We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: R9 Uruk heal - Is this balanced? Discuss

/played = Time logged into the server. Regardless of what you are doing.

I skimmed a lot of this little tangent, but I will say anyone who thinks it takes more "effort" to rank a creep than a freep is just confused.

If no one is saying that then I'll alt+tab back in 10 minutes to apologize.

If we are talking about ranking speed, it is the same for everyone and (to use Luc's method of CAPS TO YELL) WHO THE **CK CARES?!?!?!?

The thread was about whether or not the r9 uruk heal was a balanced skill in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by romoen View Post
    It's random. You CANNOT compare random piece of gear that you DO NOT NEED to the time it takes to grind ranks/levels.
    Exactly; most gear upgrades are marginal. You can be effective with bartered items, 4/6 Moria armor, and crafted accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    You want to grind LIs for me until you get a good 2nd age sword?
    You do not need a 2nd age to be successful in the 'moors.
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

Quote Originally Posted by Sujae View Post
    As someone that does not play a Freep to end levels, could someone verify if /played on a Freep DOES or DOES NOT include time that is spent on things like crafting.

Just asking because if it DOES that would skew /played in a totally different way than some would like it to be for our Freeps.
    /played starts rallying once you are logged in so, crafting counts, farming nodes counts, even RPing in the pony counts
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000159df3/signature.png]Charrk[/charsig] [color=red][size=3]PvMP meter:[/size] It is my opinion that NO game company has a clue what PvP is.[/color]
    [color=orange][size=3]Wisdom of the Sharkdog:[/size][/color][color=violet] Barter systems weren;t that cool when they first added them, so stop already with new barter items.[/color]

Sheesh I have hundreds of /played hours just from afk crafting alone. I remember setting up at the forge closest to the vendor so I could keep the vendor window open and just hit repair all every so often and then go back to homework or whatever.
    Nevermind, this answers my question.

What I dont get is what does it matter about your /played time, I honestly NEVER look at mine. It just is not worth comparing, unless you want to chest thump, there is no booby prize for the shortest or longest /played time. Im afraid I'd get a little ill to see how much time I probably spend on my butt in these games.
    [Color=yellow] ~Hacked, Blackarrow designed by Turbine with the dartboard philosophy and proud member of Mongers[/color]

Just to make one point clear.

I'm specifically talking about what is POSSIBLE, not what is common or likely.

Of course people play in ways that includes lots of downtime.

And others log in join a raid KILL KILL KILL and log off.

Sheesh I have hundreds of /played hours just from afk crafting alone. I remember setting up at the forge closest to the vendor so I could keep the vendor window open and just hit repair all every so often and then go back to homework or whatever.
    True. Also I tend to do everything the exact opposite of what will yield the best results. In the beginning I grouped and raided with my tribe and go very small pts. When the huge raid bonuses came in... I small grouped/soloed.
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Nevermind, this answers my question.

What I dont get is what does it matter about your /played time, I honestly NEVER look at mine. It just is not worth comparing, unless you want to chest thump, there is no booby prize for the shortest or longest /played time. Im afraid I'd get a little ill to see how much time I probably spend on my butt in these games.
    Oh and /played time counts when I am tabbed out looking up freep stats, so I can decide if I should attack them. Guess I'll need to add their timed played into my equation now as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000159df3/signature.png]Charrk[/charsig] [color=red][size=3]PvMP meter:[/size] It is my opinion that NO game company has a clue what PvP is.[/color]
    [color=orange][size=3]Wisdom of the Sharkdog:[/size][/color][color=violet] Barter systems weren;t that cool when they first added them, so stop already with new barter items.[/color]

And all I can say is it must have been nice having 6, 12, whatever number of people to always at any time group with to advance your toons gear.

I can go months without an opportunity to run with a group like that.
    I'm a Minstrel. My gear advancement is more a burden to the requirement of my class for everyone else's gear than it is a reward for my own. You know that full well with how many times I've run SG and HoC for YOU. Especially considering I've had my Anvil since the first day of the instance's existance yet I've still done the instance nearly as many times as you have, I'm sure.

And uhhhhhhh.... you have SO MANY PEOPLE to do instances with. Perhaps you're just excluding them since they're not in your Kinship, which yes... is very inactive?

It's clear that you're coming from the perspective of a raider in the moors. And that's fine. You can call me out and say MY playstyle is not the "right way" to look at the game design. Just as I can say your way isn't either.
    LOL, you're so wrapped up in your own opinions and experiences as a standard rule for everyone in the 'Moors that you cannot see what's been presented to you time and time again.

I've been solo/duo/small grouping on Ophelia since the second week I transferred her to E. Even before transferring I was soloing on her because I was loathe to join a group and was still finding fights and still having fun. Countless other Freeps here posting also express good times and decent luck finding solo fights.

But as always; thanks for easily dismissing my opinions with broad judgemental acusations about things that aren't even true.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by dinin42 View Post
    Oh and /played time counts when I am tabbed out looking up freep stats, so I can decide if I should attack them. Guess I'll need to add their timed played into my equation now as well.
    So does this also mean that alllllll those hours I had a blast in Frogmortten looking and waiting for those backpacks counts too?!?!?!

Oooooh the simple things in this game!
    [Color=yellow] ~Hacked, Blackarrow designed by Turbine with the dartboard philosophy and proud member of Mongers[/color]

So does this also mean that alllllll those hours I had a blast in Frogmortten looking and waiting for those backpacks counts too?!?!?!

Hahahaa! I can't believe I was not the only one to do that! <3
    WTB Goblin Class! Will BUY TP to do so!!! (hint to Turbine!)
    Mangey <Agony> Semi-Ret 12-07/Milgwn NS Ret
    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=3][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Kinich-Ahau / Kukulcan in 2012![/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Sorry, but yeah, because we are not speaking of what is likely or normal, so you suck. May as well delete now.

/shrug.....but you do know the Shire......sheesh.

*looks over his shoulder to Ophelia and Luc's table, rolls his eyes, and goes back to sipping his coffee*

I spent a good portion of mine, finding things to jump off of in Ered Luin

Middle Earth Base Jumpers Association FTW!!! (MEBJA)

I'm a Minstrel. My gear advancement is more a burden to the requirement of my class for everyone else's gear than it is a reward for my own. You know that full well with how many times I've run SG and HoC for YOU. Especially considering I've had my Anvil since the first day of the instance's existance yet I've still done the instance nearly as many times as you have, I'm sure.

And uhhhhhhh.... you have SO MANY PEOPLE to do instances with. Perhaps you're just excluding them since they're not in your Kinship, which yes... is very inactive?
    That was exactly my point. Freeps need to run that stuff ceaselessly.

As for group availability for me?

Honestly, I don't. Most of those groups are fragmented or gone. Two of them still run things, but the invites/slots for me are few and FAR between.

LOL, you're so wrapped up in your own opinions and experiences as a standard rule for everyone in the 'Moors that you cannot see what's been presented to you time and time again.

I've been solo/duo/small grouping on Ophelia since the second week I transferred her to E. Even before transferring I was soloing on her because I was loathe to join a group and was still finding fights and still having fun. Countless other Freeps here posting also express good times and decent luck finding solo fights.

But as always; thanks for easily dismissing my opinions with broad judgemental acusations about things that aren't even true.
    I'm not all "wrapped up in my opinions" I was SPECIFICALLY addressing your statement that I only see things ONE way. I wasn't dismissing your opinions I was defending the right to have my OWN opinions be valid. Don't try turning this around on me. YOU were the one to say MY opinions were invalid due to having a solo mindset.

In sheer cumulative hours played I've raided in the moors more than 80% of the PvMP player base. EASILY. It's likely well over 90%. So this idea that I'm just seeing things as a soloer and no other way is silly.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by dinin42 View Post
    It also includes the time you spend sitting visible pretending to be alone.

Don't forget that part.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Meijha View Post
    Hahahaa! I can't believe I was not the only one to do that! <3
    ROFL Mangey, *high five*!!

Don't forget that part.
    And the time I spend chasing people who don't run as well.....lol

Don't forget that part.
    /datamining is on a seperate timer I thought?

Play for fun, ignore the points.

Good times will be had by all.
    Drood

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotpilot_down View Post

Not here...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotpilot_down View Post

Now you are talking.

Forget that comment about Fantasyland you made before.

Just have fun!

As for group availability for me?

Honestly, I don't. Most of those groups are fragmented or gone. Two of them still run things, but the invites/slots for me are few and FAR between.
    If only Turbine made parts of BG soooo skewed toward ranged classes and/or not needing more than 1 champ

Anyway, as for the OP, I think Uruk heal is fine generally. It can seem a little unbalanced in small fights when you have multiple Uruks but...it was earned and was provided as an option by Turbine to reward that rank.

Goes without saying that I would *love* to see Freeps get similar 'Moors only traits for rank advancement
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

Don't forget that part.
    If this tactic is so transparent, then why is this a problem? Unless someone is stupid enough to fall for it? If so, they deserve it. If they don't suck, they won't fall for it twice.

These are the sorts of things that make the game interesting. YOUR version of PvP, of course, would be little instanced duels with no surprizes. No... it's even worse. You expect people to behave as if they were instanced duels when it was clearly the intent of the game designers that it should NOT be.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000342fd/signature.png]Sniffinbutz[/charsig]

No, they don't.... but when you're friends with people that think they need an additional 2 agility to make or break their build, you do.

As far as gear is concerned, a Freep can be geared up just fine by getting their basic 6-piece Moria gear set or even just a crit-crafted set of gear and jewelry they can buy off the AH.

For some of us, we want to push ourselves to the max but that's personal choice... not a requirements.

I'm not all "wrapped up in my opinions" I was SPECIFICALLY addressing your statement that I only see things ONE way. I wasn't dismissing your opinions I was defending the right to have my OWN opinions be valid. Don't try turning this around on me. YOU were the one to say MY opinions were invalid due to having a solo mindset.

In sheer cumulative hours played I've raided in the moors more than 80% of the PvMP player base. EASILY. It's likely well over 90%. So this idea that I'm just seeing things as a soloer and no other way is silly.
    You said my view point was as a raider. I've told you numerous times now that it's coming from several different view points, one of which is a solo Freep just like you.

Your played time in raids has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by PF-Grumpy View Post
    *looks over his shoulder to Ophelia and Luc's table, rolls his eyes, and goes back to sipping his coffee*
    This is why people would leave vent after the first 30 minutes of our arguments. >.<
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

Quote Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
    These are the sorts of things that make the game interesting. YOUR version of PvP, of course, would be little instanced duels with no surprizes. No... it's even worse. You expect people to behave as if they were instanced duels when it was clearly the intent of the game designers that it should NOT be.
    I read these forums a lot, don't post a ton, and though I don't always agree with what Luc has to say, I have NEVER gotten this impression from him...
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Ordric L65 Champion, Officer of Shadows of Eventide[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Flappo L65 BURG [/COLOR] | [COLOR="Red"]Gordrip R6 RVR [/COLOR] | [COLOR="red"]Gordrat R5 WRG [/COLOR] |[COLOR="red"] Gordzap R4 BA[/COLOR]

I think this info is interesting...not sure if it really tells us anything factual...but it's interesting nevertheles.

Grizlark (BA) E: From 5156 to 244,944 in 6 weeks. Was he averaging more than 8 hours every day for those 42 days? Note: earned 80+K this past week. Of course that's a high ranked BA, likely leeching...but seriously...80K in one week. That's a pace to hit R15 from R0 in 46.25 weeks, aka less than ONE year. Granted, no one is likely to keep that pace up for 46 weeks...but the fact that it's possible...<shudder>

Grizlark (BA) Landy: 2008 data missing, but 71,446 - 281,001 in 10 weeks back in '09.

Killdeath (BA) Landy: 23 weeks from 4855 to 259,367. Some of those weeks are less than 1k infamy earned so my guess is we're not talking about TONS of time each week playing that toon. In fact, I'd guess some of those weeks were just 1-2 hours played. The 2009 stats are very sporatic and there are LOTS of 0 infamy weeks interspersed that I did not count. It was only 10 weeks from ~52k to ~259k.

Rashkosk (BA) Vilya: 12 weeks from 897 to 259,988.

It's really hard to find R0-R9 stats on BAs because many of those occured during the firedot boom and the stats don't always go back that far.

Just some data....I'm not really sure who's side it supports...but I think it's interesting to look at either way.

I will say this however. I think it's arguable that ranking to R9 is SIMILAR to getting a freep to a competative state.

Furthermore maintaining a freep at that state adds additional time that creeps do not need to invest. Just by the nature of how infamy = power for creeps but gear/levels etc = power for freeps.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

I think this info is interesting...not sure if it really tells us anything factual...but it's interesting nevertheles.

Grizlark (BA) E: From 5156 to 244,944 in 6 weeks. Was he averaging more than 8 hours every day for those 42 days? Note: earned 80+K this past week. Of course that's a high ranked BA, likely leeching...but seriously...80K in one week. That's a pace to hit R15 from R0 in 46.25 weeks, aka less than ONE year. Granted, no one is likely to keep that pace up for 46 weeks...but the fact that it's possible...<shudder>

Grizlark (BA) Landy: 2008 data missing, but 71,446 - 281,001 in 10 weeks back in '09.

Killdeath (BA) Landy: 23 weeks from 4855 to 259,367. Some of those weeks are less than 1k infamy earned so my guess is we're not talking about TONS of time each week playing that toon. In fact, I'd guess some of those weeks were just 1-2 hours played. The 2009 stats are very sporatic and there are LOTS of 0 infamy weeks interspersed that I did not count. It was only 10 weeks from ~52k to ~259k.

Rashkosk (BA) Vilya: 12 weeks from 897 to 259,988.

It's really hard to find R0-R9 stats on BAs because many of those occured during the firedot boom and the stats don't always go back that far.

Just some data....I'm not really sure who's side it supports...but I think it's interesting to look at either way.

I will say this however. I think it's arguable that ranking to R9 is SIMILAR to getting a freep to a competative state.

Furthermore maintaining a freep at that state adds additional time that creeps do not need to invest. Just by the nature of how infamy = power for creeps but gear/levels etc = power for freeps.
    People play on E. More people, more fighting, more inf/renown.

It doesn't matter how long it takes a person to rank, regardless of what server they are on.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast