We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Nostalgia: Eldar kinship sparring tournament 2008

How many and what class can i have in my kin team?
    Every kin that wants to play will make a team, 1 of every class of their best. So it will mean you will have 7 players in your team. 1 of each class. Ofcourse it is always handy to have some reserves.

Your kin team doesnt have to consist of the same players every round. This due to some players might be busy or dont want to play anymore. So always good to have some reserves.

How will the dualing work ?
    One kin will be fighting another kins team. Each class will be fighting its own class. And duals will be done 1 by 1. The fights will be the best out of 3 duals. Which means you have to win 2 out fo 3 duals to win the fight.
    If you win your fight your team will be awarded with 5 points. If all 3 duals end up in a draw, both kin teams will get 3 points.

The team that has the most points goes on to the next stage of the competition. To face another winning kin from the last round. This will continue till 2 kin teams are left over to dual it out int he finale round.

Some simple rules to keep it fare
    - Potions, scrolls, destiny points, food and any other consumable is not alloud.
    - Buffing is alloud but you can only buff yourself with your own skills/armour and are not alloud to get buffs/help from other players.
    - While dualing you are not alloud to be in a fellowsip or raid.
    - Fighting area will be limited. If you leave that area you will automaticly loose. The area will be known before fighting starts.
    - If a kin doesnt show up they wil get disqualified and the other kin will proceed automaticaly to the next round.
    - Other players are alloud to come along and watch to support a kin or a player. Aslong they keep off the dualing area.

When will this begin and when will it end ?
    There wont be fixed date and times. Instead i will talk to a contact person from a kin team to arrange a time & date that suits both kins.

This competion might take some weeks to finish. Depending on how many kins want to play and when the fights can take place.

Intrested and want to play ?
    Sign up your kin and also post a contact persoon. So i can reach that persoon in-game to talk about the date/time/place.

Sign ups will close as soon as there are enough kins intrested in playing. I will then randomly pair up kins.

For this to work i wil need 8 kin teams or 16 kin teams. This is because the knock out system needs to have these numbers to make sure it works easily.

Kin's that have signed up
    1 - Apocalyptica
    2 - Defenders of the White Tree
    3 - Legends of MiddleEarth
    4 - NOES
    5 - Loyal Alliance
    6 - Spartans
    7 - The Grand Moot
    8 - The blacksteel Highlanders

------------------------------------------

Kinship Sparring Champions

Legends of MiddleEarth

Final Round

Fight 7: 07/07/08 - 19:00 GMT+1
    Spartans (11)
    vs
    Legends of MiddleEarth (26)

2nd Round

Fight 5: long time ago
    Blacksteel Highlanders (6)
    vs
    Spartans (31)

Fight 6: 27/06/08 - 19:00 GMT+1
    NOES (6)
    vs
    Legends of MiddleEarth (31)

1st Round

Fight 1: 17/04/08 - 19:00 GMT+1
    Loyal Alliance (13)
    Vs
    The Blacksteel Highlanders (23)

Fight 2: 30/04/08 - 21:00 GMT+1
    Spartans (20)
    Vs
    The Grand Moot (10)

Fight 3: 03/04/08 - 19:00 GMT+1
    NOES (20)
    Vs
    Defender of the white Tree (15)

Fight 4: 28/03/08 - 19:30 GMT+1
    Apocalyptica (8)
    Vs
    Legends of MiddleEarth (28)

------------------------------------------------

Legends of MiddleEarth sends Apocalyptica off the field !!!
    28th of March 2008 under the star filled sky, on the sparring field north of Bree. LOME (legends of middleEarth) vs Apocalyptica was the first sparring match of the first round. Both sides didnt have the foggiest idea what was going to happen and who was going to win.
    LOME had a good start with winning the Champion, Hunter and Loremaster duals. Giving them 5 points for each winning dual.
    Apocalyptica managed to make the minstrel dual end in a draw. Earning each team 3 points.
    It was Eriandil that saved Apocalyptica some respect by winning the Guardian dual. Earing his team 5 points.

Due to the Captian and Burglar of Apocalyptica not showing up. Gave LOME an easy 10 points.

Making the end score:
    Legends of MiddleEarth (28 points) Vs Apocalyptica (8 points)

LOME moves on to the second round.

After the whole match both teams got into a free for all sparring frenzy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOES sends DOTWT back home to defend the white tree !
    After an unsure 15 min before the start of the match. Everyone managed to show up for both teams. Yesterday night it was NOES (nightmare on elf street) Vs DOTWT (defenders of the white tree). Both teams showing up with there own supporters, to cheer on there kin members.
    One thing was sure and that was it was going to be a close match.

