We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: You broke your toys creeps

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    .... Many of us Freeps were mostly Creeping during that period of time, when Ranking was actually difficult. In fact, the challenge of that period of time is what turned me on to LOTRO PvP to this day. Why wax it like you deserve some sort of comeuppance? I'm willing to bet that most of the Creeps playing today did not play during the early books. I can tell by their style.
    Ding ding ding.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    Do you really believe half that cr@p you write?
    Quote Originally Posted by PF-Grumpy View Post
    Feycat('s)... suggestions to us on what we are doing wrong were patronizing. So you are seeing people feel patronized.
    What was bizarre about what I said? Do tell, oh obscure one.

The more flippant your answers, the better...
    I'm really pleased that you banter with them so directly, Overtone. I've lost my desire lately, but am very glad you are still telling it like it is. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Feycat View Post
    Um, this is pretty much exactly like tar..
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    ... Tar is a fixed location with no additional snare. That webbing has an additional snare. So there's no "pushing through it".

AND the cooldown on the poo is crazy relative to it's duration.

..... They're not the same. Not even close. And until you've played a melee in a raid situation where bugs are using that poo effectively and you can go an hour without reaching a target unless you die just to tap them once you really can't appreciate how terrible it can be.
    THIS THIS THIS... once you push out of the tar area, you are back to full movement speed.. That is not the case for spider poo. Poo is OP, the cooldown is too low, and the duration after leaving it's area is too long, not to mention the bugged area of the effect being so much larger than the graphic. I would love it if the poo worked just like tar, and frankly, I think it would help balance.
    "Dear Devs, Please nerf Rock. Paper is okay. Sincerely, Scissors."

AND then our sprint is back on its 5m cooldown. 5 MINUTES. Just until we get another chance to run in and die again. Thankfully the rezzers can't often reach us so we burn a lot of that time getting back to the fight.
    Please tell me you trait your sprint Luc. Please.

45s with a prime swap LI weapon.

But then the champs get through, and where's their support? The champs explode. I'm often lucky to get ONE hit off before I'm CJd.

AND then our sprint is back on its 5m cooldown. 5 MINUTES. Just until we get another chance to run in and die again. Thankfully the rezzers can't often reach us so we burn a lot of that time getting back to the fight.
    I usually get one "Charge" per fight, and that's going in...

And YOU are usually on your own program. You should try staying with the team and following the raid leaders direction. Most of the time you charge way before you should, so yeah, being the ONE GUY OUT THERE ALL ALONE you get lit up.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

45s with a prime swap LI weapon.

But then the champs get through, and where's their support? The champs explode. I'm often lucky to get ONE hit off before I'm CJd.

Um please slot sprint. Like NAOS!

And YOU are usually on your own program. You should try staying with the team and following the raid leaders direction. Most of the time you charge way before you should, so yeah, being the ONE GUY OUT THERE ALL ALONE you get lit up.
    Therego spider **** is bollux.

Healers are essential, it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.

Want to know a secret?

I push when the raid leader says push.

It's the OTHERS that are on their own program by not pushing, or not being able to push.

When I hear the raid leader saying push push push push push push, and the whining starts from the hunters about not being able to fire their bows, and then the CJs start in the back of the group. Yeah...I'm seperated from the raid. But I was doing what the leader called for...

AND I might add, exactly what was being suggested freeps need to do to win out there right? Push not stay fixed in a static position??

But you being creepside wouldn't have that insight.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Want to know a secret?

I push when the raid leader says push.

It's the OTHERS that are on their own program by not pushing, or not being able to push.

But you being creepside wouldn't have that insight.
    Well, time to work on that teamwork thingy I guess
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    Please tell me you trait your sprint Luc. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by lebleh View Post
    Um please slot sprint. Like NAOS!
    Of course I do. Hell, I don't even untrait it when I raid PvE.

But MOST champs do not.

And the problem isn't ME pushing, it's the other 23 people that can't push with me.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Well, time to work on that teamwork thingy I guess
    You know what? BS.

I'm so sick of this **** idea that Luc is some sort of asshat who can't work with a group.

I bust my *** trying to do what's needed to keep pressure on creeps that would BLOW UP our groups if they were just left to stand there and target at will.

I work extremely hard to communicate my actions, listen and follow instructions, and work WITH every group I'm in, be it a duo, a fellowship or a raid.

I stood back and was useless much of last night as the hunters (at one point there were 13 in a not full raid) pew pew'd as the leader called for us to hold our ground.

So if you want to sit over there on creepside and call me out, so be it.

But you're dead wrong.

My class currently is NOT built for many of the trends and issues in the moors. It's an uphill battle no matter WHAT I do. And frankly I'm sick of people creepside acting like they know better.

So I'm done. Go back to all your preaching about how freeps suck. Enjoy.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

You know what? BS.

I'm so sick of this **** idea that Luc is some sort of asshat who can't work with a group.

I bust my *** trying to do what's needed to keep pressure on creeps that would BLOW UP our groups if they were just left to stand there and target at will.

