We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

scholar's guild bug or not?

So my situation is a bit grim. my scholar's guild rep is stuck 6500 into the artisan tier. I have met with admin's and they think it is a bug...i think it might be more user error

Here's my scholar credentials:
    1. completed intro to scholarship and introduction to scholar's guild quests
    2. titles of: westfold master scholar, eastement master farmer
    3. create and turn in artisan, expert, etc. rep scrolls without rep registering to scholar's guild faction
    4. have no available quests from novice or expert scholar vendors (aka no question mark above their heads)
    5. 0 weaponsmith experience

Any ideas why can't i move past 6.5k artisan rep?!?!?!?! It is driving me nuts!

Please reply to thread, pst gonzoo on brandywine or email akwallis@gmail.com for solutions.

Thank you

As far as I can remember, to move from artisan to expert you need to speak to the master of guilds (or whatever it's called) which will give the quest for the superior study in Rivendell. Completing this will open up expert tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Waggleton View Post
    As far as I can remember, to move from artisan to expert you need to speak to the master of guilds (or whatever it's called) which will give the quest for the superior study in Rivendell. Completing this will open up expert tier.
    That is moving through the crafting proficiencies, not the guild ranks. Oh boy did they create more confusion when they renamed those ranks to names from the crafting tiers...

As for the OP: Just to be absolutely clear - I assume your reputation panel says something like: "Artisan of the Guild 6 500 / 45 000" ?

Are you right-clicking the rep items to consume them, or trying to turn them in to the NPC?

(need to get the obvious question out of the way)

response

Yes, that is what the artisan guild panel says.

No, I am not receiving rep from anything I do. Neither for creating the scrolls, nor turning grouped scrolls in to the scholar guild leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintis44 View Post
    Yes, that is what the artisan guild panel says.

No, I am not receiving rep from anything I do. Neither for creating the scrolls, nor turning grouped scrolls in to the scholar guild leader.
    Exactly - you get the rep by right-clicking (consuming) the scrolls, not creating them or turning them in for upgrades.

But if you got as far as you did, I would think you had already been doing this... so I'm unsure what's wrong.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000102c75/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The Grumbletook Gang: Golgothor/Hathanil/Rovold/Lumbold/Erverk/Djian/Duirant/Stilthain

I will try right clicking, but like Charlie said I should be past Artisan with all the scrolls my elf has crafted.

Have you ever heard of faction rep resets, or bugs similar to this being fixed on an individual basis? ANY further troubleshooting tips would be ggrrrrreat!

I am taking a guess that the OP gained artisan with the guild in the old days when these items needed to be turned in to the guild leader, and now he/she is coming back to the game and not realized the items can be right-clicked.

http://archive.lotro.com/gameinfo/de...eveloper-diary

Too true. I prepared enough scrolls to become Grand master with the guild. Oh, how the little things have changed. I feel as brainless as an uruk hai. Thank you again to everyone for the help!