We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burglars: Auto attack or not?

Right now I have it off, but I'm wondering if I should turn it on. Whenever it is on it always breaks stealth before I can use Surprise Strike.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000382b26/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]:

Re: Burglars: Auto attack or not?

It shouldn't. I have auto-attack on and it doesn't cause a problem.

What else are you doing before you do Surprise Strike? Maybe something else you're not aware of is breaking stealth.

If you are right clicking the mob as you approach, aa will break you from stealth. I left click (or tab) and don't have an issue.

Auto-attacks can comprise 50% or more of your total damage. You want it on at all times.

It shouldn't break stealth just having them on - something else is causing that.

The NOLDOR of Arkenstone

Oh, I must've right clicked it. nm
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000382b26/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]:

This just reminded me that I have trouble with autoattacks immediately breaking the stealth-provoke mez. The best workarounds I've found are changing targets or backing up out of melee range, but there's got to be a better (and probably embarrassingly obvious) way of dealing with it, right?
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Garamond]* * *
    [/FONT][/I][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"From without the World, though all things may be forethought in music or foreshown in vision from afar, to those who enter verily into Eä each in its time shall be met at unawares as something new and unforetold."[/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by BIGeyedBUG View Post
    This just reminded me that I have trouble with autoattacks immediately breaking the stealth-provoke mez. The best workarounds I've found are changing targets or backing up out of melee range, but there's got to be a better (and probably embarrassingly obvious) way of dealing with it, right?
    The most convenient way for me is toggling auto-attacks off with the tilde (~) key.
    [b]Dolcrist[/b] [I]Call to Arms[/I]
    [b]Unguluk[/b] [i]Abyss[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by BIGeyedBUG View Post
    Not really. I run thru the mob so its back it to me as provoke wears off. Others spam escape to drop target. Others back off, or toggle AA, etc. Pick something that works for you.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"