We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Champions

Champions

I wanted to create a new thread about champions in our server concerning the upcoming changes with Rise of Isenguard, your gear and where to find it, skill rotations, and every other thing that come to your mind about champs of course.

Ghorin Ironhelm
    champion lvl65

Re: Champions

I tend to change gear for every boss, and sometimes I need to tank so then I need to retrait and change gear aswell, also keeping in mind what kind of damage the boss is dealing, so I never stick to 1 gear reall, but ofcourse with new gear coming there will be new nice pieces to keep in mind and use that's for sure!
    Evernight - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Conjurer (Lore-master) - Archsnipe (Hunter) - Buffmaster (Captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghor View Post
    I wanted to create a new thread about champions in our server concerning the upcoming changes with Rise of Isenguard, your gear and where to find it, skill rotations, and every other thing that come to your mind about champs of course.

Ghorin Ironhelm
    champion lvl65
    Silence Ghor! Nobody likes you! :P

But erm, on a more productive note, just curious, a question to all you other champs, what type of weapon style do you prefer? (That is to say, 1H with shield, 2H, and dual wielding). I don't mean to cause a debate here so please don't argue, just curious
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000000088e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

(65 RNK) Herunar
    (65 CMP) Meluimir

I am using 1H and when I need to tank I just equip my heavy shield. I am going to make another legendary 1H weapon and put the stuff in there for tanking.

I like to use two swords because it's faster and I still deal 2500 damage critical hits a lot, so I'm fine with that. I don't like that slow 2H play style to be honest.
    Evernight - Boltspark (Rune Keeper) - Hardist (Champion) - Songhero (Minstrel) - Undertanker (Guardian) - Conjurer (Lore-master) - Archsnipe (Hunter) - Buffmaster (Captain)

Quote Originally Posted by BerenCamlostEU View Post

But erm, on a more productive note, just curious, a question to all you other champs, what type of weapon style do you prefer? (That is to say, 1H with shield, 2H, and dual wielding). I don't mean to cause a debate here so please don't argue, just curious
    I get 3000-5000 dmg with crits while using 2hand sword and each remorless gives me 900-3800 per normal hit depending devestating or not.

As we both spared and played inst together with you using melumir u should know that 2hand always win

Now joke aside

Yes, 2hand is all i need and use, i do have dual weapon but i dont use it as i dont use my anuminas shield even though i could if i wanted to do solo inst where i need all that shield provides.

I tend to get as much ICMR and Armor value, as i have all agility,vitality,might on almost 650 so it provides me great moral regel, awsome dps and dmg resist in instances i run.

I dont change armor much but i do circulate between anuminas set + book3 leggings with lady power boots + helegrod gloves in addition with mirkwood chest,leg,helm in some instances.

Mostly i use anuminas full set for my soloing as it gives much more in solo then helegrod or berserker armor because of bonuses that it gives.

What do you use both weapon-armor wise and do u change virtues before diff runs or you stick with main ones all the time ?
    Last edited by zrinko; Jun 02 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BerenCamlostEU View Post

I tend to like 2h more at the moment... 1h with shield i used back the days when tanking big stuff,and i admitt i was DW for quite some time,but since i started playing more in the Moors,i fell in love with 2h Weapons

A little side note from me : I look forward to the changes with RoI,although i fear that they are a bit of a nerf in some areas..*sprint,CB,rising/ebbing ire, and for pvp CBR,remains to be tested tho... what do you think fellow Withy Champs ?

P.S. I like Ghor

Do you really need me to reply what's my favourite playstyle Gwarth? :P
    Duel-wielding of course. But occasionaly i switch to my 2hand axe... like at the cauldron boss in Northcotton Farm...
    Dual-Wielding and 2hand weapon choise is just a matter of what u like most and what u are used to play. they do the same damage in my opinion but a champion who is used to playing dw will do more damage while dw and a champ who is used to playing with 2hand will do more damage 2hand.
    As for the 1hand and shield option... u should use that only when u want to solo very difficult things such as the 1st boss in GS for example.... Champions can tank more effectively while not wielding a shield as they are a dps tank... so the more they dps the more aggro they get. A heavy shield adds some more survivability but its really hard to keep aggro while using one. So use it only occaasionaly for hard things

Ghorin Irohelm
    champion lvl65

Actually Cillion the new sprint is an enhancement... It adds +100% more speed! Not like the old sprint... You just hit battle Frenzy and then spring and u run faster than a horse!!! its 200% total speed! Read again about Orion's thoughts concerning sprint.

I quite like the changes to CBR, Fervour (as in, no -incoming healing, WOOT), and second wind. But really it is all just conjecture.

As to my own champ, I am CURRENTLY using 4 Moria+random shoulders+Arthol (+25% devastate magnitude on any damage, quite nice..). However, once I get better jewelry and such I plan to sort of mix and match the pieces around, and see what I can come up with.

I also purely use a 2H atm, if only for the reason that I used to play a captain, and am thus use to the slow playstyle, and because I can't be bothered to keep a set of 1H weapons .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000000088e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

(65 RNK) Herunar
    (65 CMP) Meluimir

Actually Cillion the new sprint is an enhancement... It adds +100% more speed! Not like the old sprint... You just hit battle Frenzy and then spring and u run faster than a horse!!! its 200% total speed! Read again about Orion's thoughts concerning sprint.
    You just hit battle Frenzy and then spring and u run faster than a horse!!! its 200% total speed AND there is the point that is bad ^^ u have to hit BF to get fervor to be able to run faster to a fight ^^ and for like 8s ^^ compared to 45s immunity to slow/etc thats no enhancement at all imo ^^ tho the short CD maybe makes up for it..

I used sprint to not gettin kited,paired with cbr... Now i cant help but think after the 8s duration i get slowed and kited to death again *still have to wait on legacy update and trait influence on duration/cd

Well of course it will have a legacy! Orion said so. And dont forget that when u will have the class trait for sprint when u sprint and hit swift strike u will daze your opponent! I think its a great boost!
    As for armour i have the whole BG set and i will stick to that until the release of RoI. i wear 5 pieces to get the set bonus and swap pieces according to what i need more every time. i usually swap hands for the Moria piece for the extra morale, or head for Arthar from DN for the Devastate magnitude effect.
    For jewells i use 2 sarenzers from NCF, the necklace from LT last boss, 2 bracelets from SS 1st boss t2, Ril-Mir, Gold Textured Ring from SS last boss t2 and of course my precious Miniature Brass Anvil. I run HoC 40 times exactly just for the Anvil, let alone all those runs before i started counting and after i got it.
    For Mainhand i use my 1st age lvl 65 Axe and as an offhand i use that sword from OD wound wing t2 with 225 morale 23 vitality, 23 fate (i have enough might and agility so there is no need to get another offhand). I also use a lvl 65 2nd age rune.
    With the update when the servers will open again i will get 2 of the new rings and 2 of the new bracelets as well as both the new pockets. That will be an increase of 400 morale! Go for it everyone!
    For hard solo things i have a room in my vault with 12-14 pieces just for that! For more info ask me in game

Ghorin Ironhelm
    champion lvl65
    Ithilien Illuminated

For hard solo things i have a room in my vault with 12-14 pieces just for that!
    U speak of me there dont u ?

As for Armor,i tend to prefer BG over the new OD t2 Set (i dont have it atm im wearing misc,from all that i could gather).. although with the new gems,i might have to redo some math...

Another funny Question for you Champs : Wich Cosmetic Gear u think looks best on us Champs ? My personal #1 is Rift Set colored black/red or black/gold !!! and #2 DN Set in Black/Gold

I dont even have a champ cillion! :[
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2522500000006f169/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Braxtenn View Post
    I dont even have a champ cillion! :[
    Get this Person out of our Champion Thread !!!! *calls Moderators*

Bramdir go create a hunter or guardian Thread! This is for champs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cillion View Post
    Another funny Question for you Champs : Wich Cosmetic Gear u think looks best on us Champs ? My personal #1 is Rift Set colored black/red or black/gold !!! and #2 DN Set in Black/Gold
    Cosmetics ftw... im etching to finish moria set on my rune keeper and get the DN set on my minstrel - imo theyre the BEST light armor cosmetics

I'll let you guys get back to champ discussion now
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

Well the best cosmetics for a champ are definitely the Rift armour pieces. I will get vip as soon as the servers open so i wish we run in there to get them. These days i use the Moria champ set in ered luin blue and The Cloak of the Misty night from OD desease wing t2 challenge chest and the Rift skirmish Helm similar to the champ's Rift set with some nice looking crafted lvl 42 heavy armour pieces.

Well the best cosmetics for a champ are definitely the Rift armour pieces. I will get vip as soon as the servers open so i wish we run in there to get them. These days i use the Moria champ set in ered luin blue and The Cloak of the Misty night from OD desease wing t2 challenge chest and the Rift skirmish Helm similar to the champ's Rift set with some nice looking crafted lvl 42 heavy armour pieces.
    I would like to come to rift - Tharlauch is becoming a pain in the ####... Cil and everyone 6-manned it :| lol
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

For my champion outfit i use flame of deep cloak, noble helmet or raven head cover and raven cloak.
    Armor for outfit is usualy Lothlorien lvl60 armor colored in dark-red / black