We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5 Stars?????

Re: 5 Stars?????

Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    step 13. play an overpowered class on the smallest (or second/third smallest) server where most players are new
    I might just start playing a burglar. Hmm, good point.
    13. How not to die in moors as a guardian? Roll a burglar.

Only fools and dead men never change their mind

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    I might just start playing a burglar. Hmm, good point.
    13. How not to die in moors as a guardian? Roll a burglar.

what?
    Kraken, Thesungodra

what?
    Please dont make me explain it to you. That would just be embarrassing.

Please dont make me explain it to you. That would just be embarrassing.
    no i get your point that burgs are easier to star hug on, just thought you were trying to say guards werent OP
    Kraken, Thesungodra

no i get your point that burgs are easier to star hug on, just thought you were trying to say guards werent OP
    Just because i have 2 more stars then you do does not make me a star hugger.
    And i dont think guards are OP. How would you even classify OP?

Imo, its a unfair advantage a class has over other classes. Burglars have an advantage over all classes in moors. RKs are up there with them. OP does not always have to be linked to how easy it is to star hug.
    What unfair advantage do guardians have? Pledge is the only thing the guardian has that gives him an advantage in moors. But only in survivability.

Take a look at 1v1. Against WL - power issues
    Against defiler - power issues
    Against weaver - power issues and mostly no chance of winning
    Out of 6 classes on creep side, at ranks 7-9 you can only have a fair chance of winning against BAs, Wargs and reavers. (considering no pots are used)

Those are my experiences anyway. And please dont use that argument that because the server is only a year old that we dont know how to play. Its a stupid argument used by stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenkane View Post
    and it's pretty easy to kill guards even with cd's up warg sprint and reaver charge catches them easy as i have been run down by both before.
    lol...

Baslion
    Dineanddash

Just because i have 2 more stars then you do does not make me a star hugger.
    And i dont think guards are OP. How would you even classify OP?

Imo, its a unfair advantage a class has over other classes. Burglars have an advantage over all classes in moors. RKs are up there with them. OP does not always have to be linked to how easy it is to star hug.
    What unfair advantage do guardians have? Pledge is the only thing the guardian has that gives him an advantage in moors. But only in survivability.

Take a look at 1v1. Against WL - power issues
    Against defiler - power issues
    Against weaver - power issues and mostly no chance of winning
    Out of 6 classes on creep side, at ranks 7-9 you can only have a fair chance of winning against BAs, Wargs and reavers. (considering no pots are used)
    dude no offense but youre pretty new. ive been playing in the moors for 3 and a half years. guards are op. fact.

play creepside for a week. it will enlighten you. play your guard for more than 6 ranks. it will enlighten you. play a different class. it will enlighten you. read the forums. it will enlighten you.

- pledge is an overpowered skill (more the fact that you can double pledge and double heart really) because creepside has an overwhelming majority of melee/ranged unlike freepside where a lot of damage is tactical.

- charge ignores falling damage, is 50% for 17s, and ignores all slows.

- we have great DPS and amazing survivability

- if you lose often to wargs and reavers, youre doin it wrong. i only tie or lose to r13 reavers and a sprinkling of other ranked wargs/reavers, and that is without ALL cooldowns including small ones like charge and heart.

- we have a melee range of uber kiting abilities. its simply ez if you melee kite.

- a "fair" chance at winning against a BA? are you kidding me? BAs are the easiest class to beat on creepside buddy lol. the ONLY way a BA has a chance against you is if you make it fair by having a setup 1v1 and letting them put evade and a fire trap up. that is the only way. youre kidding yourself if you think otherwise. they do common damage and cant do anything without both evade/fire trap.

Those are my experiences anyway. And please dont use that argument that because the server is only a year old that we dont know how to play. Its a stupid argument used by stupid people.
    and yes, crickhollow being a new server means it is VERY different and much easier to star hug on. read my first post in this thread lol, it says everything you need to know. and ive had 1900 rating (never tried to truly star hug, just happened) so i know you dont have to be a star hugger to get a high rating.

have you played on different servers or is your highest rank truly 6?
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Quote Originally Posted by Fraegster View Post
    *disclaimer* - this is just an FYI post from someone who only Creeps

To a Creep 5 stars means the following:

1) you seldom take true* risks
    2) you run away at the first sign that you might be at risk
    3) you do not look for challenging fights
    4) you bail on your fellow freeps leaving them to die while you hug your stars

You might be the nicest person in the world and really skilled at your class. But the above is what 5 stars means to the Creeps.

* - running into OC to beat down a creep while tons of people beat on you, knowing all the while all you have to do is sprint out of danger is not taking a risk.

EDIT - Again you might be really good at your class, not run away, not bail on your friends etc. But when creeps see 5 stars what I listed is the immediate assumption.
    This is a good summary of how others can view 5 Stars negatively. Aside from frequent hating on people who set goals for high rating on one or more of their class, it is possible to find individuals who enjoy high rating and enjoy high risk situations. For example, full raid of creeps, 2-3 Burgs decide to take out 1 Creep, perhaps the Creep Leader or a Defiler or Warleader, knowing they will be raid focus fired as soon as they do, and tracked when they HIPs but doing it for the fun. They may have high rating but will take the risk of losing their rating for one fun "Burglar assassin-style" kill where you may or may not have got away. Often we do not get away but we can talk about that kill for a while. As unique individuals we all have a unique sense of fun and pleasure.

As someone who set a personal challenge to push rating on Burglar and Stalker, I enjoy giving the other side the satisfaction of a kill when they do get it. I know they may enjoy the personal satisfaction as well as a bump in their Wartab if they do not already have a 2000 on there. It can make the Moors more enjoyable when you give others the opportunity to take down one of those rarer kills. I always feel good for the other side about being taken down, 5 Stars or not, as in "well played", know my kill meant something to you. Within the risk/reward profiles all players may have, aside from the ongoing personal challenge, I also chose to starhug on Burglar and Warg as a kill tease that can deliver a smile to the other side when they do go down. No it doesn't burn when you get killed, unless you are overly attached to this number, which most people assume about starhuggers. When I die on a starhugginng class, I smile, laugh, feel all warm and fuzzy that the other side enjoyed that kill, often while watching multiple teabaggers. Hey, that sure gave them some fun, more fun than if my rating was 0.

Point 4 is a personal point that many assume about those with higher ratings though it depends on the individual. Am sure plenty of us know folks who have blown their ratings trying to save the raid or save the healer, save the keep etc and one of the best ways to let your raid get away when outnumbered is when the other side stops chasing the raid and chases the freep or creep with the high rating instead. I have observed this many times with my Burglar mate Blacksparrow sacrificing himself so the freep raid can get away and I totally enjoy doing exactly the same of blowing my rating knowing the other side may prefer chasing me, so our raid can get away. In that sense, the high rating itself, if used in this way, can also be an effective escape tool for your friends in the raid.

What is my point?

Enjoy your gaming at no one's expense, set and achieve your individual and teamwork goals etc but at the end of the day, IMHO:

people > rating/renown/infamy/gear/stuff
    Breron/Gojespin/Kilawen/Lynnawen/Mayawen

Hi to Seredir from Lintalthir, your old buddy. Hope you're keeping well
    Hitchens(r9 warg), Glasgow(R9 LM) Brandywine server.
    I fought alongside Silverest & Wuffles on Gladden when LOTRO began, nowadays on Brandwyne's PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2