Champion[/COLOR] / [B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Lenamyr[/COLOR][/B] - [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]L15 Captain[/COLOR]

Morning everyone!

:sips her coffee and lays out a tray of her home made chocolate croissants:
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000028a9a/01002/signature.png]Cyrsei[/charsig]
    [i]“Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!” ~ The Lady of Light Galadriel[/i]

Since we call him our little Hobbit...

"Yeah, I gots a Ring..."

"But... it seems to have no power over me! I have plans for you, little Ring! BWAHAHAHA!"

Behind the scenes with Mom... You can tell he's already prepared for a stylist and personal assistant by that look on his face. His first stint as a baby supermodel required a lot of toe-kissing. I can't even begin to tell you how grueling that was.

Have a happy day!

Morning.

I need a new quote for my sig, i think... Suggestions?
    Ilisdor - Button-pusher, Adult, Cookie-Nommer, Grounded, Botherer of Delaney
    Saphirien - Hunter, Westfold Jeweler, Master of the Guild (65) Artwulf - Captain, Up and coming Woodworker (42)
    Lawrandir - Rune Keeper, Lazy Scholar (75) Rosegold II - Minstrel (16, RP)

This quote has been removed because I am no longer a fan of the person I was quoting. Thank you. -ShadowTH Management

Quote Originally Posted by pidgett View Post

Wow. Cute kid...
    Saphirien - Hunter, Westfold Jeweler, Master of the Guild (65) Artwulf - Captain, Up and coming Woodworker (42)

This quote has been removed because I am no longer a fan of the person I was quoting. Thank you. -ShadowTH Management

Those pics are awesome! I'm sure you've advised him not to wear the ring, right?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbustedjorn View Post
    Those pics are awesome! I'm sure you've advised him not to wear the ring, right?
    Uh... He sorta tried that on his own. And discovered that outside of ME, rings of power can only influence people to blow raspberries on your tummy and kiss your toes. *shrugs* Better than nothing, I guess.

Uh... He sorta tried that on his own. And discovered that outside of ME, rings of power can only influence people to blow raspberries on your tummy and kiss your toes. *shrugs* Better than nothing, I guess.
    Well, i'm sure if the consequences of putting that ring on remain consistent, by the time he hits 13, he'll never wanna put a ring on. EVER. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTH View Post
    Well, i'm sure if the consequences of putting that ring on remain consistent, by the time he hits 13, he'll never wanna put a ring on. EVER. AGAIN.
    Literal LOL!

Now that we've established his race, his class is still up in the air. As soon as he can sit up in a Bumbo, we're going to let him have ten minutes a day of quality gaming on the bot computer. I'm thinking hunter, personally... What's the easiest class to play by just letting him hit the keyboard? I'd say minstrel but it gets a little harder in end-game. *winkwink*

Morning.

I need a new quote for my sig, i think... Suggestions?
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~eugene/quotes/random.html

Knock yourself out.

Literal LOL!

Now that we've established his race, his class is still up in the air. As soon as he can sit up in a Bumbo, we're going to let him have ten minutes a day of quality gaming on the bot computer. I'm thinking hunter, personally... What's the easiest class to play by just letting him hit the keyboard? I'd say minstrel but it gets a little harder in end-game. *winkwink*
    That or a champ. because anyone can be an average champion, it takes skill to be a good or great champ though...

Ok...Panic time!

I am getting ready to go to a conference in a day or two that will last over a week. My MIL just announced that they are coming to visit, and will be arriving at least a day before I get back. The house is a wreck from our recent remodeling work.

So now, in 2 days, I get to pack, try to get caught up at work, prepare for the conference, and clean my entire house. My husband will have to be trusted with some of the preperation on his own, but things like changing sheets on the guest bed and cleaning out the fridge don't have the same importance to him that they do to me.

*runs in circles screaming*
    Kymli Dwarf Mini ~ MamaCass Defiler

BTW my favorite quote on that page is, "Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth."