NOES won the champion, loremaster and burgler duals.
    DOTWT won the captian, minstrel and hunter duals.

Making the score 15 - 15 for both teams. It was all down to the guardian dual. They would decide who would go to the next round.
    Around this time the Apocalyptica House band showed up to give some music for the spectators.
    The guardian dual seemed it was going to end in a draw but the NOES guardian proved to be the stronger of the two.

Making the end score NOES (20) - DOTWT (15). Sending NOES intot he second round agianst LOME (legends of MiddleEarth).

Dual of the match has to be givin to the minstrels. For keeping all of us on the edge of our seat with a nice example of how exciting duals can be.

Congratulation to NOES and thank you for DOTWT for taking part.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Blacksteel Highlanders delivers !

At 19:00 CET it was unsure if the match was going to start. BSH (blacksteel highlanders) players didnt show up and their 15 min extra time was running out. It seemed like BSH would have to forfit there match and give LA (loyal Alliance) and easy victory.
    Lucky enough for BSH they had enough players to start the match within their 15 min extra time limit.

Results
    Champion - Winner Arofar (BSH)
    Captain - Winner Xethelion (BSH)
    Loremaster - Winner Nutgazz (BSH)
    Minstrel - Draw
    Guardian - Winner Lokii (LA)
    Burglar - BSH wins by default, no show LA
    Hunter - Winner Zelrond (LA)

As you can see BSH had a flying start. Almost sealing their victory in the first duals. End score is 23-13 for the BSH.

BSH move to the second round. Thank you too LA for being good sports, and taking part in this tournament.

Only 1 match to go and then the 2nd round can begin!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spartans, what is your profession?

Apparently its dualing. Last Wednesday Spartans met Grand Moot on the dualing field outside of Bree.

With a good turn out of fans for both sides to set the mood nicely for a night of sparring. Lots of cheers and yelling.

Results were:
    Loremaster - Spartans - Minaman
    Captain - Spartans - Kosmas
    Champion - Spartans - Damba
    Hunter - Spartans - Dagorod
    Guardian - Spartans - Oneiroin
    Burglar - Grand Moot - Mariegold
    Minstrel - Grand Moot - Ceolbryn

Spartans toke the lead quickly and steamrolled to victory. With a last valliant effort Grand Moot managed to save some dignity and showed they never gave up seen by Mariegold and The leader of the Grand Moot, Ceolbryn showing his leadership qualitys giving the Grand Moot something to cheer for at the end.

And so the end score was 25-10 for the Spartans. Who move on to the next round. I would like to thank Ceolbryn and the Grand Moot for taking part in Eldars first Sparring contest.

Second round contains the following matches

NOES Vs LOME

Spartans Vs BSH

(date and time soon to be revealed rememebr everyone is welcome to watch/cheer/boo/frapsing/play music.)

regards Smithie

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinship Sparring Final: Lets get ready to rrruuummmbbbllleee

Thats right. On monday 14th of July at the Arena in Evendim. The final of the kinship sparring will take place between the "Spartans" and "LOME" (legends of middleEarth). Both kins with primarly greek players have a small rivaly which each other. Which you can read in some of the post in this very thread.

Arena in evendim

The prize for winning this sparring event is "bragging rights on the server Eldar". And for second place.....nothing.

Both kins have fought there way to the the final round. If you look at the total points won by both kins. Spartans: 51 winning points and LOME: 59 winning points. You would say that LOME have the edge going into this final. Although these points have no meaning in the final and pretty much anything can happen durring the final sparring.

Who is your favorite for winning????

Come on down on monday 14th of July at 18:00 pm GMT (19:00 CET) and support your favorite kin/player.

greets Smithie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOME, champions of the Eldar kinship sparring !!!

I'm sure every LOME member is now proud to be in his/her kin after winning the sparring final against Spartans. Which should be equaly proud to get to the final. Both kins did well to get to this point.

Score: (green means win, red means lost)

Burgs: Gondolidrim Vs Afrodidh (LOME wins - 5 points)
    Captains: Billisgr Vs Kosmas ( Spartans wins - 5 points)
    Champions: Amandilgr Vs Damba (LOME wins - 5 points)
    Guardians: Mantman Vs Oneirion (DRAW - 3 points each)
    Hunters: Gretolas Vs Dagorod (LOME wins - 5 points)
    Minstrels: Simonz Vs Caladria (LOME wins - 5 points)
    Loremasters: Saradis Vs Minaman (DRAW - 3 points each)

End score = 26 - 11 for LOME

I would like to take the chance to thank both kins for taking part. Also all other kins who have been involved in this event.

Also thank you to all the people that came to watch and respected to rules of the event.

Maybe soon another sparring event will be organised with a different idea of how to fight by me or maybe by someone else.

Agains gratz to LOME for winning ! :clap:

They can now call themselves "Champions of the Eldar kinship sparring tournament 2008" .

greets Smithie
    [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]My Youtube:[/COLOR][/B] [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/SmithianKingdom[/url]
    [b]Thread:[/b] Eldar server PvE progression Volume III-[url]http://tinyurl.com/v3eldar[/url]
    [b]Event:[/b] Eldar's Kinship knock-out 2008-[url]http://tinyurl.com/6l87shn[/url]

Re: Nostalgia: Eldar kinship sparring tournament 2008

Just abit of Eldar history. From what i can remember the event was a load of fun, minus the organising part
    [B][COLOR="#FF0000"]My Youtube:[/COLOR][/B] [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/SmithianKingdom[/url]
    [b]Thread:[/b] Eldar server PvE progression Volume III-[url]http://tinyurl.com/v3eldar[/url]
    [b]Event:[/b] Eldar's Kinship knock-out 2008-[url]http://tinyurl.com/6l87shn[/url]

Good old times

nice that you moved it here Smithie

Quote Originally Posted by Caladria-Gr View Post
    Good old times
    Baldie owned you, mum.
    [center][IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/Kwpa/alpharhochiepsilon3AF0omicronlambda3AE0psietasigmaf_zpsc8f9ce12.jpg[/IMG]
    † [i]Greatness comes to those who claim it[/i] †[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gretolas View Post
    Baldie owned you, mum.
    I let him

yy i remember that tournament.and lome win the spartans in any class.only the 2 tanks go draw and the only winner from spartans was the captain.
    Krom of Eldar. Kromiel Rank 14 Captain.

How about a new tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Lattari View Post
    Signed78910
    RISEN

Smile Re: Nostalgia: Eldar kinship sparring tournament 2008

When i see this thread and read it a little small tear fall from my eye
    Nice fights nice old good days, still remember my heart hitting to quick when i fight with saradis at last fight with lome.
    When the fight end and was a draw, pfff i rest at last. The fights was not a simple spar vs people but you represent your kin you are and must give it all.

Thumbs up Re: Nostalgia: Eldar kinship sparring tournament 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Caladria-Gr View Post
    Good old times
    ++++++++
    good old times
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000942a8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lattari View Post
    I dont really see the point of a tournament now , considering the turn the game has taken. Back then skill usage and decisions u made, were deciding factors. Now all that matters is who crits more.

Ofc it would be smthing fun to do, but prolly the only thing that will be remembered is how X minstrel got lots of luck and 2 shoted the other :P

There has been many times i wanted to do another one and people have offered their help.
    It's mainly about time. Organising something like this takes up a lot of time and also trying the get the kinships to show up. Some kinships would only have half of the classes online or i remember 1 time a kinship didn't even show up because they forgot when it was.

Now we have 2 extra classes which means trying to get more people from your kinship online and more fights. I remember some kinship struggling to replace players that didn't show up. Also quite a lot of players log-in for a wee while then disappear for ages, due to the end-game not keeping them entertained.

I have found more places to spar though:
    - Thorins gate (some big contraption lying on the ground looks like an arena)
    - Somewhere in the lonelands (dip in the landscape makes a natural arena)
    - Evendim arena
    - bree-land festival field
    - Galtrev sparring ring
    - Culling pit arena

The old rules would need to be revised for sure and the format might need looking at! e.g slim down the number of classes???

But first of all we would need at least 8 kinships to be interested and willing to gather a group together for multiple days. Oly 1 of the original 8 is still very active. The other 7 have either disbanded or faded away from the limelight.

Another idea i was thinking about was instead of kinships, to have teams so friends from other kinships could form their own team together. But i always liked the idea of kinship sparring one another.
    Last edited by Smithie; Oct 18 2011 at 09:27 AM.

As cala said i dont think this would work due to how game mechanics work now. For example a hunter spar would consist of Improved Focus then and then with +25% crit chance, 3 penetraiting shots and it would be over there is no skill involved for that. For it to work there would be need to be alot of rules about what can and cannot be used.
    Last edited by Craven_EU_Eldar; Oct 18 2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Making movies, Making music and Fighting round the world