We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Common Plugin Manager and Plugin Control panel

Two things which would be HUGE boons to the users, a Turbine sponsored Plugin Manager (and one that would have a load order option), and a Turbine sponsored Plugin Control panel.

As far as a Plugin Manger would go, the plugin Manger would be an excellent candidate for incorporation into the vanilla UI. The only additional feature that would really be nice is one for load order.

As far as a plugin control panel, I would imagine some sort of API that would a plugin author could use to display a control panel they authored for their plugin, should the plugin need it. This would allow standardization, and centralization, of all of the plugin controls out there, and vastly improve the users experience.

I don't know enough about plugins to know if the second option is a pipe dream, or something that could actually be viable given the current API.

Re: Common Plugin Manager and Plugin Control panel

I'd really like to see a Turbine built Plugin Manager on the character select page, so that I could select and load plugins before login to the game, much like WoW does with their Add-On button on the character select page.

The Plugin Manager I'm using now is fine, a great Plugin really, but something to load via GUI on that page would really bring this mainstream for the player base. I'm not sure that 99% of players even know that the plugins exist right now.
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

Re: Common Plugin Manager and Plugin Control panel

Quote Originally Posted by Schreik View Post
    I'd really like to see a Turbine built Plugin Manager on the character select page, so that I could select and load plugins before login to the game, much like WoW does with their Add-On button on the character select page.

The Plugin Manager I'm using now is fine, a great Plugin really, but something to load via GUI on that page would really bring this mainstream for the player base. I'm not sure that 99% of players even know that the plugins exist right now.
    Yes agreed - even if they just gave it its own panel inside the game itself. As long as it auto loaded seclected plugins, it would make things a lot more convenient.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]