We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Anyone know the exact rules for this forum? Can we post Plugins here? Thanks!
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

Re: Forum Rules

lotrointerface will be hosting addons for d/l and have been around forever hosting ui skins.

there is also a new kid on the block at lotroplugins.com

personally i prefer to get my addons from lotrointerface then from a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Darej View Post
    lotrointerface will be hosting addons for d/l and have been around forever hosting ui skins.

My stuff is already posted there... but I also like to give options for what everyone likes. So, that means including secondary & tertiary options.
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

I couldn't figure out how to post my stuff on lotrointerface. Am I just being dense? How are you supposed to upload your plugins? Is there a specific forum you're supposed to go to?
    Last edited by Deusdictum; Sep 06 2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Deus

Thanks for the links, I've always used lotrointerface for UIs but lotroplugins looks like a good site for LUA stuff as well!
    Votan | Xeyila | Grisburnakh
    Retired - Thanks for the fun and the fights

Curse is supposed to have lotro downloads too, for those of you used to downloading from Curse. It is a safe site, that has been hosting WoW addons for years.

says this at the bottom of my screen. Anybody else?

You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may post attachments
    You may edit your posts
    Westhalian-Firefoot, Vyspark-Crickhollow, I'm not quite 1337 but I'm close...1336
    Predict In-Game Time plugin
    "Community is all of us together. As the current community, we have a huge opportunity to <transform teh nuubs into our awesomeness>" - Clover (paraphrased)

I think that is showing your setting globally since I have the same, but I also have it on other forums.

That being said, reply for this forum includes the Manage Attachements option, while others do not, so it looks like this forum is attachment enabled...
    The Un-named Kinmate
    LOTRO Utilities

On a different tact, I wonder whether posting plugins which are useless without an additional application will be allowed...
    The Un-named Kinmate
    LOTRO Utilities

I looked on Lotrointerface.com but could find no LUA stuff. help please?!?!

I don't have the first clue how to write them myself so must rely on the smart script writers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001bd1bc/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by HeyDoMerryDew View Post

I don't have the first clue how to write them myself so must rely on the smart script writers.
    Its not there yet, but is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearTonic View Post
    Anyone know the exact rules for this forum? Can we post Plugins here? Thanks!
    I'll be working with OCR to try and make the forum breakdown a little clearer. The goal is to have a section for known issues/trouble-shooting/feedback with existing APIs, a section for future API suggestions/discussions, and this general section for announcements and general Lua chatter. As for if plugins can be attached directly to the forums, no. You can of course link to plugins hosted elsewhere but you will not be able to attach them/host them on our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyDoMerryDew View Post

Cairenn over at lotrointerface promises the Lua section will be up Soon®

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    The goal is to have a section for known issues/trouble-shooting/feedback with existing APIs, a section for future API suggestions/discussions, and this general section for announcements and general Lua chatter.
    I think this is very important and should be described. Correct if i am wrong:

known issues/trouble-shooting/feedback - Discussion Thread - Discussion of APISs that are functioning
    section for future API suggestions/discussions - Project & APIs Development - Discussion of projects and develpment of APIs, as well suggestion for new ones
    general section for announcements - Completed APIs - Publish your API here, completed APIs only (1 topic per API) (or was this suposed to be Turbine announcements about Lua?)

Actually, the discussion thread could be changed to a Lua discussion, because the "Completed APIs" can be used for dicussion of APIs, so my final sugestion would be:

Discussion - Lua Scripting Thread - Discussion about Lua Scripting, features and sugestions
    Project & APIs Development - Discussion of projects and develpment of APIs, as well suggestion for new ones
    Completed APIs - Publish your API here, completed APIs only (1 topic per API). Report bugs and give your feedback about Completed APIs!
    Tutorials and Guides for Lua Scripting - Post tutorials, guides, and documentations related to Lua Scripting.
    /words

Cairenn over at lotrointerface promises the Lua section will be up Soon®

and it is up.

there is now a lua section in the downloads and some authoers have already uploaded some add-ons!!!

link in my sig