We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 4 years ago, where was you?

Quote Originally Posted by GalelValdan View Post
    lool, i remember many problems with graphics some months after, shaders etc...
    It wasn't problems with the game, it was my stone-age laptop (one step away from an abacus it was!)
    [URL="http://councilofeldars.guildlaunch.com/"]Councilofeldars.guildlaunch.com[/URL]
    Eldar Server - IDHRONDIR - Elf | DURGANN - Dwarf | SANCHA - Hobbit | VORDAMIR - Man
    "From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be King."

Shame i dont got a picture of myself going to the shop to buy the game around this time 4 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by kimsi View Post
    You should've heard him when we explained it.
    I think the reaction was pretty similiar as when they invented the wheel.
    Or maybe the electricity. It was really... inspiring.
    We're you also kind enough, that you explained him the god mode thingy?
    Cause its pretty awesome while lvling...
    just before you start killing some mobs, you can hit god mode, where you do 500% damage for a minute, and take less incomming damage aswell... doesnt work in fs or instances tho...

just hit alt ctrl f4 before entering combat, than it says god mode activated, and a countdown timer starts
    Evernight's enige echte Bierbuik™

Quote Originally Posted by Kisur View Post
    We're you also kind enough, that you explained him the god mode thingy?
    Cause its pretty awesome while lvling...
    just before you start killing some mobs, you can hit god mode, where you do 500% damage for a minute, and take less incomming damage aswell... doesnt work in fs or instances tho...

just hit alt ctrl f4 before entering combat, than it says god mode activated, and a countdown timer starts
    Now I understand why wardrat is a respected member of your kin. :P
    Chains of insanity - Doom of GY Reborn - FOTM - WotGE - Fancy Lads
    Retired from LOTRO

hmmm...

Wardrat is a nice person if you talk to him...
    He just had his own way of saying that he didnt liked solstice :P

and btw, if some1 didnt get that my previous post was a joke, than im very sorry, but it was kinda obvious is was...
    Evernight's enige echte Bierbuik™

Quote Originally Posted by Kisur View Post
    hmmm...

Wardrat is a nice person if you talk to him...
    He just had his own way of saying that he didnt liked solstice :P

and btw, if some1 didnt get that my previous post was a joke, than im very sorry, but it was kinda obvious is was...
    I'm not quite sure what Critical has to do with Solstice, but well, funny joke ;P I'm sure I would have tried it if I'd read this 4 years ago ;P
    | Endurion~ Rank 14 ~ Lore Master |

4 Years ago i was proberly lvling my first chatacter ich was a female elf tank called adanna, but i got bored quick of it and make my hunter which has ben renamed alot over the years and is now known as deluon

Well, at a little less than 4 years ago [August 2007] I was posting for a group screenshot with my kinship [Gray Council of Arnor] on Elendilmir - sadly most of these folks are no longer in game [though the kinship is still going strong]:

A little over 4 years ago [around pre-order head start] I was completing some newbie quests in Archet:
    [B][I]Back after a long hiatus[/I][/B]
    Founding Lifetime Member/LotRO Beta Tester - Still love the game

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fishing in lake evendim back in June 10th 2007 not long after release with my very 1st char, I think i cought an Elf-Fish..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000d899e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I was probably playing some regular single-player game, completely oblivious that in 5 days time I'd be receiving LOTRO in my mail (had been ordered a few weeks before) which would change my gaming life forever 16th August 2007 <3 4th anniversary woop woop
    Dinmithrandir ~~ Celebromen ~~ Esgalril
    Ekseriyet ~~ Officer

Fluffyburg

Egon, there was no fishing in 2007 It was only released with Book13 (Forochel) sometime in April-May 2008, about a year after LOTRO launched, as far as I remember...
    Eldarond, Eldarius, Eldarad, Eldarok, Eldarod, Eldarand, Eldara, Eldarox, etc.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss | Led the Charge at the Anvil of Winterstith
    VIDEO -------> Barad Guldur Lieutenant Hard-Mode 6-manned -------> Watcher 6-manned
    Server: Eldar (moved to Evernight)

Nice thread, I remember strolling past mektar in bree while doing book 1 haha and also grouped with rabies camping the graveyard when Rank 5 was considered high.

-Belanda

It's scary to think that for many of us lotro has engaged our intrests for four years now with many of us still here playing since day one of release, I suppose it's testament to the developers of the game that they have created something that has captavated us for so long with many many hours spent playing.
    Well done Turbine on creating such a varied captavating intresting game and heres to the next four + years of playing /cheer.
    [EN] Eldar
    Various freeps n creeps since april 2007

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000bda7b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by -Kern- View Post
    It's scary to think that for many of us lotro has engaged our intrests for four years now with many of us still here playing since day one of release, I suppose it's testament to the developers of the game that they have created something that has captavated us for so long with many many hours spent playing.
    Well done Turbine on creating such a varied captavating intresting game and heres to the next four + years of playing /cheer.
    Totally agree but i think most important work is from only 1 person: J.R.R. Tolkien

Look at me being higher ranked gret. And hey lol that's my screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretolas View Post
    As if four years ago, i was lvl 42 i think and that was my very first day in Ettens (im at the middle bottom).

Probably already 50, but 4 years and some more ago, on day -1 on lotro early access, I was taking screenshots of myself swimming because I liked the water
    [/URL]
    Jei - Warden - Main
    Jeice - Burglar
    Herow - Champion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2