We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I found a nice walkthough for this quest

http://sandsonsorganicchickens.wordp...idewalkthough/

Worked well till I got to the end for Ergoth and had the 4 beams going to center and web won't open so i /bug it and hope for a resolution at some point

Quote Originally Posted by suprra View Post
    I found a nice walkthough for this quest

http://sandsonsorganicchickens.wordp...idewalkthough/

Worked well till I got to the end for Ergoth and had the 4 beams going to center and web won't open so i /bug it and hope for a resolution at some point
    Same problem here. I just wish I could get some kind of response from GM other than some RIDICULOUS canned reply saying the can't do anything (translation: they don't give an s) and are simply too "busy" rather than spend a stinking 5 min in chat to see it IS a legitimate problem with the gameplay

no boss

so i have all the mirrors right i think and i destroyed the relic and "got a bad feeling." Where's Ergoth? I'm ready to take 'im on but hes not coming out!

Chalk up another victim for the bug monster. I have successfully completed this epic solo in the past (not sure how far back, but it's been a while), but it will not complete now. I wish I'd known it was bugged before I wasted an hour and a half or so killing defilers. UGH! Tried destroying Gorothul's gift before AND after aligning mirrors, made no difference either way. Ergoth remains inaccessible to me.

Now I've got 2 epics I can't complete due to bugs.. (final instance in Vol I, Book 2 is bugged for me, too, on all my characters and servers that haven't already completed it.. Radagast warps through that one gate without opening it, and there's nothing I can do to progress..)

It's very annoying, but thankfully, there are other things to do in-game to keep me occupied until such time as a fix is in.

(I did /bug this one, fyi)
    Last edited by MRNot; Sep 16 2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: correction
    [I][COLOR=#daa520][FONT=comic sans ms]~ Occasional Taunter of Masked Badgers[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms] ~[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

This solo version of this quest is definitely bugged. It took three tries for it to work for me.
    I enjoyed this quest the first time through - I thought the mirror mechanism was pretty
    creative. But after getting bugged out a couple of times, I just wanted it done. I even pumped
    both fists in the air in triumph when it actually worked.

What I noticed is that it's the southern beam (that points north into the center) that doesn't work when it bugs.
    You do the correct alignment, but the beam simply doesn't appear. The southern beam does have two solutions,
    but when it bugs neither of them works. So, do that one first, and if you don't see the beam, you're toast, just
    map out or whatever and try it again another time after the cooldown. I tried aligning the mirrors before and
    after destroying the relic, and that didn't make any difference.

Just for fun, this quest actually has two bugs! You may get the 4 mirrors to work to open the web, and then
    the final boss isn't there. The good news is that a GM can help with getting the missing boss to spawn.
    But for the mirror alignment, this is apparently some kind of game state thing they can't fix.

So, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    ..What I noticed is that it's the southern beam (that points north into the center) that doesn't work when it bugs...
    As always, there's some minor comfort in knowing it's not my problem-solving skills.. I do believe I can concur it's the southern mirror in each occurrence, but I guess it won't hurt to try it again at some point soon to test. Either it'll work, or I'll be able to confirm/contradict your southern mirror theory. It's one of those quests that I can't do too many times in a row consecutively, though.. I was REALLY tired of running around those platforms last night.

Of course, I did magically end up with a level 60 lootbox out of the ordeal (never saw it drop, but it was in my inventory when I was done), so I guess it wasn't completely fruitless..
    [I][COLOR=#daa520][FONT=comic sans ms]~ Occasional Taunter of Masked Badgers[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms] ~[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

But are you sure it's a bug, and not a Morroval that spawned and covered the mirror in slime?
    @ArgentMage: the quest log will tell you when to destroy the artifact, I did the solo quest last week, and there were no glitches for me, other than Merrevail sabotaging mirrors. So if it's a bug it may be hard to replicate.
    @zenreiki: lol, a six months late reply, but you just have to jump down in the center hole, near where the artifact was, assuming there is no bug in the boss spawn code.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOstrych View Post
    But are you sure it's a bug, and not a Morroval that spawned and covered the mirror in slime?
    Definitely a bug. I did quite a bit of web searching on the subject after spending almost two hours in the instance
    the first time around. I figured it just *couldn't* be this hard, and that something must be wrong, and sure enough,
    the forums are chock-full of bug reports about this quest going back several years.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOstrych View Post
    @ArgentMage: the quest log will tell you when to destroy the artifact, I did the solo quest last week, and there were no glitches for me, other than Merrevail sabotaging mirrors. So if it's a bug it may be hard to replicate.
    I got that the quest log tells you when to destroy the relic. Since the quest was clearly bug-ridden, I was doing
    testing to determine if the order mattered, because I wanted to generate the most complete possible bug report.
    But my guess is that Turbine is up to their armpits in bug reports about this quest anyway.

OK, let's hope they can replicate it then.

Have you had an update on the issue? I am thinking of submitting a ticket but was reluctant to do so as it seems Turbine only care about you when they can cash in. I can't believe something so central to the game as the epic questline can be so bug-ridden. I spent 4-5 hours trying to sort this out before I found this thread. My kinnies probably thought I'd lost my marbles. Tbh, I thought so too at one point.

I am having the exact same issue on my MAIN toon as it has been recorded previously in the thread. I was set on finishing the Moria epics and then I get to this ridiculously dumb quest. My only solution is to ask a kind 85 lvl kinnie to assist me and complete the fellowship version where I die with my lvl 77 hunter.

PS I am playing on Meneldor, just for the record. This was the thread Google led me to though and it helped me preserve my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Xnr View Post
    Have you had an update on the issue?
    When I originally posted on this, I was playing my Warden, and it took three runs before it worked.
    I had tried the Fellowship version as well, but my (level 63 at the time) Warden didn't have enough
    DPS to get past the fast-regen warg in the first room.

When it was my Captain's turn to run this quest, I did the troublesome southern beam first, and it worked
    on the first try. Coincidentally, on my Warden's final run, I did the southern beam first (as I knew that if
    it didn't work, I was toast anyway), and it also worked for him.

This is pretty anecdotal, given 2 samples, but it seems possible that if you do the southern beam first,
    you may have a higher chance of getting everything to work, so that's what I'd recommend, since even
    if it doesn't work, it tells you if it's worth the effort to continue, or just port out.

I'm not sure if this could be an issue you guys overlooked (I kinda would expect not, but I thought I'd mention it anyway):
    the mirrors only reflect on one side, so you may have the 'alignment' good (i.e. the angle in which the mirror is facing), if the mirror is flipped at that point, it won't reflect the beam (so try turning it twice, see if it reflects then).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2