We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: New warden info?

Couple other notes:

Some virtues are losing a couple points - went from 11 to 9 innocence on beta - Zeal is awesome now:

Zeal
    +338 Max Morale
    +388.8 Physical Mitigation
    +180 Armour Value

Lost a ring of brawling - had two - they are unique

Quote Originally Posted by ANewMachine View Post
    Yeah, just to put it into perspective: that set alone would've almost fulfilled the 750 cap if caps had kept scaling at 10-per-level. Crazy.
    Agreed lol!

Any word on how difficult it is to get the set presuming you get into the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Couple other notes:

Some virtues are losing a couple points - went from 11 to 9 innocence on beta - Zeal is awesome now:

Lost a ring of brawling - had two - they are unique
    That is great to know! I will stop trying for the next set.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1054335/146085512913891866/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000010321a/signature.png]Eryndar[/charsig][/url]
    Eryndar - 75 Warden / Jadwin - 75 Minstrel / Antrius - 75 Hunter / Saelethial - 66 Champion

...what would that much Vit look like with the IG buff lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Originally Posted by [B]Graalx2 [/B]-Directed at Wardens!
    You guys!!! There is such a thing as being too efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Balagast View Post
    Ya the set bonus is lame unless they make Never Surrender not utterly suck.
    Are you basing this on the old version of the skill or the new version? The Isengard skill is now significantly different. It prevents you from being defeated for five minutes (if your morale falls too low, you get a heafy heal to restore your morale - I believe the heal is what activates the annoying drawbacks). Hmmm, I wonder if it works in the Barrow Downs skirmish?

Alas, I finally read the updated tooltip this morning - two minutes after the skill would have been really useful.

Of course, reducing the cooldown by five minutes is hardly an exciting bonnus.
    Pineleaf Needles,

Skirmisher Director for LOTRO Players.

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Antrius View Post
    Any word on how difficult it is to get the set presuming you get into the raid?
    Never mind I remember that they can be ground for and the last two pieces are in the raid.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1054335/146085512913891866/][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000010321a/signature.png]Eryndar[/charsig][/url]
    Eryndar - 75 Warden / Jadwin - 75 Minstrel / Antrius - 75 Hunter / Saelethial - 66 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RaleyD View Post
    Are you basing this on the old version of the skill or the new version? The Isengard skill is now significantly different. It prevents you from being defeated for five minutes (if your morale falls too low, you get a heafy heal to restore your morale - I believe the heal is what activates the annoying drawbacks). Hmmm, I wonder if it works in the Barrow Downs skirmish?

Alas, I finally read the updated tooltip this morning - two minutes after the skill would have been really useful.

Of course, reducing the cooldown by five minutes is hardly an exciting bonnus.
    Ya, there is a thread in the beta forum suggesting they change the set bonus. A reduction in penalties is much better than reduction in CD. We'll see, everything is subject to change right.

Did a little "Comparison Shopping" on the new sets:

Warden:
    732 Vitality
    183 Might
    996 Incoming Healing
    163.2 ICPR
    166 Block
    332 Parry
    1992 Finesse
    284 Power
    304 Offense Rating
    +5 second stun immunity
    -5 minutes NS Cooldown

Guardian
    732 Vitality
    183 Might
    332 Incoming Healing
    108 ICPR
    332 Block
    332 Parry
    1992 Finesse
    284 Power
    1344 Physical Mit
    304 Offense Rating
    +2% Evade
    +200% Heal and +100% Max from Warrior’s Heart/Fortitude

So, the differences:
    We got
    +664 Incoming Healing
    +55.2 ICPR
    +5 Seconds Stun Immunity
    -5 Minutes NS CD

They got
    +166 Block
    +1344 Physical Mitigation
    +2% Evade
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000237e4a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Keth(65 Warden), Tula(65 Hunter), Az(Champ and Warden), Ghaele(Cpt), Mahlya(Burg), Shilly(RK), Byrena(Guard), Kahnya(LM), Naht(Mini), Rea(Burg), and others
    Alt problem? *twitch* I ain't got no Alt problem! I can stop any time!

Quote Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
    Did a little "Comparison Shopping" on the new sets:

Warden:
    732 Vitality
    183 Might
    996 Incoming Healing
    163.2 ICPR
    166 Block
    332 Parry
    1992 Finesse
    284 Power
    304 Offense Rating
    +5 second stun immunity
    -5 minutes NS Cooldown

Guardian
    732 Vitality
    183 Might
    332 Incoming Healing
    108 ICPR
    332 Block
    332 Parry
    1992 Finesse
    284 Power
    1344 Physical Mit
    304 Offense Rating
    +2% Evade

So, the differences:
    We got
    +664 Incoming Healing
    +55.2 ICPR
    +5 Seconds Stun Immunity
    -5 Minutes NS CD

They got
    +166 Block
    +2% Evade
    Ya, not great right. Add to that that wardens have been reporting squishyness and guards have been reporting "God Like" mitigations and things get interesting. Finesse is going to affect us more for sure.

Quick notes, last I check OD t2 sets were losing medallion requirement - so t2 drop = armor piece. And there is a t6 of stat tomes coming out in the store. New tier of crafting guild rep, scholars can make pocket items....grind for new armor sets was drastically cut some time during beta....um I can't think of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
    So, the differences:
    We got
    +664 Incoming Healing
    +55.2 ICPR
    +5 Seconds Stun Immunity
    -5 Minutes NS CD

They got
    +166 Block
    +2% Evade
    Ugh, that mitigation gap is massive. Or did they change the mit scaling, as was oft suspected? (Even then, we thought it was so that lower rating = more %, so it's still a huge gap...)
    Last edited by ANewMachine; Aug 26 2011 at 01:08 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d51ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

Ugh, that mitigation gap is massive. Or did they change the mit scaling, as was oft suspected? (Even then, we thought it was so that lower rating = more %, so it's still a huge gap...)
    That gap seems monstrous ... Innocence and Compassion at rk12 will give about 688 Physical mitigation each to put that number in perspective.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000003b5d1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Dallimer (Warden) Tarliwyn (LM) Krakkle (Champ) Phlili (RK)

And they get a nice boost to a great Emergency skill that's only on a 5min CD that can get reduced to roughly 2mins with traits IIRC?

I'm baffled by the line of thought here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003b62c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by LtDiablo View Post
    And they get a nice boost to a great Emergency skill that's only on a 5min CD that can get reduced to roughly 2mins with traits IIRC?

I'm baffled by the line of thought here.
    Over-reaction to the MorliX line of thought re: the avoidance gap, perhaps? I wonder exactly how large the gap in BPE and Morale is...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d51ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Over-reaction to the MorliX line of thought re: the avoidance gap, perhaps? I wonder exactly how large the gap in BPE and Morale is...
    Even if we were too assume all things equal, like lets assume this set existed in LOTRO Current, these two 5 piece bonuses still don't compare, to anything. Ours is moot, theirs is useful even awesome. I don't care what the reasoning is behind it, the point of the 5 bonus is to make the set desired. It's supposed to be a goal, exciting, to achieve that last piece. I have ZERO desire or excitement about achieving the 5 bonus for this class.

I've watched and lurked and held my tongue lending to the belief of wait and see, but now that beta NDA is lifted things start to become more concrete and changes always seem to be more minor or none based on past history with turbine once this point is crossed, but I hope, I hope, they're listening cause this is sad. I'll get ROI, but it won't be for my Warden.

Oh, here's what I'm most interested in, btw: How much ICPR, ICMR, and crit defense are the various stances giving when max-traited in the line that buffs them?

Alright a couple of thoughts. Firstly, looking at the set bonus, I can't help but notice the massive amount of incoming healing. I'm kind of curious how this affects both our self heals and heals from the group healer. Secondly, I think that even if all the penalties on NS were removed, a move from 30 min to 25 min is hardly noticeable. That said, if the NS penalties were removed, I could see a set bonus that extended the 5 min NS lasts being useful. But honestly, I don't think these stats are anywhere near final.
    Last edited by greendragoon100; Aug 26 2011 at 02:01 PM.

Oh, here's what I'm most interested in, btw: How much ICPR, ICMR, and crit defense are the various stances giving when max-traited in the line that buffs them?
    We don't know yet, Orion hasn't said

As to the set bonuses, mitigation is the guards forte, let them have it. This will shut them up about how "OP" we are (maybe). With the ICPR, Inc. Healing, and BPE spike we are getting with RoI, statistically I am still happy with how things stand, though I think the +2% evade on the guardian set is odd... as I said, mitigation is there thing, not BPE.

I also agree that the 5 set bonus is pretty lame, all things considered. NS needs to be changed to be more friendly on its own, either via a reduced cooldown or reduced penalties; having both in the magnitude that skill currently has is nonsense. After that the 5 set bonus could be changed to something more useful as well... perhaps further reduced penalties on NS, extra offense... I dunno there is a lot of potential there.

Edit: I really can't say how happy I am that info on guards finally got out. The fear mongering and general stupidity over there has been ridiculous. Also, updating everyone's favorite thread with a pic and the set info.

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    Edit: I really can't say how happy I am that info on guards finally got out. The fear mongering and general stupidity over there has been ridiculous. Also, updating everyone's favorite thread with a pic and the set info.
    QFT - they are excellent at what they do though...relentless at rage quitting (or threatening to rage quit)

I'm gonna be headed home in a little bit. Would you like screenies of the new gambits, traits, anything else for your thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    QFT - they are excellent at what they do though...relentless at rage quitting (or threatening to rage quit)

I'm gonna be headed home in a little bit. Would you like screenies of the new gambits, traits, anything else for your thread?
    Pardon my french, but HELL YES!

Anything new you can provide would be awesome and will be added to the Compilation thread. If you can share skill tooltip screenies that would be especially awesome.

Edit: By the way, how did the bleed changes work out? Any info on that system?
    Last edited by Regero; Aug 26 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Has our power efficiency been improved or do we still consume power like a fat kid with cake?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001864a3/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Leinad312 View Post
    Has our power efficiency been improved or do we still consume power like a fat kid with cake?
    +Rep for LOL's

Quote Originally Posted by Leinad312 View Post
    rep from me as well, but we still scarf power like crazy aye. We get a little more ICPR from our set armor though and Determination is getting some ICPR on it so that's something.

...and there may have a been a blanket reduction in skill costs for the warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

*cough* I mean that is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post

Lol but seriously, GREAT news!

But I spent so much time learning to eat diet cake :/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast