We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Documentation and examples updated!

Updated 10/11/2017 to link to new Lua API Documentation

Both the API documentation and the script examples zips have successfully been uploaded! We apologize for the delay. As always, if you have any questions or comments about the current API, please post in the Current API Issues and Discussions sub-forum and we will get you the answers you need as soon as we can. Now that everything is updated, here is a quick set of Lua patch notes for what changed with this week's update. Enjoy!

-Nar

API Additions:

-Started to expose attributes for player type, classes, and races. Examples:

• GetAttributes, GetClassAttributes, GetRaceAttributes.
    • GetFocus, GetAttunement, GetFervor, GetRampage
    • GetStance
    • etc.; check the updated documentation for the full function set

-Added a ClearItems function to list boxes
    -Added an initial implementation of a TreeView control
    -Added Engine.GetCallStack for getting the Lua call stack for debugging purposes

API Fixes/changes:

-Fixed a bug where the changed event for CheckBoxes did not fire when clicking on the check image itself
    -Fixed a bug where ScrollBars not properly positioning themselves when the minimum value was not 0
    -Fixed a bug where using Quickslots in a ListBox would cause the client to crash when plugins were unloaded
    -Fixed a bug in PluginData where the first save operation would fail
    -The local player can no longer be accessed via “Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlaye r()” and instead must now be accessed via “Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlaye r.GetInstance()”
    -Windows now start as invisible by default; you must explicitly call “SetVisible(true)” on them after creating them if you want them to be immediately visible
    Last edited by Silorien; Oct 11 2017 at 01:36 PM.

Re: Documentation and examples updated!

oooh, and I found a lot of that stuff last night!

"GetFocus, GetAttunement, GetFervor, GetRampage
    GetStance"

There goes my head start!

Is anyone else seeing the OLD documentation when they download the above link? Is it linked correctly?
    Last edited by NuclearTonic; Nov 30 2010 at 06:42 PM.
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

yes those links are still linking to the old documentation and plugins

Sadly, it looks as though something went awry. I too am getting a .7z file with all of the files inside it dated 9/30/2010 and exactly matching the old docs.

Somehow, the new documentation didn't actually make it.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 30 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah, looks like the same thing for the example code as well.....

TheOneBag is broken on extract.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Sadly, it looks as though something went awry. I too am getting a .7z file with all of the files inside it dated 9/30/2010 and exactly matching the old docs.

Somehow, the new documentation didn't actually make it.
    I'm seeing the same thing

Hmmm... looks like there may have been a caching problem on our content server. I'll chat with the web folks and see what the deal is. Sorry about that, guys.

WooHoo! API documentation is updated...
    So are plugins! Just the OP for the download links. They are the correct ones now
    Thanks Narrel!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000018a788/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Hazado View Post
    WooHoo! API documentation is updated...
    So are plugins! Just the OP for the download links. They are the correct ones now
    Thanks Narrel!
    Excellent! I was hesitant to make a post until I tried it from outside the building this evening to be super sure we got the cache refreshed but since you're able to get it, I think we're in business =). You're very welcome! Sorry it took so long to get it out there for real. If anyone else has any other issues with downloading the updated docs and examples, let us know. Thanks!

-Narrel

Still seeing the older version of TheOneBag in the example scripts. Frustrating too..... I'm having difficulty getting the older version to work correctly after the November 2010 update....

Sadly, the new Turbine files also broke my TravelWindow plugin.

Some of it has been easy to fix, but I am currently stuck trying to figure out what is causing:

...he Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Turbine\Type.lu a:220: Invaild member function call.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Still seeing the older version of TheOneBag in the example scripts. Frustrating too..... I'm having difficulty getting the older version to work correctly after the November 2010 update....
    What specific issues are you having with TheOneBag after downloading the current examples zips? We'll try to figure out what the deal is from there. It could be another caching problem or could be a problem with the uploaded files themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by D.H1cks View Post

Some of it has been easy to fix, but I am currently stuck trying to figure out what is causing:

...he Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\Turbine\Type.lu a:220: Invaild member function call.
    Not really sure on that one. I'll take a look and see what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    What specific issues are you having with TheOneBag after downloading the current examples zips? We'll try to figure out what the deal is from there. It could be another caching problem or could be a problem with the uploaded files themselves.
    Aside from the Player.GetInstance() bug, it seems like some of the events relating to the inventory aren't firing correctly, causing TheOneBag to not behave correctly. Most of the stuff I've done was figuring out which events are being fired, to attempt to determine where the bug(s?) are. Notes are at http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Plugins-Issue.

I'm guessing that there's some interaction between the player inventory and the character panel that's not firing events correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by D.H1cks View Post

Not really sure on that one. I'll take a look and see what's up.
    I started a thread in the issues and discussion forum about my problem. For now I have a work around.

Man I wish we'd had a heads up this was coming. The modification to the location of Class.lua has broken every plugin user out there who downloads the new "Example Scripts" archive (which actually isn't just Example scripts but contains the Turbine folder which is needed to run any plugin).

Sorry, I'm a little frustrated with this as it was not available for testing prior to being pushed on Live. Literally every plugin is broken. A few days or a week would have been really nice. We could have patched up plugins that aren't currently being worked on anymore as well as seen to our own since in most cases it's simply importing "Turbine" in addition to "Turbine.Utils" (we have to keep Turbine.Utils around to support those who have not upgraded).

[Edit: Turns out we can't keep Turbine.Utils around since it doesn't exist in the new package. Ah well, upgrade or die!!!]
    [Edit2: Turns out you can keep it by using pcall(import, 'Turbine.Utils')]

As a developer, I realize sometimes things need to be pushed without warning. I sincerely hope this type of release cycle is not the norm and we'll be given an opportunity to test these types of drops in the future.

I have all the respect in the world for you guys in getting this great API out to us, I just ask for a little heads up.

I'd also strongly encourage changing the link from "example scripts" to be something which indicates you actually need it to run any plugins out there.

Now back to patching all the plugins I use.

Frell
    Last edited by Biabo; Dec 01 2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: found out more info... again
    [center][url=http://www.thirstytravelersinn.com/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000003ba01/signature.png]Frello[/charsig][/url][/center]

Aside from the Player.GetInstance() bug, it seems like some of the events relating to the inventory aren't firing correctly, causing TheOneBag to not behave correctly. Most of the stuff I've done was figuring out which events are being fired, to attempt to determine where the bug(s?) are. Notes are at http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Plugins-Issue.

I'm guessing that there's some interaction between the player inventory and the character panel that's not firing events correctly.
    There are definitely bugs in current Player.GetInstance() implementation:
    Most importantly GetBackpack() : GetItem doesn't get updated properly when items are moved from & to bags inventory, like when item is equiped or drag & droped from character screen or vault.
    There is also seem to be improper event firing when items are moved in, into or out of inventory - DragDrop event also generates not only ItemMoved, but also ItemRemoved & ItemAdded events, which I think cases ItemMoved to send args.OldIndex with empty item.
    Also Turbine.UI.Lotro.ItemControl no longer has :SetParent method for some reason.
    The above misbehavior makes item management plugins to malfunction for most external (character, vault, shortcut) to internal (bags) manipulations.
    We really need some kind of fix or workaround for this issue.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000ca87/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Unfortunately, the character panel <--> inventory messages do appear to have been broken with the update. We are looking into what caused that now.

**crosses fingers**

Hopefully this is something easy to fix. Keep us posted =)

Could this problem be causing these too?

...Rings Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia\P alantir\Main.lua:42: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
    ...Rings Online\Plugins\OrendarPlugins\ BuffBars\EffectManager.lua:12: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasp View Post

...Rings Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia\P alantir\Main.lua:42: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
    ...Rings Online\Plugins\OrendarPlugins\ BuffBars\EffectManager.lua:12: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
    Have you updated both plugins since the patch?

Yeah i hacked all the plugins to accomdate EU and US players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000003c346/01007/signature.png]Aegimdir[/charsig]
    [b][u]Plugins[/u][/b]
    [url=http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=468][b]OneBigBag[/b][/url] | [url=http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=475][b]TBPO Plugin Set[/b][/url]

I don't understand LUA scripting; the jargon is a complete foreign language to me. I can figure out from the discussion here that you guys realize that something is not quite working in the new download.

In the meanwhile, what can I do to make my plugins work? Only one out of like, half a dozen of them actually work. I don't have access to the old download, AVG killed my computer and I had to reinstall everything. Is there a place I can get the old working documentation thing, the one that worked? Or is there something I can do to the files in my plugins to make them work again?

Thanks.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

You can check http://www.lotrointerface.com for updates to some of your plugins. There's probably other sites.

There's two main issues with Lua Plugins:
    1) Some of Turbine's hooks in the game for us Lua coders to attach our plugins to aren't working correctly.
    2) What this thread is focused on, some of the updates to the Turbine coding examples aren't working correcly

Keep in mind that Lua Plugins are a Beta feature to LotRO - that means that it's still being developed (on both sides), so while what's going on is frustrating, it's something to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasp View Post

I found the fix to that error is to add

.GetInstance

after any call for .LocalPlayer

When I try to access the links in the OP, I get whole screens of this:

7z��'��N�"e�����$��������t ;���� ����Z�s[�}� �ւK�CN�K���m�1:��_��zp)�x܇ "2�fe��G=���w�=6�F��
    [MZ�@�D1۷T��Qr��$l� i��7���qE�_�s���o���D�$"�+��� xop=�5;H�v ���Y�B3���K�P4�z,w�*%K���@� �^��n;��痓�b�/+��T��8��Ru��(�3o���o�BϬ �C��
    j,8��t�p� ��S�u~ą����6]:���9�ѢZ.@�}Adˁ2������L`�xШ9 Qg�/���Ǽ����(7�Oxu�@��[�ܾ��,B��CX���b#X�X�4> �T�jKx$$c`�����Ӏ�ǂe���ϝ׶�_L` 7~lq���6X�}�uN�G�#��4����  1��-�p`�k_�܀��KH1�ee��iw���녫� ܄�v��gբ�f j�(��J��W����l��5��IM9)Qv �}O)y���S��]K�gխS�uh�A0)�1.tω
    �4�h�X#.�3�/�o���$��*1�fn�B���0#��1~��i � *�M����7A����ؖP�4��� �A
    �D�0�o�����m���O[�8���}��Bn�#��D�b��{�ċ$rlB��! �HNIV����'r�f����Ȑ`9HA>u�Ɩ� #��7�K�[n���J4
    C�6�'@�d�*F#���� Q���=�~��g��
    ������䝩����=G%�zֶ� J�b]荵�zQ��s�q��w�d´,�ψn:C:S�(*(*6 ������
    ; �mX��AWK,\�M8�g��<դM��9�#� ��}������&Y��T�аc8��� %0-^W���<����r1b~��N����:���� D�Tu(�J!V~�~Aț�|Q�,�򁈱� ?
    J���Ev��[j(�\;`c�UQ���V��Ӑ�k�^^�f C[�t-K�nd��b:v,Ҳ���%��j?}�j�y� ��#>��ɘ��)N�9��-�ygJ;��9�h��7:��!N��n� ��ip`m
    bP��Ĕ�9g��X��� �����`! TD5�%f%�}28��BO݆ �1�\�x.�q�3W�#��z��|k��4�d �&{&��D�wn�"��� V��a���l�[Mw�Sn�~'��K�X��b��'Q�C��� ) 7��ï��|y2�7۳~Xg��%Vq� �򿎺�qh>�o)B:l>����$c�� b��[�M���Үo�-�N�S��,N�J��1c0|�Jy�pc�Q�LO?J �+�EOn��cS�# �»U����q�Z�`B��3'���d l �2�0�ϴD}�D��k�k� �@Čl�1)���9F)׈��U�����yΉs �Da��X�������)�[="n8�7o�d*IZ�?�Znٍ�}�(u�D�ա �&��B�f%S5�-�8�v�Qz�!�17��0�=���O��ݩ�{7�j d����<��j鈀�us<��(@�!>Ζ8�i� ,���˶# �/G�M%<�rD�
    �W�[��p��ꝣXZ���uL����]�O.���+�r��8�0�# t�дIM� D�'�]_&d���گZ��

Nice, eh?
    �D�/1o���R�{4��i�7����?��h8�� D�՗+�y�3:�n�-V22����|'5�T�ɥI�k�5���j�^� w
    [COLOR=blue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000094540/signature.png]Kugnakhaluk[/charsig]
    [/COLOR]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lime]"Once you master a people by force, you rely upon force for control."--Chris Hedges[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast