We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Come list ye' grievences

Before anyone starts ranting, I would like to point out that the purpose of this thread is to hopefully help reconcile some of the hate building up on both sides of the moors. At the end of the day, we are all there for the fun of it, for lolz and glory, not for points or for trolling or for making anyone elses life misserable. There are some behaviors however that take away much of the fun and lead to alot of this hostility thats been building up. On both sides i've seen messages like "_____ is a louzy rez camper" or "_____ calls out soloers cas he sucks 1v1" or "____is a ____" you get the point.

I'de like to get one big long list of "please don't do's" which, if abided by, will hopefully make the moors of landi a bit more enjoyable for everyone. I'll start the list with my 5 personal pet peves in order of peveness.

1) Rez camping- to clarify, I don't mean battles at a rez circle, or holding off re-inforcements during a keep push. I mean blatant, malignant, repeated zerging of anyone who sets foot outside of the rez circle. I won't call names but certain wargs are notorious for having a pack ready to kill every solor who appears a specific rez circle until the raid is called, at which point they run, and come back once the raid is gone. You know who you are.

2) Corpse jumping/ rude emoting- I don't care what the situation is, this is rude, annoying, and shows how fainly you overestimate the girth of your genitalia. Doing this after finally killing that guy that did that one thing that one time will just make that guy hate you more. Doing this after calling the zerg down on someone you couldn't beat just shows you to be a pathetic basement rager who can do nothing better than mash the spacebar and call for help.

3) Farming newbies/underlevels- This hurts everyone. It hurts your rep among the more decent folk of the moors, it hurts the moors population by driving away recruits, and believe me it hurts you in the long run cas those newbies will be back with friends, alot of friends. Its one thing when a greenhorn ambushes you or tries to fight, its another when they run on sight from you, or when you pick them out time and time again out of the heart of the enemy raid for easy kills. Show some mercy and I guarentee you will be given mercy when you need it, which believe me eventually you will.

4) Eliteism- "Look at me, i'm so awesome, they all suck so much, and so do all of you while i'm at it." We've all heard it, all seen it, all spit at it. In the moors there is power in numbers, a five star rating and the 1337est new gear won't be enough to save you when the raid brings itself down upon ye. Rather then lording your epic lootz over the rest of us why don't you pitch in with the raid and lend the rest of us "inferior" folk your strength. Going out solo because you're too good to help out the raid is stupid and foolhardy. There are times when the raid will need you help, and believe it or not there will be those rare times when even the unstoppable ____ will need the help of the raid.

5) Raging/Trolling/Griefing- Leave your problems at the door. I don't care if you're drunk, angry, depressed, or generally think you rule the world. In the moors you're my teammate, you have my support and I expect yours. I'll tollerate your bs and you should tollerate mine. And so on. Don't tell people to shut up if they are too talkative, you don't have to read what they are saying. Don't tell scouts to be quite because the raid is already fighting, because you may not be the only group out. Don't rage because so and so didn't save you, be thankful that they tried.

There is a short list of the top 5 behaviors that really need to leave the moors. If you guys have feedback/more grievances to add by all means please do so. If you would like to troll me or tell me how I don't know anything please keep your mental handicaps to yourselves.

-Ingranore, the newly dubbed White Warden

Re: Come list ye' grievences

Good luck with that , and in b4 thread lock !

Mortem Tyrannis

Time to do all 5 of those things at once.
    "Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall."

Nerf Sars and his pickle, Moors fixed.
    Breron/Gojespin/Kilawen/Lynnawen/Mayawen

Ok....

1) Rez Camping - Don't own a tent so it's more loitering, sometimes I'm just lazy and don't want to chase noms.

2) Corpse Jumping/Rude Emoting - Considering I corpsejump Creeps and Freep equally (for I have RESPECT for them) and that my Screenshot folder containts over 130 rude emote captures, you can see we differ in opinion. I'm sorry you feel slighted, if Turbine didn't want me to jump up and down and thrusts my hips, they would come and remove my spacebar and... Well I really should hotkey the rude emote... HAH!

3) Farming Newbies - I'm an Orc, I don't care about the glory of my family name like Dorfs and Men, nor am I an ambigious elf, I'm an equal opportunity smasher, I really don't care... You step onto the field son, expect contact.

4) Elliteism - I don't try to be awesome, it's genetic, wargs worship me, creep chicks and freep chicks love me and creep dudes and freep dudes want to be me, except Gutlard, who is like equally awesome.

5) Trolling/Stuff - Troll quest is broken for me so like, can't troll, Raging... Sometimes it's good for focusing your play.... Griefing, I'll refer you to number 3.

Now, by posting 'your' grievences you're like being elitist, not to mention slightly trolling/griefing on those who do not find number two to be rude (tee hee Gutlard, it's like a poo reference dude). :P

I would like to welcome you to the Ettenmoors, I have no idea who you are and if I've done 1 through 5 to you, I'm sorry you took offence, I meant none, nor will I stop. Perhaps focus less on what others doing and find your own enjoyment in the game cos no matter what you post, say or do, people will do it anyway. Hell, I may do it more because that's how I roll! :P

Thanks for reading. KEEP ON FREEPIN' ON.

Last edited by Jungleghost; Jul 16 2011 at 04:29 AM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=3][B]~ Sars... The Creeples Champion! ~
    Pouncing Pwny[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

From all of us here at The Gank Squad, we are truly sorry for our grievances and will try to make the Ettenmoors a better place for you.

~ The Gank Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleghost View Post
    Ok....

1) Rez Camping - Don't own a tent so it's more loitering, sometimes I'm just lazy and don't want to chase noms.

2) Corpse Jumping/Rude Emoting - Considering I corpsejump Creeps and Freep equally (for I have RESPECT for them) and that my Screenshot folder containts over 130 rude emote captures, you can see we differ in opinion. I'm sorry you feel slighted, if Turbine didn't want me to jump up and down and thrusts my hips, they would come and remove my spacebar and... Well I really should hotkey the rude emote... HAH!

3) Farming Newbies - I'm an Orc, I don't care about the glory of my family name like Dorfs and Men, nor am I an ambigious elf, I'm an equal opportunity smasher, I really don't care... You step onto the field son, expect contact.

4) Elliteism - I don't try to be awesome, it's genetic, wargs worship me, creep chicks and freep chicks love me and creep dudes and freep dudes want to be me, except Gutlard, who is like equally awesome.

5) Trolling/Stuff - Troll quest is broken for me so like, can't troll, Raging... Sometimes it's good for focusing your play.... Griefing, I'll refer you to number 3.

Now, by posting 'your' grievences you're like being elitist, not to mention slightly trolling/griefing on those who do not find number two to be rude (tee hee Gutlard, it's like a poo reference dude). :P

I would like to welcome you to the Ettenmoors, I have no idea who you are and if I've done 1 through 5 to you, I'm sorry you took offence, I meant none, nor will I stop. Perhaps focus less on what others doing and find your own enjoyment in the game cos no matter what you post, say or do, people will do it anyway. Hell, I may do it more because that's how I roll! :P

Thanks for reading. KEEP ON FREEPIN' ON.

My response exactly with a little less Sars in it.

Thanks Sars for saving me time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000012b500/01008/signature.png]Egethryth[/charsig][color=black]
    Himatsuu r7 Hunter[color=grey]*[/color]Himyvonburic r8 Burglar[/color]
    [color=darkred]Muzlusk r6 Warg[color=grey]*[/color]Freepinator r6 Reaver[/color]
    [font=7][color=gray]"Dear Devs, Nerf Rock. Paper is ok. Sincerely, Scissors"~Mistake[/color][/font]

Griefing and Trolling are part of the fun if it is done in moderation. In other words "If you can't take the heat then get out of the frying pan".
    Sultria 100 Mini ~ Saurnia 100 Burg ~ Surynia 100 Rune ~ Syretia 100 Cap ~ Sophria 97 Hunt ~ Soulnia 89 Lore
    Sunalia 87 Mini ~ Staryia 85 Ward ~ Stralia 67 Champ ~ Scarnia 57 Beorn ~ Strikia 18 Rune ~ Seltria 15 Guard

testing testing
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000263685/signature.png]Ratdeath[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thebob007 View Post
    4) Eliteism- "Look at me, i'm so awesome, they all suck so much, and so do all of you while i'm at it." We've all heard it, all seen it, all spit at it. In the moors there is power in numbers, a five star rating and the 1337est new gear won't be enough to save you when the raid brings itself down upon ye. Rather then lording your epic lootz over the rest of us why don't you pitch in with the raid and lend the rest of us "inferior" folk your strength. Going out solo because you're too good to help out the raid is stupid and foolhardy. There are times when the raid will need you help, and believe it or not there will be those rare times when even the unstoppable ____ will need the help of the raid.
    Mah BELLY is so big I can't help but be elite.

1) Rez camping- I don't necessarily camp them, but they are definitely in my "rotation," as you can often find someone who has no choice, but to fight you, if you engage them far enough away.

2) Corpse jumping/ rude emoting- It doesn't bother me.

3) Farming newbies/underlevels- You only become better by fighting someone with a pulse. As a "newbie/underlevel," you actually have nothing to lose. Fight the fight and, if you win, props to you.

4) Eliteism- Not everyone enjoys the same play style. Not everyone cares about keeps and such. If someone thinks they're elite, and they're not, enjoy the free lulz.

5) Raging/Trolling/Griefing- You can't take any of these out of an MMO pvp environment. If someone is doing one of the above and annoys you, /ignore.

-----------

I appreciate your effort to "clean up the moors," but policing the activities of others is wasted energy. If you do not like someone's actions, /ignore. Find what you enjoy spending your time doing and do it.
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

If you don't like being corpse jumped, either don't die or release quickly.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    If you don't like being corpse jumped, either don't die or release quickly.
    This actually gets at the main gist of what I was conveying...

Control the controllables.

Play how you want to and ignore what you don't like through the appropriate game mechanics (/release; /ignore; etc). You cannot control how someone else will act.
    Baslion
    Dineanddash

Quote Originally Posted by Baslin View Post
    This actually gets at the main gist of what I was conveying...

Control the controllables.

Play how you want to and ignore what you don't like through the appropriate game mechanics (/release; /ignore; etc). You cannot control how someone else will act.
    such the expert.........
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

5) Raging/Trolling/Griefing- Tried, but I was a pretty ineffective troll. All I managed to do was rob a liquor store on the way back to Grams.

Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by thebob007 View Post

So in essence, what your saying is......Join the raid or you're stupid and foolhardy? If the only choice for me personally was to join the "raid" when I come to the moors, I simply wouldn't come to the moors. Forgive me, but joining the "raid" is NOT a required action for being in the zone.

There's a HUGE difference between people being arrogant pricks and those that choose to solo or small group. While they can be the same people, lumping them all together is truly stupid and foolhardy.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by leekofthewood View Post
    such the expert.........
    Your ellipsis is rather long, sir. Can you expand on that thought? I am unsure what meaning to take from it.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

So this is a thread where we can spread our butthurt to others? Sounds like a good thread to me!

I hate when creeps actually fight me. I want to kill you as you run away. Stop fighting back.
    Dum spiro, spero - Cicero

Wow, I sat and thought about this for a long time and all I can come up with is this....

I love everyone out there, the players are are all awesome and kind on both sides. I see no issues with anyone. The game mechanics are superb and the way that the PvP is set it up it really shows who is skilled, and who is still learning. The situational set ups for Keep takes are spot on. Have I said how great all the players are yet?

In closing I don't see why anyone would have any grievences with the Moors, seeing how the mechanics are solid and the players are so kind and helpful.

This thread gets a double /boggle from Charrk S. Dog.

Keep being great Landroval.

/cheers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000159df3/signature.png]Charrk[/charsig] [color=red][size=3]PvMP meter:[/size] It is my opinion that NO game company has a clue what PvP is.[/color]
    [color=orange][size=3]Wisdom of the Sharkdog:[/size][/color][color=violet] Barter systems weren;t that cool when they first added them, so stop already with new barter items.[/color]

Simple piece of advice: If you stopped caring about items 1-5, you would enjoy the moors much moor (terrible pun I know). The moors are what they are and all of the things you mentioned happen. Some more often than others, but regardless, it's how you deal with it that matters.

I appreciate that you believe you are doing a good thing, but if anything, you are inciting more of the exact behaviour you seem to dislike. Either accept it, ignore it, or stop coming to the moors. Simple.
    Wulfhram (Hunter), Boborrin (Champ), Garrth (Captain) assorted others

21. Jul 16 2011, 02:05 PM

Reason
    trolling

I guess I didn't get my point across in the original post. The purpose of this thread was to help reconsile some of the hate on both sides because the way I see it competition is good but flat out hate for the oposing team is 1) annoying to have all over the ooc, and 2) changed the entire atmosphere of the moors to be unpleasent. People take themsleves, their team, their ratings, and their ranks, WAY too seriusly. When I brought some of this up on the ooc I got laughed off for "white knighting" and hence the white warden title, because i've got this very alien notion of sportsmanship and some form of honor. I can already tell i'm not going to change anyone mind with this however, so I will keep it to myself. Aparrently things like letting your oponent respawn, letting a lowbie quester go when they don't want to fight you, not screaming out for help every time I see a soloer, and bowing before, not face humping, fallen opponents are obsurd notions that have no place in this game.

ps. to answer some of the harsher posts,
    -on eliteism, I mean people who flat out ignore and undermine the raid for their own amusement. People that call raiders cowards, raid leads incompetent, and pull the entire keep on the raid in order to earn more of their own kills.

-on ganking lowbies I meant people who don't even attack you, that are just running along and try to run away from you when you attack, let them go for once, they'll return the favor to you one day.

-on the general subject of my "white knighting" you won't hear from me again on the subject. I know better then to argue with a brick wall.

1) Rez Camping - I camp rezzes because you can't really find solos anywhere else on the map a lot of the time, and camping rezzes actually helps the raid. No enemy reinforcements = easier fights.

2) Corpse Jumping/Rude Emoting - I corpse jump because I can. I find it funny to turn people, including other freeps/creeps (whichever side I'm on) into my own personal trampoline.... And I /rude on my warg because I enjoy pissing on Sars.

3) Farming Newbies - Their fault for coming out below the cap, not mine.

4) Elliteism - If soloing makes you elitist, than I'm definitely one elitist mfer

5) Trolling/Stuff - Meh, I make rude comments in OOC, sure. There is no meaning behind them, though. If you let it bother you that's your problem, and you can put me on ignore. Chances are I won't be joining your raids anyway so it won't matter to me.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Cynfive Cynrion[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][B]Cynthri[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]Callun Cynrios[/COLOR]
    Points > Everything
    I am spy

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

24. Jul 16 2011, 02:25 PM

Reason
    age trolling

The funny thing is, you can't really camp a rez circle in the 'Moors. Every single one has an alternate exit. Grams and GV? Take the fire escape. Lugz and TR? Pick one of any of the 360 degrees available.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

26. Jul 16 2011, 02:39 PM

Reason
    trolling

27. Jul 16 2011, 02:56 PM

Reason
    trolling

28. Jul 16 2011, 02:58 PM

Reason
    trolling

29. Jul 16 2011, 02:58 PM

Reason
    age trolling

Quote Originally Posted by dinin42 View Post
    Wow, I sat and thought about this for a long time and all I can come up with is this....

I love everyone out there, the players are are all awesome and kind on both sides. I see no issues with anyone. The game mechanics are superb and the way that the PvP is set it up it really shows who is skilled, and who is still learning. The situational set ups for Keep takes are spot on. Have I said how great all the players are yet?

In closing I don't see why anyone would have any grievences with the Moors, seeing how the mechanics are solid and the players are so kind and helpful.

This thread gets a double /boggle from Charrk S. Dog.

Keep being great Landroval.

/cheers
    ^

Charrk is totally on the mark.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

31. Jul 16 2011, 03:16 PM

Reason
    trolling

To the OP, I think you are honestly missing the biggest one in my mind.

Running away from a fight.

I can understand it in some cases. What really makes it so much more irritating is that most the people that run away from me, claim they are good honest soloer's just looking for a fair fight. And on top of that, is that every class can do it, not just burgs. Put on a slow, and run to NPCs/friends.

Before I hear the comments about, "get out of combat and charge him"... yes it works, sometimes. But the other times the person has made it to the help.

But honestly what makes these situations even funnier, is that the person usually starts popping CDs as I catch up. Making it even more confusing, as I look at the person wondering why they didn't just kill me with all the CDs they popped, instead of sharing the points with the NPCs/friends.

And I'm not trying to say I have never ran before, I have. But can we at the very least have people claim to want these great fights stick around for them?

Remember, you are only going to get better by actually dying and trying. That is the main message I am trying to get across, those points are meaningless. Give a good fight, and if you die, come back and try something else, different cd's and strats. Eventually you can and will get it down, because every class has the potential of beating every class.

One person I would like to give a shout out to is Jetsu. At first when he came into the Moors I was able to beat him pretty easily, and after each and every fight (50+ at least) he has gotten tougher and tougher, up until the point he can beat me pretty easily now. Heh, now it is my turn to start trying some new strats on him.

QQ/off.. hope this speech might impact at least one person positively
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000ac811/01008/signature.png]Belegrod[/charsig]

[color=black]~[/color][color=grey]Chieftain [/color][color=red]Mawz Maul [/color] [color=grey] Slayer of Light [/color][color=black]~[/color]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast