We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Plugin Loading Issues

Since LUA going Live I have been unable to load any plugins.

The following plugins fail for me, each in the same way.
    • Travel (4.0)
    • Calculator (0.4)
    • BevyOBars (3.1)
    • Align (1)
    • MountSelector (0.2)
    • CTime (1.0)
    • Manager (0.2)
    • Lotropad (0.70)
    • TonicBars (0.7) (This plugin was infact extracted from a file versioned as 0.8 but didn't update in game after a /plugins refresh)
    • Palantir (1.05)

The error message I get from every one of these is in the following format.

Unable to resolve package "Author.PluginName.Main".
    Here is an example of the error in action

Unable to resolve package "DigitalUtopia.Palantir.Ma in".
    Unable to load "Palantir".
    And like I said, the error message is systematically the same for each of the listed plugins.

Re: Plugin Loading Issues

I was having similar issue and I found out that plugins can, and do, use resources from other plugins to work.

Many use the plugin examples that turbine posted so if you don't have that in your plugin folder, some plug ins won't work.

I have BevyOBars like you and couldn't get the to work at first either. If you go to the page where it is posted at http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...BevyoBars.html in the instructions he has a link to another plugin you MUST have installed too before it will work.

So in conclusion, make sure you thoroughly read the plugin instructions.
    Last edited by pinesal; Sep 18 2010 at 01:22 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001f745a/01003/signature.png]Icemell[/charsig]

I have Dragbar installed but quite possibly not correctly. In the archive are two folders .... 'Turbine' and 'Deusdictum'. Now I assume the 'Deusdictum' folder goes in my 'C:\Users\chris\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\GamePlugins\' folder. Where does the 'Turbine' folder go?

Put them in the 'C:\Users\chris\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\' folder. So that you have 'C:\Users\chris\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia' etc

Now I was advised more then once to not put 3rd Party plugins in 'C:\Users\chris\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\' which is why I have all of my plugins in the 'C:\Users\chris\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\GamePlugins' folder. Now I am not in any way doubting your suggestion, and I will try it. I'm just curious of your logic?

Unable to resolve package "Author.PluginName.Main".
    For the error you above, make sure you retain the file structure of the plugin. It should look like:

"Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PlugIns\<author>\<Plugi nName>\"

For example, if you view Palantir.plugin, the line

"<Package>DigitalUtopia.Palant ir.Main</Package>"

specifies that the main.lua will be in

"Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PlugIns\DigitalUtopia\P alantir\"

And like others have stated, you must have all related pieces for some of the plugins to function properly.

OK, so I stand corrected now ... I moved all my plugins to 'C:\Users\chris\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\' and they work. Thanks for the tips. If I have more problems I will be sure to post back with more details.