We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Good 1v1 Thread!

Every server has one. We should have (a new?) one, even though there probably aren't a ton of 1:1s happening, as most everyone is grouped in some way shape or form. Still, they do happen.

No flames or QQ please! Can include smaller engagements too - even if they aren't 1:1s. 1 v 2, etc.

I'll start.

Thanks to Toothless for several recent fights. Very tough warg for me to win against without all my attention focused on it. Thanks for never running from me when I am solo! I think I can safely confirm that you do in fact have teeth!

Thanks also to Postoffice for running around without a constant bubble, although sometimes I only see you charge into a mass of freeps (which seems to amuse you a great deal), I've enjoyed our 1v1 fights when we get them! /bow

Good fights with Brugrat and Gahroul recently as well. If I know you're teamed up, I'm keen to find you both. I love white wargs who are supposed to be other colors

Also, I miss Gii! He was always solo. Come back!
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

Re: Good 1v1 Thread!

Yeah I had a pretty good 1v1 last week with Gahroul. I had to pop a bunch of CDs and it was a good fight.

Last night during a time out in the big game, I had the pleasure of having a nice 1v1 with Arctic after he completely blew up a burg. He regen'ed, stealthed up and pounced. He blew hips but didnt run, he used it offensively and I appreciate that.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

I am developing a strong antipathy for lay of the hammerhand. It's like "yay, only 500 health left" and then "****, I'm not doing any damage."

But, I do enjoy a challenge

I had a couple of good fights yesterday: a very, very close fight with Lalgo, and an epic fight with Cynthri. Also, I got totally destroyed by an RK whose name I can't remember.

And, a few days ago vs. Silencing:

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

Quote Originally Posted by roysterer View Post
    I am developing a strong antipathy for lay of the hammerhand. It's like "yay, only 500 health left" and then "****, I'm not doing any damage."

But, I do enjoy a challenge
    It's a compliment. Most wargs I do not have to use that with. Most wargs I don't even need to pot, although I will usually pot a stun

Not sure if you're all damage traited or what, but you hit just about harder than any other warg I have fought recently (normally I am fighting at least 2 at once, so it's a little hard to judge). My shadow mit is very high (for a light armor class), so perhaps I need to bulk up on more melee defense again.
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

I have damage for health and damage for power traited. I suspect that most wargs don't do damage for health, since most wargs have more health than I do.

Really, I don't think you need to bulk up anything. As far as I can tell, you're the toughest minstrel out there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000ab032/signature.png]Toothless[/charsig]
    *Also appearing as a hobbit named Pasquitan*

I've had a lot of good 1 vs. 1's lately... Brugrat, Arctic, Gahroul, Barkh, Bizzrat, Kharis, Dinnerplate, Necksnapper, plus a bunch of others I don't dare try to write or I'll butcher the spelling. It has been a great week for 1 vs. 1!

I also quite enjoyed the fight with the creep group who let me live with 39 morale, and then we killed cows together. So much lol this past week
    Kynji

I had an epic duel between my guard and Yargax 3.5 years ago, it was awesome!
    Galuros R8 - Galuthor R7 - Galuf R6 // Landroval
    Galutooth R8 - Galu R6 - Polluter R5

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    Last night during a time out in the big game, I had the pleasure of having a nice 1v1 with Arctic after he completely blew up a burg. He regen'ed, stealthed up and pounced. He blew hips but didnt run, he used it offensively and I appreciate that.
    That was a fun fight Leekae, but you hit like a bloody freight train. XD

Edit: Read the rest of the the thread, lol. I've really enjoyed all the 1v1s that I've gotten a chance to have lately ( Kynji, Leekae, Fames, Thaluil, Silencing, Kara, Zarcharius, Jetsu, a warden who's name starts with "A" but I can't remember, and half a dozen others) . Thanks to all the folks who let the fight go to the end, even if you blew the winner up afterward =P.

Heh, I'm glad I made an impression Fames. One of the toughest RK I've fought out there, though I'm still chasing Radar and Cele around.

I was wondering what took you Snookumz. Really enjoyed that one, very close fight there.
    Last edited by Arvaen; Jan 11 2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    Every server has one. We should have (a new?) one, even though there probably aren't a ton of 1:1s happening, as most everyone is grouped in some way shape or form. Still, they do happen.

No flames or QQ please! Can include smaller engagements too - even if they aren't 1:1s. 1 v 2, etc.

I'll start.

Thanks to Toothless for several recent fights. Very tough warg for me to win against without all my attention focused on it. Thanks for never running from me when I am solo! I think I can safely confirm that you do in fact have teeth!

Thanks also to Postoffice for running around without a constant bubble, although sometimes I only see you charge into a mass of freeps (which seems to amuse you a great deal), I've enjoyed our 1v1 fights when we get them! /bow

Good fights with Brugrat and Gahroul recently as well. If I know you're teamed up, I'm keen to find you both. I love white wargs who are supposed to be other colors

Also, I miss Gii! He was always solo. Come back!
    I would like to go on record as stating that Postoffice charges into battle WITHOUT my clearance, and I do not wish to be interpreted as the warleader that is unable to appropriately and accurately bubble her reavers. I have died 100 times following this beast into the ranks, and likewise Snook. Been fun all the way, boys.

WTH! I said we needed a good 1v1 thread, and everyone was like "nooo, so and so tried one time and failed"

>.>

Anyway, had lots of good 1v1's, necksnapper, Gii, Fardochee, Oakrath to mention a few.

Chopsticks *snickers*

Lots of players I've forgotten, don't take it personally!
    Last edited by -Sylvan-Shadow-; Jan 12 2011 at 06:29 AM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][color=#3333FF][b][size=3][center] -| Commander Borfinn - R11 Guardian |-[/size] [/b][color=#B22222][size=3]| Harvester Of Hatred |[/size][/color]
    | Disciples Of The Watch |[/center][/color][/font]

Last night before RoI, Tailmange (r12) ambushed me riding from res back to group, I used PC, fear, etc., to make to EC where I killed him with the help of a npc or two (or more?). Not my first solo kill of a warg ambushing me, but the first with a name I recognized. A nice ending to being a healing Minstrel in the last month of the Mirkwood era Moors. In RoI, with the Minstrel changes, I'm probably going to be running in War-Speech. Go, go, Mini space lazers!

Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r14 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Thanks to all the creeps for the 1v1's last night!
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

That video is awsome
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Thank for all the fights down by crude grim today Dagr! I learned quite a bit, even if I was banging my head against the wall by that last fight.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Arvaen View Post
    Thank for all the fights down by crude grim today Dagr! I learned quite a bit, even if I was banging my head against the wall by that last fight.
    I don't post on the forums much (or at all lately), but I felt the need to in this case.

Excellent fights guys! Big thanks to all the creeps who fought me, and particularly Arctic and Morgale who kept coming back for more. You guys put up an incredible fight, and I was sorry to see it end. Alas, dinner trumps even fighting creeps.

I do wish that I hadn't had the population buff. The damage reduction isn't huge, but it almost certainly would have tipped the balance on some of those fights.

/salute to you all, and I hope to see you out there again soon!
    Second Marshal Dagr, Dwarf Minstrel of Landroval