We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Where is the API documentation?

The most recent revisions to the API documentation were created in late June 2010 and provided to testers in conjunction with Beta 2 of the Volume III, Book 2 update on Bullroarer.

Every single page of this documentation has an ominous warning at the bottom:
    (C) 2010 Turbine Entertainment
    This documentation is provided for Beta testing only.
    Not for redistribution.
    Has the documentation been updated for the released version? (Of special importance are the changes to PluginData loading and saving.) Where can new plugin authors expect to find these resources?

Re: Where is the API documentation?

Unfortunately, I still can't give you a definite answer right now on when this will be available. The only thing I can tell you is that we are working on it and hope to have the full and correct documentation linked here soon (keep an eye out for an introductory post by me).

Is it possible for non beta testers to have access to the beta doc just to have a look at it ? (would like to get use the downtime to check the philosophy of the API)
    Last edited by crooner; Sep 07 2010 at 06:41 PM.

Update! We got the updated documentation uploaded and ready to go! http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=354331

Awesome! Thank you, Narrel!

I'm showing it off to some of my WowAce buddies now.

Even though the API is still small, Turbine gets HUGE props for actually taking the time to document the API and publishing it for authors. Even the big guys don't take the time to support their authors this well!

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    Update! We got the updated documentation uploaded and ready to go! http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=354331
    Thank you for keeping on top of this during down time.

One of my jobs in my kin is to get a handle on Lua scripting to improve the kin raid experience. (I am a programmer in real life.)

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    that was incredifast !