We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Why

Re: Why

2 words:

Learned Helplessness

This malady currently affects both sides for different reasons and can rightly be blamed for at least 70% of everything that happens which players are disgusted by.

/discuss
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000017ae5d/signature.png]Ugmog[/charsig]

Co-host and editor of [URL=www.throughthepalantir.blogspot.com]Through the Palantir[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by Baslin View Post
    She definitely small groups.
    If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic View Post
    HAS ANYONE EVER FOUGHT TARBOSH 1 V 1 ???????????????????????

I wonder if that was asked before or after someone accidentally rode their horse into us.
    That would have been after I rode my horse into you in reply to a question someone else posed in /ooc.

Regardless, I stand by what I said. I decided to remove it but was quoted in that 30 second time frame from the point where I hit submit until I removed it. The quick response there baffles me.

The last thing I want to say is simply this. The comment made by another poster was that one certain tribe is present outside of large raids. My point was there is only a handful of members from that tribe who come out to fight outside of a raid and again, I stand by that comment 100%.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    If you say so.
    We're small grouping now; come party.
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

You see... this is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by PF-Grumpy View Post
    You see... this is why we can't have nice things.
    From my myopic perspective, illuminated by the little I know about everything that has nothing to do with me, and my penchant to post about it ad nauseum, with little due regard to fact, or consideration of others points of view.

I blame you for it

I blame Timbash!

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheDance View Post
    Pff screen shot or it didn't happen. :P
    OMG TIMBASH!!! HI HI HI!
    Dowhat, Lvl65 Minstrel R6
    Tahwod,Black Arrow
    Melanthiea, lvl65 Burg of little reknown (R5ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiffe View Post
    From my myopic perspective, illuminated by the little I know about everything that has nothing to do with me, and my penchant to post about it ad nauseum, with little due regard to fact, or consideration of others points of view.

I blame you for it
    Well that would just be par for the course. And it's long been established to be Tarbosh's fault.

Well most everyone knows where I stand with what happened to creepside since last summer.

This thread was dead. The arguments were taken to PMs. And then what? A Forum Poster did what they have always been doing and decided if would be funny to **** in the pot and stir it up again. (not to mention singling people out).

Hehe, Not that I was surprised but I was hopeful by now some people would have any self respect to just let it be.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Shart is a dirty word.

Gutlard Out!
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff8c00]Creep Main [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]= [/COLOR][COLOR=#40e0d0]Gutlard of The White Hand
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff8c00]Freep Main [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]= [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Snarehelm of Legionnaires[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by F1erceGam3r2 View Post
    Shart is a dirty word.

Gutlard Out!
    Isn't a Shart a rare material found deep within the earth?

Sounds messy.
    [center][font=matisse itc][size=3][color=navyblue]Azaron[/color][color=black] [font=wingdings][size=3][color=white]t[/color][/size][/font] [/color][color=orange]Bizzarro[/color][/size][/font][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by azarrron View Post
    Isn't a Shart a rare material found deep within the earth?

Sounds messy.
    It starts deep within the earth, but then a gas bubble erupts and it gets shot out to much dismay.... It is pretty messy. From what I hear... >.>

Original Time Stamp: 11:14PM, Edited Time Stamp: 11:22PM.

Also, I have it on very good authority that TWH solo's/small groups way more than they raid. Members are out at all hours of the day/night. Basing assumptions on snap shots of time and winging it won't keep anyone on the Christmas mailing list...

Gutlard Out!
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff8c00]Creep Main [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]= [/COLOR][COLOR=#40e0d0]Gutlard of The White Hand
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff8c00]Freep Main [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]= [/COLOR][COLOR=lime]Snarehelm of Legionnaires[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by romoen View Post
    That is completely out of context and incorrect. I specifically said *I* wouldn't play a healer unless I had plans on grouping with people. The person it was directed at was whining NON stop in ooc so I suggested some other classes to play if things are difficult solo and explained why.

If you didn't feel my advice was helpful and felt so strongly about that advice then perhaps you could have invited them to your group.

I couldn't. Mine was full.
    errr.. What "advice" ?? So we creeps have gotten so bad that we have begun telling greenies that they should expect to be solo so therefore shouldn't play a certain class period. I remember loong ago when I was a greenie.. I asked which class would be preferable in ooc.. the responses were "Whatever strikes your fancy" "Do whatever you want, send me a tell when you roll the toon you want and we'll throw you a invite"

Where did that Landy go? The new one kinda blows..

You're probably right on the fact I could've invited him to my group, but then again.. I don't run mix classes raids/groups typically. Any activity I had planned wouldn't have taught him anything but to be good bait. Not heal people... hrrmm I wonder which tribe is known for running mixed class raids.........

Way too many people give way too much power and credit to TWH. I realize it's pretty infrequent for Creeps to start or join a raid, but it hasn't been so long that you don't remember how many people fit in one, right? Two weeks ago every Freep and their brother was out Freeping on a Thursday and it was pretty much TWH and about 5-10 other Creeps out there. Not only did we have a great time attempting to defend the map but we did it with the population buff the entire time. Freeps fielded at least twice our numbers, yet none of us complained and shockingly the map didn't stay red due to our overpopulation of TWH members.
    I don't doubt you have the population buff on occasion, but I've been out enough nights (while I know not a ton lately) to know that is a rareity. (the nights I'm not on there is usually 1 or 2 people in vent out there) To try and deny you are the largest creepside force out there most of the time is just beyond me. The rest of the creeps don't count for much since open raids aren't as popular as they used to be (sadly) Like I said, they are just the little fish swimming with the bigger fish that is the white hand. You're the most organized force out there, mix that with numbers and you've got yourself a deadly group.

I'm not saying a large tribe that runs well together is a bad thing. It's when you decide to run well together that seems to be hurting the PvP IMO.

I just don't see how you can't believe that overpopulation of one side isn't a problem. You all had no problem rushing to another server to help with their PvP issue (or was that just an escape, different stories have me confused) but have no interest in improving Landy's.

Well, speaking as a member in TWH, I'll add that we only do a few raids a week. Outside those raids, yes, it's definetely solo or small grouped. Believe it or not, a majority of TWH solos or small groups most of the time.
    Myself, I'm solo most of the time. When TWH groups up, we do run over the Moors, but thats only because Freeps have no organized groups anymore. (outside a few kin groups that run)

People just assume too much.

On that note, paranoia will destroy you.
    [center][font=matisse itc][size=3][color=navyblue]Azaron[/color][color=black] [font=wingdings][size=3][color=white]t[/color][/size][/font] [/color][color=orange]Bizzarro[/color][/size][/font][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Annunlos View Post
    I just don't see how you can't believe that overpopulation of one side isn't a problem.
    The sides have even numbers. Its the timing of who/when people come out that is the issue, its way out of sync.

You all had no problem rushing to another server to help with their PvP issue (or was that just an escape, different stories have me confused) but have no interest in improving Landy's.
    Ok there is no "you all" in this. Since you brought it up and admitted you are confused, here is the answer, directly from me on the issue.

I don't like playing both sides on the same server. I never have. Turbine made the game the way they did for whatever reason they did. But we all have options. I decided I wanted to creep on Landy, and Freep on E. Its just that simple. Others in the tribe feel the same way and did the same thing. There is no big conspiracy about it. No one that I know of went to "help E with their PvP", I surely didn't.

Oh and I agree with what you said about open raids creepside, it IS sad that it has largely gone away.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

The sides have even numbers. Its the timing of who/when people come out that is the issue, its way out of sync.
    Ha! This you're spot on about! And 95% of Freep are still going to log off when they see "you all" out and about. Remarkably it's the one thing everyone agrees on.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post
    Ha! This you're spot on about! And 95% of Freep are still going to log off when they see "you all" out and about. Remarkably it's the one thing everyone agrees on.
    blah blah blah blah blah
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

The sides have even numbers. Its the timing of who/when people come out that is the issue, its way out of sync. .
    Then why not vary your playstyle when it's so clearly out of sync? Look, this isn't about white hand to me...I was specifically asking about people who purposefully gank grief etc...this is not the same issue.

However, it just seems like you want your cake and eat it too.

I don't like playing both sides on the same server. I never have. Turbine made the game the way they did for whatever reason they did. But we all have options. I decided I wanted to creep on Landy, and Freep on E. Its just that simple. Others in the tribe feel the same way and did the same thing. There is no big conspiracy about it. No one that I know of went to "help E with their PvP", I surely didn't.
    So Turbine got it wrong with allowing people to play both sides on a server, and you the player CHOSE to play differently, for the better of the game.

But when it comes to raiding when there's no raid level opposition, or small grouping when there's small groups....then it's just "we do what we want to and it's the OTHER sides fault for not being able to match us".

I don't get it. Why not consider gameplay all the time?

And again, I'd like to make CRYSTAL clear...this isn't a white hand specific question. It applies to the masses of creeps AND freeps (heck, a lot of the time I think freepside is WORSE) who insist on taking 4 to kill a solo and then 10 to kill the 4 then a raid to kill the 10 and then everyone on that side to kill the raid, and then log out if you can't match and surpass the opposing numbers. It's this CRAZY progression that in my mind has absolutely NOTHING to do with gameplay, seeking better, funner, and challenging play, but ONLY about wiping the opponent into the ground and raking in points with little to no risk.
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=red][FONT=Tahoma][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Second Marshal[/COLOR] Luc Brandenbuck[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#a9a9a9][FONT=Tahoma] ~[B]Battlemaster[/B]~
    Stalker's Enemy*Reaver's Enemy*Blackarrow's Enemy*Warleader-Foe*Weaver's Enemy*Defiler-Foe
    [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=lime][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Tahoma][B]Champion[/B][FONT=Tahoma]:[SIZE=1]'The only thing our opponents can do that we care about is die.'-Graalx2[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/FONT]

Out of curiousity... why? I'm genuinely interested in this statement.

blah blah blah blah blah
    Actually, Budhorn's catchy 'two wasted hours' phrase is more fitting.
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Raiffe View Post
    Out of curiousity... why? I'm genuinely interested in this statement.
    No you aren't.
    [/CENTER]

No you aren't.
    Now THAT is a Tribe leader!

Remind you of anyone?
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Ita dicimus omnes

No you aren't.
    LMAO! 10char

Now THAT is a Tribe leader!
    No, it's someone who knows me very well, who happens to be a Tribe leader.

You're probably right on the fact I could've invited him to my group, but then again.. I don't run mix classes raids/groups typically. Any activity I had planned wouldn't have taught him anything but to be good bait. Not heal people... hrrmm I wonder which tribe is known for running mixed class raids.........
    Are you legitimately trying to spin that as an excuse for why it's okay for you to not invite a new player yet it's not okay for us? Really? I mean REALLY?

/commence laughter

I'm not saying a large tribe that runs well together is a bad thing. It's when you decide to run well together that seems to be hurting the PvP IMO.
    Read that statement out-loud and tell me that's not one of the most absurd things ever.

I just don't see how you can't believe that overpopulation of one side isn't a problem.
    Where did I say that? I never said that. But like Tarbosh said better than I could bother trying to say again... "The sides have even numbers. Its the timing of who/when people come out that is the issue, its way out of sync."

You all had no problem rushing to another server to help with their PvP issue (or was that just an escape, different stories have me confused) but have no interest in improving Landy's.
    I, myself, me, Ophelia... I am the ONLY one in Legionnaires/TWH that left Landroval for an escape. I made my reasons very clear (publicly even) and have never denied it. Elendilmir's pvp needs (or lack of needs) had NOTHING to do with the decision.

That's probably the saddest and most pathetic truth I've seen yet.

You know what we do when we hear Freeps are rolling huge numbers and taking over the map? We log onto our Creeps and prepare for a night of pvp. It's unfortunate Freeps hear that challenge and decide to all band together and.... not pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane9 View Post
    Then why not vary your playstyle when it's so clearly out of sync?
    You know what happens when we call it and just all log off? Freeps suddenly show up and turn the map blue. It has happened so many times now I've lost count.

This is open world PvMP where the field can change from minute to minute so for you to suggest that we all need to just break it up and log off so that the small groups and soloers can have their fun is denying not only a large population of people their time to pvp but ignoring the fact that at any moment the tide may change and an entire Kinship or group of friends may decide to come out and threaten some property.

Contrary to popular pessimistic belief, we're not roaming around hoping to run into a random unlucky bloke on their way to find a good 1v1... we're roaming around hoping to find a raid. If we find that random unlucky bloke on their way to find a good 1v1 are we going to avoid them and let them have a free pass? Hell no, we're not. And you wouldn't either.

Edit to Add: Asking "us" to change our playstyle to better the field is no different than us asking "you" to change yours. You want less people and we want more. Why do you not take the responsibility on yourself to get more people to fight with? Why is your game play more important than ours and why do you always look to others to change the way they play but you don't need to change the way you do? "The zerg" running around ruining your 1v1 opportunities may be griefing and ruining your fun, but mass log-outs and a refusal to go out to pvp because we're on the field ruins mine.

So who's more responsible?

Short answer? Nobody. Just pvp or go home but no matter which you choose to do... stop whining about it.
    Last edited by romoen; Dec 02 2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Took out the part about the WL since the story is so out of context and inacurate.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

I think I agree with Needlewitch now... ((sorry, Stariya))

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast