We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why can't I post new replies in instance forum?

Why can't I post new replies in instance forum?

Accounts that are brand new, have not posted on the forum, or have been idle a long time are restricted to a few forum areas. This is, unfortunately, needed to help reduce the amount of spam that can flood in from newly created or compromised accounts.

Once you have been using the forums for a bit longer the restriction will be lifted. (There is no set time for this, just use the areas you can for now.)

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Try logging out, wait an hour or so, then log back in. Since your account is older, but your posts are low it should kick the permissions change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Try logging out, wait an hour or so, then log back in. Since your account is older, but your posts are low it should kick the permissions change.
    Really? Since we had a few people with older join dates but only 1 or 2 on their post count who seemed to have the same restrictions as a new account, I guess I thought they were under the same rules.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thank you Sapience, it worked.
    Thornglen, I play the game, I don't spam the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucataru View Post
    Thank you Sapience, it worked.
    Thornglen, I play the game, I don't spam the forums.
    Good. We already have enough "love guru" and "watch sports free links" posts to last until the end of the age. Having people who play the game is much better.

Good job!

I am glad people can help others in this community!!

STillllllll

I might be a newbie to the forums but not to the game...i have a founders account lifetime VIP....hope someone can help me!

thank you!

9. Feb 08 2016, 03:45 PM

10. Feb 08 2016, 03:46 PM

I'm new to lotro and I can't seem to post in the kinships any advice?

We've got some pretty restrictive posting rules for new accounts to cut back on the spam. You'll probably be unlocked soon!
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Exclamation Premium player trying to get support

Hi !
    I am Premium player trying to get support.
    I cant post in Forum: Account Support Questions.
    I sent a ticket but I still have not gotten an answer.
    What can i do ?

I create a new character (Minstrel lvl11) and play smoothly for several days.
    But yesterday after login in I see that several of my other old characters (Archer lvl71 as example) have the clothes and figure of my new character lvl11.
    I can not access the server and the screen show the loading bar without any progression, is frozen.

Any help is very welcome.
    Ty in advance and best regards.

Nice forum and all - but its kinda dumb that I cant create new threads - and none I find match my problem ...

I have a simple yet unanswered question: Do I really need a new turbine account to play LOTRO ?

I have a turbine account since 2009 when I started Dungeons & Dragons Online - Now a friend needed some technical assistance to get back into LOTRO and I saw that this game runs over turbine as well. I can login here with my turbine account credentials - but when I click "Play Free now" - and I give the same credentials they conflict obviously ... and I cant find any option to add this game to my turbine account - neither here nor on turbine account settings ... - at least in the free version - and as I'm currently out of work its all I can afford

SO .. Do I really need to create a new account ? that would be dumb and would only complicate things ... handling 2 accounts - seriously ?

thanks for any reply in this matter

Thumbs down

I can't also send new post, I have faced with a bug in game but cannot open thread about it ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir1903 View Post
    I can't also send new post, I have faced with a bug in game but cannot open thread about it ?????
    Try using a different browser and see if that helps.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Exclamation Also Cannot Reply/Post and trouble with a purchase

I figured having VIP would let me post but guess not.

I'm unable to post in the account support section, I have a problem with one of my purchases. (the redeem code isn't sending from the Quad Expansion Pack I bought on store.turbine.com

Does it just take a little bit? Does it send an email or text? Or how will I receive the code?

I've waited roughly a half hour now.

I upgraded my account to vip yesterday and cant post but in the free players section.. Cant even make a topic.. So i will post my question here sorry if it is off topic.

I put in the code for the free mythril today and haven't received it. How do i go about claiming it or am i bugged?

Returning player posting here hoping doing so will magically unlock my account.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Really? Since we had a few people with older join dates but only 1 or 2 on their post count who seemed to have the same restrictions as a new account, I guess I thought they were under the same rules.

Sorry for any confusion.
    My normal account was from 2011(ddo 2009). And i still see this at the forum:
    It says
    "