We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Dwarf gaurd hips

OK well i i think its pretty weird to see a dwarf guardian hips in the middle of battle and don't know if its a skill or glitch exploit, but while in pvmp i was attacking a dwarf guard who disappeared in the middle of a battle.
    His name was something like thekraken or thecorken i didn't quite get to see it before he disappeared.
    Anyways i just want to know if its a glitch or an actual legit skill.

note: there are others who where with me when he did it a couple times in-case anyone doubts me

also i am new to the forums so tell me pls if i posted in the wrong place

Re: Dwarf gaurd hips

No known exploits I know of, I do know there are rampant rollbacks which could cause what you describe, they are caused server side and there is no way for a player to initiate and hes probably as pissed off about them as you are.

I saw this happen... it was so fast... I think it must have been some lag spike that happened right after he hit his sprint. But everyone creepside that I talked to thought he had combat logged... I guess TheKraken could tell us what happened...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100001812a4/signature.png]Fatfreddy[/charsig]
    [size=4][color=Fuchsia]All You Need is [/color][color=Yellow]L[/color][color=Chartreuse]O[/color][color=red]V[/color][color=aqua]E[/color][color=Deeppink]![/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=red]..and the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers![/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by NYJetPhan View Post
    No known exploits I know of, I do know there are rampant rollbacks which could cause what you describe, they are caused server side and there is no way for a player to initiate and hes probably as pissed off about them as you are.
    I doubt he's pissed because he did it a couple times to escape.

I guess we only noticed it happening once. It probably was some weird rollback-lag thing, especially since he was getting hit by a large number of creeps at once...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100001812a4/signature.png]Fatfreddy[/charsig]
    [size=4][color=Fuchsia]All You Need is [/color][color=Yellow]L[/color][color=Chartreuse]O[/color][color=red]V[/color][color=aqua]E[/color][color=Deeppink]![/color][/size]

Well Dwarf Guardians are the best class/race in the game hence we can do whatever the fak we want.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000368622/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Morvathir 65 Guardian (Rank 7), Morcallor 65 Craptain (Rank 0.5), other toons unworthy of mention. Slavetothebum R4 Reaver, Bummagic R2, other toons unworthy of mention cause they have not done the rite of initiation.

Wink Re: Dwarf gaurd hips

Quote Originally Posted by ImirielOfTheNorth View Post
    Well Dwarf Guardians are the best class/race in the game hence we can do whatever the fak we want.
    no need to be a d0uche i simply asked what and how it happened.

it wasnt a glitch it wasnt a rollback, it wasnt even lag, he probably used one of the consumables from the forechel quests to help the burglar. i've seen a capt use them too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000009a95a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

nah he didnt use the consumable for forochel, you newbs were just to focused on your target and of course forgot to pan your screen and i ran up on rainbowprincess and shared the fun with him, and boom he gone
    Shinaynay

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyElf View Post
    no need to be a d0uche i simply asked what and how it happened.
    Lol, I meant no offence, sir.
    You'll find that it was probably just lag or a sudden rollback. It does happen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000368622/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Morvathir 65 Guardian (Rank 7), Morcallor 65 Craptain (Rank 0.5), other toons unworthy of mention. Slavetothebum R4 Reaver, Bummagic R2, other toons unworthy of mention cause they have not done the rite of initiation.

did you happen to notice where he was when he "disappeared"? he may very well have been on a server lag line (where a player crosses zones...coldfells to hithlad for instance) in which case no doubt he rolled back. rollbacks have been rampant lately and tend to happen to the same players over and over. they are now not only pvp-centric; i had one on imladris in the north downs last night too, and i wasn't even on a lag line.

all i can say is that i envy you for not having seen a rollback until now. happy creeping, i'm sure they really need more on bw
    [COLOR=#afeeee]Urtica, redundant captain[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#dda0dd]Brotherhood of the Shadow, Brandywine[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#dda0dd]Toft, small hunter[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#afeeee]Phantom, Brandywine[/COLOR]

He is in my kin and he does have hips scrolls, chances are he did hips. End of story. Noob creeps go questing and learn the world of actual lotro :P.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Item:...ther_Overshoes

I have used one before in the middle of a creep raid and people thought I combat logged although combat logging requires you to stand still for a few seconds and I came back out of stealth after using it just to give em the kill. I still have five in my bank I am saving incase one day I try to attempt and get 5 stars even though I could never do it lol
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Thumbs up Re: Dwarf gaurd hips

Oh I would say he is not angry, because Thekrakin was getting his **** handed to him. If it an exploit, then I move to nominate him for "****** lord of the year".

Remember there can be only one.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000012829a/signature.png]Derpaderpderp[/charsig]

Lewl, good job Zander.
    P.S. You're still a nab.
    Mihiraa-Xombor-Fallarden ~ Fully Wrecked-Elenyali ~ Arkenstone
    Bunnytail ~ Terminus Venatus Triumphus

Led the Charge at Khazad-dûm x2

I used all 5 of my shoes for fun in the moors =p, They are short lived and you really can not get any more then 5 so let him have his fun.

Also LOL at the wargs mad over a guardian hipsing, you do it all the time so shoosh.

You can combat log while moving so...

-Emp

I was there too and it was definitly not a server lag thing. It must have been the forochel scrolls. I thought you could only get one of those?
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Sneakels 85 Burg,[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Allyrua 85 Captain, Snockels 65 Mini, Glimlioin 75 Hunter [/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Wardels 75 Warden, Allyssie 75 Captain "Lovers of the Leaf" [/SIZE][URL="http://www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com"]www.leaflovers.guildlaunch.com[/URL]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/1/0/8/3/4/110834VMpvt.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by gericat9344 View Post
    Oh I would say he is not angry, because Thekrakin was getting his **** handed to him. If it an exploit, then I move to nominate him for "****** lord of the year".

I'm pretty sure he did it to freak out some greenies, not your explanation.

It really is fun to be asked whether your class can hips.

Oh and you can get a total of 6.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003ed596/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    **Shapz R11 BA**Shapzz R10 Capt**Shapsz R8 Hunter**Georick R7 Guard**

Quote Originally Posted by gericat9344 View Post

me vs zerg is getting my *** handed to me? if it was a true 1v1 or 1v2 i would have gladly taken a death to whoever managed such a feat.

yelk and shapz are right, it was a hips scroll and you can get a total of 6

btw i popped out of my map right next to the ball of creeps, you could have had an easy kill lol

edit: or, if you're talking about the time i 'got my *** handed to me' right outside lug rez, me and vron were ungrouped and killed 7-9 of you, and just before that i had killed 3 of you solo. lol neither of these situations constitutes you owning me.
    Last edited by gakj3; Feb 08 2011 at 10:28 PM.

lawl @ wargs complaining about someone hipsing.
    nice job kraken
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c74f5/01006/signature.png]Kamriel[/charsig]
    Kamriel 75 CHN, Kamsterr 75 LM, HideHobitsHere Bear Tank Extraordinaire

Red face Re: Dwarf gaurd hips

OK thanks to most of you for the feedback
    Just wanted to know how it happened , wasn't trying to take shots at anyone.

anyways thanks i think i understand a bit of now how this can happen and why it happens

TYVM <3

Oh funny, I forgot about those scrolls! I ought to try that sometime, I didn't think you could use them in the moors. No idea why some of you are getting all excited or mocking people curious about something...

Quote Originally Posted by Aothriel1965 View Post
    Oh funny, I forgot about those scrolls! I ought to try that sometime, I didn't think you could use them in the moors. No idea why some of you are getting all excited or mocking people curious about something...
    yep 10m cd

Quote Originally Posted by gakj3 View Post
    edit: or, if you're talking about the time i 'got my *** handed to me' right outside lug rez, me and vron were ungrouped and killed 7-9 of you, and just before that i had killed 3 of you solo. lol neither of these situations constitutes you owning me.
    haha yesi think to own someone you need to actually kill them, esp when its them odds. that was a fun 2 mins. i think my ents one shotted some greenie warg before we started to get overun. needless to say they all went after you, you hips and i swam to saftey. good times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast