We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Fightclubbing (1v1s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiggress View Post
    Fair warning....I am coming there to kill the opposite faction...its an open PVMP area for a reason....I love 1v1's, and i cant let my brethren die to a 1v1...so just a heads up, flame away, zerg away, heck camp away...But I am coming to pick off the meek and wounded......
    Oh and I wont be alone.....

You look like a spidery type...Amirite or amirite ?
    Bregnagra - Ashkoz - Kulurien ~ Formerly of Brandywine

Wouldn't be surprised, so few non-zergy spiders nowadays =/

Quote Originally Posted by obiwaan View Post

Lol Wrong only reavers wargs and spiders have a fair shot defilers can but are so boring to spar they don't see much action.Wls and Ba's just get farmed even after rank 6.
    BAs and WLs excluded was implied.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwaan
    Every time I have been to a fight club I just see freeps farming and only 1-4 creeps even doing any good.Then again that may be why freeps like them so much
    I guess better creeps are needed at the 1v1 circles, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfell View Post
    I think the recent 1v1s are just BS rank farming for both sides with people only fighting those thay think they can beat.
    I know this wasnt meant to everyone.... but like Arno said, the known solo/1v1ers are always willing to fight fair.. even if that means 2v1ing instead.
    Last edited by gageithman; Aug 04 2011 at 08:01 PM.
    Matdir R11 Warden

I think the recent 1v1s are just BS rank farming for both sides with people only fighting those thay think they can beat. I laughed at the last one I showed up to, not 1 of the 12+creeps attempted a fight but they sure did line up to fight the hunter and the lvl 60 RK.

I think you trying to make "rules" for the community in how you think they should fight is completely laughable. Just concern yourself with your own play style and deal with the ramifications of it. You want to jump people standing around cool, do it, just be prepared to go down yourself or never have a clean 1v1 in the future as you know that is what will happen.

And btw just because you are not grouped doesn't make you solo...I must run solo like you do with 2-23 people that happen to be near me and running everywhere I do.
    I will fight anyone, i have many rks, eloqently, shinanay, many minstrels, ive had a ton of 1v1s with armonian and gamathgar and other burgs as well, sneakah etc. ill fight anyone, (killed beast in a inprotu 1v1 the other day, but yes, some ppl that i know are pro u included i will wait for either sprint or hips or i wont even come close to winnning. and yes i am mostly solo, theres been many times ive had an improtu 1v1 with findratos, daymen,jagathir with no one elese around only for you to kill me during or immediatly after. And most of the time i am getting myself into 1v2's jsut to try and get a kill. So yes i do mostly solo, and mostly get caught by myselft and zerged all day. and generally the only time i have ppl around me constantly is late at night when all the freeps are on are in the same spot. and that really cant be helped.

Im not trying to make rules for 1v1 circles or anyhting like that, but if the circles are going on every night and i cant even get a fight for 20minutes with over 10 freeps standing around i will kill those jsut jumping around holding hands watching. and yes i know i will get zerged back, but dont think i will come alone, i am not the only person on creepside that is finding it annoying, not rying to make any rules, just giving fair warning that gta is not a safe zone, especially if your not actively participating in 1v1s. i dont have anyhting against people watching, buyt when theres more people watching than participating its boring, i log on to pvp, so saying go pve on my freep/creep isnt really much of a response lol.
    Last edited by seafoodbasket; Aug 04 2011 at 11:30 PM.

If you are saying you are going to start zerging 1v1s if you don't get what you want out of them, don't ever bother coming to a circle if I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by seafoodbasket View Post
    I will fight anyone, i have many rks, eloqently, shinanay, many minstrels, ive had a ton of 1v1s with armonian and gamathgar and other burgs as well, sneakah etc. ill fight anyone, (killed beast in a inprotu 1v1 the other day, but yes, some ppl that i know are pro u included i will wait for either sprint or hips or i wont even come close to winnning. and yes i am mostly solo, theres been many times ive had an improtu 1v1 with findratos, daymen,jagathir with no one elese around only for you to kill me during or immediatly after. And most of the time i am getting myself into 1v2's jsut to try and get a kill. So yes i do mostly solo, and mostly get caught by myselft and zerged all day. and generally the only time i have ppl around me constantly is late at night when all the freeps are on are in the same spot. and that really cant be helped.

Im not trying to make rules for 1v1 circles or anyhting like that, but if the circles are going on every night and i cant even get a fight for 20minutes with over 10 freeps standing around i will kill those jsut jumping around holding hands watching. and yes i know i will get zerged back, but dont think i will come alone, i am not the only person on creepside that is finding it annoying, not rying to make any rules, just giving fair warning that gta is not a safe zone, especially if your not actively participating in 1v1s. i dont have anyhting against people watching, buyt when theres more people watching than participating its boring, i log on to pvp, so saying go pve on my freep/creep isnt really much of a response lol.
    Your points are understood and I am not saying I have never gone to a 1v1 area and been bored out of my gord for the previously mentioned reasons. I am just saying be prepared to reap the consequences which it seems like you are willing too. I know I did the exact thing you were talking about with a partner just for the hell of it before logging the other day.

Seems like you and I are on about the same time a lot and I see you running around and I believe we have caught eachother solo either solo ourselves or grouped up...it is just the luck of the draw I guess. It is a zerg eat solo era we are living in right now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]
    R.I.P NIDOR (1970-2012): You shall be missed but never forgotten, thank you.

This whole argument can be summed up real easy.People expect others to agree and adapt to what they think their style of fun is in a open pve world.Whether you solo roam,fight club only or raid /group only or a mix of all of the above.As long as your having fun your playing the game right.

With that said never expect others to follow what you think is the best way to have fun.If the club gets ganked try to move it or if you hate clubbing roam or log.If you love rolling clubs do it never let anyone tell you how to play.I just choose to ignore the clubs and find my own fights .

I regret even posting in this thread lol. Just tried to give my opinion which is that picking your fights takes alot of skill out of a fight.And adapting to random 1v1 out in the open takes more skill again this is just my opinion and everyone has the right to their own.

I have one simple rule I follow when I come to the moors Expect nothing and prepare for anything

Fight club arguments make for GREAT forum pvp but it reminds me of this \/ (which I <3)
    Last edited by obiwaan; Aug 05 2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Obiwaan r11 wl Creepshow r9 rvr (not retired just M.I.A)
    Battious r9 miny
    "It is easier to find men to die than to suffer the patience of war "Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman865301 View Post
    If you are saying you are going to start zerging 1v1s if you don't get what you want out of them, don't ever bother coming to a circle if I'm there.
    im not saying that, i will never interfere with anyone actually in a fight, and i even let inpromptu(not in an orgainsed hold hands cricle) 1v1s go and normally jsut watch, which is more than i can say for 99.9percent of the population. however if there is only a few freeps on and they are all standing around in a 1v1 circle but they have stoped 1v1, be it for watvea reason other than afk, ill check to make sure they arnt afk first, cus im not about to gank an afk guy in a 1v1 cricle, but if there is no other freeps on the map i will kill those just jumping around. or i will kill those trying to get back from the rez to the 1v1s.

I like 1v1s and im all for 1v1 circles but the point of 1v1 circles is to have non interupted 1v1s. not wait 15mins for a fight, only for a burg or low rank warg to jump you. exploited comes to mind the other day. The circles dont start out like that, they are normally pretty good, and ive had alot of good fights the last few weeks but i think they are draggin on too long each night and its getting to the point were people either have goten bored fighting the same few guys or wateva, and so jsut sit around. if the 1v1 cicrle gets stale ill log over and let you guys know that its gona get broken up to give you fair warning, but once the fights stop flowing freely it is going to get broken up.

i wont ever kill someone ina 1v1 or that has jsut fought a 1v1, but once the 1v1s stop, its on.

as i said in the op, hate on me if you want, zerg me if you want. i get zerged all day long anyway, and there will still be people thatl 1v1 me without the need for a circle lol.

-pacified

anyone remember that epic sherwood 1v1 circle on ta lawn, going all the way from east ta/stab to wta lol, couldnt move 5 feet without seeing ppl fighting
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I see what you're saying Pacified- and that's totally fair enough for me. Sorry if I came off a bit hostile :P

No interference from me.

I think the recent 1v1s are just BS rank farming for both sides with people only fighting those thay think they can beat. I laughed at the last one I showed up to, not 1 of the 12+creeps attempted a fight but they sure did line up to fight the hunter and the lvl 60 RK.

I think you trying to make "rules" for the community in how you think they should fight is completely laughable. Just concern yourself with your own play style and deal with the ramifications of it. You want to jump people standing around cool, do it, just be prepared to go down yourself or never have a clean 1v1 in the future as you know that is what will happen.

And btw just because you are not grouped doesn't make you solo...I must run solo like you do with 2-23 people that happen to be near me and running everywhere I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwaan View Post
    I agree with this if they get beat they will not challenge that person again .Then when they find someone they can beat they bug that person over and over.A fight club once in a while is ok when its slow or so one sided its overkill.To do it everynight it is just BS rank farming.No one wants to work for their rank anymore.
    I disagree with these. I will fight anyone. I have fought shininaynay (how the hell do you spell that?) Elequently, and other good players. I coudn't get elequently down to 2k. Did I QQ? No.

Also, a hunter called daymen kept challenging me. I beat him. He challenged me a few more times and I still won. BUT, a few more times and he killed me, so you saying "If they get beat they will not challenge that person again" is wrong. I will challenge or accept anyone who wants to fight me. I'm only rank 6, so I don't win many, but I don't care! It's about fun. What other reason are you playing this game?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000040fc09/signature.png]Evilstevo[/charsig]
    Healerstevo - Rank 6 Warleader
    Blackbowstevo - Rank 6 Blackarrow
    Browsing the forums till GW2 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    anyone remember that epic sherwood 1v1 circle on ta lawn, going all the way from east ta/stab to wta lol, couldnt move 5 feet without seeing ppl fighting
    lol I do remember that =), for like a whole week I don't know what was up everywhere i would go people would start forming up 1v1 circles around me.

Pretty sure it was all luckyhit and slycs fault they always challenge me to 1v1's and people stop to watch. Our fights are so random too it's like a straight 50/50 coin flip who will win.

Ironically it started in the morning time before 12 and didn't finish til like 5 in the afternoon or something >.> I actually logged and came back and it was still going hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by gageithman View Post
    @Fatfreddy I don't understand why youre against nightly 1v1s when you solo 90% of the time. Pretty much every creep class stands a decent chance at rank 6, which really isnt that hard to get.
    I've got a few reasons, and it has nothing to do with my chances of winning... I mean I do like 1v1s, don't get me wrong... and I could care less if I die, lol.

I just don't like the contrived nature of the whole deal, it stops REAL pvp as everyone runs to 1v1s and all roaming fights stop. They also happen to be during the late night hours when I often group with a friend that can only play during that period.

I'm also still sore at Sugarpie for stopping a big raid to have a 1v1 circle and then deciding that it was time to zerg everyone when he was tired of it, that happened a long time ago though... but I still expect a repeat of such sportsmanship.

I also agree with what Winterfell and Obiwan said... some people are rank farming imho...
    I noticed that when I went there with my BA people were scrambling to 1v1 me, lol... I don't even have time for my fire trap CD to come back up, much less VT... Also, I go there with my defiler and people line up to fight me!! I went there with my defiler to rez... But hey, whatever... killing me will just take awhile...
    But when people I have never heard of are trying to get 1v1 circles going at 2am... its kinda suspect to me.

I just prefer the idea of finding a fight in the wild, these arranged things just aren't as inspiring. Its no big deal to me though, its a free pvp zone! Just figured I'd share my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Aothriel1965; Aug 05 2011 at 10:25 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100001812a4/signature.png]Fatfreddy[/charsig]
    [size=4][color=Fuchsia]All You Need is [/color][color=Yellow]L[/color][color=Chartreuse]O[/color][color=red]V[/color][color=aqua]E[/color][color=Deeppink]![/color][/size]
    [size=1][color=red]..and the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers![/color][/size]

What are my typical "inspiring fights in the wild"? 1v3-8ing a warg pack, sending one sprinting, then getting corpse jumped. Or getting zerged by the craid. Only good fights I get are if I run into someone like Luckyhit, Swiftd, Stylen, Deathwings, etc...don't get me wrong Freddy, I see your point, but in the current moors, it just doesn't happen. Which is why I enjoy 1v1s, as 8v1ing someone imo isn't PvP. Grats on pushing one button for the kill.

Says the FOTM OP burg! Yes, I only use claws... I have removed all other skills from my toolbar ROFL...
    Last edited by Aothriel1965; Aug 05 2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added humorous acronym
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100001812a4/signature.png]Fatfreddy[/charsig]
    [size=4][color=Fuchsia]All You Need is [/color][color=Yellow]L[/color][color=Chartreuse]O[/color][color=red]V[/color][color=aqua]E[/color][color=Deeppink]![/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Aothriel1965 View Post
    Says the FOTM OP burg! Yes, I only use claws... I have removed all other skills from my toolbar ROFL...
    I've been here long before we were FotM, but, alright. I don't pop cds in good fights. But I'm a burg, you know, my thoughts on these forums are irrelevant because of the class I play.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman865301 View Post
    I've been here long before we were FotM, but, alright. I don't pop cds in good fights. But I'm a burg, you know, my thoughts on these forums are irrelevant because of the class I play.
    Hey I was just kidding! But welcome to my world, we can both revel in our irrelevance!!

Opinions are like ### holes, everyone has one and no one wants to hear them.

or maybe..

Opinions are like elbows, everyone has two.

Heres what i say.
    If i choose to make a 1v1 circle( which i dont often do anyway)\
    i only hope people respect me enough not to break its rules.
    if some idiot tries to break it (aka a warg jumping after 1v1s or a reaver "accidentally DS)
    it ruins many peoples good time.
    while i also keep in mind what people says before in this thread about ppl hiding in circles and such. mine only last about an hour or so.
    i encourage for all 1v1 circles not to be too long as to leave space for other things and other people.
    Again, i only ask that if i make something. u back off and hold your rage for a bit if u have enough respect for me,
    if you think youre some bad mofo whose gonna come zerg my circle you have another thing coming buddy.
    that is all . thanks.

Love you all guy

+Chily.
    Chily r15, Antiderivative r11, + other ranked stuff. Erebus.

I love soloing but all this rulemaking and self-proclaimed 1v1 police make me laugh. It's an open pvp zone and it's the only one we have. This effectively makes it smaller. Now we have two sacred spots were we have to ask permission to fight? No way. I will respect 1v1 generally but I always found mine by roaming the map and taking my chances and not having these spoon-fed to me nightly. You have CM as a designated area I I generally respect that but if I feel like fighting someone anywhere else on the map I'm gonna do it. Most people don't read the forums anyway so they won't know your silly make-believe rules.

The circles are ok on occasion but another designated area isn't going to happen nor should it. We need more space, not less.
    Jeffaman-Guarding Hobbit Jeffro-Burgling Hobbit Tinulaurien-Elf Lore Master Cephus-Champion of Men Lilnooblet-Hunting Hobbit Jeffrandir-Snooty Elf Rune-keeper- All of Brandywine
    Long live the halflings! Praise them with great praise!
    RIP Nidor - Brandywine's bravest warrior

Hold the 1v1s at CM and bypass the drama!
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Thunderlipz TheUltimateMale - Rank 10 Champ[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Newbsauce GoForBroke - Rank 8 Reaver[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffd700]R.I.P. Nidor of Brandywine 1970-2012 ~Wish You Were Here~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I proclaim myself the Hitler of 1v1s. You will 1v1 as I say or it's the sofa pits with you.

I'm solo 90% of the time
    Sure seems a lot more than 10% of the time you are grouped...going to count the next few times I "find" you.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000c08ff/signature.png]Winterfell[/charsig]

For My BW Brethren or Those Who Love Stick Figures [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=322130] 3 Years of Stick Art [/url]

Unhappy Re: Fightclubbing (1v1s)

Ya, well... I was hanging with the noobs cuz I was tired of getting zerged by a certain person's raid all day... actually do feel bad about that, sorry bro... seriously!

Ya, well... I was hanging with the noobs cuz I was tired of getting zerged by a certain person's raid all day... actually do feel bad about that, sorry bro... seriously!
    all in good fun Fat...no serious bidnez

I would have made my own QQ thread has it been serious bidnez.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast