We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fleetness Focus cost

Does anybody else think that 6 focus is a bit much for Fleetness? You typically lose more than you gain from it, I just don't feel like it's worth using at this point except before combat when I can refocus. Is that how the skill was meant to be used? Anyone else feel it should be toned down a bit?
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Fleetness Focus cost

Quote Originally Posted by head0nfire View Post
    Does anybody else think that 6 focus is a bit much for Fleetness? You typically lose more than you gain from it, I just don't feel like it's worth using at this point except before combat when I can refocus. Is that how the skill was meant to be used? Anyone else feel it should be toned down a bit?

Untraited, yes its not worth it. Traited for it though I still gained enough to sustain it and keep up a full focus rotation at all times. I was using swift mercy though.
    [center][color=green]-Hunter Relithriel of Mirkwood,lvl 75.-[/color] [color=grey]-Guardian Ameillia Aidenial lvl 65- [/color] [color=purple]-Burglar Saralin Hopewood of Rohan,lvl 65,-[/color] [color=orange]-Minstral Lasyla of the Fallohides,lvl 65-[/color] [color=blue] Rune-Keeper Istarwin -65,[/color] [color=gold]Warden Shein -65,[/color] [color=red]Champion Wichitaw,lvl 65-[/color] [color=teal] LoreMaster Eveah Saintnoire, 66-[/color] [color=black] Stalker Zelioth[/color] ~Vilya~
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000001dda9/01008/signature.png]Lithium[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by head0nfire View Post
    Trait for it it's not a problem at all.

Right now I'm running 5 huntsman with the improved fleetness capstone and if I'm standing still and pew-pew'ing generating the focus is not an issue at all.

Between the %chance to get focus from quickshot, +focus from crits and focus point every 8 seconds I've got more than enough focus to hit PS every time it comes up and imp fleetness every 30 seconds.
    If I'm kiting AND PS'ing then I don't have the focus to keep it going but most of the time when I kite I'm hitting them with a 40% slow barbed arrow, running off and then spamming out the swift bow/quick shot like usual. Only really using MS for 2nd corruption removal.

I'm starting to think I don't need to keep bards arrow for solo now with 10% run buff and 40% slow available...
    I dumped Press Onward in favour of Imp Fleet (since it got nerfed for a blue build anyway) but now I'm seriously considering dropping BA for BOTR and keeping rain of thorns for my "Oooops, stuffed up that pull".
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e4a6e/01007/signature.png]Aegalir[/charsig]
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    [/center]

For a skill that doesnt work properly, yeh 6 focus is a bit much

I've been looking at induction times to see whether the fleetness buff is working properly . See the other thread around the bugs associated with focus loss on move.
    I am quite interested in getting max damage output using focus build with induction times reduced as much as possible. I therefore thought that the new Fleetness Buff would be a good way to go and have been playing that way since release.
    This has led me to an interesting conclusion though

Here is a table of Improved Swift Bow - the longest - induction times and the effect of each trait on that time for a Hunter build with a minimum of 4 blue traits:

ISB induction time 2
    Needful Haste -0.5
    Fast Draw -0.2
    4 Huntsman -0.3
    sub total for 4B/3R 1.0
    Improved Fleetness -0.1
    Total induction time 0.9

So Fleetness is not actually adding that much at all, only - 0.1 sec reduction over a 4B/3R build. While I agree it is not difficult to keep the 6 focus up, the negating of the focus loss on movement means that it is not giving much to a Hunter
    Last edited by neil01; Apr 06 2011 at 09:52 AM.

The extra move speed and no focus loss is pretty nice in fights that don't let you pot yourself in one place like a petunia. The extra -10% induction is also a bit larger contribution when Needful Haste isn't active, and you can't keep that running full tile (much to my dismay). I still like it, even if it doesn't knock much off ISB's induction with Needful Haste active.

For me it isn't the Focus cost but the power cost that's hard to sustain. Spending an extra 123 Power every 30sec in the middle of my usual Focus heavy rotation is a killer.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]