We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

virulent disease - only way to cure if solo is to die?

Got this in the Burrow Down instances... it keeps putting a disease debuff on me that drains my power every few seconds... each time I click a cure disease potion the debuff gets cleared but the Virulent Disease stays... and since the potions have a cool down of 30 seconds... the next tick I get that same power drain debuff which has a count down of 2 mins... but it gets refreshed each tick... so how am I suppose to clear this?

edit: sorry the virulent disease is the power drain and it has NO countdown to expire. Strength is Disease 20... it puts a might and agility debuff on me called "diseased feebleness" also strength of 20, that has a 2 min count down but gets refreshed each tick so in essence it has it has an actual zero countdown... and when I click a cure disease potion the debuff gets cleared always... but it comes back after each tick.
    Last edited by Rhodes; Oct 24 2010 at 04:50 AM.

Re: virulent disease - only way to cure if solo is to die?

I presume you were standing on the place where you just killed a wight? Can't remember which one, but some of them leave an area of effect when they die. That would be the 'virulent disease'. Stand there too long and you pick up the other one.

Simply move away from the AOE and the former should dissipate.

Dont LM have cure disease skill? get one to fix you up. Still, lamesauce disease should have a cooldown.

i had that disease on me for over 2 hours... well past when I killed the mob in barrow downs. in town passing hunters kept trying to cure poison me since it looks like a poison green aura... took ride to testlebridge and took a misadventure death... ****** way to cure a disease if your solo. "virulent disease" should have a timer counting it down...

i can understand the cooldown for moral and power potions... but cures for disease, poison, fear and wounds should not have a 30 second cool down... if folks want to cure stacks of em to chain click for cures let em... good way to flush excess gold from the game.

Was your cure disease potion strong enough? Just an idea..

2 hours? No. That's a bug. /bug it. That's not supposed to happen. Oh, and hunters don't cure disease. LMs do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a1600/signature.png]Awesomely[/charsig][U][SIZE=2][URL="http://tinyurl.com/bptwyea"][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]A Hunter Wants You To Know[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/U]

I've had that happen too, it's a stinker. I was going to find a way to misadventure myself, but I tried logging out for a few minutes, when I logged back, the disease was gone.

I was using lvl70 disease pots too, just wasn't happening.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000b9d6b/01001/signature.png]Karhald[/charsig]

This happens with almost everything in game. Ive been bugged with disease, acid dots, fire dots, spider webbing and lm tar in the moors. If you dont wanna die simply log out and back in.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Actually the virulent disease maybe WAI. That is if it is like the following

The first time most of use so this type of affect was in Moria. I think it was the 16th hall, but I can be wrong about that, that you could pick up a disease that was almost impossible to cure. A lot of us ignored that disease because the debuff was not a large stat penalty. But eventually your screen started getting nasty looking goo on it, then tunnel vision, then finally death.

I can not remember what it was called but it was a virulent something. In fact it is worth catching this once just to watch the effects. The Devs did a really good job on that one.

I am thinking this is an early form of the disease you will receive in Moria. If it is, it is a real pain to cure. I think you need to clear the disease and then "Resist" the reapply, in order to be cured of it.
    I wonder what IS behind that waterfall?
    The Player Council knows!

These perma effects sometimes bug out leaving the effect on you even if you are not standing in the area that applies it. I once had a burning effect from one of those goblins that throw explosive jars on the floor and it stayed until i relogged. So relog and it should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxal View Post
    Actually the virulent disease maybe WAI. That is if it is like the following

The first time most of use so this type of affect was in Moria. I think it was the 16th hall, but I can be wrong about that, that you could pick up a disease that was almost impossible to cure. A lot of us ignored that disease because the debuff was not a large stat penalty. But eventually your screen started getting nasty looking goo on it, then tunnel vision, then finally death.

I can not remember what it was called but it was a virulent something. In fact it is worth catching this once just to watch the effects. The Devs did a really good job on that one.

I am thinking this is an early form of the disease you will receive in Moria. If it is, it is a real pain to cure. I think you need to clear the disease and then "Resist" the reapply, in order to be cured of it.
    If you can log in and log out to cure it... it's a bug. /bug it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a1600/signature.png]Awesomely[/charsig][U][SIZE=2][URL="http://tinyurl.com/bptwyea"][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]A Hunter Wants You To Know[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/U]

This is a game bug. You should send in a bug report. Turbine gives us a way to clear this effect if it bugs out. Log out. Log in. It will go away.

There is only that I know of that is permanent. It is supposed to be permanent as long as you are logged in. That is the Moria disease debuff from the fungus infected mobs. This one will spread to your fellow mates. You can clear this one with a disease potion or a lore master.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

didnt try logging out... next time i'll try that before going sky diving without a chute.

i had cure potions higher than 20... think they were L55 strength. they cured the debuff that was applied to me but that was it... virulent disease stayed on and after the next tick the debuff came back. no way to get rid of both back to back since the cool down was 30 seconds on the potions. sometimes i would resist the debuff being reapplied but no way that would hold out for the cooldown to lapse.

cure potions should cure more than 1 effect based on strength... if you have 3 diseases effects on you with strength of 20 each... you can use a cure potion strength of 60 to cure all 3 at once or 3 20 strength potions... currently cure potions do not have a level restriction... so that would make using/carrying higher level potions more logical.

SEVEN years later, and logging out is still the only way to clear this bug.

(Just had it myself).

I tried a potion and then a self heal, but neither touched the "virulent" bit; even though both my heal and the potion are well above the infection level (110 v 48).

NINE years later... and it STILL requires a log-off...
    Residing at #1 Brookbank Street, Vinepool neighborhood in the Shire Homesteads
    "Gurth gothrim Tel'Quessir"

Quote Originally Posted by hex2323 View Post
    Oh, and hunters don't cure disease. LMs do.
    When is the last time you checked out the hunter Purge Poison skill?

Probably would have been best if they had renamed that skill when they changed it to remove disease, wound, fear and poison.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    When is the last time you checked out the hunter Purge Poison skill?

Probably would have been best if they had renamed that skill when they changed it to remove disease, wound, fear and poison.
    Probably in 2010 when they posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhald View Post
    I've had that happen too, it's a stinker. I was going to find a way to misadventure myself, but I tried logging out for a few minutes, when I logged back, the disease was gone.

I was using lvl70 disease pots too, just wasn't happening.
    This often is the only way to cure a disease even if in a group. It has always been my opinion it was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by DevaJedi View Post
    NINE years later... and it STILL requires a log-off...
    Thirteen years later and guess where we are.
    "Fear not the dark. The light of my blades shall hold it at bay."

-Narangren Tirthallion, Doom-breaker