We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Re: Good 1v1 Thread!

Had a good 1v1 with Oggy.

Sorry about that second one getting interrupted.
    Badguy - The Singing Reaver - The Spanish Inquisition
    Celebiel ~ Huntress ~ Riders of Rohan

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung. " - Voltaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarcharius View Post
    Kynji, it is my turn next BTW. You beat Dinner, so now it is my turn to get pwned.
    It's on! If we ever find ourselves alone, anyway, lol.

And, thanks Tail and Bizzaro for not smashing me when that spider decided to fight me....at least I got him before Burz and co. sliced me up

Edit: I am specifically not going to name Rutroh because he destroyed me, ahem.
    Last edited by Sssnapdragon; Jan 11 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Kynji

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    Every server has one. We should have (a new?) one, even though there probably aren't a ton of 1:1s happening, as most everyone is grouped in some way shape or form. Still, they do happen.

No flames or QQ please! Can include smaller engagements too - even if they aren't 1:1s. 1 v 2, etc.

I'll start.

Thanks to Toothless for several recent fights. Very tough warg for me to win against without all my attention focused on it. Thanks for never running from me when I am solo! I think I can safely confirm that you do in fact have teeth!

Thanks also to Postoffice for running around without a constant bubble, although sometimes I only see you charge into a mass of freeps (which seems to amuse you a great deal), I've enjoyed our 1v1 fights when we get them! /bow

Good fights with Brugrat and Gahroul recently as well. If I know you're teamed up, I'm keen to find you both. I love white wargs who are supposed to be other colors

Also, I miss Gii! He was always solo. Come back!
    I would like to go on record as stating that Postoffice charges into battle WITHOUT my clearance, and I do not wish to be interpreted as the warleader that is unable to appropriately and accurately bubble her reavers. I have died 100 times following this beast into the ranks, and likewise Snook. Been fun all the way, boys.

WTH! I said we needed a good 1v1 thread, and everyone was like "nooo, so and so tried one time and failed"

>.>

Anyway, had lots of good 1v1's, necksnapper, Gii, Fardochee, Oakrath to mention a few.

Chopsticks *snickers*

Lots of players I've forgotten, don't take it personally!
    Last edited by -Sylvan-Shadow-; Jan 12 2011 at 06:29 AM.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][color=#3333FF][b][size=3][center] -| Commander Borfinn - R11 Guardian |-[/size] [/b][color=#B22222][size=3]| Harvester Of Hatred |[/size][/color]
    | Disciples Of The Watch |[/center][/color][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post

And, thanks Tail and Bizzaro for not smashing me when that spider decided to fight me....at least I got him before Burz and co. sliced me up

I actually felt bad, as I wondered if perhaps you were slow to respond because of how often I end up dancing with you instead of fighting.

I don't know that I have ever taken down Jaiyne, I think I am one of those wargs she shrugs off.

I can only remember having one true 1v1 with Lee which was an epic fight at the ETA ford, with Lee winning with something like 48 morale.

I do want to give props to a hunter who tried valiantly to take me down yesterday afternoon, started with an A but can't remember the name, sorry. I happened to get several KBs in a row against him and I think he decided to try and hunt me. We had a good 5 minute battle outside of TR; (my cds were down) he tried every trick in the book, used an impressive number of traps and good use of camo. He finally DF'ed after getting a second fear off on me while my pot was down, but I didn't even mind as it is rare that a hunter (not counting Celebiel) can give an interesting fight to a warg.

And finally, I need to apologize to a couple of wardens, whom I generally ignore as a class. I tried pouncing a blue ranked warden that I didn't recognize to test his mettle, only for him to start to completely destroy me. As I was out of pots at the time of the my pounce I cowardly sprinted away at half health with barely having made a dent in him. Similarly I tried to nom an afk GS warden north of Lugz but was worried about GS riding back so burned through my power as quickly as possible trying to finish him, of course he came back with about 1k morale left and I was completely out of power and he would have easily beaten me as I had to even regen power to disappear, but disappear I did.

So, sorry, I usually will fight solo battles to the end, but reserve the right to change my mind.
    Last edited by Badferret; Jan 12 2011 at 02:40 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=SeaGreen]Rutroh - Rank 9 Stalker
    [/COLOR][/COLOR] Akunin - Rank 9 Hunter[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=SeaGreen]
    Leader of Eldain a Firimoin[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Badferret View Post
    I don't know that I have ever taken down Jayne, I think I am one of those wargs she shrugs off.
    Any warg traited all damage always gives me a very hard fight. I don't see that a lot of them do at the moment though. A lot of the solo wargs do, I notice (and that's how my warg was always traited as a solo warg). Plus, anytime I don't crit consistently, I probably won't win - or win very narrowly. But a lot of wargs hips and run, instead of finishing me off with an offensive re-pounce

Fighting two ranked wargs at once is always going to end in my death, even if one of them dies too

So most warg fights for me are very much based on the RNG it seems like.
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

I get a couple of 1v1's here and there. I am usually caught off sides though (TA Lawn or inside ) if I get too bored. I am not on as much anymore but if you see my guard out there, I'll 1v1 you if you are willing. Hell, I'll 2+v1 you if I think I have a shot at a kill. I normally won't use NPC's unless I am outnumbered and I laugh when people think pulling my guard through NPC's is going to do anything. I'll keep better track of who I fight I always look at the name but can't remember the specific fights off the top of my head. Salute and bow to the people who stand up to fight me.
    -[B]Kebelglash[/B] - Lvl 75 Rune-Keeper - [COLOR=Red][B]Guardians of the Dagorlad[/B][/COLOR]
    -[B]Chans[/B] R7 War Leader, [B]Chanakh[/B] R6 Warg [FONT=System][B][COLOR=Red]<Agony>
    [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]-[B]Turak[/B] Stormbreaker - Lvl 75 Guardian
    "Sam gave it back..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sssnapdragon View Post

We kinda waited for you to finish your fight (get your points) and then we killed you.

As far as Rutroh, I would recommend not wasting your time with him.

I was on my hunter the other night, died to him like 3 times on 1 vs 1, he finished me off like 4 times when I happened to win a fight against another creep, and after changing a couple of traits and using a different strat to kill him, he used his sprint to run to TR to deny me the points. Yeah after he killed me like 7 times, funny part is that on many of those encounters I could have just drop combat and DF, but I figured he deserved the points (I was wrong) as he's just an opportunist that hates to die and not really a good 1 on 1 opponent. So yeah after he completely healed up at TR, he came back out to try to gank me, I slowed him and DF right on his face.
    Last edited by Forza24; Jan 12 2011 at 06:07 PM.
    NanBurz

Similarly I tried to nom an afk GS warden north of Lugz but was worried about GS riding back so burned through my power as quickly as possible trying to finish him, of course he came back with about 1k morale left and I was completely out of power and he would have easily beaten me as I had to even regen power to disappear, but disappear I did.

So, sorry, I usually will fight solo battles to the end, but reserve the right to change my mind.
    I forgive you!

*Edit*

Though Wargs will be wargs right?
    Last edited by errow; Jan 12 2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Speed, Surprise and Violence of Action
    Sine Pari

I think that was me, Rut lol but I've had tons of wargs do that, so might not be you
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Cynfive Cynrion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Cynthri[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Callun Cynrios[/COLOR]
    Points > Everything
    I am spy

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Forza24 View Post
    We kinda waited for you to finish your fight (get your points) and then we killed you.

As far as Rutroh, I would recommend not wasting your time with him.

I was on my hunter the other night, died to him like 3 times on 1 vs 1, he finished me off like 4 times when I happened to win a fight against another creep, and after changing a couple of traits and using a different strat to kill him, he used his sprint to run to TR to deny me the points. Yeah after he killed me like 7 times, funny part is that on many of those encounters I could have just drop combat and DF, but I figured he deserved the points (I was wrong) as he's just an opportunist that hates to die and not really a good 1 on 1 opponent. So yeah after he completely healed up at TR, he came back out to try to gank me, I slowed him and DF right on his face.
    Sigh, guess this is what I get for singing your praises. Yes, I used sprint when you got the drop on me to heal up, but came right back out to fight you. Sprint is a skill, I use it to catch up to mounted freeps, I use it to get out of combat to heal, I use it to break combat so I can pounce again and yes, sometimes I even use it to escape a fight. Guess that makes me a bad person.
    Last edited by Badferret; Jan 12 2011 at 09:18 PM.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by mikejeff View Post
    I think that was me, Rut lol but I've had tons of wargs do that, so might not be you
    Not you, I know better as you would and have kicked my ***. A while back I interrupted someone who I guess was a kinmate of your dueling you on his reaver and you proceeded to smack me down for my troubles.

I honestly think I would have better odds against a guard than I would against a well played warden.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Had another good 1v1 with oakwrath, was doing alright, had fear pots, it was the second fear that got me though, pot was still on cd.
    From then on it was almost impossible to out dps his HoT's unless i got a lucky stun

Too bad we got interrupted in the end.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][color=#3333FF][b][size=3][center] -| Commander Borfinn - R11 Guardian |-[/size] [/b][color=#B22222][size=3]| Harvester Of Hatred |[/size][/color]
    | Disciples Of The Watch |[/center][/color][/font]

Sigh, guess this is what I get for singing your praises. Yes, I used sprint when you got the drop on me to heal up, but came right back out to fight you. Sprint is a skill, I use it to catch up to mounted freeps, I use it to get out of combat to heal, I use it to break combat so I can pounce again and yes, sometimes I even use it to escape a fight. Guess that makes me a bad person.
    You can use your skills whatever way you want. At the same time, for 1vs1, running away to heal up back to full and then trying to come back to attack just so you make sure to always have the element of surprise on your side and never against you is overkill. Is not like the sprint skill was designed to heal you back to full. But anyways, you can defintely use it that way, but I wouldn't call that a true 1vs1, thus the point of commenting it on this thread as a warning for those looking for real 1vs1.
    NanBurz

Had an awesome 1v1 with Sars' rank0 reaver.. heeeeheeeeee
    [LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Sars rerolled Spinetwist?

In other news I fought a Ranger near EC and was winning when the ranger decided to flee (and more creeps kept stumbling on the fight).

Next time, I'll catch my Ranger at the LC Hotspot and he will be all mine! MINE!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000017ae5d/signature.png]Ugmog[/charsig]

Co-host and editor of [URL=www.throughthepalantir.blogspot.com]Through the Palantir[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by Forza24 View Post
    You can use your skills whatever way you want. At the same time, for 1vs1, running away to heal up back to full and then trying to come back to attack just so you make sure to always have the element of surprise on your side and never against you is overkill. Is not like the sprint skill was designed to heal you back to full. But anyways, you can defintely use it that way, but I wouldn't call that a true 1vs1, thus the point of commenting it on this thread as a warning for those looking for real 1vs1.
    Or he could be like you... 1v1 you and then you call in the rest of your raid after you lose to finish off your opponent.
    [center][size=3]Mœgalad[/size]
    [color=skyblue][size=5]Legionnaires[/size][/color]
    [color=grey]ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ[/color]
    [size=3][color=red]Inѷisus[/color] [color=yellow]---- ҉ ----[/color] [color=red]Rɇdush[/color][/size]
    [size=5]The White Hand[/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Observer View Post
    Or he could be like you... 1v1 you and then you call in the rest of your raid after you lose to finish off your opponent.
    Nandir doesn't raid anymore. He is usually solo or in a group of a few at most...

This thread is for GOOD 1:1s btw. Please try to not flame if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    Nandir doesn't raid anymore. He is usually solo or in a group of a few at most...

This thread is for GOOD 1:1s btw. Please try to not flame if possible
    Eh, it was like 3 or 4 months ago.

Rutroh is a nice guy and a good warg. He doesn't need anyone saying that he's a cheap player, especially from the likes of Dalgumpizdur.

----

I got my 700th KB off of Celebiel last night. Man was I rusty on Invisus... I haven't played him in well over a month.
    [center][size=3]Mœgalad[/size]
    [color=skyblue][size=5]Legionnaires[/size][/color]
    [color=grey]ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ[/color]
    [size=3][color=red]Inѷisus[/color] [color=yellow]---- ҉ ----[/color] [color=red]Rɇdush[/color][/size]
    [size=5]The White Hand[/size][/center]

Rutroh is a nice guy and a good warg.
    /agree.

Also - giving a little shout to Peeba, who might be one of the most aggressive wargs on this server right now. I swear, that warg will stop at absolutely nothing to get its kill, lol.

Well looks like all of a sudden I can use my old forum account again which reminds me I have to fix that signature

I don't remember that fight you speak of, and doesn't really help the fact that you don't specify the area nor the classes we were using.
    Nandir - Caradhraz - Alundil - and others
    Burzumgoth - Nardur - Zhugash - and others

Didn't our old good 1v1 thread end up going in an eerily similar direction? I forget...and they probably purged it by now. Let's try to keep this one relatively on-topic for at least 7 pages though! Can make a game of it or something!

Speaking of which, I had a series of amusing 1v1s with Oakrath last night. Unfortunately for me he got better each time while I stayed the same, and each and every time someone ended up interrupting. Oh well...I did learn one very valuable lesson though: large rocks are not my friends.
    Saelraen Feywind, Third Worst Champion on Landroval
    Dead and buried, gone and forgotten. Mostly.
    Sunshine and rainbows and death! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by azurebob99 View Post
    Didn't our old good 1v1 thread end up going in an eerily similar direction? I forget...and they probably purged it by now. Let's try to keep this one relatively on-topic for at least 7 pages though! Can make a game of it or something!

Speaking of which, I had a series of amusing 1v1s with Oakrath last night. Unfortunately for me he got better each time while I stayed the same, and each and every time someone ended up interrupting. Oh well...I did learn one very valuable lesson though: large rocks are not my friends.
    Hey I'm just trying to remember that 1vs1 he speaks of, I don't think that is that way out of topic, nobody is insulting anyone either.
    Nandir - Caradhraz - Alundil - and others
    Burzumgoth - Nardur - Zhugash - and others

Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    Hey I'm just trying to remember that 1vs1 he speaks of, I don't think that is that way out of topic, nobody is insulting anyone either.
    Sorry if it seems like I was pointing at you specifically, that's just a coincidental result of my post appearing right below yours! I meant more the comment you were responding to (not that I'm calling him out specifically either)...that just tends to be how these things start. Or something.
    Saelraen Feywind, Third Worst Champion on Landroval
    Dead and buried, gone and forgotten. Mostly.
    Sunshine and rainbows and death! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by azurebob99 View Post
    Didn't our old good 1v1 thread end up going in an eerily similar direction?
    I think it was because people thought it was somehow related to metagaming.
    [LEFT][SIZE=2]Fames (RK), Faims (Guard) and Faimli (Champ). Defenders of the Mithril Halls.
    [/SIZE][/LEFT]
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkred]Nomba, R7 reaver; [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]Webbzilla, R5 weaver[/SIZE].[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast