We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Feedback: New Player Tips for Lore-masters

Quote Originally Posted by whosjgalt View Post

You will also notice one is debuff against their fire mitigation (Benediction) versus "fan the flames" which is additional damage. Again, the use of the proper pet is the issue. I stated: 3. Choose pets for their skills: If you trait red (dps...fire) use the Eagle for "fan the flames." This will give you additional dps... not a mitigation against damage, as would the raven (however, the Raven a Beginning pet, and thus, available at much lower level than an Eagle).
    Benediction gives roughly 10% extra fire damage. Depending on how high your LM tact offense is, along with other legacies, benediction usually adds more dps than Fan the Flames could (because it's a cooldown skill, vs. a constant debuff). I spam benediction on my raven, and it's up something like 75-80% of the time fighting a mob. Yet, some mobs, eagle interrupts are much preferred to extra damage.

With thousands of hours playing my LM (my main), I just hope some of the tips above help our aspiring LMs. We NEED MORE LM's folks!

Pherenn
    You deserve a cookie! Thanks for playing!

Jaylaxel - 140 LM | Moiron - 140 Champ | Aedush - R5 Stalker

Thank you for your attempt to clarify: However, respectfully, you are mistaken. the Raven has a "Benediction" skill, not "fan the flames" skill.

You will also notice one is debuff against their fire mitigation (Benediction) versus "fan the flames" which is additional damage. Again, the use of the proper pet is the issue. I stated: 3. Choose pets for their skills: If you trait red (dps...fire) use the Eagle for "fan the flames." This will give you additional dps... not a mitigation against damage, as would the raven (however, the Raven a Beginning pet, and thus, available at much lower level than an Eagle).

Moreover, I was attempting to convey the message "use the right pet for the job." Further, as to the Mezzes; again, the concept is use them frequently, constantly, and always I'd rather get one off and have it broken, and still have at least 2 seconds of non-damage time from the mob.

Thanks for your attempt to "clarify" my message. I just hope our newcomers are not more confused.

With thousands of hours playing my LM (my main), I just hope some of the tips above help our aspiring LMs. We NEED MORE LM's folks!

Pherenn
    you seem to have misread my post. while i did get the names of the eagle and ravens skills mixed up, the raven stillhave a fire debuff, while the eagle provides a fear when a mob is under the effect of burning embers.

mezzes:was trying to corrct the part where you said a mob could NOT be mezzed when the 10 second stun immunity is up, while mob CAN be mezzed with this immunity up. i agree with using them as much as possible, even if they are going to be broken, because as you said that will be 1 or 2 seconds of the mob not hitting you.

asthis is a thread to help newer players, i will provide a tip that has helped me a lot. on boss fights, the bear can be very useful. not only for the ability to force tanut if things go bad, but for the 30 seconds of +10% ranged and melee damage. if there is more than 1 lore-master using the bear, try to coordinate to keep the debuff up as much as possible.
    Lugbur

Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    you seem to have misread my post. while i did get the names of the eagle and ravens skills mixed up, the raven stillhave a fire debuff, while the eagle provides a fear when a mob is under the effect of burning embers.
    I apologize if you believe I misread your post, and thank you for agreeing the use proper use of the Raven is a debuff and not dps. However, I must respectfully disagree as to your characterization of the much maligned Eagle [added for emphasis: "merely"] providing a fear: It is a debuff and DPS. Indeed, the Eagle skill, "fan the flames" skill does far more than a "fear"; it "takes advantage of an enemy who is under burning embers and hurts them grievously by stirring up the flames causing them to run in panic and "causes the mob to flee in fear " while doing 206-242 in fire damage. Thus, fan the flames dps helps and the fleeing is great to keep mobs at a distance.

This is especially so when combined with the use of tar for an additional 10% fire mitigation from the mob and when used with the appropriate circles of warding knowledge, the Eagle can be devastating.

Each pet has its own uses and the proper use thereof can be the difference between being the Nuker or the Nukee .

If I can help you, ask.

Pherenn, 65 LM, Pherburg (60ish), Phermin (60ish), Pherhuntress (60ish), Pherkeeper (60ish) Pherunter, Pherchamp, Pherguardo, and others too numerous to count... lol
    Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; Beta Player, Former member: Player Council; Lover of all things Lotro; If I can help you...ask.

I think most of these tips are covered by previous posters, but one more tip I'll put.

I know a poster said work on leechcraft (Proof against all ills) trait ASAP, but work on your other class traits as well as soon as you get them. Once you start to acquire class traits, you can trait them as you gain levels and start to learn the trait lines and what each line can and can't do for you. Keeper of Animals is good for pet buffs, buffs in combat, faster and more powerful healing. Ancient master improves your crowd control, debuffs, and increases the potency of power of knowledge and ancient wisdom. Finally Master of Nature's Fury increases your damage potency, cooldowns, and power/morale cost for your DPS skills. You can mix and match trait lines and see what works best for you. Also, when you group, don't be afraid to find a trait set for grouping that works well for you.

Since this isn't posted yet:

(From the LOTRO wiki)

One mob pull: if facing one target mob surrounded by adds that are likely to assist, a cunning Lore-master can manage to fight just the one mob, and not any of the adds.

Start out by casting Blinding Flash on the mob from the maximum possible distance, then turn around and run. Once the adds have stopped pursuing you, return. After 30s have passed the mezzed mob will be free and will attack you -- but the adds will not follow.

Quote Originally Posted by SerowLOTRO View Post
    One mob pull: if facing one target mob surrounded by adds that are likely to assist, a cunning Lore-master can manage to fight just the one mob, and not any of the adds. Start out by casting Blinding Flash on the mob from the maximum possible distance, then turn around and run. Once the adds have stopped pursuing you, return. After 30s have passed the mezzed mob will be free and will attack you -- but the adds will not follow.
    Great comments! However, if you don't mind, I would add a little to that wonderful Lore Master strategy:

Blinding Flash against one target: Even when fighting just one target it can be useful to use Blinding Flash. In the 30 seconds that pass you can use Inner Flame to heal, or wait until your Light of the Rising Dawn cooldown is up. Worse comes to worst: Run. Be careful not to leave Burning Embers or any DOTs (Damage over time) on the target, as that will break the mezz. Thus, after you mezz (Blinding flash is also called a Mezz (for "Mesmerize")) the target, and while his adds reset, you can heal yourself for any damage while waiting for him to come out of mezz.

Remember: Your mezz is one of your best attacks. You can keep a mob mezzed all day long while you and your group heal, buff or debuff. Don't rush a fight: Crowd control (CC) as much as possible; this way, you, not the mobs, dictate the speed of the encounter.
    Pherenn, Phermin, Pherkeeper, Phertain, Pherhuntress, Pherhunter, Pherburg, and too many others to track. Lotro Featured Player 2011; Beta Player, Former member: Player Council; Lover of all things Lotro; If I can help you...ask.

Here a trick to work 4 targets with Call to the Valar.

Stun one target hit Call to the Valar and stun a secondary target. Set your pet on a third Target and you take care of the 4 Target. Hopefuly when you finish off the 4th Target The Frist target will attack you. restun the Secondary Target Heal your pet. If you get 3 of the 4 Targets down and you use a bear have it draw aggro from the last Target. Then use Inner flame for both Pet and self heal and finish the Battle.

Thank you for your attempt to clarify: However, respectfully, you are mistaken. the Raven has a "Benediction" skill, not "fan the flames" skill.

Moreover, I was attempting to convey the message "use the right pet for the job." Further, as to the Mezzes; again, the concept is use them frequently, constantly, and always I'd rather get one off and have it broken, and still have at least 2 seconds of non-damage time from the mob.

Thanks for your attempt to "clarify" my message. I just hope our newcomers are not more confused.

Pherenn
    Actually,

The raven reduces the enemy's fire mitigation, it does not increase yours. So if you are going red and want to increase your DPS, Raven with benediction of the raven would be the way to go.

Fan the flames DPS is really laughable. It has 1m cooldown. 300 or so damage every minute is not a big damaging skill. The big purpose of fan the flames is the fear effect.

The benediction of the raven obliterates any mob's resistance to fire, efectively increase every fire damage by 5-10% on top of what sticky tar already does.

Even 5% extra damage from fire skills > 300 or so damage every minute by a long shot. Specially on bigger fights.

This is especially so when combined with the use of tar for an additional 10% fire mitigation from the mob and when used with the appropriate circles of warding knowledge, the Eagle can be devastating.
    l
    Warding knowledge only affects tactical skills. Fan the flames is a melee skill (has stated on the tooltip) so its useless on the eagle's attacks...
    Last edited by Galahadur; Sep 29 2010 at 06:12 AM.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Post Re: Feedback: New Player Tips for Lore-masters

This should be required reading for anyone who wants to properly fulfill their role in a group:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/A_Bas...or_Fellowships

I've noticed that many players who do not understand what a LM can do can unravel a lot of the LM benefits - this is particularly true with mez. How many times has a trigger happy hunter ruined a set up!? I think an important aspect of this class when grouping is to try to impart what the LM can do to the group.

The reverse is also true: the LM has to be aware of skills of other classes - for instance many Champ skills inflict damage on multiple bad guys, so sending a mez at a mob in melee combat with a Champ isn't the best use of the mez.

*Always use blinding flash. If theres 3 mobs, use it on the strongest mob.
    *A bear can save your life. Don't forget its Forced Attack skill, can save you when getting beat badly.
    *Against tougher mobs, debuff! Your debuffs are powerful. -30% Melee damage, -50% ranged damage and longer attack durations are very handy.
    *Don't be scared for your bear, he's tougher than you think. Always have him tank for you.

MAJOR
    *Don't just randomly cast sign of battle wizardy. When you hear a noise, similar to one when you get a tell, cast it. You then will get a nice bit of morale healed.

Here's a slightly more advanced tip for higher level LM's.

I dunno if this has been previously covered, or if there's a name for the tactic, but if you're DPS spec I highly recommend you learn to use your Improved Sticky Gourd effectively. This is a tactic I call "Gourding". Amazing, I know.

Simply put, for each target ISG hits, it puts a small fire patch on the ground. this means with 5 targets, you can have 5 patches of fire on the ground. Each patch is treated separately, however your enemy cannot have more than one patch giving it damage at a time.

Why would this be useful, then, if only one of them hits the enemy at once? If your enemy walks out of one patch, and into another, they take both INITIAL damage from the DoT, as well as the first tick of damage.

Again, why would this be useful? Let's say you're fighting... oh I dunno, the 16 crebain at the end of the Library at Tham Mirdain instance. Dropping ISG makes 5 puddles, and burns all the crebain. Now, granted they're all on you, all you need to do is kite in circles around your fire patches, and they take damage from each patch they step on.

Now take this out of an instance. Some people say that DPS LM's aren't able to deal with multi-mob pulls as well as CC spec or KoA spec LM's. While this is true in many regards, Gourding allows you to be able to deal with a multi-mob pull. Pulled three too many wargs? Didn't think that group was linked together? Have no fear, Gourding can be your best asset (Other than a Cracked Earth to root the targets.)

---

That being said, Rooting is your best CC if you are MoNF spec. Unless the mob is ranged (Wind-Lore should be your instant counter!), you can Cracked Earth / Herb-Lore down your enemies, so they can't reach you. It lasts 30 seconds (so long as you or they don't break it), and lets you pull one at a time, until you are nice and ready to deal with them all. Stunning an enemy will cure the root, so feel free to pull via a quick stun (Light of the Rising Dawn), or just by doing damage.

Another tip: Remember Cracked Earth has a delayed root. Keep an eye on your already-rooted target's Tooltips. If they're going to break free of the root in 9 or less seconds, recast Cracked Earth. (5 or less seconds if you're AM traited.) When they break free, they'll be rooted right after!

This is supposed to be a guide for beginners but most of it means nothing to me because I don't know what "AM" or "DP" etc. stands for.

I have this same problem with nearly every other LOTRO guide I look at. I can't use them because there's nowhere to look up the acronyms that I can find.

Is there a guide to all these acronyms that I can look them up in?

Ah, sorry, I thought I covered most of the ones I used in my post!

So here's a small (albeit probably not finished) list of acronyms and terms that are useful for new Lore-Masters.

AC: Ancient Craft - A debuff that reduces the enemy's armor rating (allowing all attacks to hit harder), and is also a prerequisite to be able to use Lightning Storm.
    Aggro - A "hidden counter" that AI uses to determine who it will attack. All attacks, heals, and most other skills will draw a certain, set amount of "aggro", and this factor added up determines who has the most "aggression" of the monster. Note: Grim-type monsters (floating elementals) have INVERSE aggro: instead of attacking the main target on the aggro list, they will skip them and attack the second target.
    AM - Ancient Master trait line, the traits with the yellow border. These traits are Crowd Control oriented.
    Capstone - These are your Legendary traits that require you to spec 5 traits of one line, in order to be able to equip. These are: Force of Will, Improved Sticky Gourd, and Friend of Nature
    CC - Crowd Control; The ability to take a group of usually unmanageable enemies, and reduce it to an encounter that can be finished (with your side still standing). This encompasses Dazes and Debuffing, as well as general knowledge of how to handle an encounter.
    Dazes - A character/enemy state in which you cannot move, attack, or use skills. Damage will instantly break a "Dazed" state, including damage from skills that inflict Damage over Time.
    Debuffing - Reducing your enemies' ability, making it harder for them to deal damage, or easier for your group to deal damage. May also be known as "weakening" or "stripping".
    DoT - Damage over Time. Damage that is not immediate, but instead hits the enemy multiple times over a given period of time.
    DPS - Damage Per Second; a look at how much damage you can dish out over a given amount of time.
    Flanked! - A Lore-Master only mechanic, which unlocks "hidden abilities" of the following skills: Improved Staff Strike, Sign of Power: Wizardry / Wizard's Fire, Staff Sweep.
    HoT - Heal over Time ; while the Lore-Master only has one HoT (Inner Flame, and it's marginally useful), this is a term that you'll come across when dealing with others.
    ISG: Improved Sticky Gourd ; Your red Capstone Legendary Trait, deals moderate fire damage and places burning patches on the ground.
    Kiting - Staying OUT of melee range of your target through constant motion. Kind of like how a kite stays aloft because it's constantly being pushed up by wind.
    KoA - Keeper of Animals; this is your trait line that is surrounded by a blue border, mostly oriented around buffing, or supporting your pets and your fellowship.
    LM - Lore-Master. This is you!
    LS - Lightning Storm ; A Lore-Master's most brilliant skill, calling down three lightning-bolts on their enemy. The enemy must be subject to Ancient Craft before this skill can be used.
    Mez - Short for "mesmerize", they are known in the LOTRO tooltips as "Dazes". See "Dazes".
    MoNF - Master of Nature's Fury; This is your trait line that is surrounded by a red border, they are DPS oriented.
    Pulling - When you take a monster that is not currently attacking you or your fellowship, and cause it to join the fray (usually via a ranged skill). Also known as "grabbing", "tapping", or "aggroing"
    SoP:R - Sign of Power Righteousness ; A buff that makes you immune to all stuns and knockdowns (Cowering via Dread still takes effect, however), and also cures any stuns (except Fellowship / Warband Manoevures), and silences too!
    SoW:R / SoW:P - Sign of Wild: Rage, or Sign of Wild: Protection ; your pet buffs. Rage increases your pet's threat and lowers their attack duration, protection raises their defences, and may also be traited to offer other defence boosts.
    SS - Staff Strike / Staff Sweep ; Your two Melee skills, each with their own special uses. Staff sweep restores Power over Time when used on a Flanked! Target.
    PoT - Power over Time ; Mostly food items, and TP bought items will give you a Power over Time heal, however Staff Sweep on a Flanked! target will also give you a small PoT heal.
    ISS - Improved Staff Strike ; Staff Strike, with the Master of the Staff Class Trait equipped. Deals additional damage on a flanked enemy (Damage is always light based), and has a higher chance to crit, as well as being able to stun when the attack crits.
    Tick - Each packet of damage of a DoT. For example, if a skill does 100-200 Damage every 3 seconds, for 30 seconds, that single instance of 100-200 damage is called a "tick".

Unfinished. I know. But that's all I could think off of the top of my head.
    Last edited by GajiroKeiji; Jan 11 2011 at 07:08 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Feedback: New Player Tips for Lore-masters

[QUOTE=whosjgalt;4809492]As an LM with almost 5000 hours playing just my LM, here's a few tips I use constantly:
    heh just proves skill isnt gained by playing a million hours

Keep your pets on a leash. Aggressive stance and even Guarding stance can cause you pet to aggro far more mobs than you indend to. Keeping it on passive and having it attack only what you tell it to works out much better for you and for anyone you group with. They will chase fleeing mobs and that can cause them to aggro even more mobs in the process.

Even if you prefer not to play with pets, keep one out and on Passive/No Assist so you still have access to Inner Flame to heal yourself.

Blinding Flash is your friend.

[QUOTE=robertpaulson;5144415]
    As an LM with almost 5000 hours playing just my LM, here's a few tips I use constantly:
    heh just proves skill isnt gained by playing a million hours
    Heh, so true. I have 3 months (around 2200 hours) and i know everything there is to know about lm's!!

Also thank you to galahadur for explainging the mistakes in whosjgalt posts. Posts like his/hers will confuse newer players.

As for some advice, if you use the eagles fear, be careful to not let the mob stray into other mobs as, if the feared mob strays too close, there is a chance the unaggrod mobs will be brought back along with the original mob.

Also, now that lm's have 2 melee attacks, if you were hesitant before, go ahead and jump intomelee for a bit, even if it is only when they are off cooldown. One warning though, staff sweep is an aoe, so you have to be careful around mez'd mobs especially.
    Lugbur

Quote Originally Posted by GajiroKeiji View Post
    Ah, sorry, I thought I covered most of the ones I used in my post!

So here's a small (albeit probably not finished) list of acronyms and terms that are useful for new Lore-Masters.

AC: Ancient Craft - A debuff that reduces the enemy's armor rating (allowing all attacks to hit harder), and is also a prerequisite to be able to use Lightning Storm.
    Aggro - A "hidden counter" that AI uses to determine who it will attack. All attacks, heals, and most other skills will draw a certain, set amount of "aggro", and this factor added up determines who has the most "aggression" of the monster. Note: Grim-type monsters (floating elementals) have INVERSE aggro: instead of attacking the main target on the aggro list, they will skip them and attack the second target.
    AM - Ancient Master trait line, the traits with the yellow border. These traits are Crowd Control oriented.
    Capstone - These are your Legendary traits that require you to spec 5 traits of one line, in order to be able to equip. These are: Force of Will, Improved Sticky Gourd, and Force of Will
    CC - Crowd Control; The ability to take a group of usually unmanageable enemies, and reduce it to an encounter that can be finished (with your side still standing). This encompasses Dazes and Debuffing, as well as general knowledge of how to handle an encounter.
    Dazes - A character/enemy state in which you cannot move, attack, or use skills. Damage will instantly break a "Dazed" state, including damage from skills that inflict Damage over Time.
    Debuffing - Reducing your enemies' ability, making it harder for them to deal damage, or easier for your group to deal damage. May also be known as "weakening" or "stripping".
    DoT - Damage over Time. Damage that is not immediate, but instead hits the enemy multiple times over a given period of time.
    DPS - Damage Per Second; a look at how much damage you can dish out over a given amount of time.
    Flanked! - A Lore-Master only mechanic, which unlocks "hidden abilities" of the following skills: Improved Staff Strike, Sign of Power: Wizardry / Wizard's Fire, Staff Sweep.
    HoT - Heal over Time ; while the Lore-Master only has one HoT (Inner Flame, and it's marginally useful), this is a term that you'll come across when dealing with others.
    ISG: Improved Sticky Gourd ; Your red Capstone Legendary Trait, deals moderate fire damage and places burning patches on the ground.
    Kiting - Staying OUT of melee range of your target through constant motion. Kind of like how a kite stays aloft because it's constantly being pushed up by wind.
    KoA - Keeper of Animals; this is your trait line that is surrounded by a blue border, mostly oriented around buffing, or supporting your pets and your fellowship.
    LM - Lore-Master. This is you!
    LS - Lightning Storm ; A Lore-Master's most brilliant skill, calling down three lightning-bolts on their enemy. The enemy must be subject to Ancient Craft before this skill can be used.
    Mez - Short for "mesmerize", they are known in the LOTRO tooltips as "Dazes". See "Dazes".
    MoNF - Master of Nature's Fury; This is your trait line that is surrounded by a red border, they are DPS oriented.
    Pulling - When you take a monster that is not currently attacking you or your fellowship, and cause it to join the fray (usually via a ranged skill). Also known as "grabbing", "tapping", or "aggroing"
    SoP:R - Sign of Power Righteousness ; A buff that makes you immune to all stuns and knockdowns (Cowering via Dread still takes effect, however), and also cures any stuns (except Fellowship / Warband Manoevures), and silences too!
    SoW:R / SoW:P - Sign of Wild: Rage, or Sign of Wild: Protection ; your pet buffs. Rage increases your pet's threat and lowers their attack duration, protection raises their defences, and may also be traited to offer other defence boosts.
    SS - Staff Strike / Staff Sweep ; Your two Melee skills, each with their own special uses. Staff sweep restores Power over Time when used on a Flanked! Target.
    PoT - Power over Time ; Mostly food items, and TP bought items will give you a Power over Time heal, however Staff Sweep on a Flanked! target will also give you a small PoT heal.
    ISS - Improved Staff Strike ; Staff Strike, with the Master of the Staff Class Trait equipped. Deals additional damage on a flanked enemy (Damage is always light based), and has a higher chance to crit, as well as being able to stun when the attack crits.
    Tick - Each packet of damage of a DoT. For example, if a skill does 100-200 Damage every 3 seconds, for 30 seconds, that single instance of 100-200 damage is called a "tick".

Unfinished. I know. But that's all I could think off of the top of my head.
    By far the most helpful tip for a new player of ANY class! I've printed your post out and can now go back and see if any one else's "tips" made any sense 'cause before having the acronyms to decode what was being proffered as tips for new players, they didn't. Cudos to understanding the frustrations of a "new player"!

I know I missed a lot, but glad you liked it. :P I'll add more as I can think of them.

The suggestions on this thread about skills and strategies are good. I'm going to get even more basic for players who are new to LOTRO and the Lore-master.

1. If you like spell casters/pets/mesmers, the LM can work if you don't give up. Be patient.

I'm new to LOTRO. In the beginning I was surprised how weak a new LM was compared to the spell casters I played in Diablo 1&2 and Guild Wars. Hang in there.
    - Your goal is to get your character to level 25+ when defense and attacks become stronger. How to do that?

2. Look up Lore-master guides (on this website) or check out those on YouTube. Seeing videos of LMs helped me a lot (especially those by Dongraman about pets and crowd control).
    3. Ask other players to come along to assist with tough quests.
    4. One way to make your new LM do better solo is getting your level up quickly (to get your level ahead of the level of the quests you need to do).
    - Doing skirmishes is a way to easily get more XP. For instance try "The Siege of Gondamon" and stay near the hero Mathi and you should be fine.
    5. Do easier quests first (such as delivering pies and mail in the Shire) before taking on tough enemies.
    6. As you level up, learn about traits and getting better armor/items which boost your morale/health.

* Again, the LM can be a lot of fun for those of you who like this kind of spell caster. I'm now at level 34 and I am really enjoying my character.

Last edited by bb-15; Jan 06 2011 at 03:51 AM.

Oh here's another term.

LoS - Line of Sight ; Basically, if you can't see something, you can't hit it, right?

WRONG.

A select few of the Lore-Master's skills will work as long as they START the channel / FINISH the induction while your enemy is in line of sight. This is more useful in PvMP since most monsters in PvE won't run away from you just because you're channeling at them. The most notable is your power drain. You can start this, and if an enemy runs behind a pillar, you'll continue to drain their power.

This also works with your skills that have stupidly long animations. Test of Will and March of the Ents probably come to mind, because after their induction finishes it still takes a few seconds for the damage to register. So long as your induction bar FINISHES, while your little beam is firing or the ent is stomping, an enemy can still move. If they go behind a tree, they'll still get hit by the attack.

Here's another tip that I gave out in another thread.

Try using the following:

/shortcut 12 /f "I'm mezzing my target, ;target! Don't break it please!"

What this does is that it will display the broadcasted message in your fellowship chat, and the ;target function will substitute your current target (if you're targeting yourself, you'll say you're about to mez yourself. ). It's a neat way to tell your fellowship what you're mezzing, because a) Some people don't use voice chat, b) Many people have problems with the in-game voice being rather... horrid, and c) You can say that you have proof that you told that annoying champ NOT to AoE around your target. :P

Of course, personally, I like giving voice cues-- they're faster, and as a Lore-Master I have a LOT of buttons on my hotbar, so I usually don't have much to spare. Still, it's food for thought.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...wbie-LMs-(1-25)

Read this! Great stuffs.

Really out-dated though...
    Last edited by Peartree; Jan 26 2011 at 04:18 PM.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001c22fb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hello Dev's and GM's.

I just started playing on Friday, the only thing that I want to suggest is the cool downs on 3 things be shorter.

my bad I had somehting on this line about blinding flash, then I realized Burning Embers is a dot and I was usiing it wrong.

Test Of Will - really a hole minute, come on... ( I still stand by this )

and now, the melee attacks...

Why the hell does a squishy have an AOE melee attack ? reduce the CD on melee and make them single target only ( or at least make the aoe worth it when im getting mobbed and all those interupts are preventing me from casting this swpie does NOTHING at least add a push back effect) or give a swipe type of attack to our pet I mean honestly , a melee aoe on class that stacks everything else but morale? Hey guys let me pull aggro ill be fine gandalph said so.
    Last edited by wowisdead; Apr 26 2011 at 06:35 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast