We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"Digging in the Dirt" quest in the Barrow Downs

I can't, for the life of me figure out how to complete this quest - I go to each barrow that the quest info names, but I can't equip the "blunted" pick axe or find where I am supposed to dig. I'm sure it's obvious and I'm just being dense, but if anyone has a pointer or two for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Re: "Digging in the Dirt" quest in the Barrow Downs

You do not equip it. You quick slot it. When you are standing in the correct place. You mouse click on the quick slot. Or hit the key assigned for that quick slot.

I suppose you could open your bag. Double click the pick to use. Or select the pick and hit "U" to use.

You will eventually see this quest dynamic used time and time again. You get an item that goes in your pack. You have to USE it when you are in the right place.

A few of the newer quests will hold the item in your quest log. You see a white glowing indicator on the ground. You have to use the thing on the ground.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I too had trouble with this one at first. Basically quick slot the pick then go in front of the barrow and click on your pick icon. It's the same principal for festival deals like stomp a shrew and the beer fights as well. Hope you get it done mate!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001b671a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks! I finally got it right, with your help