I work extremely hard to communicate my actions, listen and follow instructions, and work WITH every group I'm in, be it a duo, a fellowship or a raid.

I stood back and was useless much of last night as the hunters (at one point there were 13 in a not full raid) pew pew'd as the leader called for us to hold our ground.

But you're dead wrong.

My class currently is NOT built for many of the trends and issues in the moors. It's an uphill battle no matter WHAT I do. And frankly I'm sick of people creepside acting like they know better.

So I'm done. Go back to all your preaching about how freeps suck. Enjoy.
    No not you, but if you are going and the others aren't...they probably need to be "told" a few more times...
    [/CENTER]

You have the right to post about anything you wish... and you should. I just wont take any sentiment about Landy freep play seriously.
    I'm really not sure what impression you're under, but Landroval doesn't have a different Ettenmoors and skill-set than every other server. I don't care if I was on Ark, Brandy, E or any other server my opinions on what I wish for the playing field would be the same. My presence away from Ophelia doesn't change anything; things are the same now as they were 6 months ago and I've been around for it all.

And I'm not asking for your permission to post; Ophelia being on E doesn't make my interpretations of the situation any less valid. We're all on the same field.

You gave up on Landy Freepside. Whether for good reason or not, you did.
    Yeah. I already said that. Thanks for... adding emphasis?

I've said similar things to you as your teammate. It doesn't have anythign to do with someone on Creepside casting stones at you.
    Last edited by romoen; Jun 04 2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by romoen View Post
    things are the same now as they were 6 months ago
    If you really think that's true then you're completely out of touch with how things are Freepside. On many levels.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

If you really think that's true then you're completely out of touch with how things are Freepside. On many levels.
    What mechanics have changed for LotRO in the last 6 months?
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Gil View Post
    So what do you guys suggest us creeps do?

Give up our maps? no, don't think so. I didn't hear any freeps calling maps op in the beginning when creeps were painfully underpowered. Seems the maps provided freeps with a steady supply of fodder.

Flip to freepside? I think about it alot but i don't like to group in pve unless i can dedicate my time to the group with no chance of having to leave. This happens almost never. Therefore i have **** gear and **** LI, and according to Luc i have no business being in the moors.

Stop grouping? No, i like grouping with my friends. Its my fav part of the moors. Besides i would just be victim to the same zerg tactics everyone else is complaining about.

Stop playing? Sorry, im not giving your whine that much power over me. I already shelved my warg because of it and i feel bad enough about that.

Im just a dude sitting at a laptop in northern Alberta trying to enjoy a comp game. What do you want me to do to make the moors better?

Seriously, W,T,F, do you want me to Do?
    Just wanted to bring this one back to the front since I agree with this post more than the rest of the goofy posts, you know which ones I'm talking about even though I only read but 3 or 4 lines if they were longer than that and had **** in them I moved to the next one.

By the way....all of you Freeps and Creeps who play Freeps that are denying there is not bickering and chest thumping going on....well I invite you to join a few of my groups when your Freeps cross the line to Creepside and admit that its much nicer Creepside, you guys are ruining your own side, even some of you that are Creepside have ruined Freepside. You have some PR work to do Freepside.

Massive freaking whining is what kills the freep side. Last night when the whiners left Umpsildor (sorry if I spelled the name wrong) took over, had us moving, doing guerilla tactics and having success against bands of creeps. When the zerg came, there was little that could be done about it beyond falling back, but many zergs were avoided by simply MOVING.

If you're a freep leader looking to go toe to toe on a night where the numbers are skewed terribly toward creep, you're going to meet defeat and frustration. I don't like dying, but it happens, and it happens often... that's part of the deal out on the Moors. How many times did Needle or JayLeno die last night, I watched them get ganked by our raid several times.

If you're getting pissed out there... do me a favor... don't spoil my night by whining over the mic. I don't want to hear it and I don't need to hear it. Log off... you're useless to the raid in that frame of mind and you're wasting my time and your own.

Ciao

Secret video footage outside of GV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmP...eature=related
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    secret Video Footage Outside Of Gv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdamp...eature=related
    Thank You For That Man... Funny!

As I've mentioned numerous times in this exact thread. It's not the mechanics it's how they're being utalized.

We've had an explosion of DR reavers on this server.

We've had an explosion of Spiders and those effects are severely hindering what freepside used to have as a strength.

Wargs as a collective have locked in on how to maximize their dps and it's VERY noticable. This was something that most champs, and some wargs, had worked out in the first few weeks. But now it's out there among the masses.

Creeps are ranked higher. We have a LOT more R9 Uruks now just due to natural ranking. But additionally due to the MASSIVE number of transfers becoming not just Landroval players but regulars. And the # of R5+ creeps is most 24-hour periods GREATER than the total sum of freeps. And in primetime it's even worse.

All the while freepside has been increasing it's new players, either new to the moors, or new to freepside. We've ranked some, but that has no impact to our strength. And we've PvE'd some but that too has had no impact to our strength.

Things are very different. If nothing else the transfers have swung the balance of play significantly. If not just the transfers then the transfers + the people from other servers rolling creeps. If not just the transfers and the people from other servers rolling creeps, then the net aggrigate of all the infamy that has flooded in and made the baseline of creepline power FAR higher than it was 6 months ago. There ARE significant and measurable effects to the average rank of creeps being higher. R5 is HUGE for most classes. R9 is borderline insane for many classes.

Ever fought in a ~10 v ~10 where 3-4 Uruk heals are used? I have.

If not ALL that, then the fact that the single greatest Minstrel ever to walk the Ettenmoors is now creepside. And not just creepside as a valiant opponent. But creepside believing that freeps suck and that we're somehow to blame for being frustrated.

It's changed. Oh yeah. It's changed.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Takvah View Post
    Massive freaking whining is what kills the freep side. Last night when the whiners left Umpsildor (sorry if I spelled the name wrong) took over, had us moving, doing guerilla tactics and having success against bands of creeps. When the zerg came, there was little that could be done about it beyond falling back, but many zergs were avoided by simply MOVING.

If you're a freep leader looking to go toe to toe on a night where the numbers are skewed terribly toward creep, you're going to meet defeat and frustration. I don't like dying, but it happens, and it happens often... that's part of the deal out on the Moors. How many times did Needle or JayLeno die last night, I watched them get ganked by our raid several times.

If you're getting pissed out there... do me a favor... don't spoil my night by whining over the mic. I don't want to hear it and I don't need to hear it. Log off... you're useless to the raid in that frame of mind and you're wasting my time and your own.

Ciao
    At least while I was in that raid, Up never dealt with the numbers we encountered before he took over. The mass of creeps had broken up and Up did a great job of taking advantage of that fact. But he was not fighting the odds we encountered before Ost or during Ost. Not when I was around. Maybe earlier he was...I don't know. But from what I saw things had settled down CONSIDERABLY after the creeps realized many freeps were logging.

Basically it was zerging small creep groups.

I don't support that as a viable solution to being zerged. It was roaming about always looking to run away. And that to me isn't fun.

13 hunters. That's what that raid peaked at. 13 hunters in a not full raid. I don't really feel the need to clarify further.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

<Stuff about tactics and players.>
    So uhhhh. How have mechanics for LotRO changed in the last 6 months?

It's the same game now as it was 6 months ago.

If people can play on other servers against just as many Creeps but at even higher average ranked Creeps, why can't you?

It's the same game, but the attitudes are different; even yours; even mine.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Moinuk, BA

How many Rank 9+ Reavers are actively playing on Landy these days?

And how often for that matter...I don't see an "explosion" of DR Reavers out there.
    [/CENTER]

The entire combat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujae View Post
    You have some PR work to do Freepside.
    Nothing giving Hunters a CJ that can be popped from stealth wouldn't fix...

Or you can just mute the person that is bugging you.
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

13 hunters. That's what that raid peaked at. 13 hunters in a not full raid. I don't really feel the need to clarify further.
    If you don't like the composition of your raid... dump out of it. Why don't you show some maturity? Instead of asking a mob of players to conform to your "standards" why not simply adhere to your own guidelines and leave? I don't want to hear the whining... and I suppose I could dump too but the fact is I am enjoying myself with the vast majority who aren't crying into their mics.

Last night was embarrassing to listen to. Thank God Up said, "Screw this, shut up and let's move out." He didn't know if the odds were changed or not, we just MOVED. There is no excuse for the whining, I don't care what the creeps are doing. Bud gets his head handed to him time and again and you can hear frustration from time to time, but the man knows the deal out there and adjusts his attitude accordingly.

I wish you would.

Or you can just mute the person that is bugging you.
    Point taken but it's tough to do when that person is leading the raid. It was pitiful.

If you don't like the composition of your raid... dump out of it. Why don't you show some maturity? Instead of asking a mob of players to conform to your "standards" why not simply adhere to your own guidelines and leave? I don't want to hear the whining... and I suppose I could dump too but the fact is I am enjoying myself with the vast majority who aren't crying into their mics.

Last night was embarrassing to listen to. Thank God Up said, "Screw this, shut up and let's move out." He didn't know if the odds were changed or not, we just MOVED. There is no excuse for the whining, I don't care what the creeps are doing. Bud gets his head handed to him time and again and you can hear frustration from time to time, but the man knows the deal out there and adjusts his attitude accordingly.

I wish you would.
    Upsildor has always been a good team player. And like I said earlier in this thread, we noticed the change once he took over.

Get more people like him and the ones in his raid last night teaming up with people like Simonmark/Grishtandush, we might get some real slugfests going out there!
    [/CENTER]

How many Rank 9+ Reavers are actively playing on Landy these days?

And how often for that matter...I don't see an "explosion" of DR Reavers out there.
    Dunno. I don't play prime times and I still see DR very often. And from different players.

I've had DR popped against me SOLO about 3 times yesterday. And maybe 3 when I wasn't solo. And I only played for 4 hours or so during the day.

I'm not sure. But I think that's a lot compared to how often I used to see it before. But then again, before the last patch DR wasn't as useful.
    [LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast