We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Who can actually field 24man?

Well Cult of Bobs can field 2 possiibly 3 full 24 mans.

Just saying, I don't think any kins bar probably Kowt who can field 24 man week in week out, i'm not saying they can all i'm saying is they are a big kinship :P, I believe there was a channel for all kin leaders on the server? What about bringing it up again? A lot of kins will struggle because you need a lot of main raiders.
    Think you need 4 mincers, 4 captains etc
    Bunyou

The Kinships that will be able to field 24 man raid teams are the ones who start thinking about it now. How many kins offer 2 x Raid teams a night, or maybe even just a Raid and a 6-man team? Most seem happy with 14 or 15 active members so they can get a 12 man group together.

As mentioned, getting 24 people of the right classes together is going to be a challenge for any Kin on their own so why not start building up to it now. If you can build up to having 2 x 12 man raid groups regularly then moving up to 1 24 man team wont be a problem. If you suddenly find yourselves trying to recruit an extra 10 or 12 raid ready players to your kin when Isengard is released (as lots of other Kins will be doing) then you have no chance. Loot rules will start getting very messy if 2 or 3 kins have to join up to complete the instance.

I can see my cat herding skills are going to need improvement.

Atm the game is quite stale even with the new skirms and instances and Avengers would struggle filling the raid but come the new areas and raid I'm sure we will be able to go , we had 34 sign ups for BG when it came out and that excludes the unsigns

Boonie

The Avengers

Black Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Bobse View Post
    Think you need 4 mincers, 4 captains etc
    That depends much on how the raid is going to be as I'm pretty sure you could do Helegrod 24 man with only 2 minstrels and 2 captains, you sure wouldn't need 4 guardians.

Only way I see you would need a very good class balance is if the raid have to split up in groups inside the raid and go different ways and if that is not the case I would actually say class balance is less important in 24 man raids than 12 man raids.

We probably could (us + The Prophets) for the first couple of weeks until the 'oh shiny' interest in the new raid wears off....
    Xandarien Elanessa, Híril of Pupils of the Istari on Evernight

Sindarin Lessons

I don't share Xandarien's optimism entirely. It's likely that enough people will come back for long enough to give it a decent try, but not certain.

We are opening recruitment to try to reach this stage of having enough for 2 raid groups, but speaking from previous experience theres a tricky in-between phase when you have 1.x raid's worth of people signing regularly, and thats hard to manage; however fair and even-handed you are theres always someone disappointed on raid night.

Best way to get round this is to enjoy immense success in whatever the current raid instance is, and at the current time only KowT have this luxury on Evernight although several more kinships will likely get there before Isengard, just as they did with BG and DN before that. If you can clear a raid instance with time left over each week then you can take alt runs and make sure everyone is included each week. Without it you need to have fair rotation, which like I said is hard to achieve.

So best approach to getting enough for the Isengard raid is to clear OD and let your reputation do the talking...

[EDIT] I see Xand actually said "probably" which is about right in fact.
    Last edited by Carolinriel; Jun 09 2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Freeps: Carolinriel, Anordir, Gilidriel,Thelcyr, various low levels
    Creeps: Scrappy (kennelled)

We (Sombras de Ithilien) have most nights 2 raid groups. So definitively we are expecting new 24 man raid
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000054873/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#000000]Mordecai CHM - Morken GRD - Gilthen MIN (and many others)[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Most kin will probably need help for sure to manage continous raiding a 24 man raid.
    Probably going to need a lot of alliances out there.

But still some months to go so things can happen
    [SIZE="3"]-¤-¤-¤- Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum est -¤-¤-¤-[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000007ec6d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

still looking for a raid team myself came back after a long break fel in love with the game again already pre purchased isen,so any kin in need of a minstrel main shout me,love love to help out and get back into end game stuff again love all murbo
    and good luck to those that can get 24man

Our kin is new and small and will stay small as it is how we want it ;-) But we like to raid and will do for sure the new 24-man raid.

We are already raiding with our friends of the order of the enchanted light but we wont have 24 players together, we ll just look for another alliances or friends we have in the middle earth I think it will need a lot of organization but I m rdy for it
    [url]www.Middleearthbrotherhood.eu[/url]
    Elemir – Lore Master lvl 65
    Amiril – Minstrel lvl 65
    Haltalion – Hunter lvl 65

If the time comes think we can get 24 man going, but that will depend how the game will go until Isengard, and also think that lots of persons will come back with Isengard... 10 levels ? Damm we dont have that since Moria!!!

OD is a raid of same BG level so isnt the same excitment for some, and when even some rewards arent really better for some class...

This raid will totally be superior in matter of loot of BG / DN, since with the level difference they cant be so similar.

Lets hope when it arrives persons asnwer the call of war!

OFF TOPIC:

Murbo leave the Forsakken Inn!

My trade request has time out! ='(

No [Forsaken Cider] for you!
    Last edited by Rucagorn; Jun 12 2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

*Waiting for delete* :O
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2