We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In harm's way, how difficult?

How hard is the class quest in harm's way?

What kind of team should I assemble?

Anyone got any tips or a guide because no one in my kin knows anything about this instance.

Re: In harm's way, how difficult?

In harm's way is an ability that captain's get in the mid-30s.

I am positive the level 30 class quest, A Captain's Standard is solo only. I can't remember if the level 15 quest is solo only or not.

The quests for the legendary skills come from:
    3 deeds where you pick up the pages in various pre-Moria zones,
    1 from completing volume 2, 1 purchased from a rep vendor in Moria,
    1 from an instanced area in Moria
    and 1 (In Defense of Middle Earth) from completing the level 50 class quests.

The level 50 class quests require you to obtain several items. There are two of these, Articles of Command and Implements of War. You have three options to get the items you need, you can buy them from the AH, you can trade skirmish marks for them or you can kill mobs for them. Some of the items can be found on mobs in any level 50 zone and some will be drops from bosses in Carn Dum or Urugarth. This information applies to the legendary traits for all classes.

Not knowing your level, I tried to cover any class quest I could think of.
    [LEFT][COLOR=LightBlue] ~[/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Landroval[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=LightBlue]~[/COLOR][COLOR=LightBlue]The Waywatchers of Cardolan [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Galadhwen[/COLOR][COLOR=PaleTurquoise], The Palantiri[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Aster [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Celebmir[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Lauremire[/COLOR]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][COLOR=Orange][SIZE=2]Also Immalitta Teapot and Laestelegerin And My Awesome Friends of Vilya[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT]

Just to clarify on the legendaries:

Oathbreaker's Shame, Shield of the Dunedain, and the rez trait all come from the pages. Just buy all three books and grind them all out, I've heard that you can get pages while grinding in Moria.... haven't tested this one.

The HoH trait comes from completing a level 58(?) quest line, with the final quest as a brawl in the kitchen of FG, after you get pan-seared. If you want to go for broke, and have a blast with it, bring several champs, a healer, and a tank with you.... then make a bee line for the kitchen on the first floor, mowing down everything in your way, pull the entire kitchen, and blenderize it =) Most everything in there is level 58ish sigs and normals, no elites. Trigger the boss fight, get pan-seared, blow a horn, and mow down the mob =) I would suspect any group would work for this, as the quest isn't all that difficult at 65.

The other two capstones come from completing epic books 2.1 to 2.6 (LoM), and getting kindred with the Iron Garrison Guards (LtC).

By unlocking the swift travels in Moria, you'll likely be close enough to getting LtC that it won't be difficult at that point, and LoM is going to be a lot easier after Update 2 goes live (because books 2.1 to 2.6 should all be soloable).

Pretty sure he's talking about FG

http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/quest...lotrquest=2228

The captain's quest is in the cafeteria on the first floor of the instance, which you could clear the way through to, or you can do the uniform/sneak thing to get to on your way to do the daily. Google the Fil Gashan instance to get specific guidance to run the whole instance. I remember doing the captain's quest with a group of 6 at level 58 when Moria was new, with no special gear.

The fight itself involves multiple waves of orcs. AoE heaven - Bring champs, they'll love you

I would think most standard groups (healer/dps combos) would be fine. If you're doing the full instance you'll want a tank.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 130 Captain
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Too_Cool View Post
    How hard is the class quest in harm's way?

It is easy.

What kind of team should I assemble?

Any kind of team is good, though I would say that 2-3 captain and 3-4 champs would be the best group for that kind of fight.

Anyone got any tips or a guide because no one in my kin knows anything about this instance.

You can avoid some mobs, but what you have to do is mostly run through stuff and head to the kitchen. Then empty it one time and kill the first boss. When that is done there is an horn on the lft side of the room. Blow it and a 2nd brawl will start. Beat the **** out of them and profit, congratz you're now another HoH captain...

filling waffles.

Just a side note, I'm sure he was talking about fg and jfyi, english isn't my first language.... /rolleye..
    Last edited by MorningStarSE; Feb 10 2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Marianna from Windfola, Captain lv115.
    Now on Arkenstone, took a few year off on Gladden.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    I did not realize the quest for the instanced area in Moria was also called In Harm's Way, I checked the lorebook but the only thing that popped was the skill that I already knew about. My Captain is 55 now so this will be helpful in a few levels.
    [LEFT][COLOR=LightBlue] ~[/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Landroval[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=LightBlue]~[/COLOR][COLOR=LightBlue]The Waywatchers of Cardolan [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Galadhwen[/COLOR][COLOR=PaleTurquoise], The Palantiri[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Aster [/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Celebmir[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Lauremire[/COLOR]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][COLOR=Orange][SIZE=2]Also Immalitta Teapot and Laestelegerin And My Awesome Friends of Vilya[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/LEFT]

All the class quest threads in Moria come in three sections, with each section being named for something related to the class.

The battle in Fil Gashan is the final combat of the captain's class quest. It's not too difficult. As above, if you want to go hardmode and not kill the orc sentries, you'll want to just follow the guides for FG. If you don't care about hardmode, kill everything on your way to the quest point (which includes the orcs in the cafeteria).

But do take a couple champs or wardens--they always go "That was GREAT!" after the captain's class quest battle. Just when you think the waves of orcs won't stop, you are suddenly done.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]