We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Barter Wallet Now Holds Superior Third Marks...Be Careful!!

The new barter wallet will now hold your Superior Third Marks. The wallet is available everywhere. Both of these things are good.

HOWEVER!!

Skirmish Barter NPCs now except STM for trade for skirmish marks. Be careful when trading!
    Nothing that is placed in your barter wallet is removable!

Re: Barter Wallet Now Holds Superior Third Marks...Be Careful!!

Huh? What else are you doing with your Superior Third Marks besides trading them for things?

Did I miss something somewhere? Is there some deep dark black market for these things I have missed?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000120b21/01000/signature.png]Magrom[/charsig]
    "I look forward to your MMO" ; "Those are horsepants."; "I'm working. My hands burn with the fury of a thousand suns: the forums would not survive many posts from me. Count yourselves lucky." - Floonisms by Floon. You are missed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmook View Post
    Huh? What else are you doing with your Superior Third Marks besides trading them for things?

Did I miss something somewhere? Is there some deep dark black market for these things I have missed?
    You couldn't trade them in for plain skirmish marks before, now you can. So if you had been going to the exchange vendor and quickly turning in all your guardsman's marks, etc, for plain marks, you will want to pay attention so you don't accidentally trade in those superior third marks for 30 (or however many it is) skirmish marks instead of holding them to turn them in for Symbols of Celebrimbor or radiance gear.
    Claribel~Abelwise~Amanaros~Cyl eth~Ellinia~Findalia~Hamlova~I orana Yelsalot~Lunella~Saeltha~Adama rit~Barannar~Brankle~Freogar~G will~Halenborn~Pentirith~Tafr~ Thanderic~Elladon Yelsalot~Caronas~Dryla~Hamor

That is a good point. A very good point.

Question Re: Barter Wallet Now Holds Superior Third Marks...Be Careful!!

I guess I just don't understand what the OP means by this, then.

If the marks are unable to be removed from the Barter Wallet, how is it that they can then be traded afterwards? Whether for regular marks or for Symbols, they obviously HAVE to be removed in order to get the item(s) you want.

Am I missing something here??

*headscratch*

Tanais @ Arkenstone

OP means that you can exchange them (by accident) for skirmish marks.

I would love to have the lock mechanism so I would not worry all the time about that myself

I think when Holth talks about them not being removable he is referring to not being able to safely store them away in your vault where they are safe from temporary bouts of idiocy.

Now you will always be carrying them, so there will always be the chance of accidentally bartering them for regular marks. Hence the warning to be extra careful at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanais-Greenleaf View Post
    I guess I just don't understand what the OP means by this, then.

If the marks are unable to be removed from the Barter Wallet, how is it that they can then be traded afterwards? Whether for regular marks or for Symbols, they obviously HAVE to be removed in order to get the item(s) you want.

Am I missing something here??
    As it was before the patch, you could remove the superior third marks (or any other type of mark) from your inventory and stash them in the bank so you couldn't accidentally exchange them.

They can be removed from the barter wallet in the process of trading them, but you can't deliberately remove them or lock them in any way so that you don't accidentally trade them.
    Claribel~Abelwise~Amanaros~Cyl eth~Ellinia~Findalia~Hamlova~I orana Yelsalot~Lunella~Saeltha~Adama rit~Barannar~Brankle~Freogar~G will~Halenborn~Pentirith~Tafr~ Thanderic~Elladon Yelsalot~Caronas~Dryla~Hamor