We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Arrow Thursday 9/16/10

Good morning, Crickets! It's Thursday. Not quite Friday but a hell of a lot closer than Monday! I'm bracing myself for yet another weekend of server slams complete with red walls and rubber bands!

IG: Level 30!
    This trying not to level thing isn't working out so well. Armourer needs ore. Ore happens to be surrounded by things that need killing. Things that need killing where I'm needing ore = xp. You can add that one up. But at least Koteas is into Artisan for metalworker.

Not much happening ICly. Here and there's, lots of drinking and a little bit of dancing.

IRL: Interview today. Here's hoping.

So, how's your day shaping up?

/coffee
    [color=#4CC552]~ Koteas[/color]
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][URL="http://chcrick.guildlaunch.com"][B][I][COLOR="#7A5DC7"]Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!
    Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
    spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises![/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][/FONT]
    [color=#FF8040]Champion - Crickhollow[/color]

Re: Thursday 9/16/10

Who opened the unlicensed coffee cart in Crickhollow? Could I at least have a mug of hot chocolate?

Congrats on level 30, and hope the job interview goes well. Harper Cricket is still bouncing along at level 8, but plans to start adventuring "real soon." She just has so little time between breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, tea, dinner, supper, and evening snacks.

That, and they love to take the server down during my prime gaming time, 8am-9am EST.

--Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

I feel your pain, Harper. I have this glorious 3-hour break in the mornings on Thursdays.... kids are off to school, wife is off to work, my first class isn't until noon. But can I play LOTRO? No! Denied!!!!

Good luck on the interview, myskaal!
    Raffin Larch - Burglar
    Gwyllan Croft - Champion

It's a rare day that i would get to play during a week day.

I am trying to decide today if I buy a smaller house or save up for the deluxe home! I am leaning towards the deluxe home so the money isn't wasted. The bigger question then is: hobbit or dwarf home?

I'm right there with you all. I have a few hours before my day gets going and was hoping to get through some quick questing, but alas it's not to be.

Oh well, there's always later.

Good luck on the interview!!

Who opened the unlicensed coffee cart in Crickhollow? Could I at least have a mug of hot chocolate?
    Self serve in here until someone gets that cricket a contract!

Thanks for the luck wishes! I'm honestly not sure how it went. The lady was like a whirlwind! Hoping my game face stayed in tact.

I'm in a related situation with the housing, Phlouk. I saved up for the deluxe, now I just have to figure out which Bree hood I want to plant myself in. Hopefully one where I'll be surrounded by role playing neighbors.

So boo for prime play down time but yay for the return of the Maze?
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"][URL="http://chcrick.guildlaunch.com"][B][I][COLOR="#7A5DC7"]Arise now, arise, Riders of Théoden!

I'd gladly help you build an RP neighborhood by purchasing a home near yours, however... I'm not quite there just yet, cash-wise. When I'm ready, I intend to put the feelers out later to see what neighborhood has a decent concentration of RPers in it. I had some roleplaying neighbors on Landroval and it was a blast -- though it was kinda hard to lure them out of the neighborhood and into the Big World sometimes!
    Raffin Larch - Burglar
    Gwyllan Croft - Champion

Yep. I'm hoping folks will start voicing more opinions on which neighborhood they are thinking of taking up residence in.
    I'm kinda partial to Wilstead (wasn't that one of the Landy ones?) or Uxbridge.

So no work today... Was going to settle in for a long day of questing - but no... Turbine called and said they were shutting everything down until I went to work. Ah well.

Lianna is currently overwhelmed and spinning like a mirkwood spider with the sheer number of quests at level 33 in North Downs. I suppose I'll get a handle on it later. Koteas glad to hear you made Artisan MS, so few of them on the server thus far. I'll start sending you recipes I've been saving. (I have alot of them) Perhaps you might hook up an explorer with some new superior steel stuff I am an Artisan Tailor, but need more sturdy hides to master my previous tier. Then its off to find hides that are way out of my comfort level.

On another note: the coffee this morning is tasty. Yesterday Bleakwind won - crazy dragon... (sorry Mitreous she got me with that breath weapon in the middle of that awesome healing cycle.) I've decided that RK's are OP, killing a level 33 Master Elite with one 33 hunter, and one 31 RK (me) healing is ridiculous. Could have done it had I stayed out of AOE range. Whatever I heal seems to be invulnerable to damage once I ramp up... Ah well...

If anyone needs a heal later in North Downs, I'll be around!

What is going on with the guilds on this server btw? People are bouncing around like jack russell terriers, and there must be 60 guilds out there with 5 members... "Ruin" is hanging in there with like 10 consistent players, but we need more light roleplayers and mature people to make it a great home!

Sorry for the rambly post, stay safe in middle earth everyone! I'll gladly move to a RP neighborhood as well, just give me an idea of which one!

PS- looking for someone to play the second guitar part of "Master Exploder" tonight with me at the prancing pony!

-Lianna ElinOlotse
    Last edited by Njall_Thojorkill; Sep 16 2010 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myskaal View Post
    IG: Level 30!
    Wow, I must be slow. Just hit 12 and have been playing since shortly after launch. Still no direction for my one character, and the other I started was mean't to be no more than a muse. I pretty much made myself. I noticed that there was a Burl Beeman in Combe and thought it would be funny to put myself in there somehow. Still cooking up a story. So, I've got my Dwarf Hunter sitting at 12, and "me" at a comfortable 10. Where I go from here, nobody knows.

What is going on with the guilds on this server btw
    I KNOW it right?!
    Well for me at least, the first kin I decided to step up to went bust the same night I joined and number 2, a day and a half went by and we were informed the leader decided to go back to Landroval where he felt more at home.

3rd time's a charm?
    I agree there's a bit too many spread too thin and I think the server is still a little unsettled. We'll see who's laying real roots in the next month or so.

Wow, I must be slow. Just hit 12 and have been playing since shortly after launch.
    Pshaw. I can't speak for anyone else in the 30 range but I've had a lot of free time since head start.
    Many of the players that started at launch are still under 20. S'all good, as long as you are enjoying it!

Lianna! Had a good time knocking out some of the aforementioned quests with you today! Any time a Champ is lucky enough to be paired with two folks who can heal is definitely a blessed day!

Quote Originally Posted by myskaal View Post
    I KNOW it right?!
    Well for me at least, the first kin I decided to step up to went bust the same night I joined and number 2, a day and a half went by and we were informed the leader decided to go back to Landroval where he felt more at home.

3rd time's a charm?

I agree there's a bit too many spread too thin and I think the server is still a little unsettled. We'll see who's laying real roots in the next month or so.
    Same problem here! First one I signed up for disappeared, and the second one was the same one you're talking about. I suspect we'll see more guilds forming in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by bunglerm00se; Sep 17 2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Raffin Larch - Burglar
    Gwyllan Croft - Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bunglerm00se View Post
    Same problem here! First one I signed up for disappeared, and the second one was the same one you're talking about. I suspect we'll see more guilds forming in the next few weeks.
    This is why I started Second Breakfast on launch day. Its a place to hang your hat until you find somewhere else you'd like to go. No rules, no regulations, no strings attached. I am currently the leader, but I cannot lead 2 kins long term.
    So it will go through a transform soon.

--Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Harperelle View Post
    This is why I started Second Breakfast on launch day. Its a place to hang your hat until you find somewhere else you'd like to go. No rules, no regulations, no strings attached. I am currently the leader, but I cannot lead 2 kins long term. So it will go through a transform soon.--Harperella
    Harp has it right. This is exactly why I started Wanderlust. I know I will be around for some time and figured I would just get a kinship rolling with what I knew would be a solid foundation!