We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Casual Player Looking for Casual Kin

Hello all,

I'm new to LOTRO and I want to get involved with what seems to be a very welcoming, "home style," and fun environment of Kins. First a little about myself...

-20 years old (21 in November, looking forward to it)
    -Currently enrolled full time at the University of South Florida (still able to be as active in game as I would enjoy)
    -Currently playing a Dwarf champion. At level 10 right now, but been leveling at a fair rate
    -Male

-I played WoW in the past, but all of my friends were into competitive PvP. I didn't really care for that atmosphere. MMO's, in my opinion, are supposed to be more based on Role Playing than battling each other. I'm not against PvP, but I consider myself more of a role playing PvE based player.

What I'm looking for in a guild....

-"Family" style of community
    -Helpful. If I'm having trouble getting a quest done, I want to know I can find someone to help me clear some mobs to loot a chest. I look forward to doing this myself when I'm a higher rank.
    -Vent server or equivalent would be a nice feature to have. A website w/ Kin forum would be cool as well. Neither of these are neccesities, would just be nice to have.
    -I could go on and on, I'm really just looking for a laid back, and chill environment, where everyone can "hang out" and just play the game, progress our characters, and have a good time.

I live in Tampa FL, so it would be cool if there is a Kin out there with a group of people in/around the community just to add to the community aspect. I'm social by nature haha.

I really like being a dwarf. I was a Dwarf in D&D back in the day, and dabbled as a Dwarf during part of my short lived time in WoW. I'd like to be part of a Kin with at least a handful of Dwarf players just to add to the RP aspect of the Kin. Or if there is even an entirely Dwarf kin that could be cool, though it may be a bit repetitive.

Again...I'm relatively new to the game so I'm still learning a few of the ins and outs of this game compared to WoW, granted I stopped playing WoW at least two years ago. But I'm a mature quick learning player, just looking for a helpful community that enjoys the game but that isn't necesarily "die hard" about being "leet" and "pwning nubz." Thats not my style at all.

Anyways, this has been a very rough and vague description of myself, but if you like what you hear and you think your kin or the kin your involved with would be a good fit please point me in your direction. Any and all suggestions will be looked into and contemplated.

PS-my in game name is Artuken. RL name is Alex. I prefer to be called Alex in forums and real life chat and such.

-Alex

Re: Casual Player Looking for Casual Kin

I'm across the bay from you!

The kinship I'm in, Legacy, might fit your criteria well. We're mature, but love to have fun, and there's plenty of dwarfs that we love to make fun of. You can check out our website at http://www.lotrolegacy.com if you're interested.

Re: Casual Player Looking for Casual Kin

Travelers of Middle Earth (ToME) sounds to be a good fit for you. Please see our post on this page and you'll get a good idea of what we're all about. Sounds like it would be a perfect match for what you are looking for and we boast a lot of toons that are in your time zone as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001007fa/signature.png]Nubbinn[/charsig]