We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blue Line guardian block rating is abysmal after update 23

So at level 120, and with 92k block rating, I am only getting a 12.6% chance to block an attack. I feel that this is way way to low for that high of a block rating. It should be closer to 20% or even 25% block chance with that much block rating. That is a really big nerf to blue line guardians since we use or shield skills more often than not. And sadly they only activate if we block an attack. The guardian is quite broken at the moment as there is another well thought out and concise thread about it. But I feel the block rating for blue line guardians really needs to be adjusted up. I get that we have a skill that does initiate our other shield skills but we shouldn't have to rely on that skill just to be able to use our shield skills because our block chance is so low. That is the main reason we run blue line is so we can have a decent block chance. And we don't have that at the moment.

Since I just hit level 120 and have no idea what the new gear stats are ( except for the new legendary and incomparable gear I have from the hobbit presents ), the few pieces I have seen at the AH have little or no block rating on them. But I would need a block rating of 200k to even get anywhere near a decent block chance at the rate it is now. Please look into upping the block chance for us blue line guardians. Thanks.

92k isnt really much.

i'm sitting at approx. 150k unbuffed (still not fully geared).
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    So at level 120, and with 92k block rating, I am only getting a 12.6% chance to block an attack. I feel that this is way way to low for that high of a block rating. It should be closer to 20% or even 25% block chance with that much block rating. That is a really big nerf to blue line guardians since we use or shield skills more often than not. And sadly they only activate if we block an attack. The guardian is quite broken at the moment as there is another well thought out and concise thread about it. But I feel the block rating for blue line guardians really needs to be adjusted up. I get that we have a skill that does initiate our other shield skills but we shouldn't have to rely on that skill just to be able to use our shield skills because our block chance is so low. That is the main reason we run blue line is so we can have a decent block chance. And we don't have that at the moment.

Since I just hit level 120 and have no idea what the new gear stats are ( except for the new legendary and incomparable gear I have from the hobbit presents ), the few pieces I have seen at the AH have little or no block rating on them. But I would need a block rating of 200k to even get anywhere near a decent block chance at the rate it is now. Please look into upping the block chance for us blue line guardians. Thanks.
    are you aware of the changes a long time ago, that no one can anymore every have 20/25% block without panics, because bpe is now capped at 13% + traits and buffs?
    Years ago, it was at 25%+traits/buffs, but that led to avoidance being 85% in many cases, which required DEVs to make most relevant bossskills to ignore bpe as it would have been too easy, if tanks just bpe'd everything.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

You need 225k for T1 BPE cap and 232k for T2, for partial it is 450k and 457k however, it isn't linear, there is a significant amount of diminishing return and I don't think it is worth trying to push towards the cap. There are however, some significant chunks of block on some gear, the teal shield I have has 31,590 block rating on it.

My Guard isn't my primary character so his gearing is a long way off atm and I haven't actively chased BPE either and I currently have 141,286 block, 89,587 parry and 36,389 evade with Guardian's Ward up. This gives my guard 15% block, 21.7% partial and 44.4% partial DR. Parry is 13.4%, partial is 14.1% and DR is 34.6%. Evade is 3.6%, 5.2% partial and 25.5% DR.

With no real active investment I think it is okay. It will get better as we go up a few item tiers.