I have been on a number of cruises. Prepaying tips is not how things were done in the past, but the industry is changing. I took a cruise about three weeks ago where they actually automatically added tips of $12 per day per person to the bill. There was also a new setup where 4 of the 7 dining places charged extra (from $10 per person to $25 per person per meal) and all soft drinks were sold for $2.50 per can even in the free meal dining locations. Cruising just isn't what it used to be even a few years ago. Still, cruising is the best value around for many vacation locales.
    Aldekim (95 Landroval) Aldekim (65 Meneldor), Aldekim (13 Arkenstone),Aldekim (33 Laurelin), Aldekim (11 Nimrodel), Aldekim (Crickhollow), Aldekim (Elendilmir)

I didn't get a ticket to Strasburg's first game. In fact I finished my workout in time to only miss an inning or two of the local game last night, but I completely forgot about it.

That ring is pretty awesome, but I would be more concerned about him trying to swallow it than to turn invisible.

I found a friend who has HBO and asked him to record Song of Ice and Fire when it airs. The only information I can find about it is that the series should begin in Spring of 2010, so I think we are a bit behind. My buddy also pointed out that the actor who played Boromir will be playing Eddard Stark.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000423ea/01003/signature.png]Willburn[/charsig][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000009714e/signature.png]Grishmakluk[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    Ok...Panic time!

I am getting ready to go to a conference in a day or two that will last over a week. My MIL just announced that they are coming to visit, and will be arriving at least a day before I get back. The house is a wreck from our recent remodeling work.

So now, in 2 days, I get to pack, try to get caught up at work, prepare for the conference, and clean my entire house. My husband will have to be trusted with some of the preperation on his own, but things like changing sheets on the guest bed and cleaning out the fridge don't have the same importance to him that they do to me.

OMG! Here!

And if Robin Williams dressing up as an old lady and setting himself on fire doesn't help...

For you and your MIL. Failproof.

Maybe if you can get your other half to take on a fair share of the housework that needs to be done, your work stress won't be so bad?

For realies, I have had very similar situations. I find it's best to write a point-by-point list of EXACTLY what and how to do things around the house. It's better to spend ten minutes on that and have things done at least 75% as well as you would do them than to stress yourself out to no end, try to do everything yourself and beat yourself up when you can't be super-human, or re-do every chore your hubby took on. And hopefully your MIL understands that you guys have a busy life as professionals!

Quote Originally Posted by bdrogers2000 View Post
    I woke up in time to get a solid 45 minute cardio workout in this morning. Tonight is arms and shoulders, which should make nice use of the new dumbbells.

My router testing continues today. The IT guy has decided that he is going to ride in the van to where we will conduct the test so that he can work on it in real time. I am falling behind on my project management classes, so I hope to get at least 1 or 2 of those done today.

Hey,..now, what's with getting all in shape anyways? You are going to break the stereotype of IT computer people! he he
    Though, I guess the next time someone asks "ey,.fix my compooturs" you can just flex those 20-inch pythons and watch them run away..

Quote Originally Posted by bdrogers2000 View Post
    I paid off the cruise, and even added some travel insurance. I read through the policy and it was pretty comprehensive (I also feel better knowing that I will be reimbursed if I have to work at the last minute).

Are there any experienced cruisers here? The website is encouraging me to prepay gratiuities, and they recommend $10 per day. That seems reasonable to me, but I have a general issue with tipping before I receive any service. Having worked for tips for many years I'm usually pretty generous, but I don't like the idea of tipping in advance. I have also heard that the ship employees expect the tips as part of the voyage, and may not perform their jobs to the best of their ability if they are not prepaid. Almost sounds like all of the fees from airlines........
    Before I answer you,...please prePay a gratuity to Welby@forumAdvice.com

eh,..really,..the resident cruiser expert( he has been on TONS) here at work says it is Much more convenient to prePay. Otherwise you are breaking bills, withdrawing money,..putting them in different envelopes later on and that's a pain. When you get on the ship you visit the Burser or banker dude, they take your info, and give you a 'card' that you keep. At the end of the voyage you give them back the card as proof of tip and service well done.
    I am sure there are different rules on different cruises but that's what they are tellin me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbustedjorn View Post
    Good morning folks! Thanks for opening, BDR.

Hey did you get tickets to Stephen Strasburg's first MLB game? I wonder how good he'll be after a couple of years? Anyway, I'm happy for the Nationals, being .500 or so right now and having this prospect join the team.

So I'm contemplating riding over to NY for Pastor's B-day party...
    for'sooth! Have you ever met him before? Anyone else going? heehee
    I can literally Walk over to the Japan Society from work, but the thing is,..well,..I don't get out until 7pm, IF I even get out. so yeah,..

"Yeah, I gots a Ring..."
    "But... it seems to have no power over me! I have plans for you, little Ring! BWAHAHAHA!"
    Behind the scenes with Mom... You can tell he's already prepared for a stylist and personal assistant by that look on his face. His first stint as a baby supermodel required a lot of toe-kissing. I can't even begin to tell you how grueling that was.

Have a happy day!
    That IS Awesome!!
    One day you are going to embarrass the heck out of him!

Well, i'm sure if the consequences of putting that ring on remain consistent, by the time he hits 13, he'll never wanna put a ring on. EVER. AGAIN. : p
    hey,...that was pretty darn funny & clever I must say. It's like you were 28 or something!

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar2007 View Post
    oh, and it's down to $289... and some 68 or so hours to go.

Definitely do-able!

Woohoo! the game is afoot! Now here's the thing,..and I am probably not the only one,..waiting until the last minute( ok hour) to see if it will hit the goal or not,..if I don't feel it will hit,..I'm gonna slam it down, lock it up, and seal the deal. But I don't wanna step on anyones toes either, and if they wanna add 'new' funds, I'd rather them do that please do that!,...hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    Ok...Panic time!

here is a Cat in the Hat cleaning machine to help!

Quote Originally Posted by dori_bolger View Post
    I have been on a number of cruises. Prepaying tips is not how things were done in the past, but the industry is changing. I took a cruise about three weeks ago where they actually automatically added tips of $12 per day per person to the bill. There was also a new setup where 4 of the 7 dining places charged extra (from $10 per person to $25 per person per meal) and all soft drinks were sold for $2.50 per can even in the free meal dining locations. Cruising just isn't what it used to be even a few years ago. Still, cruising is the best value around for many vacation locales.
    Thanks for the input Dori. The one I am taking is through Carnival, and it looks like about half of their cruises do automatically include tips, and there is an unlimited soda program (but it dosen't include room service and I don't drink much soda to begin with). I am a little worried that if I prepay the tips they will add them automatically in some cases like you mentioned.

I guess I'll check with my mom, she is going on this trip and I think has taken this particular cruise before. All things considered I still can't complain about $550 for two people on a five day extravaganza.

Quote Originally Posted by Beschutzer View Post
    Hey,..now, what's with getting all in shape anyways? You are going to break the stereotype of IT computer people! he he
    Though, I guess the next time someone asks "ey,.fix my compooturs" you can just flex those 20-inch pythons and watch them run away..

Before I answer you,...please prePay a gratuity to Welby@forumAdvice.com

eh,..really,..the resident cruiser expert( he has been on TONS) here at work says it is Much more convenient to prePay. Otherwise you are breaking bills, withdrawing money,..putting them in different envelopes later on and that's a pain. When you get on the ship you visit the Burser or banker dude, they take your info, and give you a 'card' that you keep. At the end of the voyage you give them back the card as proof of tip and service well done.
    I am sure there are different rules on different cruises but that's what they are tellin me.
    I don't work in IT though! I'm just working with them to put a new router in our vans that will save the company some dough in the long term. I do work in communications though, so I guess its all a fine line........

Thanks for the tip! (see what I did there). I may just go ahead and do the prepay, and then try to remember that I have already paid them all out as I go along, except for the dealers in the casino. I doubt they are included in the standard.

I just realized nearly all of you are in the Pillagers of Pipeweed....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000028a9a/01002/signature.png]Cyrsei[/charsig]
    [i]“Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!” ~ The Lady of Light Galadriel[/i]

Great news this morning. I just happened to call the heating and A/C company that installed my heat pump and thermostat for the previous owner. Both systems are still under warranty, and it will only cost me $69 for a diagnostic to fix whatever is ailing my system.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast