We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Instance: Retake Weathertop

I ran into the bug where I killed the first boss too fast and he wasn't able to open the gate for the second boss to come through and now I'm stuck in the instance.

Re: Instance: Retake Weathertop

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant92 View Post
    I ran into the bug where I killed the first boss too fast and he wasn't able to open the gate for the second boss to come through and now I'm stuck in the instance.
    It happened to me, so I opened a ticket and a gm came and opened the gate so I could complete the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by pglaspey View Post
    It happened to me, so I opened a ticket and a gm came and opened the gate so I could complete the quest.
    How do you open a ticket?

Turbine has known bout this problem since at least 2010 and apparently has done nothing to remedy it, because now my character is stuck in the same place because he killed the first boss and now the gate he needs to get through is locked. I have to wonder why no one in the development team has permanently fixed this bug. I'm very frustrated.
    Kazren Altaholic Extrodinaire
    8 Level 140 Characters, mostly Arkenstone with Colonies on Elendilmir, Landroval, Crickhollow and Brandywine

Can't you just run back down a bit, then back in, to reset it?
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

Quote Originally Posted by Kazren View Post
    Turbine has known bout this problem since at least 2010 and apparently has done nothing to remedy it, because now my character is stuck in the same place because he killed the first boss and now the gate he needs to get through is locked. I have to wonder why no one in the development team has permanently fixed this bug. I'm very frustrated.
    I thought the fix is to go back down. Find a Torch. Use it around the gate. The critters on the other side open the gate. Perhaps come thru and try to kill you.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

and this works fine.

We did exactly that when we retook Wheatertop yesterday.

left side of the gate is a pile of wood that you can torch for the mobs to crush in the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprathla View Post
    and this works fine.

We did exactly that when we retook Wheatertop yesterday.

left side of the gate is a pile of wood that you can torch for the mobs to crush in the gate.
    Something similar has just happened to me. I went in killed a bunch of enemies, the troll was released, I killed the troll, then everyone else disappeared. Now I am sitting up here with no enemies. So I ran down, grabbed a torch, and was quite disappointed to discover that there is no pile of wood anywhere at the top. The quest appears to be completely broken. Too many of the epic quests are broken, so I am giving up on them. After seeing the quality of the ROI "epic" quests playing my main, they have become boring and pointless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamebrand View Post
    Something similar has just happened to me. I went in killed a bunch of enemies, the troll was released, I killed the troll, then everyone else disappeared. Now I am sitting up here with no enemies. So I ran down, grabbed a torch, and was quite disappointed to discover that there is no pile of wood anywhere at the top. The quest appears to be completely broken. Too many of the epic quests are broken, so I am giving up on them. After seeing the quality of the ROI "epic" quests playing my main, they have become boring and pointless anyway.
    Too many? I count two - the crebain at Crickhollow and this one - though after 5 times through each, only one ever bugged for me. I am only just starting Book III on my main.

You probably know this, but the epic rewards are pretty sweet. You'll miss out if you don't do then.
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

I've picked up torches but come across no wood piles to use it on and can't do spells or anything else while carrying torch. Can only engage pet.
    Once I kill the first mob, there are no other mobs left, last gate is open but there is nothing on other side of it. Going back, there are still no wood piles to light and I get to a locked gate. Only way out is to logout and restart quest, and then...well...it's just Groundhog Day!

Quote Originally Posted by xkanuk View Post
    I've picked up torches but come across no wood piles to use it on and can't do spells or anything else while carrying torch. Can only engage pet.
    Once I kill the first mob, there are no other mobs left, last gate is open but there is nothing on other side of it. Going back, there are still no wood piles to light and I get to a locked gate. Only way out is to logout and restart quest, and then...well...it's just Groundhog Day!
    If its where I'm thinking of, you see a boulder wall in front of you. If you go back towards the locked gate you can burn the tinder near there and that gate opens again, theres a path to the left.
    Stop That! It's extremely silly!

Thanks for that! I see that I was struggling to light the wood. Tried clicking on it etc. but basically looks like you just have to walk right up to it and hit the right spot. All good now. Cheers!

retake Weathertop

Quote Originally Posted by xkanuk View Post
    I have done everything ,waited until candlaith disappears, lit all the bonfires killed the bosses opened the gate killed more mobs, set the fire on the narrow path killed Muz and the wargs got o the summit to find every time the boulder across the path . What am I missing?

You have to jump the boulder, best performed on a mount.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Wittywoman View Post
    What am I missing?
    Update 23.1.1 Release Notes

Known Issues:

• Epic Book - Volume I Book II Chapter 5 - Instance: Retake Weathertop - A boulder currently blocks the path towards the summit of Weathertop, but players are able to jump over the boulder on the left side with some effort (it may be slightly easier to do so while mounted).

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    You have to jump the boulder, best performed on a mount.
    Be careful, if you get stuck it can and will kill you in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant92 View Post
    It just happened to me, not long after a huge bug caused me to abandon The Forsaken Inn instance as well. I did not wait for ticket response. I decided to uninstall. It is great game. But too much technical issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Femish View Post
    It just happened to me, not long after a huge bug caused me to abandon The Forsaken Inn instance as well. I did not wait for ticket response. I decided to uninstall. It is great game. But too much technical issues.
    It's easy to be overpowered- especially for the early instances of the game that were created 10-15 years ago. You can just go easy on the boss next time and it will complete normally.

However since this "bug" was so upsetting to you that you quit the game and then responded to a 12-year-old post to make your exit public, be warned- if you play another game you are likely to find bugs there too, since bugs are common in games, especially MMOs. Just letting you know in advance so you don't do anything drastic next time.