We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Curious about Burgle

I'm a new Burglar who just earned the ability to Burgle. But it seems pointless to even try. Its a lot of effort to sneak and *maybe* get a success (about 1 success per 12 tries so far) which does nothing but fill my bags with trash.

I've seen about how Burgle has a different loot table so it doesn't detract from deathloot, thats nice for my fellowship. I've read how it *might* cause a debuff of some sort but I haven't seen it happen.

Is there any way to make it more productive or useful?

Is it possible to get the [questitem] off my target without killing it? I'm not talking about boss drops here - I'm more interested in fulfilling the "get me 8 orc emblems"-like quests by being sneaky instead of being just another kind of killing machine.

Re: Curious about Burgle

You're not going to get a quest item while using burgle, and the class trait "Footpad" is what adds a possible debuff to the skill.

I burgle something well over half the time (I do have +25%, which has since been removed from our LI's), and it's great for gathering pots. The vast majority of the time it's a status or morale/power, sometimes some yellow/purple item or a LI. The burgled LI's always seem to be no higher than 63, even when you burgle them from a mob 65 or higher - kinda annoying. Would be cool to have burgled an item that then ID's nicely, but whatever.

It takes an extra 1 second before you start combat, so I always hit the skill. It's not a skill to get excited about most of the time, but it's a lot better than it used to be.
    :[COLOR=lightblue]Jinny[/COLOR]:[COLOR=lightblue]Battlebear[/COLOR]:[COLOR=lightblue]Groovy[/COLOR]:
    :[COLOR=red]Rekker[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Red]Goodpuppy[/COLOR]:

the most common items I get from burgle are potions, which stack nicely and vendor for a very nice chunk of change. The yellow trash items are actually, on occasion, usable until level 25 or so as well, but in the long run yellow trash items and other junk are mostly to be thrown away immediately.

Its mostly a fun waste of time. Once in a very, very blue moon you get a purple quality item, even legendary items, as well as some rare purple items in the 30-50 level range. But this is so rare (in 3 years or more, this has happened less than 100 times) do not count on it.

I was recently able to give 4 or 5 different raiders in my kin a stack of salves of various types just from burgles & loots, but probably half of them or more were from burgle. Total value was a couple of gold, which is pretty lame given that I can make that in an hour while burgling pots takes weeks.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"

The buff you're talking about is when you start to trait down the gambler line and trait Footpad. It gets easier to burgle once you get your distract skill, which turns the mob away from you and allows you to sneak directly behind rather than try to loop around your mob the slow way.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    the most common items I get from burgle are potions...
    Can anybody confirm morale and power pots are still burgleurgleable in the beta? Reason I ask being the elimination of these potions from the loot tables for kills.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]