We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Documentation and examples updated!

Updated 10/11/2017 to link to new Lua API Documentation

Both the API documentation and the script examples zips have successfully been uploaded! We apologize for the delay. As always, if you have any questions or comments about the current API, please post in the Current API Issues and Discussions sub-forum and we will get you the answers you need as soon as we can. Now that everything is updated, here is a quick set of Lua patch notes for what changed with this week's update. Enjoy!

-Nar

API Additions:

-Started to expose attributes for player type, classes, and races. Examples:

• GetAttributes, GetClassAttributes, GetRaceAttributes.
    • GetFocus, GetAttunement, GetFervor, GetRampage
    • GetStance
    • etc.; check the updated documentation for the full function set

-Added a ClearItems function to list boxes
    -Added an initial implementation of a TreeView control
    -Added Engine.GetCallStack for getting the Lua call stack for debugging purposes

API Fixes/changes:

-Fixed a bug where the changed event for CheckBoxes did not fire when clicking on the check image itself
    -Fixed a bug where ScrollBars not properly positioning themselves when the minimum value was not 0
    -Fixed a bug where using Quickslots in a ListBox would cause the client to crash when plugins were unloaded
    -Fixed a bug in PluginData where the first save operation would fail
    -The local player can no longer be accessed via “Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlaye r()” and instead must now be accessed via “Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlaye r.GetInstance()”
    -Windows now start as invisible by default; you must explicitly call “SetVisible(true)” on them after creating them if you want them to be immediately visible
    Last edited by Silorien; Oct 11 2017 at 01:36 PM.

Re: Documentation and examples updated!

oooh, and I found a lot of that stuff last night!

"GetFocus, GetAttunement, GetFervor, GetRampage
    GetStance"

There goes my head start!

Is anyone else seeing the OLD documentation when they download the above link? Is it linked correctly?
    Last edited by NuclearTonic; Nov 30 2010 at 06:42 PM.
    "Shepherds of the Forest" -- RIP

yes those links are still linking to the old documentation and plugins

Sadly, it looks as though something went awry. I too am getting a .7z file with all of the files inside it dated 9/30/2010 and exactly matching the old docs.

Somehow, the new documentation didn't actually make it.
    Last edited by Garan; Nov 30 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah, looks like the same thing for the example code as well.....

TheOneBag is broken on extract.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Sadly, it looks as though something went awry. I too am getting a .7z file with all of the files inside it dated 9/30/2010 and exactly matching the old docs.

Somehow, the new documentation didn't actually make it.
    I'm seeing the same thing

Hmmm... looks like there may have been a caching problem on our content server. I'll chat with the web folks and see what the deal is. Sorry about that, guys.

WooHoo! API documentation is updated...
    So are plugins! Just the OP for the download links. They are the correct ones now
    Thanks Narrel!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000018a788/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yeah i hacked all the plugins to accomdate EU and US players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000003c346/01007/signature.png]Aegimdir[/charsig]
    [b][u]Plugins[/u][/b]
    [url=http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=468][b]OneBigBag[/b][/url] | [url=http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=475][b]TBPO Plugin Set[/b][/url]

I don't understand LUA scripting; the jargon is a complete foreign language to me. I can figure out from the discussion here that you guys realize that something is not quite working in the new download.

In the meanwhile, what can I do to make my plugins work? Only one out of like, half a dozen of them actually work. I don't have access to the old download, AVG killed my computer and I had to reinstall everything. Is there a place I can get the old working documentation thing, the one that worked? Or is there something I can do to the files in my plugins to make them work again?

Thanks.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

You can check http://www.lotrointerface.com for updates to some of your plugins. There's probably other sites.

There's two main issues with Lua Plugins:
    1) Some of Turbine's hooks in the game for us Lua coders to attach our plugins to aren't working correctly.
    2) What this thread is focused on, some of the updates to the Turbine coding examples aren't working correcly

Keep in mind that Lua Plugins are a Beta feature to LotRO - that means that it's still being developed (on both sides), so while what's going on is frustrating, it's something to be expected.