We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Why the map is red in the mornings...

Quote Originally Posted by Danaca View Post
    Besides Luc and a couple duos (Sorry Mel! We were just destroying HH to relieve some stress when you guys rode by)
    Hahaha, s'all good! Eireath and I just joined up and started to roam and I spotted a WL as I neared HH, and charged in a bit too eagerly just as I noticed the other 7 of you. Oops.

Concerning STAB hugging: In most of the freep raids and groups I am in, EC/STAB is always either a last option or a "lets head to TR/Lugz/LC and check for any creeps as we pass STAB!" Now, there are a couple leaders who do love those fights but most of us get bored after the first 5 minutes. If we can't find the creeps anywhere to engage, we normally end up at EC because, yes, there are almost always creeps there.

Why?
    TA is normally red. So there's a flow of creep traffic through it. Additionally, An gives 2000dp and while some creeps may hate it, I know I have to farm DP like crazy to try and get my skills, so you have a LOT of bluey/greenie creeps doing that quest through the day, or picking off the NPC elves for drops and quests.
    Furthermore, there is very rarely an organized and open creep raid. As such, generally the population is made up of soloers, small groups, and tribes. Until there is a call out in OOC to attack somewhere, generally the smaller groups roam around and everyone knows EC/STAB is a hotspot. I very rarely pass through, creep or freep, and see no one there.

Concerning flipping the map: Honestly I could care less. I always love some blue, but the fight to gain a keep (mainly for that rez circle, because lets face it, its bloody annoying to have to ride across the entire map to get back to your group if you can't get a rez. Creeps can, at least, map a tad closer to their destinations. And yes, some people don't have maps but honestly, if they play creep enough to complain about freeps bemoaning maps then they should really have at least a couple) is always fun. The freep's only incentive to have a keep is the rez and a place to defend. CREEPS, on the other hand, get both of those but they also need access to the quests for DP. Some ranked guys may have enough not to worry, but plenty do need to get those quests in. So I'm not surprised that most of the map is red a majority of the time/flipped over night through whatever means...

Concerning Keep Hugging: I erased the two paragraphs I wrote on this... but, basically, pot calling the kettle black. We all do it, probably less than the other side calls out though. I know freepside we regroup at keeps, take AFKs at keeps, and get into long discussions with vocal raiders at keeps. If we've wiped or find ourselves outnumbered, some raid leaders take the "Let them come fight us!" mindset. Others doggedly keep looking for fights out of the keep. I won't comment much on creepside since I only see it in the day, not when all the Tribe groups are raiding at night. *shrug* Beating a dead horse, in my opinion.

PS - Luc is not an EC/STABer. I have never seen him there. Like, ever. However, he does seem to have a thing for hobbits. Always turns up while I'm trying to reduce the rat population...
    Last edited by insanityspetals; Aug 03 2010 at 01:26 PM.
    Bumblybee

So easy fix right here. Nerf An into oblivion. Make him worth like 10 DP on a 1 day timer. Fixed.

Hate An.
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by evil_soul0999 View Post
    You guys had 13 on track at TR. 11 against 13 in their keep + Freep npcs (which we died to multiple times) = creep's still out number...
    Sorry, but your arithmetic fails. Creeps present at TR last night:

Durtz
    Nuul
    Torqueo
    Boomshakalaka
    Whitestripes
    Killdeath
    Prylor
    Buppkiss
    Loogy
    Toshimaru
    Bealzebub
    Gakarat
    Morphinette
    Irontusk
    Munkeyshines
    Tailmange
    Pouncivel
    Gums
    Moof (1 and 2)
    Aerther
    Scoobywarg
    Lyncher
    Leftpaw

Maybe Pounce didn't participate in the push with the troll, take one away, whatever. We had 9 in our group. I only saw 2 goldtaggers in the Keep the entire night.

Please. We ABSOLUTELY would love to fight your Plague group of 6-7 Creeps with a 9 man Freep group in the open field. In fact, without a Minstrel or Captain, and with your AOE rez, bubbles and at least 3 Uruk Heals, that would be pretty fun and close to a balanced fight. But you cats don't roll that way. Instead, you prefer to roll with face...from the left and to the right.

We tried multiple times to get you guys away from the keep. We killed a few and got between TR and the rez HOPING that you would get away from it. To no avail. I guess us running in the keep to kill you guys and getting npc aggro was fun enough for you.
    Right. We should just charge our 9 into the zerg of Creeps hovering around TR. lol

Yes. You finally grew a sac and pushed a Keep with superior numbers. Fortunately, a Weaver in your group was stupid enough to launch her hatchlings and we dragged them to the NPCs, pulling the entire bottom floor on you. And yes. We easily wiped you due to this fail mistake.

On and running up goldie ramp into what? more npcs! YAY! However, I'm glad you cleared up why you think it's okay for for the freep "group" to "kill" solor's..but when a creep "group" of more than one get together it's a zerg ball.
    We never once ran up to goldie ramp. What are you talking about? You are beginning to confuse your facerolls.

Is that why you guys tried to kite us througn npc's at HH? thinking oh! NPCS! that was kinda lame too fyi at that point it was only our group of 6..and one was afk..so that's 5 (YES! MATH! AWESOME!)
    Never once fought at HH the entire night. Once again, you seem to have your facerolls confused.

It's a game. When you get down to it we all play for our own enjoyment.
    This is true. It is a game, but I don't quite understand your point in something so self-evident.

By the way, I thought the 3 waves of Keep fights last night were very fun. It's just the Creep math that boggles my mind. Sauron clearly recruited his troops from the Humanities.
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    So boast all you want, but there wasn't one Creep out in the field last night that I haven't wtfpwn'd in a 1v1 fight.
    Aww, I should've showed up last night to screw with your statistic!

Muahahaha! *Disappears* <3
    [center][size=3]Mœgalad[/size]
    [color=skyblue][size=5]Legionnaires[/size][/color]
    [color=grey]ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ[/color]
    [size=3][color=red]Inѷisus[/color] [color=yellow]---- ҉ ----[/color] [color=red]Rɇdush[/color][/size]
    [size=5]The White Hand[/size][/center]

Rofl at Creeps calling out Freeps for Keep hugging. What's next BP going to call Obama for spilling oil at their headquarters?

Also, after reading more stupid creeps commenting itt: i guess the cause of the many problems in moors is that freeps have too many gankers, half of our classes can hide and sneak around without ever beeing seen until it's time to gank random solo paserbys. We have insta-zerg buttons so whenever someone is attacked we can just spam OOC: Hlep Gank!!! and the horde maps to help zerg. Our healers have twice the HP of creep healers and can heal on the run, we have 10k hp and can't be mezzed and stunned and rooted. We have "burg packs" that sneak around the map and attack random poor dumb creeps trying to enjoy pvp.

A lot of stuff about numbers ...

So boast all you want, but there wasn't one Creep out in the field last night that I haven't wtfpwn'd in a 1v1 fight. Bring an even fight and we will be happy to meet you in the open field and beat your azzes back to Grams. However, don't be surprised to be fighting some NPCs when you zerg it up and try to faceroll your way to victory.
    Nova,
    When I logged on last night, there was a troll at TR and the freeps were up at the keep. Things went as you said, a bad baby pull wiped the creeps. Now as far as numbers go, there really weren't that many creeps involved. They may have been nearby, but they certainly didn't seem to be fighting and if they were, they weren't anything but fodder. Some of the names you listed in your other post were there at one point and gone at other points.

Plague guys were taking point on almost everything, and I took it once in a while. I certainly didn't see any of the other creeps in your list in front of me at any point, so i'm not entirely sure how they were involved.

I've never seen so many wargs stealthed up on a ramp NOT stopping rez returns at the ramp or the main floor. If one more freep ran in or horsed in, I was going to call in an airstrike on those wargs, so just cross those guys right off the list.

As far as I could tell from the time I spent fighting there, stuff was pretty balanced even with the Troll. If it took us that long to take the keep (with a few wipes) WITH a Troll, we had no chance of taking it without the Troll.

As for whether or not the Plague creeps would fight you outside the keep before; I have no idea, I logged in and everyone was at the keep. But I will say, based on your class makeup and numbers and theirs....I would have rolled a Troll too.

On to the WTFPwn comment. I think everyone on the server has experienced both sides of that coin. Don't poo on your respect points by throwing out statements like that. I mean if I catch you from the side on your horse, you probably won't even hit me once. If you catch me looking the wrong way, I probably won't hit you. /knucks homie!

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    This is the biggest load of tripe I can even imagine.
    So this claim that "freeps" need to stop gravitating to EC/STAB IS in fact tripe.
    I like tripe in Menudo and also fried up in a Taco.

I call BS to that.

You're claiming your gameplay is dictated by others.

I roam solo for literally 20+ hours a week. Where are all the "older/smarter" creeps you're talking about?

I see them running away from me, calling in for help, mapping in half raids to kill me, hugging EC/STAB, and ganking the rez.

You can speak for YOU...but this assertion that freeps are somehow to blame for poor creep play is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.
    Luc, You've sprinted away from me solo a few times or horsed away. You've also caught up to me looting wood or just in a general fight in wierd areas and fought it out.

I do however see (via stealthed warg or burrowed spider) you return consistently to the Slug Pits and kill any greenie you see. I've hung out there a few times while doing other stuff at home. I even ran you around for 10minutes once on my warg just to keep you from terrorizing the poor greenie that had been trying to kill slugs. Do you really think a warg would let a champ stay in enough range to bowchamp for fervor for any reason than to keep the champ slobbering and chasing him?

Everyone has playstyle moments that don't taste exactly right to the other side man, even you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    My 2 friends were dead in the first minute. Then the RK that came along exploded as well and released immediately before I could rez him.

I was alone with 2/3 dead. I definitely thought I was most assuredly dead. Pretty sure running back into NPCs as a lone minstrel is called for in that situation, heh. Actually, what won me that fight was dropping combat, eating food and then re-engaging. I think a burg happened along as well? Not sure who it was but pretty sure there was another party involved.

At any rate, probably best little fight I've had in ages! Epic fun! /salute
    The burg and and the RK turned it into a 3/5, the big problem was the burg kept us in combat and could not rez the WL.

Sorry, but your arithmetic fails. Creeps present at TR last night:

Durtz
    Nuul
    Torqueo
    Boomshakalaka
    Whitestripes
    Killdeath
    Prylor
    Buppkiss
    Loogy
    Toshimaru
    Bealzebub
    Gakarat
    Morphinette
    Irontusk
    Munkeyshines
    Tailmange
    Pouncivel
    Gums
    Moof (1 and 2)
    Aerther
    Scoobywarg
    Lyncher
    Leftpaw

Maybe Pounce didn't participate in the push with the troll, take one away, whatever. We had 9 in our group. I only saw 2 goldtaggers in the Keep the entire night.

Please. We ABSOLUTELY would love to fight your Plague group of 6-7 Creeps with a 9 man Freep group in the open field. In fact, without a Minstrel or Captain, and with your AOE rez, bubbles and at least 3 Uruk Heals, that would be pretty fun and close to a balanced fight. But you cats don't roll that way. Instead, you prefer to roll with face...from the left and to the right.

Right. We should just charge our 9 into the zerg of Creeps hovering around TR. lol

Yes. You finally grew a sac and pushed a Keep with superior numbers. Fortunately, a Weaver in your group was stupid enough to launch her hatchlings and we dragged them to the NPCs, pulling the entire bottom floor on you. And yes. We easily wiped you due to this fail mistake.

We never once ran up to goldie ramp. What are you talking about? You are beginning to confuse your facerolls.

Never once fought at HH the entire night. Once again, you seem to have your facerolls confused.

This is true. It is a game, but I don't quite understand your point in something so self-evident.

By the way, I thought the 3 waves of Keep fights last night were very fun. It's just the Creep math that boggles my mind. Sauron clearly recruited his troops from the Humanities.

wow moof 1 and 2 were there at the same time!?!?1 that's awesome considering how he wasn't two boxing last night. GREAT THO! Guess it was the ghost of Moof that caused the TR to fall. Wtg Moof.

Oh and btw Aerthur was the troll so Kevidan..So I guess he was two boxing too?

When we rolled the Troll - Loogy was gone. So that's not right.
    Did you add up all the creeps that were at TR at one time last night to make it look worse than it is? I mean seriously. Whatever it takes to make hugging the npcs at TR a good idea in your mind

And yes you did, right after we took TR we found your group in HH because we focused you first. RK's then Mini's then hunters then heavy's..unless one is squishy.

You want a fight with even numbers? Let's do it, we can set it up. and when you die and wipe, please don't blame it on a creep zerg.
    Last edited by evil_soul0999; Aug 03 2010 at 02:24 PM.
    If approval's what you seek, find someone who lacks an opinion.
    If agreement is all you need, get a pet. They'll never argue your ignorance or denial..

Quote Originally Posted by mudd_666 View Post
    Also, after reading more stupid creeps commenting itt: i guess the cause of the many problems in moors is that freeps have too many gankers, half of our classes can hide and sneak around without ever beeing seen until it's time to gank random solo paserbys. We have insta-zerg buttons so whenever someone is attacked we can just spam OOC: Hlep Gank!!! and the horde maps to help zerg. Our healers have twice the HP of creep healers and can heal on the run, we have 10k hp and can't be mezzed and stunned and rooted. We have "burg packs" that sneak around the map and attack random poor dumb creeps trying to enjoy pvp.

Burg pack and warg packs, now thats pvp.

and creepside is EZ Mode, some of you need a clue tacked to your foreheads.

You clearly know very little about what goes on out here. If the freep leaders knew where map in points were they would avoid them as well as continuing to move around the map, however, they stand in one spot, just waiting for more and more creeps to show up to maul them, just like last night at gta.

You know how freep toons have to lvl? Those maps don't come free and neither do ranks. Now that you have to deal with rank7 + creep toons that have maps, on a regular basis it's easy mode play. Ill trade my maps for a mount any day let me know. It's the same as leveling, a level 50 toon can roll most any "lvl 65" creep green ring.
    Last edited by oninoakuma; Aug 03 2010 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oninoakuma View Post
    The burg and and the RK turned it into a 3/5, the big problem was the burg kept us in combat and could not rez the WL.
    OK so 3 v 3 to start.

You guys kill Meli (oops)
    You guys kill Kara (lol)
    A RK comes along and you kill him too (he releases before I can rez him or my 2 friends)
    That's 3 freep deaths so far and 0 creep deaths
    I eat food and re-engage
    I see a burg on one of you (can't remember which - or what happened to him)
    Kill the warg first, because I knew he had no cooldowns (Sprint/Disappear) at all, having burned them early
    Kill the WL
    Kill Mama <3

At the end there was 3 freep deaths and 3 creep deaths in a multiple minute minute engagement = win

Also, Mama is the best creep healer currently playing IMO. I haven't seen Needle for a bit

Sorry for the derail guys! I'll try to have the video done after Lee gets home this weekend because I am technostupid
    Last edited by Gillianrial; Aug 03 2010 at 02:33 PM.
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

OK so 3 v 3 to start.

You guys kill Kara (lol)
    A RK comes along and you kill him too (he releases before I can rez him or my 2 friends)
    I eat food and re-engage
    Kill the warg first, because I knew he had no cooldowns (Hips/Disappear) at all, having burned them early
    Kill the WL
    Kill Mama <3

At the end there was 3 freep deaths and 3 creep deaths in a multiple minute minute engagement = win

Also, Mama is the best creep healer currently playing IMO. I haven't seen Needle for a bit
    I squished. It's embarrassing. I have no survivability haha...
    And lol @ the lol @ Kara dying.
    I would love to see that video. You were amazing, Jaiyne. And the creeps were great - I'm sorry I wasn't a participant for very long because it was so much fun even when I was dead, I can't imagine the excitement it would have caused if I was actually, you know, fighting...

And I have to agree with that last bit - Mama, you're so durable! Every time I encounter you its bloody difficult to get you down, even when the odds are stacked against you.

/derail
    Bumblybee

Quote Originally Posted by Moofer View Post
    Luc, You've sprinted away from me solo a few times or horsed away. You've also caught up to me looting wood or just in a general fight in wierd areas and fought it out.

I do however see (via stealthed warg or burrowed spider) you return consistently to the Slug Pits and kill any greenie you see. I've hung out there a few times while doing other stuff at home. I even ran you around for 10minutes once on my warg just to keep you from terrorizing the poor greenie that had been trying to kill slugs. Do you really think a warg would let a champ stay in enough range to bowchamp for fervor for any reason than to keep the champ slobbering and chasing him?

Everyone has playstyle moments that don't taste exactly right to the other side man, even you.
    I can absolutely positively say with all certainty I have NEVER once ran from engaging you when you're solo. Not once.

As for the slugs, I've answered this more times than I care to but I'll do it again.

When I can ride around for literally an hour and see NO creeps that aren't wherever the current zergball is the slugs are often literally the only place to go. And by the "slugs" I mean north of Lugs.

Heck, most creeps don't even bother with HH, or leaving their rez circles any more, they just map everywhere.

I too have sat and watched without stealth and watched creeps run from me and map away over and over and over, only to get spam tracked and zerged by 5+.

That area is the last place a creep should complain about me being, it's full of hostile npcs, close to creep friendly one-shots and a near instant map in for EVERY creep on the map.

I can guarentee you I die at the slugs to overwhelming odds FAR more than I kill something that I far outpower.

But the occasional run in with a GOOD fight is worth both of those costs.

Why? Because those occasional good fights up there are about 10Xs more common than a good fight elsewhere.

Players, creep and freep, just don't move around the map anymore. Not in any significant manner.

So you show me traffic on the north ridge, or the south wall, or the sw corner and I'd be HAPPY to ride by those places exclusively, but it just doesn't exist.

EDIT: BTW, the quote you made was from a response to the assertion that players called "freeps" playing creepside...whatever that means...have negatively influenced creep play and made them "sloppy". My response was specifically addressing that idea and how absurd it is.
    Last edited by Thane9; Aug 03 2010 at 02:45 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

This thread gets TWO THUMBS UP! Woot woot! Hooray for landroval! *High-fives everyone*
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Cynfive Cynrion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Cynthri[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Callun Cynrios[/COLOR]
    Points > Everything
    I am spy

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by oninoakuma View Post
    Ill trade my maps for a mount any day let me know. It's the same as leveling, a level 50 toon can roll most any "lvl 65" creep green ring.
    These statements are perfect examples of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

L50 = green ring?

Green takes what? 20 seconds to do? Type in a name, and bang, you have a green ring.

How long for L50? Forget gear. Heck, forget leveling, even chinese leveling services would take FAR longer than making a green creep. Heck, it'd take longer than a blue creep.

As for trading maps for mounts. Wow. I would LOVE to see this happen for one week. So much pain would occur that creeps would want to eliminate maps from the game entirely. You have no idea what I could do with creep maps. Heck, I'd lead raids just to prove the point. And I despise leading raids.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Thumbs down Re: Why the map is red in the mornings...

All specific finger pointing, chest thumping, self praising comments in the thread aside... I'd have to say the saddest thing about this whole thing? Is that this actually turned out to be the "blog" for the day.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by romoen View Post
    All specific finger pointing, chest thumping, self praising comments in the thread aside... I'd have to say the saddest thing about this whole thing? Is that this actually turned out to be the "blog" for the day.
    Not much to blog.

Same old zergpiling, pew pew standoff, rez circle ganking as every night.

But didn't you hear? It's the freeps fault, for influencing creeps to play that "sloppy" way.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

These statements are perfect examples of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

L50 = green ring?

Green takes what? 20 seconds to do? Type in a name, and bang, you have a green ring.

How long for L50? Forget gear. Heck, forget leveling, even chinese leveling services would take FAR longer than making a green creep. Heck, it'd take longer than a blue creep.

As for trading maps for mounts. Wow. I would LOVE to see this happen for one week. So much pain would occur that creeps would want to eliminate maps from the game entirely. You have no idea what I could do with creep maps. Heck, I'd lead raids just to prove the point. And I despise leading raids.
    I don't think I would really agree that lvl 50 = greenie. A good friend of mine (who really, really enjoys PvP) routinely takes his lvl 52 hunter out and does quite well. This hunter has ONE legendary trait and just random armour. I think a LOT of being successful comes down to knowing how to play your character. So the 50 Freep is probably going to have a MUCH better idea of how to play their character than someone who just rolled a Green warg 20 seconds ago.

Hope that made sense, starting to lose focus lol
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Not much to blog.

Same old zergpiling, pew pew standoff, rez circle ganking as every night.

But didn't you hear? It's the freeps fault, for influencing creeps to play that "sloppy" way.
    What on earth does your last comment have to do with my comment what-so-ever?
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

So boast all you want, but there wasn't one Creep out in the field last night that I haven't wtfpwn'd in a 1v1 fight. Bring an even fight and we will be happy to meet you in the open field and beat your azzes back to Grams. However, don't be surprised to be fighting some NPCs when you zerg it up and try to faceroll your way to victory.
    I have a pretty good memory for who 1v1's and who doesn't. I can't recall ever having a 1v1 with you or even coming upon you in a 1v1 with someone else. Unless of course by 1v1 you mean, yourself plus one, or many others. /shrug

@Luc: I think you're stuck in the past, stuck in a time long ago when you used to be able to beat a whole group of creeps solo and still get away. The Moors of today doesn't allow for that, so you come here and complain all the mechanics of the game are broken and you can't find a descent fight.

The funny thing is, you don't seem to realize that by being as vocal as you are, it just makes you a big target for people that want you to shut up and they find enjoyment in hammering you so they can look at your wall of texts on here the next day.

Cya all in the zone

I can absolutely positively say with all certainty I have NEVER once ran from engaging you when you're solo. Not once.

As for the slugs, I've answered this more times than I care to but I'll do it again.

When I can ride around for literally an hour and see NO creeps that aren't wherever the current zergball is the slugs are often literally the only place to go. And by the "slugs" I mean north of Lugs.

Heck, most creeps don't even bother with HH, or leaving their rez circles any more, they just map everywhere.

I too have sat and watched without stealth and watched creeps run from me and map away over and over and over, only to get spam tracked and zerged by 5+.

That area is the last place a creep should complain about me being, it's full of hostile npcs, close to creep friendly one-shots and a near instant map in for EVERY creep on the map.

I can guarentee you I die at the slugs to overwhelming odds FAR more than I kill something that I far outpower.

But the occasional run in with a GOOD fight is worth both of those costs.

Why? Because those occasional good fights up there are about 10Xs more common than a good fight elsewhere.

Players, creep and freep, just don't move around the map anymore. Not in any significant manner.

So you show me traffic on the north ridge, or the south wall, or the sw corner and I'd be HAPPY to ride by those places exclusively, but it just doesn't exist.

EDIT: BTW, the quote you made was from a response to the assertion that players called "freeps" playing creepside...whatever that means...have negatively influenced creep play and made them "sloppy". My response was specifically addressing that idea and how absurd it is.
    Gotcha. I must have missed some other creeps in my area out of my line of sight. I'll have to get back to frapsing incidental stuff so I can pull it out in situations like this where both sides feel they saw something different. In those situations though, all it would show is you horsing off while i stand there, it wouldn't show anyone behind me....but I guess at least it would pinpoint the time so someone could say "yeah moof, twh was running by behind you".

No need to respond on the slug thing again, I was just pointing out that everyone does stuff the others side doesn't necessarily think is cool.

If there was a slug pit equivalent for freeps I'm sure it would be camped 24/7 by a creep/creeps. I know I generally roam by GV at least once every session to see if anyone will come out and fight. Those fights generally take place a lot closer to unfriendly npcs or one shots than slug pit fights though.

wow moof 1 and 2 were there at the same time!?!?1 that's awesome considering how he wasn't two boxing last night. GREAT THO! Guess it was the ghost of Moof that caused the TR to fall. Wtg Moof.
    Moof clearly only occupied one spot on the list. Of course, I recognized and identified there were two different toons.

Oh and btw Aerthur was the troll so Kevidan..So I guess he was two boxing too?
    Notice I didn't count the troll or Kevidan. You're splitting hairs at this point.

Whatever it takes to make hugging the npcs at TR a good idea in your mind
    Ya. Whatever it takes to make hugging the zerg acceptable in your mind.

And yes you did, right after we took TR we found your group in HH because we focused you first. RK's then Mini's then hunters then heavy's..unless one is squishy.
    No I didn't. I logged after the TR defense. I was never at or near HH the entire night.

You want a fight with even numbers? Let's do it, we can set it up. and when you die and wipe, please don't blame it on a creep zerg.
    Yes. I would love to have a straight up fight with Plague. Rather than metagame it though, why don't you guys just cruise the map in your own group without the comfort of other Creeps nearby. I've seen CJunk do it. Seen Agony do it. Why not the Plague? Most of your group is R8+. What do you need the extra goldtaggers for? Especially when you guys always have 6-8 late night while the Freeps are usually at 12 or less, only of which 4-5 are usually grouped.

Dying and wiping are the least of my concerns. I'm looking for a good fight. It comes with the territory.
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

OK so 3 v 3 to start.

You guys kill Kara (lol)
    I eat food and re-engage
    Kill the warg first, because I knew he had no cooldowns (Sprint/Disappear) at all, having burned them early
    Kill the WL
    Kill Mama <3

Sorry for the derail guys! I'll try to have the video done after Lee gets home this weekend because I am technostupid
    Yep, that burg hit me right at the exact same time as we were deciding to go in after you...good for him/her though, and you played it all off brilliantly. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by insanityspetals View Post
    I squished. It's embarrassing. I have no survivability haha...
    I love the defiler. I really do. Every time I get on Kymli out there I have to play it so much tighter and safer, which never agrees with me. You know what they say though, once you go orc...

And interesting fight that day was with Uhtred and this younger ungrouped spider. That lasted almost 20 minutes altogether, it was a wonderful chase.

To keep this from being too much of a derail, if I could fight more fights like these, I don't think I would notice that there were keeps on the map at all...
    Kymli Dwarf Mini ~ MamaCass Defiler

On to the WTFPwn comment. I think everyone on the server has experienced both sides of that coin. Don't poo on your respect points by throwing out statements like that. I mean if I catch you from the side on your horse, you probably won't even hit me once. If you catch me looking the wrong way, I probably won't hit you. /knucks homie!
    Aye. Didn't intend any disrespect, but I certainly see how it could be read that way. Point of my stating that was simply to show that myself, and all of the peeps I am usually grouped with, would be happy to participate in a straight up fight. We tried early on, but the Creeps preferred to zerg and gank en masse. It took us a long time just to work our way out of the rez due to the camping. So we shifted to the TR NPCs in an attempt to balance things out.

As for whether or not the Plague creeps would fight you outside the keep before; I have no idea, I logged in and everyone was at the keep. But I will say, based on your class makeup and numbers and theirs....I would have rolled a Troll too.
    You are correct. This occurred before you arrived. They certainly did fight us outside TR...along with every other Creep in the zone. I understand that at Late Night our groups can sometimes be the only show in town. But at least try to give us a good fight, and when you don't, don't complain about us hugging the NPCs to help balance things out a bit.

By the way, I didn't once complain about the Troll, although the 70K uruk heal on him on the second push was pretty over the top. That's not the fault of the Creeps though, that's a Turbine issue.
    [/center]

Oh and for the record. I wasn't at TR for the troll so please keep me out of it.
    I logged right after getting zerged by a solo'er with a name that starts and ends with an A

:-0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast