We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What happened to Meneldor?

The server go down for me and for my friends today.

Can someone say me what is it?

Re: What happened to Meneldor?

Server goes down (i.e. folks are booted from game) when the server can no longer handle its current player population (commonly referred to as "overpopulation").

In the case of Meneldor (tonight) it was apparently the Moors population which killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panahasi View Post
    Server goes down (i.e. folks are booted from game) when the server can no longer handle its current player population (commonly referred to as "overpopulation").

In the case of Meneldor (tonight) it was apparently the Moors population which killed it.
    Meneldor overpopulated? Those are two words I have never seen in the same sentence Drae.

Meneldor's Moors population (even in some of the end game raid instances) used to crash routinely during Year One and Year Two... and even AFTER the much heralded Turbine "upgrade" of game server hardware a year or so ago. Nowadays, Meneldor's Moors is running around with 2+ raids of Creeps most nights (1+ Dark Ones raids, and a raid's worth of solo/small group Creeps) and factor in the Freep population and sometimes there's nearly four raids worth of PvP'rs. Meneldor's Moors/server hardware couldn't handle that back in the day... what makes us think it is able to handle that now?

Then, of course, there's the InterWebz gremlins who occasionally affect ISPs and their connection hubs/et cetera.

Life on the Internet... I tell ya... it's a precarious proposition...