We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

1st Age Book Passive: +Tactical Damage - Does it scale?

Hi Guys,

When I leveled my loremaster in moria I spent a long time grinding out 1st age books for the perfect one. I eventually got a level 59 1st age book with +5% Tactical Damage passive, 6 pool As and 1 pool B. I dont bother ranking up healing rating so this means I max out all 7 legacies. It was, at the time, perfect.

As this is only an alt, I'm not planning on getting a lvl65 1st age any time soon. So, I figured that the +5% tactical damage + the 6 pool A legacies was going to be far superior to any lvl65 3rd age/2nd age book I could get. Yeh, I miss not having the best relics but I supposedly get more DPS from the passive on my level 59.

However, was chatting with a kinnie the other day (who only has a LM) and he reakoned that the +5% damage passive scaled with mob level. So, with my lvl59 book I only do +5% damage to lvl59 mobs. Against level 65 mobs the damage scales down so I no longer do +5% damage but more like +1.5% or something like that.

Has anyone got any knowledge of this? I know its kinda a moot point as RoI isnt far off so I'll be scrapping it soon but it would mean I've gone through an entire expansion with the wrong information! I also have a 65 second age leveled and ready to use but never bothered as I thought the 59 1st age was better.
    [CENTER][I]Formerly Jennifern, Rank 7 Captain and Raid Leader of Divine Retribution on Snowbourn[/I]
    -
    Currently awaiting the next best thing!
    [/CENTER]

Re: 1st Age Book Passive: +Tactical Damage - Does it scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifern View Post
    However, was chatting with a kinnie the other day (who only has a LM) and he reakoned that the +5% damage passive scaled with mob level. So, with my lvl59 book I only do +5% damage to lvl59 mobs. Against level 65 mobs the damage scales down so I no longer do +5% damage but more like +1.5% or something like that.
    I don't think this is correct. The straight increase to percent should be the same for all the damage you are doing regardless of the level of mob. The level of the mob only matters when considering resistances, bpe, mitigations, and miss chance (which are ratings that your skills are checked against -- the higher the mob, the higher the rating typically). This is why the tooltips on your dps skills do not constantly change when you target different mobs.

Not true, it's +5% damage regardless of level. 65 1st age books let you slot better relics, but for DPS purposes that's about it.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

What might be worthwhile is plan on keeping your 59 first age as a dps book, but build a 65 second age anyway-- that one can be your offhealing/utility type book as compared with the straightline dps.

That way you can pump points into your majors on the dps book, and make use of the +healing modifier on the other one. Gives you a project and with a lucky ID on the 65 may end up changing your mind.

On a side note-- I get why my mini has +healing on the book, +damage on the weapon, but I think they should have thought a bit more on the LM, maybe make the book modifier a random you won't know until ID
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000005b688/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cool, cheers for the responses guys My LM was made purely for the moors so couldn't really care about utility (tho, have most utility legacies anyway) so I'll be sticking with my lvl59 until RoI
    [CENTER][I]Formerly Jennifern, Rank 7 Captain and Raid Leader of Divine Retribution on Snowbourn[/I]
    -
    Currently awaiting the next best thing!
    [/CENTER]