We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Forester processing time in Galtrev

Quick query regarding an oddity I've found - I have several crafting alts and quite often I bring them to Galtrev as it's a centered place with all the stations and guilds.

My level 40 warden who is my forester/prospector conversion mule was processing some materials for me the other day when I discovered something curious.

In Galtrev :
    Average time to process any ingot of metal = ~7 seconds
    Average time to process any type of wood = ~60 seconds
    Average time to process any kind of leather = ~60 seconds

In Bree (or my kinship hall w/ crafting stations):
    Average time to process any type of metal = ~7 seconds
    Average time to process any type of wood = ~7 seconds
    Average time to process any type of leather = ~7 seconds

Now, I can't test this with my 105 character as she only prospects and her conversion time for metals is again, ~7 seconds, so does anyone else have a Galtrev accessible forester who could check the times on conversion for me?

That is an undocumented feature. If you are crafting in an area way above your level, crafting slows down badly.

Plus you found a bug: ingot processing should be just as slow as the others.

If only they'd put a Galtrev-like guild-hall on the back of Three Farrow in Bree, this would all be moot. They got so close to making it perfect, and missed it by *that much*.

Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    That is an undocumented feature. If you are crafting in an area way above your level, crafting slows down badly.

Plus you found a bug: ingot processing should be just as slow as the others.
    This was what I assumed, but the ingot processing threw me completely.

Also, (not directed at you) I'd like to state for the record that this 'feature' is completely and utterly ridiculous. Why on earth would one workbench/forge/whatever be harder to use than another? It's not like low level crafting alts don't already get penalised enough? "Oh, your main just unlocked faction so you can buy recipe X? That's cool. But don't give it to your alt, because it's still faction locked to even scribe it."