We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy BUG: Book 5 Chapter 8 Fire and Ice: Cannot activate Obelisks

I cannot seem to get past the "Examine the Obelisk" step. I have examined the glowing obelisk at the base of the stairs (at least ten times :-), fought my way to the other three sets of obelisks but they are not glowing and I cannot select them (and my quest objective is still "Examine the Obelisk".

Anyone else have this problem or am I just missing something obvious?

Re: BUG: Book 5 Chapter 8 Fire and Ice: Cannot activate Obelisks

Ok first of all, just to be clear -- did you go to the correct rooms that contained the obelisks?

Also, the obelisks don't glow. You go up to them and click on it. Make sure that the little "hand" icon that indicates something is clickable is lit up.
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=Yellow][COLOR=Pink][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000004c607/01008/signature.png]Porkrinds[/charsig]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I had this happen once (prior to mirkwood in fact) and we had to reset the instance and it worked fine after that.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

I actually did that quest yesterday on one of my toons. Worked fine.

I had trouble with collecting a heart stone from some statue thingy in bk6. I went to all the various ones and both versions of the chat showed up, one where it wasnt in that particular statue and keep searching, and the other where it said it was the right one but the continue quest never advanced the actual quest.

I had to cancel the quest and pick it up again and that worked. Might just have to do the same thing with your bk5 chpt8 quest.

Just had the same problem, I am resetting now to see if it works.

If you log out and bak in it will fix the problem.