We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To our Norwegian players on our server

Please accept my deepest condolances and sympathy, in this for many is your darkest hour .
    You are a strong nation and you will pull through .

Boonie

The Avengers

Black Guard

Re: To our Norwegian players on our server

I second this and give out all my sympathies to those affected in these dark hours.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000f48ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

That was some devastating news. My biggest sympathies to all Norwegians.
    It seems that they have caught that guy who did both the bombing in Oslo and the massacre in Utöya island. And they have caught him alive, which is a good but also a bit weird thing. Usually terrorists just shoot themselves before getting caught.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Pink][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000140717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    ♣ Commander Elwene, Challenger of Gortheron ♣[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=Pink]
    [/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink]Proud seal of Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]
    [/COLOR] [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    [URL="http://shavra.deviantart.com/"]Is also on DeviantART![/URL]
    [/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by theboon View Post
    Please accept my deepest condolances and sympathy, in this for many is your darkest hour .

Boonie

The Avengers

Black Guard

/signed.

Words fail me in such awful circumstances
    [SIZE=3][FONT=impact]Freeps: Strondor -R9 Captain * Strondamir -R10 Hunter
    Creeps: Gugarath -R12 BA * Inceywincey - R11 Spider * Smegbreath -R8
    Defiler * Halitosis -R8 WL * Gonnaeatyou -R7 Warg * Goddam -R7 Reaver[/FONT][/SIZE]

Thanks.

There is no words for what this f..... up man have done...

My deepest condolences for the truly horrific and senseless attacks on your nation. Words will never suffice but at least the offender can be brought to justice and atone for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by theboon View Post

Boonie

The Avengers

Black Guard
    /signed as well
    Xodus-Warleader 12 Black Guard
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend

My sympathies.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000171d0a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Amnesia - Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Elwene View Post
    That was some devastating news. My biggest sympathies to all Norwegians.
    It seems that they have caught that guy who did both the bombing in Oslo and the massacre in Utöya island. And they have caught him alive, which is a good but also a bit weird thing. Usually terrorists just shoot themselves before getting caught.
    When the police came he just laid down his gun and gave himself in...
    Warlords of Angmar:
    Serethol burgler 65
    Serewar warden 65

Aye a shocking event, horrible to see such acts. Heart goes out to the familys of all victims.

Whats also shocking is due to norways law system, the max sentance someone can get is 21years, and i dont think they can stack life sentances in norway due to constitution. Scary
    Lvl 0 Runekeeper
    Rank -1 Warg

Evernight for lyf.

Thanks.

And as to the max of 21 years. That is just how long he can be sentenced. There are mechanisms in the norwegian law to keep people in jails for an indefinate amount of time.

This is a crazy world we're all living in. Heard this in the carradio news on my way up north. So horrible.

My sympathies.

I think it's only good thing that he didn't kill himself. Now when he is alive people who have suffered losses because of him can throw their anger towards him and see him suffer from the hate and disrespect he gets from everyone. It feels just horrible when someone does that kind of massacre, but even more horrible when the one you could blame takes their life away and only thing you can do is to point your finger at your government and ask 'why did you let this happen?'.

I highly doubt that guy will sit 21 years in jail. Most likely someone will kill him when he's in prison or finally on the day when he will be set free. There are so many victims, it's very likely that at least one of them has a family member who wants justice and revenge.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Pink][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000140717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink]Proud seal of Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]
    [/FONT][/CENTER]

I think it's only good thing that he didn't kill himself. Now when he is alive people who have suffered losses because of him can throw their anger towards him and see him suffer from the hate and disrespect he gets from everyone.
    I dont think the victims families should throw their hate at the guy, the most important thing is that they can get answers from a clearly mentally ill individual and gain some understanding into what twisted motivation drove him to kill young children and people. Hatred and more hatred heaped on top of that dont solve anything, gaining understanding and overcoming your grieve and loss is far more important than a channel for your hatred.

It feels just horrible when someone does that kind of massacre, but even more horrible when the one you could blame takes their life away and only thing you can do is to point your finger at your government and ask 'why did you let this happen?'.
    You can hardly blame the government for everything, this kind of speech that the government should have interfered just promotes more censorship of the internet and other social network sites and invades peoples privacy. It is a horrible tragedy but would have Norwegians have thought that a native would so vehemently attack their own nation 3 days ago? I dont think anyone had a clue what this guy was capable of.

I highly doubt that guy will sit 21 years in jail. Most likely someone will kill him when he's in prison or finally on the day when he will be set free. There are so many victims, it's very likely that at least one of them has a family member who wants justice and revenge.
    The guy is clearly mentally ill I hope he goes to an institution and gets the help he needs because anyone who can lure children to themselves in a police uniform and then kill them is clearly mentally ill. He should never be allowed to leave it as far as I concerned but I dont think he should be thrown to the wolves in prison or the victims families. I hope the victims families dont take revenge as that will just ruin their lives even more after their great loses.

Well I think the mainstream media and goverment deserves some blame for this because in the society that we live in today its wrong to express certain opinions because its declared as hate speech and racist. I believe that this breeds even more hate and eventually it leads to these tragic events when you feel even more disconnected from the society .

I think we can learn alot from this Voltaire quote: I disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it

note: I do not agree with his opinions
    Last edited by D3str0yer; Jul 24 2011 at 07:49 PM.

To have been taken so young, my thoughts are with the friends and families affected and I only hope the investigations are handled in such a way it may bring answers, justice and whatever closure possible under such horrific circumstances.

My condolences to my otherwise great neighboring nation in their time of mourning.
    [COLOR="teal"]'*~.,.~*''*~.,.~*'*~.,.~*'*~.,.~*'*~.,.~*'[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f35hqc&s=7"]Hellfang[/URL] [COLOR="silver"]R11 Warg & Leader of[/COLOR] [URL="http://blackguard.mmoguildsites.com/"]Black Guard[/URL]
    [COLOR="teal"]'*~.,.~*''*~.,.~*'*~.,.~*'*~.,.~*'*~.,.~*'[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="silver"]-------- 4 E v e r - E v e r n i g h t --------[/COLOR]

Thank you for the support in these tragic times.

PS: Please don't try to make this a discussion over who's to blame. This was the work of one clearly mentally ill person.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000073341/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks.

It's pretty surreal..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000145a64/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rageadan r10 LM
    Turbolence r9 reaver

Thanks for the symphaty.
    the last days have been hard, all my feelings goes to the families that lost their son/daughter.<3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000006ad1e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Condolences from Finland. Have strength to overcome the sorrow.
    [color=gold][size=+1][FONT=Verdana][center]Ardorin Hovi rekrytoi suomalaisia pelaajia[/font][/size][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?398631-Ardorin-Hovi-is-recruiting-!][u]Foorumi[/u][/url] tai [url=dorinhovi.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=215055][u]verkkosivumme[/u][/url][/center][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooJack_EU View Post
    You can hardly blame the government for everything, this kind of speech that the government should have interfered just promotes more censorship of the internet and other social network sites and invades peoples privacy. It is a horrible tragedy but would have Norwegians have thought that a native would so vehemently attack their own nation 3 days ago? I dont think anyone had a clue what this guy was capable of.
    Well, when school massacres happened in my country, people and media immediately blamed the government for too sloppy gun control. They blamed government more than they blamed the murderers who used those guns to kill young students. The innocent parents and families of those murderers also were threatened so badly that they had to change their names and move away from their hometown.

In this case most likely Right-wing political parties will receive a lot of negative attention, I think.

Some people want revenge, it's just the way it is. Especially when you have lost someone really important and close person. And I'm sure there are people who want the guy dead. You would be amazed to know how crazy some people are...
    Last edited by Elwene; Jul 26 2011 at 04:38 AM.
    [/FONT][/CENTER]

He can actually get 30 years in prison due to attack against mankind same goes for warcrimes. He wrote alot of stuff and posted it on the www right before the attack. He had planned this attack for a long time.
    He has also said himself that he is prepared to be imprisoned for the rest of his life.
    Even 30 years is too short for this guy....
    Warlords of Angmar:
    Serethol burgler 65
    Serewar warden 65

Thank you all for the kind words.

*pat*
    Adas :: The Avengers - [EN]Evernight ::

Condolences from Portugal. Hope can overcome this dark part of your history.And that the future reserves better times.
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooJack_EU View Post
    The guy is clearly mentally ill I hope he goes to an institution and gets the help he needs because anyone who can lure children to themselves in a police uniform and then kill them is clearly mentally ill. He should never be allowed to leave it as far as I concerned but I dont think he should be thrown to the wolves in prison or the victims families.
    I very much doubt he was mentally ill. Maybe his defence will try and claim as much in the hope of a lenient sentence but from what I've read and heard about this guy he wasn't mentally ill.
    [b][color=lightblue]"[i]'Ai! ai!'[/i] wailed Legolas. [i]'A Rune-Keeper! A Rune-Keeper is come!'[/i]

Gimli stared with wide eyes. [i]'Tolkien's Bane!'[/i] he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face."[/color][/b]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast