We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Re: Ettenmoors Community Blog: Thursday, 7/22/10

Quote Originally Posted by Singspike22 View Post
    But it doesn't happen, and not through any fault of the players, for the most part. So many classes have so many directions they can go that people these days are confused to what their role even IS.

I "strenuously object" to your statement (nickel for anyone who gets the reference).

I think freeps know. I think they choose not to play their roles. I sometimes am a guardian. I know full well to be protecting the healers. I just choose not to. One night I stuck to SWing Jane exclusively when in her group and we lived a LOOOOOOONG time.

• Hunters know they can cure poisons and fear.
    • LMs know they can SI
    • Burgs know they can Addle.
    The problem is that we get ~lazy~ and want to chill in the Moors and do what we want. PvE is so serioz cat that some people get sick of doing their "jobs" and want to go blow **it up. Then when we get hot sticky prison loving we come in here and blame the creeps.

When we were in Isen last night, Jimmycake-1 (gd transfers) asked the raid what we could do better from the engagement before. I gave some of my ideas and watched them get ignored. People wanna RawrFearPewPewShingShing stuff (myself included) and it causes us to wipe.

Folks over-think too much.

I had fun the last few nights. Even got some fellow n00bish kinnies to come out and n00b it up together. Great fun had by all.

I was a little sad when somebody came out and ruined our Man-Warg love-fest at GV.

Heck, someday I might actually try to lead a raid for the purposes of NOT trying to die as quickly as possible.

(and no Grumpy, I still don't think the dev time is worth it if it costs me a fancy LOTRO Store Mount being made!)

Hence the suggestion that a buff for RK/Mini was only available when fully traited for heals.

Traited for DPS they would stay as squishy and tasty as they are now.

However, I agree that giving them a buff isnt the best answer. A better solution is to get support classes back into the habit of SUPPORTING and not DPS'ing.

I can see where people want to DPS though. On Father there were nights I just didnt want to heal I wanted to nuke the living snot out of creeps. And while I find healing to be a huge challenge that I enjoy........there are times you just really dont want to stare at green bars anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    Folks over-think too much.

I had fun the last few nights. Even got some fellow n00bish kinnies to come out and n00b it up together. Great fun had by all.

I was a little sad when somebody came out and ruined our Man-Warg love-fest at GV.

Heck, someday I might actually try to lead a raid for the purposes of NOT trying to die as quickly as possible.

(and no Grumpy, I still don't think the dev time is worth it if it costs me a fancy LOTRO Store Mount being made!)

SON OF A B****! Stop being nice to wargs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    Nice post, Pounc <3

I swear I don't know how I could have been more clear about what I said - and have said 100 times. I *wish* my healers were as tough as creep healers. That's not the creep healer's "fault" - it's how Turbine designed the game

By the way, I have a defiler (you all just haven't met her officially - although she has healed EVERYONE in this thread other than MamaCass...who is healing me even though she doesn't know it ). The defiler is an AMAZING class with incredible heals and when ranked, is tough as nails to take down.

I would give up Jaiyne's burst DPS in warspeech any day of the week for better survivability so that my group could live longer. Once the freep healer dies, the group dies and in my view, that makes fights too short sometimes.

At any rate, carry on.

I miss you and that scroungy hound you hang around with. *grins wargily*
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Can't we all just get along?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001d63e1/signature.png]Togash[/charsig]
    Tobinath lvl 65 Hunter / Cuthwine lvl 65 Captain Officer of Explorers of Middle Earth
    Tobash R7 Warg / Togash R7 Reaver The White Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post
    I had so much fun last night, it was ridiculous. I was a little sleep deprived so maybe that's why I spent all night laughing hysterically in Lolien's raid, but I really had a blast.
    I dunno about sleep deprived, I'd like to take full credit for causing laughter, always.

It was rough when we were a smaller group ~forgive me I stopped reading when I saw my name and I hardly ever post on here, too much drama, I'd rather have fun~ but once we hit a full raid even though we were still outnumbered, I had a blast.

That said, until I got tired and my raid got loud, knew it was time to log because I wasn't having fun anymore. Nobody's to blame. Just part of the game. Wish more people realized that when you stop having fun and start yelling at each other, it's not fun for anyone then what's the point.

That's a main reason creeps have more numbers. They work together, they communicate and therefor it's more fun for players to be logged on. If freeps would figure out a way to set aside their personal egos/agendas and work together, more people would come to the moors, and freeps would have more numbers. It's like the creeps are Japanese (work for the greater good) and the freeps are American (capitalistic what's in it for me) mentalities. Just my observation and I don't hate anyone

Quote Originally Posted by F1erceGam3r2 View Post
    Why don't I ever hear about Wardens not pulling their weight? Do they get an automatic free pass?!

Gutlard Out!
    I think Arrival gives them all a good rep by unintended default lol
    Last edited by Centspoc; Jul 22 2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Creeps:
    "Here comes the crazy charging RK again"
    "Why does this RK think she's a tank?"
    "I don't know but we can't seem to kill her!"

Landroval Toons
    Freeps: Loliel LM ~Lolieh Hunter ~ Loliet Burg ~ Loliez Champ ~Lolies Mini
    Creeps: Loluk BA ~ Lolieroo Warg

8. Jul 22 2010, 10:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Centspoc View Post
    It's like the creeps are Japanese (work for the greater good) and the freeps are American (capitalistic what's in it for me) mentalities.
    Interesting take on it!

<3 Thanks for that raid, it was the most fun I'd had in a long while!
    Bumblybee

Quote Originally Posted by insanityspetals View Post
    Interesting take on it!

<3 Thanks for that raid, it was the most fun I'd had in a long while!
    Always! Was good to see you again and have you along, as a previous LM main I'm always glad when LMs are around. Plus, chicks rule!
    Creeps:
    "Here comes the crazy charging RK again"
    "Why does this RK think she's a tank?"
    "I don't know but we can't seem to kill her!"

Landroval Toons
    Freeps: Loliel LM ~Lolieh Hunter ~ Loliet Burg ~ Loliez Champ ~Lolies Mini
    Creeps: Loluk BA ~ Lolieroo Warg

Quote Originally Posted by aoe4evr View Post
    Good news for all men everywhere, her mouth never shuts.
    only a good thing if she has no teeth.
    If approval's what you seek, find someone who lacks an opinion.
    If agreement is all you need, get a pet. They'll never argue your ignorance or denial..

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    Jumped on for some Late Night action. It was pretty zerg heavy. Was solo for half my time out and was only able to find one 1v1. The remainder of the night I led a hit and run group of 6 around the map to try and break up the zergball. We were able to loosen the ball a bit, but it quickly wound back up. By that time I had to log for sleep. Pretty meh night for the most part, but a big /salute to the peeps in my group that stuck it out and did their best to fight a good fight.
    Now wait, our group had 5-6 in it and killed you guys a couple of times ..and we got our *** handed to us a couple of times. I think at most last night we had 7 people. No zerg ball against a group of equal size.

I'm sure tho the greenie that got speed bumped over by STAB felt the zerg tho .
    If approval's what you seek, find someone who lacks an opinion.
    If agreement is all you need, get a pet. They'll never argue your ignorance or denial..

Girls suck at everything, including PvMP.

Quote Originally Posted by sendir View Post

You best not be talking about me cause I'll cry and write about it in my diary!

Love ya Sendir.;p

Quote Originally Posted by The_Observer View Post
    But you were not there last night, probably off getting your balls polished by Foy, so what do you know.
    Awe no need to be shy, I'll do it for you any time, just ask.

Hehe how cute a gay joke, you really got me! Oh man it still burns and I sure did learn my lesson. The community has you to thank for being the funny guy and keeping the Gank Squad at bay. I really don't know if I can get over such a crude joke.

EDIT!

This thread is honestly another example of you people embarrassing yourselves and wasting time. Really gunna argue with the chick with 11k posts?
    Foy Lee son of Budhorn- Rank 13.5 Guardian
    Landroval->Arkenstone
    The Adventure PvMP Movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZPrYZ_ap_s

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    On this topic...and perhaps this merits a thread of its own...

It's my opinion that freep healers are DPS'ing because they are far better served by playing that way.

I honestly believe a Hunter/LM can keep me alive FAR better than Minstrel in most situations. A Guard's Shield wall is preferable in many situations too.

That's how crazy things are these days.

I don't say this to upset or offend Minstrels. But that fact added to the fact that mini's in warspeech are particularly powerful in the ways that specifically suit PvMP needs...i.e. CC, burst, ranged, tactical and I FULLY understand why there's a shift in play on their parts.

Also here's a thought to chew on. I have no specific data to back this up...but a little observational insight.

Let me know what you think.

Assertion:

Creeps can be equally sustainable with fewer "healer/support" players in a raid/group/zerg etc, than freeps performing similar roles.

Which leads to:

Creeps often have more DPS players availlable to serve as "focal" points of dps dealing, i.e. the "blow up" factor is greater vs specific freep targets.

Just a thought.

Luc, have you ever played a creep?
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Quote Originally Posted by sendir View Post
    One day you might get to actually touch one, and then you might change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    Luc, have you ever played a creep?
    The warg/BA duo I like running in does very well and we do not have healing in regards to how we are set up. So maybe Luc's thought has some merit.

Carry on with name calling though, it's pretty darn entertaining.(not directed at Pounce.)

/cheers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000159df3/signature.png]Charrk[/charsig] [color=red][size=3]PvMP meter:[/size] It is my opinion that NO game company has a clue what PvP is.[/color]
    [color=orange][size=3]Wisdom of the Sharkdog:[/size][/color][color=violet] Barter systems weren;t that cool when they first added them, so stop already with new barter items.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by dinin42 View Post
    Carry on with name calling though, it's pretty darn entertaining.(not directed at Pounce.)

/cheers

Booger head.

Quote Originally Posted by PF-Grumpy View Post
    Booger head.
    Communist.

Communist.

Great, now the NSA is listening. Thanks.

Communist.
    Freeple scum!
    [center][size=3]Mœgalad[/size]
    [color=skyblue][size=5]Legionnaires[/size][/color]
    [color=grey]ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ[/color]
    [size=3][color=red]Inѷisus[/color] [color=yellow]---- ҉ ----[/color] [color=red]Rɇdush[/color][/size]
    [size=5]The White Hand[/size][/center]

If only freeps understood the concept of hit and run fighting. Once you put yourself in a fixed position, let alone one where there is a creep rez circle twenty feet away. Stay mobile freeps, make us waste our... oh nevermind. keep standing in a ball to be slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by evil_soul0999 View Post
    Now wait, our group had 5-6 in it and killed you guys a couple of times ..and we got our *** handed to us a couple of times. I think at most last night we had 7 people. No zerg ball against a group of equal size.
    We had 6 against your 6-7, and do not forget the 4-6 that always seem to follow you guys around. Ask my group that night. I tried my hardest to angle an isolation of your group so we could have a straight up fight, but was never able to pull it off. Each time we hit you guys another set of Creeps popped out of the woodwork. Oh well...
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Rolled around on my little blue ring reaver named Janky on Thursday and a little bit Friday morning. Was nice seeing some numbers rolling around. I tried to help defend a few keeps but couldn't get any invites and so my contribution was limited based on how often I needed to back out to heal up. Thanks to the couple of people who did throw me some out of group heals however. I was very thankful to have picked an evening to test the waters that was bereft of any competent burgs as well. I know there are some beastly burgs on this server and the longer I can go without running into them the better.

I must admit that it is pretty humbling to be a poor (both money and dp) blue ring again. Lack of pots actually cost me a win in a burg 1v1 .
    Last edited by Insi; Jul 23 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120401000006b8c6/signature.png]Nodeninja[/charsig]What kind of fool comes to the battlefield to sing rather than fight? A dead fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Insi View Post
    Rolled around on my little blue ring reaver named Janky on Thursday and a little bit Friday morning. Was nice seeing some numbers rolling around. I tried to help defend a few keeps but couldn't get any invites and so my contribution was limited based on how often I needed to back out to heal up. Thanks to the couple of people who did throw me some out of group heals however. I was very thankful to have picked an evening to test the waters that was bereft of any competent burgs as well. I know there are some beastly burgs on this server and the longer I can go without running into them the better.
    I had 30 min to kill last night so I logged on my little spider and followed the Creep mass. Actually ended up getting about 500 infamy in the time, and after playing my defiler was really impressed at how much damage my baby spider could put out!
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast