We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Re: ABC Player for LotRO

BTW, I found a solution to my issue and fixed it.

I just needed to turn back audio acceleration from the DxDiag panel (I was testing and troubleshooting for a game malfunction and forgot I disabled the audio accel).

MSVCR100.dll Is Missing

I'm getting an error message that MSVCR100.dll is missing from my computer, it is Win 7 x64. I downloaded/installed the C++ Redist for 2005, 2008 & 2010 x64 w/ no luck. When I dismiss the missing dll error window I get a message from ABCPlayer that 'Java failed to start' I'm running Java 7 Update 5.

Any idea where to go from here?

Thanks.

I had the same problem...

I followed DennyMala's fix and it worked beautifully, and it plays the files with no jerking or sputtering from what I can tell.
    Copy
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\MSVCR100.d ll
    to
    C:\Program Files\ABC Player
    and you should be good to go.

A couple of differences I have found

The ABC Player reads the note information {accidental notename octave} as a whole, where as in-game the information is read {accidental notename} octave. It was some time ago when I discovered this, I was working with the wonderful key of Gb, so had some flat Cs (which become Bs of course), but was getting different results playing the song in the Player to the game. Since the game would read the Cb notes as B and then the octave it was telling me that _c' was too high, since it was reading it as b'. On the other end of the scale, there were some _C, I missed changing before making the ABC file which actually played in game (as B, ~ an octave higher than it should technically have been), but resulted in an error with the Player as it should have done, since the pitch was actually B,,
    I know it might not matter the majority of the time (seriously, was fun working with Gb but I don't think I'll be rushing to do so again ), but thought it was an interesting thing I discovered.

I know others have mentioned elsewhere that you need to have the K field for minor keys actually have the full word 'minor', but the Player recognises the abbreviation 'm' (I think 'min' too, but can't remember for sure). I got a horrible shock when something that sounded wonderful in the Player sounded horrendous in-game, because it was missing the correct accidentals. It was the first time I'd worked with a minor key for an ABC file, and while I probably won't have the same issue in future as I'll make sure to note the key as 'minor' I thought it was also something of note of how the Player operates differently with files than the game does.
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

Pibgorn support is finally here with ABC Player 1.3.0, for you pibgorn fan(s)! (Not sure if there's more than one of you.)

There are several pibgorn notes that are still broken in the game (play the wrong pitch). ABC Player will mimic those incorrect notes, so the preview should sound similar to how it sounds in the game. The notes with incorrect pitches are: C2, C#2, A#2, G#4, A#4.

This version also adds "Solo" buttons to easily mute all-but-one track at a time, and a few other minor tweaks. Enjoy!
    Digero Guardian | Digrim Burglar | Defenders of the Mithril Halls Officer
    Maestro - Convert MIDI files to ABC
    ABC Player - Preview ABC files as they sound in LOTRO

Yay, grand! I have missed having those options, so this is quite lovely indeed. Thank yer!
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Thumbs up

Thanks, Digero! So very glad to see you're still working on the ABC Player and I shall be sure to alert my band-mates - especially Bruzo who is one of the few people I know daring enough to incorporate the pibgorn! How he did it before now I'll never know, but I'm sure he'll be thrilled to find it in your abc player. Thanks for creating that tool. It's a great thing. I sometimes use it just to listen to tunes while I'm hunting.
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    ============================== =
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong
    to his immediate kin."...."Little Big Man"....Thomas Berger

Thanks for this update Digero - I know RKO really appreciates it - if I had to guess, probably a full quarter of our songs make use of those extra dynamics specifiers!

And now I can listen to my pibgorn pieces without having to hide.
    Rathinosk (Champion) • Rathlaer (Minstrel) • Rathdhae (Burglar) • Rathveleg (Warden)
    Rathgash (Stalker) • Rathlhingril (Weaver) • Rathurzu (Warleader)
    Officer of the Runic Knights, Transcriber for the Runic Knights Orchestra (RKO)

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for a great update to a great LOTRO music tool that I use all the time.

You rock Digero!
    Last edited by Phede; Jul 21 2013 at 03:39 PM.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][color=#BFBFBF][I]Phede's mini minnie army: [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Phedelene[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Netteellen[/color], [color=#FFFFFF]Ledepeter[/color][I] and [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Amorph[/color].
    [I]Proud member of [/I][url='http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/'][color=#FFFFFF]Andúnië[/color][/url][I] and the [/I][color=#FFFFFF]Greenway Band[/color].
    [I]A small collection of Phedelene's original music (ABC's and MP3's) on [/I][url='http://sdrv.ms/ZMMwsA'][color=#FFFFFF]SkyDrive[/color][/url].[/color][/SIZE]

[color=#FFFFFF][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF BIRDS.[/FONT][/SIZE][/color]
    [/LEFT]

I don't know if I ever chipped in my 2 coppers, but I thought I would do so now (possibly again). As one who has been making songs for the game since the very beginning, I want to thank Digero for his remarkable work and for providing us with his invaluable tools for creating music for the game.

In the past, I wrote abc songs by hand in Notepad. Then, a friend of mine made me a program not unlike Digero's that let me combine abc tracks. That meant converting midi files to abc track by track, recombining the resulting abcs into one file, then manually editing all the errors out. Took a LONG time, let me tell you.

Then I tried Digero's converter. It was so much easier, and my production of music increased tenfold. I wouldn't have been able to do it without Digero's work. Thank you very, very much Digero.
    Skjald of Rohan, Minstrel, Captain of Rohan

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

Smile

Hi, Do u know if there a version for macbook as well?

Question

Does this need to be updated, for latest JAVA release? I installed, and Maestro says I need JAVA version 7 (32 bit or later) ???
    Asplane. Cousin of Isoebel and [i]Kin to The Band Played On[/i].
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001a023b/01003/signature.png]Dinhador[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Asplane View Post
    Does this need to be updated, for latest JAVA release? I installed, and Maestro says I need JAVA version 7 (32 bit or later) ???
    Did you install a 32-bit Java, as it's said on the Download page?
    Maestro and ABC Player require Java (32-bit)
    Spotte nicht über einen Zwerg, der einen Schritt zurück macht – er könnte Anlauf holen.
    Spotte nicht über einen Hobbit, der einen Schritt zurück macht – er könnte Auflauf holen.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7